OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be painful if this is how the rest of the trial is going to go. Finally, we hear George and now nothing but objections.
Judge needs to work this out so the jury can hear the evidence without a zillion interruptions by defense. JMO, this goes beyond trying to get some grounds for appeal. It's preventing the jury from hearing evidence that has been approved by law and by the court.

Judge needs to work this out so the jury can hear the evidence without a zillion interruptions by defense. JMO, this goes beyond trying to get some grounds for appeal. It's preventing the jury from hearing evidence that has been approved by law and by the court.
the presentation has been approved by nobody, neither has the transcript, what I hear may be very different from what somebody else hears when the recording is this poor, the judge knows that cherry picking snippets of conversation without allowing the jury to hear the whole conversation is problematic, the context is as important as the conversation the state wants the jury to focus on,

Edited to add: nevermind they were referencing Tabatha. They thought Tabatha was at the border and alone with the kids.
I am confused on how a judge ruled a BCI agent couldn't be alone with the kids at this point? It was May 2017 and this was the first time George was interviewed right? When else would anyone have talked to the kids? As far as we know they talked to Jake initially and Billy, then the one chat with Billy in the grocery store parking lot. We know BCI came out the their farm in early May 2017 when they told them they sold the house and were going to Alaska. Then that's when George texted Billy about "got company".. so then next thing would have been this stop at the border (well they did the search warrants on Peterson Rd., but the W's were gone by then). When would have judge have ruled on a BCI agent being alone with the kids?

Last edited:
all of my headphones I've tried did the exact same thing. Then the left stops working at a point. Figure it must be my computer settings which I've yet to figure out how to fix.
The agent testifying said they would isolate the left or right sometimes to cancel the stereo and make it mono, to hear certain snippets of dialogue. Maybe that is just translating to your headphones? Would broadcasting do that?

Last edited:
seems to be lots of legal issues with how the state wants to present the wiretap information
Maybe not problems with the state, but the defense not wanting the jury to hear what the Wagners are saying, threatening, etc.

Interesting how the Wagners are so quick to jump to "I'll tell the judge and get (fill in the blank) in trouble. Going to court always worked well for them in the past.

the presentation has been approved by nobody, neither has the transcript, what I hear may be very different from what somebody else hears when the recording is this poor, the judge knows that cherry picking snippets of conversation without allowing the jury to hear the whole conversation is problematic, the context is as important as the conversation the state wants the jury to focus on,
Prosecutors have always cherry picked taped conversations for the courtroom. The huge amount of audio would be too overwhelming. The Mob trials have always snipped portions to play in court from wiretaps to clarify for the jury parts of conversations taped. AJMO

Prosecutors have always cherry picked taped conversations for the courtroom. The huge amount of audio would be too overwhelming. The Mob trials have always snipped portions to play in court from wiretaps to clarify for the jury parts of conversations taped. AJMO
the Judge seems to be sustaining the objections more today, and calling the attorneys to the bench for sidebars over the issue of the state wanting to summarize conversations or play selected snippets, the Judge seems to be aware that the jury need to know the context of the conversation is important not just a few selected words picked out,

the transcript is also at issue as we all hear things differently and much of this audio is indecipherable, so who does get to decide what words are said on it

Defense insisted the state spend several months and a lot of money to have these recordings transcribed.

Defense wanted them transcribed. They then sat on those transcriptions for a year and made no objections in pre-trial. I think at one point, they admitted they hadn't even read them.

Defense is free to cherry-pick their own parts of the recordings/transcriptions

Sounds like defense is upset about the summary/descriptors, but the summary/descriptors literally come from what someone said. Like Angela saying she didn't want to talk about what BCI asked her mom on the phone. How is that summary then not a good summary of the call.

Aghh they thought Tabatha was at the border??

the Judge seems to be sustaining the objections more today, and calling the attorneys to the bench for sidebars over the issue of the state wanting to summarize conversations or play selected snippets, the Judge seems to be aware that the jury need to know the context of the conversation is important not just a few selected words picked out,

the transcript is also at issue as we all hear things differently and much of this audio is indecipherable, so who does get to decide what words are said on it
It seems AC is talking about the "descriptors" included in the transcripts being removed because of defense objections?

Defense insisted the state spend several months and a lot of money to have these recordings transcribed.

Defense wanted them transcribed. They then sat on those transcriptions for a year and made no objections in pre-trial. I think at one point, they admitted they hadn't even read them.

Defense is free to cherry-pick their own parts of the recordings/transcriptions
I agree, that's unacceptable and if it was done on purpose to now upset the trial :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly