OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never saw a metal detector, if I had the hole already dug I could bury a full size truck at 6ft deep in 20 minutes!
JOHHNYBB, Considering W's had a couple of hours to dispose of the weapons, your theory makes perfect sense. LE has not given any indication the weapons were handed off to
an unnamed/unidentified accomplice (yet) to dispose of the weapons. (As in other cases.)
Okay, you have convinced me... all the items could have been buried in a pre-dug pit, (surely not on their own property?) Frankly, I never thought of burying a vehicle. Wouldn't newly excavated earth be a "dead give away" for LE? Any other "natural geologic possibilities" like caves, tar pits or lakes? No doubt discussed on earlier threads.

Last edited:
I never saw a metal detector, if I had the hole already dug I could bury a full size truck at 6ft deep in 20 minutes!

With a pre-dug hole (which is what I would do but not on my property) you could at least bury any outer, protective clothing and the weapons and other equipment used. Burying a vehicle would attract too much attention by making too much noise and commotion, imo. LE didn't come to question the W's with search warrants for any vehicles, their home or outbuildings. They had plenty of time to shower, throw in a laundry (mixed with everyone's "normal clothing" like S's clothes), etc... and even eat a big breakfast. Then clean any obvious blood in the vehicle and do a more thorough job later. If Kenneth was killed by a separate "group" after CSR and Gary while others waited at CSR's house... and Dana and kids probably were killed at approximately 4:30 am if the multiple shots a neighbor heard was when they died... sunrise is about 6:36 am on April 22 in Ohio... that's plenty of time to get home before daybreak.
Do you know where the W's were when LE came to see them just hours after the murders? I haven't read about that in any MSM. Do you have a link?

Agreed, I "suck" when it comes to ideas of disposing weapons. (Never had to do that in real life.)
But did notice one interesting thing from Rita N's arraignment at 20:39 minutes of the video. When her atty "G" (because I don't know the correct spelling Gilbart?, Gilberth? Gerlach?) stated: "The first three (3) counts of the indictment appear to be about the same thing, same document." Look at the reaction from prosecutor Angie C...
(the only time I saw an instant physical reaction) and she starts shaking her head, "NOPE, NO WAY... " Anyone have an idea on how many forged documents might be in question? oops forgot link to arraingment of RitaN.

Last edited:
JOHHNYBB, Considering W's had a couple of hours to dispose of the weapons, your theory makes perfect sense. LE has not given any indication the weapons were handed off to
an unnamed/unidentified accomplice (yet) to dispose of the weapons. (As in other cases.)
Okay, you have convinced me... all the items could have been buried in a pre-dug pit, (surely not on their own property?) Frankly, I never thought of burying a vehicle. Wouldn't newly excavated earth be a "dead give away" for LE? Any other "natural geologic possibilities" like caves, tar pits or lakes?

I was thinking freshly excavated turf would be easily detected in a fly over.

Were the Wags questioned within two hours of the crime being discovered? TIA. I can’t remember every detail.

So grateful for arrests, though. I know a lot of people thought the day would never come. Only because they didn’t know the evidence.

Last edited:
With a pre-dug hole (which is what I would do but not on my property) you could at least bury any outer, protective clothing and the weapons and other equipment used. Burying a vehicle would attract too much attention by making too much noise and commotion, imo. LE didn't come to question the W's with search warrants for any vehicles, their home or outbuildings. They had plenty of time to shower, throw in a laundry (mixed with everyone's "normal clothing" like S's clothes), etc... and even eat a big breakfast. Then clean any obvious blood in the vehicle and do a more thorough job later. If Kenneth was killed by a separate "group" after CSR and Gary while others waited at CSR's house... and Dana and kids probably were killed at approximately 4:30 am if the multiple shots a neighbor heard was when they died... sunrise is about 6:36 am on April 22 in Ohio... that's plenty of time to get home before daybreak.
Do you know where the W's were when LE came to see them just hours after the murders? I haven't read about that in any MSM. Do you have a link?

Delete

Either I have tech issues or WS has major trouble, smh

I have been looking for the answer to your last question, no luck. I’d like to know exactly where & what time the first encounter was as well as how many were home. Also, what, at the onset, led them to the Wags? Perhaps an astute fam member of the Rs?

I have been looking for the answer to your last question, no luck. I’d like to know exactly where & what time the first encounter was as well as how many were home. Also, what, at the onset, led them to the Wags? Perhaps an astute fam member of the Rs?

Ohio | Death Penalty Information Center

I don't think it ever occured to me that both male, as well as female executions are carried out at Lucasville. I have lived close-by all of my life. I suppose that it could be due to the rarity (or lack thereof) in female executions here.
Even weirder is the male death row inmates are held at Chillicothe, right? Ohio has a lot of men on DR. If allegations against Wags hold, there may be three more.

Last edited:
IQ, do you recall why LE went to the Wags day one? TIA
Good question TRUDIE, but I had to stop following this case and only came back at the moment the arrests were announced. (Many of you know I lost everything in the Ventura Thomas fire of Dec. 2017 and shortly after, another 20+ lives lost in the landslides after the rain. My personal loss was nothing, absolutely nothing compared to the intentional taking of lives by perverted intentional violence.) There are so many other knowledgeable "day one" citizen sleuths who can answer that question better than me. My heart and kin has always been with the rural and peaceful memories I had of Ohio. (I originally was seduced with the idea of "drug revenge" as the impetus... perhaps others were too? Anyway, I feel like a total schmuck for believing some of the first reports.) Maybe they will post the answer tomorrow. IQuestion, just so much tragedy.

Last edited:
Good question TRUDIE, but I had to stop following this case and only came back at the moment the arrests were announced. (Many of you know I lost everything in the Ventura Thomas fire of Dec. 2017 and shortly after, another 20+ lives lost in the landslides after the rain. My personal loss was nothing, absolutely nothing compared to the intentional taking of lives by perverted intentional violence.) There are so many other knowledgeable "day one" citizen sleuths who can answer that question better than me. My heart and kin has always been with the rural and peaceful memories I had of Ohio. Maybe they will post the answer tomorrow. IQuestion

So sorry for your loss!! I have a good friend that suffered the same fate.
I quit actively following as there really was no info for many months. I only checked daily by googling for updates.
This is just too horrific for a sane person to imagine.
In some ways, I even consider the Wag boys victims. Victims of parents that had no business raising children.
It’s beyond comprehension to think the Wags would kill so many over a custody dispute.
Thankfully the little girl won’t grow up in that household/family.
I do believe many went with the drug theory. I never felt like LE did, but they knew a lot we still don’t know.

Last edited:
Okay, you have convinced me... all the items could have been buried in a pre-dug pit, (surely not on their own property?) Frankly, I never thought of burying a vehicle. Wouldn't newly excavated earth be a "dead give away" for LE? Any other "natural geologic possibilities" like caves, tar pits or lakes? No doubt discussed on earlier threads.
If put more thought into it they could have just parked the piece of equipment right on top of what was buried until the heat has down down or until dark so it could be removed.

I do remember reading that possibly the trials would be moved to four counties. Perhaps they will be separate.

This is truly a case that will never end. If they get the DP, it will be appeal after appeal. Only the deaths of the four will close the files.

I just wonder if the Wagners showed back up to the crime scene, acting like they never know what had happened, they could have been great actors for Hollywood!

I do remember reading that possibly the trials would be moved to four counties. Perhaps they will be separate.

This is truly a case that will never end. If they get the DP, it will be appeal after appeal. Only the deaths of the four will close the files.
Pray that their sentencing if convicted goes like the Oklahoma bomber, his death sentence was around a month after conviction!

If put more thought into it they could have just parked the piece of equipment right on top of what was buried until the heat has down down or until dark so it could be removed.

Are you thinking they buried items on Flying W Farm? It’s so massive, they would certainly know of areas that are most secluded. It’d be impossible to search every inch of that place.

Investigators traveled to ten states during the investigation. Any idea where all they went?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand