OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A narcissist will suck up all the energy they can from anyone around them; until there's no more use for them.

The family sucked in her brother/girlfriend even. The range was far and wide.
You are so correct. I am not surprised, but yet find it amazing that even after they were arrested, Angela was able to spin her lies from Jail before Jake confessed. That is why listening to her interview at the canadian border was so interesting to me. That long pause during that interview was when her Narcistic mind went into overdrvive. Even when confronted with evidence the Narcissist will still try to spin another lie.

It's possible. We've been inundated with so much new data on this case in the last few weeks, but I'm pretty sure it took a while for them to look at the FB pages. I do recall they locked the victims pages right away.

JMO only, but I think there was a difference of opinion between BCI and Sheriff Reader about whether locals/Wagners were involved.

It's really a shame she had to give up the money she saved for her house in order to pay lawyers to help her out of the mess The Wagners (Angela) got her into. Now she and her mother live with her son, his partner and their children. There should really be some alternative for people to have affordable housing on their own in these situations. JMO
Another married at 16, baby at 17. Did she ever work? Social Security Benefits? I'm sure she is eligible for Section 8 housing, food stamps, and all the other benefits we offer the poor. Did she have a mortgage on her house - if not, where are the proceeds from the sale of that house? Might not find housing in an area she wants to live, but she did make her own bed by making poor choices.

ETA: I just reread the tweets from her testimony. She owned 50 acres of land where she planned on building a house. Where was that money going to come from?

Another married at 16, baby at 17. Did she ever work? Social Security Benefits? I'm sure she is eligible for Section 8 housing, food stamps, and all the other benefits we offer the poor. Did she have a mortgage on her house - if not, where are the proceeds from the sale of that house? Might not find housing in an area she wants to live, but she did make her own bed by making poor choices.

ETA: I just reread the tweets from her testimony. She owned 50 acres of land where she planned on building a house. Where was that money going to come from?
Yes, as I recall from her trial for the problem with custody documents. She was a notary public. She worked at some job I don't recall until retirement.

JMO, after a quick check of the area, I don't think there are many Section 8 apartments available. Eligibility for that is pretty steep in Ohio. You have to be extremely poor, usually disabled are a priority. The waiting lists can be quite long. I'm fairly certain that, in Ohio, you have to divest yourself of other assets before being approved. That means you can't have any money in savings, if you own family property you must sell it, etc. Lots of loopholes.

George's grandmother, Rita, is Angela's mother. She told the jury she'd never been in trouble before until Angela caught her caught in the Rhoden Massacre case.

She said knew Hanna May Rhoden and her grandson, Jake, were in discussions over their daughter's custody agreement. When the Rhoden family turned up murdered, she told jurors, "[The] kids told me they didn't do it whenever I asked them, and they're my kids. I believed them."

She said Angela asked her to lie and tell agents that she did in fact notarize the fraudulent living will that said in the event of Hanna's death, Jake gets the baby. She cried, "I was just trying to protect her until I found out what was going on, and God told me different."

Rita was sobbing when she described connecting the dots. "I always told my kids I'd do anything for them." But she said she's a Christian woman, and "I can't lose my soul over that." So she told agents the truth.

She spent eight days in jail for lying. To pay her attorne fees, she said she had to sell her farm and lost all the money she put into building her dream home there. Now, she lives with her mother.

She explained to jurors that Angela's father was abusive to both of them. She said Angela went to the Air Force in an effort to get away, but someone assaulted her there. So, she came home. That's when she said Angela married Billy Wagner.

Rita told jurors she knew Billy was trouble and advised her daughter not to marry him.

She thinks they may have stolen then sold her beloved horse?!?

L
I will be absolutely beside myself if they do. I have been at this since day 1, this case is actually how I found websleuths. I have been watching the paint dry faster than AC can ummm question the witness so if they don’t do audio/video I may have an out of body experience
Law and Crime today confirmed that Angela has opted out. She is expected to testify end of next week.

So I was searching back in the threads to see if it was ever mentioned exactly where the cistern was and all I got was inside the barn. If it was inside the barn they showed photos of today, I am thinking the changes to the barn in May/June that was document with adding stalls could be the Wagner's covering that cistern and make it harder to discover the evidence they tossed in it. I think this was the significance of the photos of the barn being shown. I wonder if the BCI agent who recovered the silence will explain that. They didn't go over that yet right? They needed a dive team to come out? Maybe this was done and shown already and I missed it. This is the only thing I can think of for why they are showing the photos of the stalls being added to the barn.

The way Deering has run this trial has I feel been very disrespectful to this jury. Or is it common in this county's court system to have such a poor work ethic? (Other than courtroom maintenance which has been demonstrated over the past year to be very poor.) There is no reason for this court to be released so early each and every day. When I was on a jury there were multiple days that we went past six pm. Only once were we dismissed early so something could be litigated between the attorneys and that was at 4.

I'd like to know the demographics of this jury. All we know is gender. How about employment? Any professionals on this jury? I could see a low skilled person not been concerned about the length of time being absent from work, but an accountant with a practice would be very concerned. Below is a summary for a recent trial.

There are seven men and five women in the 12-member panel.

They include a university claims adjuster, a retail stocking supervisor, a probation officer, a human resources worker, a former music industry worker now employed at a family-run business and a former French military officer who currently works in the financial sector.

“It was the draft over there, so it is not like it is a career -- it was mandatory service,” that juror said in court.

Another juror is an immigration officer who served in the U.S. military.

“In 2016, (I) got out, took a year off doing hippie stuff, and then in 2018, joined the federal government,” the juror said.

There’s also the medical device compliance investigator who likes romance movies and explained why she has great respect for police:

“My dad was a police chief,” she said.

During jury selection, the defense asked for their views about young people playing violent first-person shooter video games.

Here’s what a juror in this case – a computer technician with three small children -- had to say:

“I don’t see a difference between watching a military movie or playing that game, other than the fact you are controlling it.”

An IT analyst whose mom is a licensed mental health counselor offered another take on the same question.

“I don’t personally have kids, so don’t have that say, but it depends on the kid -- how mature they are, if they can tell the difference between a game and reality.”

There is also a legal assistant who said they have gotten some mental health counseling themselves.

And a Broward library worker told the court they have had a positive experience with mental health services.
From
You should have watched the McStay trial. It was a good day if it was four hours, between the Judge's dentist appointments and what not. Then there was a juror who the court stopped for a week so they could take a vacation with their family. I would gather court was 3 days a week. Then one of the defense attorneys got really sick and court was cancelled for a week, but wait!!! He was caught out drinking, dancing, and partying. Then the verdict came in on Thursday or Friday, before a 3 day weekend. IIRC, the judge opted to wait to have it read on Tuesday.
The Kristen Smart trial is in deliberations and shut down this entire week who knows why!

Imo, this trial is going great!

I like her, and I am rooting for her every step of the way. You can't be in law without having a strong backbone and she has been in it for over 30 years. That speaks volumes. I am a fan! We're human, and I know that bullies are very difficult to deal with and even harder to ignore.
If I were representing a guy who conspired to murder 8 people. I wouldn't want to come across as a bully. Just sayin'.

Jmo the fb block and not block evidence complete waste of time. I currently have close family members blocked cause they get on my nerves with fb sometimes but talk to them every week. The tattoos we seen how well that worked in the Casey A trial. When the state tries to make everything and anything evidence then in my opinion weakens a case. Jmo
I'm quite certain none of the people you have blocked have sent messages to other saying that you'd have to kill them to get them to do what you want them to do.

I teach at a university. My experience is that people can't pay close attention for much longer than 2 hours at a time. It's mentally and physically fatiguing, and it's important that jurors be alert. It might help if there weren't so many objections but I would guess that the jurors are maxed out around 5 hours per day.

Jmo the fb block and not block evidence complete waste of time. I currently have close family members blocked cause they get on my nerves with fb sometimes but talk to them every week. The tattoos we seen how well that worked in the Casey A trial. When the state tries to make everything and anything evidence then in my opinion weakens a case. Jmo
I paid no mind to that either. If you're not a regular FB user, then it might have born more weight. It's social media. Like blocking phone numbers in the 90s. The tatts, not too much weight there either. Those type tatts are not uncommon. It's odd timing for sure, but not totally provable as to why they got them, unless the wearers tell us why.

Can you please help me as to who you are referring to. Who is 'she'.
Thanks

So I was searching back in the threads to see if it was ever mentioned exactly where the cistern was and all I got was inside the barn. If it was inside the barn they showed photos of today, I am thinking the changes to the barn in May/June that was document with adding stalls could be the Wagner's covering that cistern and make it harder to discover the evidence they tossed in it. I think this was the significance of the photos of the barn being shown. I wonder if the BCI agent who recovered the silence will explain that. They didn't go over that yet right? They needed a dive team to come out? Maybe this was done and shown already and I missed it. This is the only thing I can think of for why they are showing the photos of the stalls being added to the barn.
Prior to the stalls being added, the murder truck setup was hidden in this barn.
After the stalls were added, I don't think there would be room to park, and work on the truck, build false bed liner, etc.

Who stole who's horse?
I just read about this catching up on today's testimony due to missing it.

Snip-(at the end of the article)

Rita reluctantly conceded that she suspects her daughter and grandsons may have stolen her beloved long-time horse and sold it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteCamo