OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #75

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They needed lookouts. They had too many people to worry about and even more so than the ones they were killing, as Billy told BCI, if there was any hint of trouble, then Chris's family members would be up there to help. If something went wrong and Chris was able to call for help, how many family members would potentially show up? No way they plan to carry this out and don't bring George even at the minimum for a lookout when they are in there committing all these murders.

Absolutely, they needed lookouts. I've always thought so, with it being either Jake, Billy or Angela (before we learned she stayed at home)

I always thought that, with Jake being the "puny' one, not big and muscular like GW4. I thought he might have stayed outside at Chris Sr's, where his dad was probably afraid of facing a fight from Chris and Gary and wanted GW4 to help him out. At Kenny's, his place was small and likely only one Wagner stepped inside to shoot him. George was look out or guard at the other two locations.

We still have their voice recordings (after return from Alaska) and is JW’s 2nd wife on the witness list? If so, probably her testimony; then there’s the threats GW made. I think we might hear all the wire tap convos before we get to JW & AW. Just a guess.
JW only had one wife, marriage certificate taken out in January 2018.

I do not see a subpoena listed for Elizabeth, Jake's wife, but the prosecution was keeping Elizabeth's address and neighbors secret from the defense. The defense was upset about this and filed one or two Motions over it. So her subpoena could be under seal.

I can't imagine her not testifying.

I believe Billy had a motive also. In fact at this point in the trial I believe Billy had a stronger motive than even Jake or Angie did. Not prepared to trot that out yet but there are some things said about Billy that are kind of adding up in my mind. When I get it clear in my own mind I will post to see what all of you think.

JMO
I think we learned a lot about Billy from that one interview. Many things sorta went ding in my head.

I have prior to that thought of him as a big mean bully type. He seems intimidating, large in size and I imagined large in personality (like mean and nobody messed with him type large)..

After that interview I see a small man. He was sneaky. He was around, but maybe not always involved. Just knowing enough and dabbling enough to be included, but could jump out if the fire got hot. He came off very sketchy. He knew a lot and maybe people got that vibe from him also. He seems like one you wouldn't tell a secret or trust with info. This may have been all an act for BCI, but I have known people like this. I definitely feel the custody motive was the spark that started the fire, but Billy's growing jealousy or whatever he was feeling was the fan that made that flame burn the place down.

Jmo and not to victim shame, Billy was best friends with Crs and maybe business partners who knows but can you imagine being best friends with Billy? He would have to make think I am making bad choices.
Well Billy's version is they are best friends. I'd love to know what Chris's version was. We won't know because he's gone and can't speak. So are all those close to him. Maybe they weren't as close as Billy was suggesting. I mean if Billy wasn't involved in all the drugs Chris was involved in, he wasn't involved in the *advertiser censored* fighting, he wasn't involved in the grows, he was just around to tell Chris he didn't need to do all that stuff?? I am not buying it.

What if Chris Sr didn't want Billy involved? His mouth, his attitude, all of it don't seem much like someone I'd want to do secret business with.

What if Billy wanted in, but Chris always was leery of him being involved in that stuff because of his mouth?

Sounds like Billy was allowed to do the legit work for Chris like picking up cars, but maybe Chris excluded him from the other operations and Billy was mad about that? He sets up a meeting to try to present this offer he can't refuse then and instead it was to murder him.

I can't wait to hear the exact story Jake tells. There are so many pieces I just can't quite see where they fit yet.

Remember that text from DR to CR at 330 am or so? We don't know if that was the Wagners or if that was really her. We know they went to Kenneths a couple times. Then were heading back to Union Hill Road after 3am toward CRsr and Dana's.. they had to go past their houses to get to their house on Peterson Road. So maybe they just drove back past to drop the truck off and go home, but what if that is when they killed Dana, Hannah, and Chris Jr. That text could be Dana hearing something and texting him. If only we knew the content, but they took the phones so we only have the data showing a text was sent is my understanding. Maybe that was Jake or one of them using her phone to send that text as they went back past the house.

My guess is they can't get location data either unless they have the actual phone?

Another thing is Billy's interview he said if they could call for help the others would be up there in no time (something like that). It makes a lot more sense to me if they were going to prevent anyone from coming to the rescue, I would bet it would be Kenneth so why not kill him first?

They kill CRsr and GR, then stay in that general area for 2 hours before heading to Kenny's to see if anything was amiss.. then they didn't kill him and instead drove all the way back to union hill to take out everyone else before going back to Kenny's..

In that time they were at CRsr and GR, we know Frankie's son was dropped off, but the mom stayed since Frankie wasn't home yet. So now we have another car and more activity over at Frankie's (right next door to CRsr's) until 10:15-10:30 is when she said she left and Frankie was home at that point. So we have Frankie arriving home and his sons mom leaving. Either they all just narrowly missed seeing the Wagners at CRsr's or they did and didn't realize it.

So many questions, but really the main thing I see is all 3 were there and present. They needed lookouts. They had too many people to worry about and even more so than the ones they were killing, as Billy told BCI, if there was any hint of trouble, then Chris's family members would be up there to help. If something went wrong and Chris was able to call for help, how many family members would potentially show up? No way they plan to carry this out and don't bring George even at the minimum for a lookout when they are in there committing all these murders.
Quote:

Another thing is Billy's interview he said if they could call for help the others would be up there in no time (something like that).

as Billy told BCI, if there was any hint of trouble, then Chris's family members would be up there to help. If something went wrong and Chris was able to call for help, how many family members would potentially show up?

So Billy just proved why they bought the phone jammers and why they needed George as lookout. George was standing at the end of Left Fork Rd., near Chris Jr's bedroom, and trying to fire a gun hiding in Chris's yard as well as dragging bodies etc....

Billy made it clear they needed George's help. Also clear why the Wagner's needed a Will written for the children in case they were over powered and killed.

How it looks to me.

Last edited:
Well Billy's version is they are best friends. I'd love to know what Chris's version was. We won't know because he's gone and can't speak. So are all those close to him. Maybe they weren't as close as Billy was suggesting. I mean if Billy wasn't involved in all the drugs Chris was involved in, he wasn't involved in the *advertiser censored* fighting, he wasn't involved in the grows, he was just around to tell Chris he didn't need to do all that stuff?? I am not buying it.

What if Chris Sr didn't want Billy involved? His mouth, his attitude, all of it don't seem much like someone I'd want to do secret business with.

What if Billy wanted in, but Chris always was leery of him being involved in that stuff because of his mouth?

Sounds like Billy was allowed to do the legit work for Chris like picking up cars, but maybe Chris excluded him from the other operations and Billy was mad about that? He sets up a meeting to try to present this offer he can't refuse then and instead it was to murder him.
Jmo maybe but a lot of people saw them together, it would take me about 2 min with Billy to know this is not a guy to associate with even prior to any murders.

Jmo maybe but a lot of people saw them together, it would take me about 2 min with Billy to know this is not a guy to associate with even prior to any murders.
I don't doubt they were friends and seen together. I am saying as Chris Sr got more into the grows and doing deals, maybe the wasn't letting Billy be in on that. Just listening to him for that interview told me no way. He didn't know anything, but wait let me tell you something... If he was anything like THAT as a friend/business partner and I was doing illegal things.. I would not pick him to be doing the dealings with. That's what I mean.

I don't doubt they were friends and seen together. I am saying as Chris Sr got more into the grows and doing deals, maybe the wasn't letting Billy be in on that. Just listening to him for that interview told me no way. He didn't know anything, but wait let me tell you something... If he was anything like THAT as a friend/business partner and I was doing illegal things.. I would not pick him to be doing the dealings with. That's what I mean.

It seems very unlikely Chris Sr was on friendly terms with Billy after the custody fight heated up between Jake and Hanna. Chris couldn't have been very pleased about Jake's treatment of Hanna, abusing her, making threats, etc.

That's why Billy had to come up with a ruse to get Chris to meet him and step out of his house. Without the promise of the phony deal Billy dreamed up, it sounds like Chris Sr wouldn't have talked to him.

Recall, too, Tabitha or the other girl said Chris Sr was getting the money together to hire an attorney to help Hanna get custody. Jake had beat up Hanna and choked her, etc.

We're only hearing Billy's side of the story.

More BCI agents are expected to testify Friday about the searches and the investigation into the Wagners. At some point, in the next week, George’s two grandmothers are expected to take the stand, followed by Jake and Angela.

To me, today was about showing why the Wags went to the top of the suspect list, from the gun list to Billy's behavior and the lies he told in the interview to things like Jake asking what Brentley saw.

It's worth remembering that George is the one Wagner that has doesn't have a OBVIOUS connection to the murders. Jake confessed to killing 5 people and has the obvious motive against the Rhodens. Billy is the means of getting CR Sr. out of his house to shoot him. Angela (and her mother, yet to testify) is all up in the counterfeit custody papers, ordering shoes, and monitoring Hanna's FB. The defense made the idiotic point that LE didn't collect George's phone. But they don't need it because what the state wants to show is the conspiracy, so when they take Jake and Billy's phones, they get all the messages that George sent (like his warning to Billy that LE was on site) and the gun list. What THAT shows is George as part of the larger conspiracy, along with two people who have CONFESSED and another one we heard lying and obfuscating and acting like a douche in a police interview today. That's what we need--George working with the others to plan, execute and coverup the murders. And the foundation for that comes with the way he let his mother run his marriage. If he would let her control his sex life, his wife, and his child, how would he not be part of this big murder plan?
because what the state wants to show is the conspiracy, so when they take Jake and Billy's phones, they get all the messages that George sent (like his warning to Billy that LE was on site

BBM

I disagree that this shows conspiracy or involvement. I think it likely that George knew about Billy's drug use (which FW supplied him with narcotics) and knew of Billy's dislike of talking to LE. It took LE 6 months to catch Billy to talk to. They stated they had been to Peterson Rd and FWF numerous times and Billy was always "gone". They finally ran him down in a grocery parking lot. I believe that George and the entire family including FW and RW had been told by Billy to lie and say he wasn't there when LE came knocking. I believe that due to drugs Billy is, as his friend Jeff said "moody and erratic". I also think he was very abusive to Angie and both boys. Whether he was or not I believe George was aware of his reluctance to speak to LE and may even have been told to warn him if they came around. Hence the text. "Don't come down here, we got company." That in it's self does not make George a murderer or even a conspirator. For me all it shows is George was aware his dad was on drugs and didn't want to talk to the law officers. I have seen some people who are the way Billy is. And I have seen their family do just what George did. Warn them when LE came around to talk to them.

And the foundation for that comes with the way he let his mother run his marriage. If he would let her control his sex life, his wife, and his child,

I don't think this shows he was part of a murder plot either. Remember what Tabitha said "Angie's house, Angie's rules." Many parents are this way. You live under my roof so you go by my rules. It is very telling that she said this about the house on Peterson road which was in Jake and George's name. That might be hard to understand unless you take into consideration that Tabitha testified that the money to buy the house came from insurance proceeds from the Bethal road house which belonged to Billy and Angie. Therefore, even though the house was in the boy's name it actually belonged to Billy and Angie. I have my own ideas why they put it in the boy's name, a few being divorce, debts, and Billy drug dealing (RICO Act). That does not necessarily follow that you would go along with or commit murder because your mom told you to.

I think that was BS that Angie was suddenly concerned when they were 19 and 22 and already married about them having sex and BJ's when Angie did not seem to have any concerns about their having sex or BJ's when they were 11 and 13. That does not ring true for me and I do not think it will ring true for many people. If that order was reversed and she told them that at 11 and 13, then yes, I could see an adult giving 2 children that kind of talk. But at 19 and 22 and already married, no. I think Tabitha hated Angie because she interfered in the Tabitha's raising of her own child and saw her as the reason for the breakup of her and George. Thus, the mudslinging she did toward Angie in court. Tabitha tried to bury Angie and make her seem like the Devil Incarnate. (To me that seems an accurate description of Angie as far as we know her now.) I think a fair statement is Tabitha hates Angie and tried to portray her in the worst possible light in court and I also think maybe this is why Tabitha did not choose to opt out. She wanted Angie to see her and hear how much she hated her.

You will notice she did not say anything really bad about George and declared she still loved him and always would.

I think there could be many reasons why George did not stand up to his mother. Again, this does not follow that he would go along with killing 8 people in cold blood because his mother wanted him to. Dislike of confrontation and fear of having nowhere to go if Angie kicked them out. This is seen a lot when adult married children live in their parents' home. They don't earn enough money to get their own house and are unsure they can make it on their own. I think another factor was Tabitha's propensity to be unfaithful, which she stated in court that she admitted to George that she couldn't be faithful. Somehow from this I think George actually cared about her (trying to keep her from cutting herself, trying to take her to the hospital, trying to get her to take her medications, and trying to get her to come inside when she was standing in the yard with no shoes on in November in Ohio, not wanting her to be around her stepdad who molested her and her mother who knew about it and did nothing.) I think he wanted the marriage to work but couldn't trust her so he stayed with his parents because there were times he had to be away for weeks for work. I also think he tried to protect her from what he saw as the danger of her going back into a house where a man had molested her. At any rate he did help her after they broke up by giving her money to pay her fine and he dropped the protective order.

There is an idea coming to my mind due to something AC said in one of the pretrial motions that Angie asked the boys. According to AC Angie asked them if they were sure they wanted to do this. I am going to reference @altojack 's beloved Queen when it was said that if one of her PM's presented an plan to her that she didn't approve of she would ask them are you sure you want to do this. Also from the beginning LE said Billy was the master mind of this plan to kill the R's. So I will give it some more thought and post it when I get it a little clearer in my mind.

This is MY opinion and My thoughts.

JMO

James Pilcher
@jamespilcher
·
9m

Now introducing a 9 mm casings - another objection from defense. But before sidebar, prosecutor says they will show the initial plan was to bring a 9 mm on the night of the killing. Yet another long sidebar.
@local12

Took a break after this.

Wonder why they planned to bring a 9 mm, but changed their mind? This must be information from Jake's proffer.

I'll let those of you who know guns and ammo explain why they debated this. Every time I try to search about guns online, I get the videos of someone waving a gun around. I reflexively duck and hide when they do that.
im thinking the 9mm got upgraded to the 40 cal. the 22 subsonic 1911 is a very particular gun- and is featured on boondock saints. very easy to silence nearly completly when used with ammo called subsonic- the reduction in charge means bullet doesnt break speed of sound. usually the bullet only has enough momentum to go in almost never an exit wound.

mr tacket pointing out the 30 round clips is significant to the 9mm/40mm question. a 30 round clip aka extended clip extends quite a way down past the butt of gun. glocks have a large aftermarket market and not all of it is legal under atf. very popular feature for glock pistils is the selector switch. this is a small piece of metal which modifies the pistols firing pin allowing spray of bullets til clip is empty. in that same idea, there are 50 to 100 round drums that load into bottom using magazine area as connector. with one of those autmatic switches and a drum clip much havoc can be wreaked. th younger gang members in cities now are always shooting at each other and having those extendedn clips jam. usually that tyepe of set up will use 9mm since there is less kickback and the barrel wont be pulled up as much in auto. the 40 call also has those larger options but the bigger bullets mean the cips hold less then 9mm in many situations. so maybe at firs t billy was thinking rambo with the 9 extended back to the 40 cal more power less bullets. or maybe he used 2 40swhich makes it easy to buy larger clips or

I don't think they really worried about this in the way that you or I would do. I think they like these young victimized girls who were sexually exploited as children because it was easier to get them to marry and have kids so young. There was a sense that the parents might allow the Wagners to annex the girls and control them. Someone (Angela) who would allow an 11 year old girl to share a bed with a boy over 13 is not really worried about sexual exploitation of children. These girls had been sort of pre-groomed for the Wagners. And for what it's worth, Angela's extreme interest and involvement in her sons' bedroom activities is in the same book if not on the same page as incest (not the "same" but related). Absolutely just my opinion.

I think the Wagners claim to be worried about sex abuse in order to argue that the kids are better off in their family--even though there was no evidence that Hanna would have let her abuser near her child and we saw conclusively that Tabitha sacrificed to keep Bulvine away from her stepdad. And of course yelping "sex abuse" kept people from looking at what Angela was doing.

It was probably a big surprise to Angela that these girls who had suffered early abuse and were then exploited by her family were not too beaten down to rebel against being controlled by the Wagner cult.
I think the Wagners claim to be worried about sex abuse in order to argue that the kids are better off in their family--even though there was no evidence that Hanna would have let her abuser near her child and we saw conclusively that Tabitha sacrificed to keep Bulvine away from her stepdad. And of course yelping "sex abuse" kept people from looking at what Angela was doing.

BBM
I agree.

I agree completely with all of this.

Also, I'd add after listening to that interview of Billy, I detected some jealousy there.

Chris and I grew up different.. he had it hard, had to work hard for what he had.. I was a trust fund baby. (surface level that sounds great.. trust fund baby.. I think he envied Chris for working so hard to have what he did. He envied how close his family was. He was jealous because they wanted to be around each other because they cared for one another vs some sick control/loyalty/obligation (think of Billy mentioning he just takes care of his dad.. so much of that seemed fake) FW seems like the controlling type also. She is a business woman who I am sure worked hard also, but she seems like it's conditional love, like you owe me something type of success/love/parenting. Maybe Billy was jealous of his buddy. I got the feeling Chris Sr would have done anything for his friends, but Billy's motives were always about him and his help was likely always conditional. Maybe that is all he new based on how he was raised.
One problem with psychopathic people is they know they are missing those feelings others have, the love, the empathy, the generosity. So this seems right to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nosey2b