OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
James’ tweets for the day of Nov 3, 2022 thus far:

https://twitter.com/jamespilcher

Highlights from the end of defense cross examination of Angela Wagner, mother of defendant George Wagner IV in the Pike County massacre case

Defense lawyer Richard Nash repeatedly got Angela to admit she dragged her mother into a murder plot with the forgery of custody documents. She was willing to do that but not willing to have to make Jake testify against her.

"I did not want to make him go through what I'm going through" she said.

As for her mother Angela says "You are absolutely correct. I was trying to protect my family.”

"I have regret. I have remorse. And I am more than sorry, but that's not enough. She (her granddaughter) was a baby. She was family." That was a reference to the suspected abuse granddaughter was receiving at Rhodens

She's asked - is that what you still believe? "I never actually wanted anyone to be murdered from the very beginning." Agrees she took the deal to possibly see her grandchildren at some point.

Nash also asks if she thinks getting the equivalent of 4 years for each of the 8 victims is a good deal. "That's not how I understand it" but then Angela agrees the math is what it is.
actually I believe it equates to 3yr and 9 months per victim. DISGUSTING

JMO, they were probably all using meth back then. Maybe it caused the paranoia and anger that triggered this tragedy. It made them feel like they were very smart, had figured out a great plan and wouldn't get caught. Just guessing. JMO
We're on the same wavelength. First thought when I saw their D.L's. Drug use, w/possible exception of AW. JW looked like he was eat up with Meth sores.

We're on the same wavelength. First thought when I saw their D.L's. Drug use, w/possible exception of AW. JW looked like he was eat up with Meth sores.
And Jake was the one so worried about the men in Hannah's life doing drugs and being around Sophia.

Nevermind that Jake, George, and Billy were stealing anything and everything and possibly also doing drugs. Billy was getting pills from people. Maybe he didn't live there because HE was also a bad influence.

We also had the testimony from Jake that S admitted Beth didn't do anything to her and she was just worried Beth was going to take her daddy away. What seems normal is a 3-4 year old acting out because they are jealous of daddy's new love, but what isn't "normal" is the claim of touching her. I think she learned that because of all the talk these adults around her had about anyone and everyone doing inappropriate touching.

When we hear Frankie was suspicious because he kissed her on the lips. LOTS of toddlers do that. I remember when my own kids were little and I'd try to get a kiss on the check there were times when they seek out my lips. The mimic what they see and when everyone is kissing on the lips, I think it's very normal to mimic that. I am not sure what point it becomes weird for people, but I know families that are close that still kiss on the lips (closed mouth of course) as adults and I don't ever think eww oh wow something is off there.

It makes me more angry the more I think about it. Let's see this behavior in context. Frankie had a son the same age as Sophia (roughly) and a 6 month old. I would imagine often when Sophia was around Frankie, he also had his own kids there. They likely would all play and of course parents hug, kiss, wrestle, show affection for their own kids and little Sophia likely jumped right in. It's just awful to think Frankie showing his niece the same attention he showed his own kids would be seen as him being too affectionate and suspicious. And if I recall correctly, Billy was the one that was supposed to keep an eye out when he was around. I don't think that man has an affectionate bone in his body so what does he know about this anyway?

Sorry I went off on a rant. The more I think on this, the more I think Billy, Jake, and George were all duped by Angela. I mean we knew that, but thinking deeper about all these interactions and all the small things that might not be noticed if it were just that thing, but when combined just show a huge puzzle and Angela behind all of it putting pieces into place to get what she wanted.
I think S had said CR2. Not the adults. I think it was so ingrained in her also that she knew what to say at a very young age. It's extremely sad and i hope that appropriate counseling is being given. I'll go no further, as we've sought out legal counsel rather than murder in the past. Others don't think logically though.

https://twitter.com/ToddDykesWLWT

Short break; Angela Wagner is done testifying. Learned a bit more about what she called George's offer to confess in the fall of 2018. Today, prosecutor Angela Canepa clarified, saying George offered to say "he alone" committed the murders of 8 members of the Rhoden family.

Angela Wagner also said protection of the daughter Jake Wagner had w/ victim Hanna Rhoden, and not custody, was the motive for the

SOBERING TO HEAR more about what Angela discuss Billy Wagner's thoughts about other potential victims, aside from the four Rhoden loved he said needed to be killed. Angela Wagner: "I was told by my husband (that) whoever else was there would have to go."

Angela Wagner
Po Box 1394/ 845 Bethel Hill Rd.
Lucasville, Ohio 45648

At this address Angela's kennel burned down with the dogs in it on December 17, 2005. She claimed it was an electrical fire. I hope this wasn't a planned arson. Remember, their pastor said "they cried over dogs."

WHITEPINES KENNEL - Specializing in F1B Labradoodles, and Goldendoodles.

WILL NEVER FORGET YOU.

dog0122.gif

p://web.archive.org/web/20060221074754/http://whitepineskennel.com/

THIS WEBSITE IS NOW DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF OUR GIRLS, GUYS AND BABIES THAT WAS LOST IN THE ELECTRICAL FIRE IN OUR KENNEL AND NURSERY ON DEC.17, 2005.
YOU ARE DEARLY MISSED AND LOVED EACH DAY BY US, WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU.

Addition to my post. It was recently said at trial:

"Jake Wagner also said his mother would breed dogs and sell them as purebreds when they were not."

So she was scamming people having them pay more money, thinking they were getting a more expensive
purebred dog, when they were actually buying a "fake" dog. People were paying high purebred prices for a much less expensive breed of dog.

This could be her kennel where she did this. Seems likely because Angie is selling purebreds. She said in her description:

"Specializing in F1B Labradoodles, and Goldendoodles."

*****SPECIAL NOTE---WE BREED ONLY THE F1B'S NOW, BECAUSE THROUGH BREEDING AND RESEARCH WE HAVE FOUND THAT THEY ARE THE ONLY TRUE TYPE THAT ARE ALLERGY FREE, NO SHEDDING. OR AT LEAST NO MORE THAN 5%!!!!!!!!!*****

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/CFranciscoWCPO

After three days on the stand testifying against her son, Angela Wagner is heading back to jail.

She said the murders were not about custody. They were about protecting Sophia from child abuse. They didn't believe Hanna would do anything to prevent it. They felt if they only killed Hanna the other Rhodens would retaliate. They did not have faith in the children services.

She stuck to her story that George helped them plan it and cover it up. She said she does not know who shot who or who was there when the shootings happened.

When asked about the plea bargain she made with the state to get out of the death penalty and eligible for release after 30 years, she said "Yes. I suffer every day."

Katie Wagner is up next. She has opted out of letting us record her. She is Billy's niece. I will be inside taking notes.

Last edited:
I don't think it's been said that they bleached it before taking it to her on April 22, 2016. It was mentioned that she was out at FWF taking photos in 2018, after the W's moved back and Billy was out there and he got bleach and was detailing it then. I think this would have been after the press release about asking for any information on vehicles of the W's.

I would have been a bit suspicious with a truck arriving to my house before the sun was up and then later that day finding out 8 people were murdered and the person gifting me this truck knew all of the victims.. But, if after the BCI was asking about vehicles of that family and I was around them and I saw/knew Billy was detailing that same car.. I think that would be the point I'd question it all.

Now I am wondering if they knew? Did they suspect something? I wonder if after that incident with Billy cleaning the truck did they park it then? When was it no longer drivable? Do they have many cars sitting around like Chris Sr did? Was this vehicle hidden or out in the open? Maybe we will get to hear these details.
I do recall prosecutors showing pics of the murder truck after they found it where Jake had said it would be. And it was just sitting outside but then BCI took possession of it and I think had it taken to Adams County to a building and there was pictures of it inside this building as well. I will say JMO as I can't provide a link or the photos right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory