OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"But the other theory, a pot pickup, explains the scattered money."
(from your comment)

Maybe that's just what you are supposed to think though.
I think the pot plants at Chris Sr's house, plus Kenneth's plants, plus money on his bed while he's laying there dead might just be the killers staging the scene by tossing the money around Kenneth's body.
Well, it kinda does looks like a drug deal gone bad, doesn't it? Maybe that was the only motivation for the money and maybe that's one reason why Kenneth was killed. (To point LE in the wrong direction.) Maybe Kenneth was also killed because he would have known about the custody "war" going on, just like Leonard Manley did but nobody took LM seriously at that time.
... not with all that pot around the place. Kenneth would have been more believable than Leonard Manley though. And, if that was the plan, it worked. That is the direction the investigation took for quite some time... the pot and nobody left alive to tell them otherwise.
I tend to believe the victims grew pot. IMO, the Rs lived free of a few rules. Growing mj is a trend. Some states no longer penalize mj. Canada will be short of legal mj to put under the christmas tree.

But if we were to discover that the perps brought these pot plants on the scene to cover up their crime, I would believe it too. I am guessing these plants must be young and suppported with very little or no equipment otherwise we would have seen something coming out of the homes.

The defendants had a dispute with the victims. I imagine a few people knew about it. If the perps planned their crime thoroughly, they had to think of a way to cover it up.

I tend to believe the victims grew pot. IMO, the Rs lived free of a few rules. Growing mj is a trend. Some states no longer penalize mj. Canada will be short of legal mj to put under the christmas tree.

But if we were to discover that the perps brought these pot plants on the scene to cover up their crime, I would believe it too. I am guessing these plants must be young and suppported with very little or no equipment otherwise we would have seen something coming out of the homes.

The defendants had a dispute with the victims. I imagine a few people knew about it. If the perps planned their crime thoroughly, they had to think of a way to cover it up.

They say that the grow op was "sophisticated" and KR2 said that she knew that her father had a grow. I do believe that the ops were there, but am unsure what stage they were growing in, and, each person's definition of sophistication may be different (so, it could be anything). The Ws likely used the weed op as cover though, b/c they knew that it was there, and thought that the case would grow cold, while LE racked it up to a cartel hit, or drug deal gone bad.

They say that the grow op was "sophisticated" and KR2 said that she knew that her father had a grow. I do believe that the ops were there, but am unsure what stage they were growing in, and, each person's definition of sophistication may be different (so, it could be anything). The Ws likely used the weed op as cover though, b/c they knew that it was there, and thought that the case would grow cold, while LE racked it up to a cartel hit, or drug deal gone bad.
You could be right. Means, motive, opportunity. It would fall under "opportunity".

Time will tell.

Yeah, that’s what I think as well. And truth be told that is where a lot of people were with it, including LE. And probably why Rudy pulled his reward. Cartels

Last edited:
I found this on the WS FB page. Very interesting.

An Inside Look at the Rhoden Family Murders
http://blog.doctoroz.com/oz-experts...dZ8VKAAg5g9BghDm6RWm3-KhONqPzKwxn8TnGUCBiuoW8

Thanks! That's a pretty good analysis of the murders and crime scenes. Only one mistake, FR's home was next door to CR1's trailer, not a mile away. It would have been even more helpful a couple of years ago. ;)

I'm still disappointed with the national news media for providing so little coverage and analysis of these crimes once the investigation went quiet. The W's were unintentionally successful in fostering a great deal of victim blaming and apathy in the news media with the appearance that the deaths were drug related. Years of relentless bashing of victims, spreading of rumors of hard drug use, dealing, manufacturing, etc. by Rhodens in social media was also very damaging.

JMO, it's worth having a public conversation and some analysis about how this unfolded. I don't believe news coverage damaged the efforts of LE to resolve this case, but more coverage that was sympathetic to the victims and community could have helped.

Snoods are frequently worn by the "horsey set" at equestrian competitions. They ride English, wear English breeches, and put their hair into an English snood. Here's a website called Urban Horse Wear that sells lots of snoods to the "horsey set".
Hair Snoods & Bows
G-GRANNY thank you for the resource...so the "snood" is something worn by the equestrian set and NOT a reflection of a religious custom or requirement. (POINT MADE...just in case anyone was wondering why I had keen interest on the "snood" issue.)
Hair Accessories – Equine Rider Accessories
And, "crosses" that are all sparkly and encrusted with giant rhinestone crystals that adorn the necks of many these days, are absolutely no indication a person "lives close to the cross."
'I'm not religious,'' Ms. Weatherford said, ''but I am attracted to crosses; maybe it's just their design.''
In recent months crosses and other religious icons have been embraced not just by churchgoing Christians but by rap stars, rockers and athletes, models and Hollywood moguls, regardless of their faith.
NOTICED; Religious, Rebellious or Chic, Crosses Are Forever

Last edited:
It’s been so long it’s difficult, is it not, to recall details?
I cannot remember about KRs gun.
I just so wish this was going to trial soon. Or that one of the four “rolls over”. We can assume LE is telling each one individually that another is “talking”. So, maybe, just maybe Jake will roll over. He seems to need his mom to assist in his decisions. Now, for the first time in his life, he’s totally on his own.

It’s been so long it’s difficult, is it not, to recall details?
I cannot remember about KRs gun.
I just so wish this was going to trial soon. Or that one of the four “rolls over”. We can assume LE is telling each one individually that another is “talking”. So, maybe, just maybe Jake will roll over. He seems to need his mom to assist in his decisions. Now, for the first time in his life, he’s totally on his own.
TRUDIE You bring up the great topic of "family dynamics"...and I have a feeling those dynamics will be debated for many months to come. BGWIII's attorney has already set the stage for his client's limited involvement ie 7th grade education. (Yet ironically, this man with a 7th grade education understood a 22 page indictment, go figure? Well, at least that is what he affirmed to the judge, huh.) Do you think it is just as likely BigGIII decides to "take the fall/cuts a deal" in order to save the rest of his family the death penalty? Somehow, no matter how I try...it is impossible to say "he/she is LESS guilty or LESS complicit" than the others. Reading here, and information from the autopsy reports..... none is worth saving, IMO.
besides, who would trust any of them when they threatened public officials and even their own family members....geez...scary, mean people.

Last edited:
Thanks! That's a pretty good analysis of the murders and crime scenes. Only one mistake, FR's home was next door to CR1's trailer, not a mile away. It would have been even more helpful a couple of years ago. ;)

I'm still disappointed with the national news media for providing so little coverage and analysis of these crimes once the investigation went quiet. The W's were unintentionally successful in fostering a great deal of victim blaming and apathy in the news media with the appearance that the deaths were drug related. Years of relentless bashing of victims, spreading of rumors of hard drug use, dealing, manufacturing, etc. by Rhodens in social media was also very damaging.

JMO, it's worth having a public conversation and some analysis about how this unfolded. I don't believe news coverage damaged the efforts of LE to resolve this case, but more coverage that was sympathetic to the victims and community could have helped.
The article also had Hannah Gilley and chris JR as the parents of RR. I'm not sure Hanna May wasn't spelled Mae. Phones acting up or I would check. Probably more.

I like that theory! Yikes, just thought of this.....OR "borrowed" one of the work vehicles from the farm and Granny lied about loaning them a vehicle? (I have no inside scoop, only questions and possible scenarios.)
What if they had a smaller vehicle and drove it to granny farm took the backhoe and buried it and all the other things that where involved with the crime!

TRUDIE You bring up the great topic of "family dynamics"...and I have a feeling those dynamics will be debated for many months to come. BGWIII's attorney has already set the stage for his client's limited involvement ie 7th grade education. (Yet ironically, this man with a 7th grade education understood a 22 page indictment, go figure? Well, at least that is what he affirmed to the judge, huh.) Do you think it is just as likely BigGIII decides to "take the fall/cuts a deal" in order to save the rest of his family the death penalty? Somehow, no matter how I try...it is impossible to say "he/she is LESS guilty or LESS complicit" than the others. Reading here, and information from the autopsy reports..... none is worth saving, IMO.

I think it’s very possible Big Daddy might attempt to take the blame, in order to free his family. He’s dumb but he’s street smart. He knows his boys won’t make it in prison.

I say “attempt” because I don’t think it will fly. Hypothetically, if he fesses to murdering all 8 victims, then they have him, no trial needed (for him) once he signs on the dotted line. But, there’s evidently proof all 4 participated. We just aren’t privy to that evidence.

We know LE is playing games with each of the 4, making them believe one or more is talking.

I’m sure all four are perplexed that F hasn’t pulled her weight & freed them. Because they think money affords them what they want, when they want it.

The most delicious aspect of all of this is the 4 are housed miles apart. So any “getting stories straight” ain’t happening.

MOO, I don’t think FW had input in to the murders. Only after, again, IMO, did she learn bits and pieces. She’s led a pretty remarkable life and is quite well respected. Bobby & Robin have led normal lives, as well.

I agree about the things that were said about the Rhodens and Manleys, from obvious hatred to concern trolling about them all over SM and news comment sections. Some of the things were so nasty and specific that I'm confident the Wagners were a big part of it. You make a great point about having a public conversation and analysis about this all. I hope every little plan, known comment, and online activities by every Wagner and Newcombe come to light.

I don't believe most people really would blame the victims, but enough slander got out that it probably did affect how the public in general thought about them, even unconsciously.

On the other hand, while I'm sure Reader and others were furious about the Wagners' actions and behavior, including after the murders, it's possible that they've hanged themselves with their own hateful behavior.

I agree about the things that were said about the Rhodens and Manleys, from obvious hatred to concern trolling about them all over SM and news comment sections. Some of the things were so nasty and specific that I'm confident the Wagners were a big part of it. You make a great point about having a public conversation and analysis about this all. I hope every little plan, known comment, and online activities by every Wagner and Newcombe come to light.

I don't believe most people really would blame the victims, but enough slander got out that it probably did affect how the public in general thought about them, even unconsciously.

On the other hand, while I'm sure Reader and others were furious about the Wagners' actions and behavior, including after the murders, it's possible that they've hanged themselves with their own hateful behavior.

The lifestyles of all involved caused a lot of maliciousness.
They live/d differently than many onlookers, making it difficult to relate, IMO. But no excuse for such evil.
I think custody was a small part of it. I think the hatred/jealousy simmered for years. Finally coming to a rapid boil.
If Daddy W hatched the plan with his offspring, I doubt A could have done one thing to stifle him. So go with the flow.
As I stated earlier, I think they got away with nothing. They were tailed from day 2. Only thing is, they were looking in their rear view for a local cop car. Never expecting a swat team of fbi with multiple vehicles had rolled into town. They’re not smart enough to think the red Taurus behind me is FBI. Oh, the red Taurus exited, now the black Buick took its place. And the cartel suggestion musta made them think they were Einstein’s!

On the other hand, while I'm sure Reader and others were furious about

Self delete

Last edited:
What if they had a smaller vehicle and drove it to granny farm took the backhoe and buried it and all the other things that where involved with the crime!
Oh JohnnyBBad, you are pulling my leg, huh?:D The W's were too big to fit in any "smaller vehicle.":D But, you bring up something they shouldn't have done, "bury" anything. JOHNNYB,
if you were disposing of firearms, brass catchers, silencers, flash suppressors, shoes with "no wear patterns".... How would you do it? (metal detectors/recent dig sites would be big red signs.) Oh yeah, and how would one disguise the tread pattern on a vehicle, anyways?? I am thinking, Use someone else's vehicle??? If I was inclined to commit a crime..."Hey JohnnyB, can I borrow your car for a few hours?" (Ps, that is why I came to the conclusion on the vehicles, at least one, was borrowed....unless they were only driven on surface roads, and never left a pattern in the dirt.) THIS IS REALLY WHY JW went there that night, so the TREAD PATTERN of the vehicle would already be there and he would have an excuse. IMO...right up to the front door So, I am thinking about vehicle #2 being a borrowed vehicle.
That's all I got, IQ.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members