OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #76

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad he is speaking freely and not trying to be proper or speak in a way that is not his normal language. This is real and what helps make witnesses believable. I just love country folks (and I come from the hollers of WV just across the Ohio line so I consider myself a bit country myself) and their call it like it is attitude. No putting on a show for the camera.

Me too. I am from the opposite side of Ohio as you, grew up on a 300 acre dairy farm in Indiana.

He was interviewed for a podcast I listened to. I recall him being closer to George than Jake because they were almost the same age. Angela is much older than him and her boys were more like brother to him because of the age gap. This must be hard for him. :( He had mostly positive things to say about George if I recall right. Said he wouldn't believe this of him, but Angela he could see it. She was controlling.
He was on a Piketon Massacre podcast. It is interesting and helpful to put a face with a name and voice.

Right. Didn’t she accuse Tabitha of the same?
Yep said she was poisoning them I believe when cooking.

Then when Tabatha went to her house and the baby was lethargic and she took her the hospital they found Xanax. I mean I'd say when people start overly accusing others of something sometimes it's a guilty conscious speaking things you've done but blaming others.

Did Chris ever obtain a Taurus .357 for George. No, he bought it off George. A Remington something - he sold it for George a year or two before Glock. Something about another gun. Jake never asked for much. Usually sold guns that George brought to him, not sure whose guns they were.

Did George buy guns for his father. Not 100% sure for his dad. Might have bought a 12 gauge for his dad as a present. Many years ago. Judged it was for his father because it looked like something Billy would like. Not aware that George actually gave it to him.

He knew Tabby. Knew her as a kid. Hung out with them when she was with George. Didn't ask why they broke up. Knew Hanna Rhoden. She was like a little sister to him. Real good friends. Texted almost every day for a long time. She and Jake broke up, lost touch with her a little while. He always thought the world of her. She was a great mother from what he observed. Exceptional. Knew Frankie pretty well and little Chris when he was real little. Met him at Billy & Angelas on Bethel Hill. Frankie was a heck of a good ole boy. Saw him last at Ross County Trade Days. He was with his girlfriend and a little boy. Little boy wanted to buy a pony from Chris but Frankie said no. Had a good visit. Was up on Union Hill Rd, maybe once.

For me, if I was a juror, I would have no problem giving my time. My problem would come from the feeling that my time was being wasted.
Then that juror should be kicked out. Jurors are made fully aware of how long a trial will take. They have the obligation to let the judge know if they have a problem with that. Why do people think a trial works so different than it does? Imo.

Jake and George Wagner's favorite movie was Boondock Saints. They were just shooting breeze about favorite movie. Jake and George said it was their favorite. His favorite is any John Wayne. Saw Jake & George with hair dyed dark. He told them it looked dumb (used a different word). Jake said he thought he looked like Norman Reedus. Chris said no.

Play cards some, especially during winter. Few nights a week. George didn't gamble with him playing poker. Does he know son of Mr Nash - attorney for George. Knows his son very well, plays cards with Nash's son sometimes. Has lost some money. Aware of properties Wagners owned that burned - houses, trucks, hay fields, dog kennel. Maybe 3 houses burned there. Had helped them build one of the homes. One pick up and 1 semi, he thinks. Hay fields were when he was really little, doesn't recall where they were. Never discussed it with them. They never said the fires were deliberate. Had suspicions about the fires, his sister had a lot of the same stuff after the fires.

During the last sidebar, CN turned to his right and spoke a few words to someone...don't know who he spoke to whether it was a bailiff or to the jury. If so I'm surprised the defense didn't mention that.

Wreck when Jake was driving George's truck. Chris's truck broke down, called for George's help. Jake came and said he could fix it. Can't recall much after that, woke up when they were trying to get him out of the truck. He almost died. Multiple fractures, one up the right side of his body, concussion, torn miniscus in knee. Took 4 hrs to cut him out of truck. Engine came through the truck into his lap. Life flighted to Capitol Huntington hospital. Hit a tree, bank and creek. After homicide, but before they went to Alaska.

Missed out on some testimony. Is he now talking about one of the Wagners using a pump to steal gas from other trucks. Billy would have Chris go to a diet doctor and get 3 pills. He would give one to Billy, get paid.

Murders were monstrous act in his opinion. Said he was enraged at Jake, would have beat him within an inch of his life. Mostly mad at Jake and his sister (AW). Didn't think much about Billy. Mother also charged. She had never been to jail. Defense objects to Chris saying how he felt about them involving his mother in the crimes. Objecting again when she asks Chris about what he answered to an earlier question. He said re Angela - if she said jump, they jumped - her sons.
He said he felt enraged, also betrayed. He adamantly thought his family had nothing to do with this. When Jake confessed, he felt very betrayed.

Last edited:
Gosh. Just thinking but Jake betrayed everybody. I wonder what made him do it... just fear of being put to death? What do y'all think?
To stay together, planning, doing, covering up, lying about it... maybe he just got tired of keeping up with all the lies. shoot at least 5 people... but scared to die. Isn't that something. Unreal.

one thing I noticed in AW interrogation was when they were discussing the casings, and she asked them do you have the gun (not verbatim) or some similar statement, to me it sounded like she thought they had found the gun and she was mightily relieved I imagine when they said they hadn't,

she like BW would talk about every topic but the murders, once they started to try to pin her down on what she recalled from that day and how she found out she tried to divert the agents to another topic,

if only they had been able to bug the car so that it recorded good audio as they continued to drive home, the conversation in that car as they all blamed each other for different things, leaving the casings behind JW probably got an earful for that, AW probably got told off for keeping the Walmart receipt and the custody documents, the blame game would have been very long, or they could have said nothing about the interviews or murders which would have been equally suspicious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro