OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think just placing the gun under her chin would do. I had a gun pointed at my head once from about 8 feet away in a small kitchen. (Ain't love grand?) Anyway, in my case, you could have heard a pin drop. I didn't even inhale until it was over, never mind speak. But, I suppose that an individual thing so we'll probably never know for sure exactly how Dana died. Unless someone talks.
I have a feeling she was trying to save her children by trying to get them to run. Jmo

I have some disturbing thoughts about this that I will share. DR was probably awake for the killings at her house. One of the killers may have held their weapon under her chin and made her listen to her children being murdered. She was then shot, and fell onto her left side after which one of the killers shot her 4 times on the right side of her face to basically obliterate her face. It was very personal with her killing.
I completely agree she was awaken. The gun was placed under her chin to listen to what the killers had to say or to watch them go after the others, but I think she was shot when tried to save them. I take her as like most mothers to try to the end to save her children. Jmo

When I lived over in West Virginia in 60s and early 70s everyone had a still. Like I've said before weed is the new moonshine in rural Appalachia. Still to grow decent weed you have to have grow lights ( it would stifling hot in them trailers) and a recipe (grow plan.) People don't like bunk weed these days. Ironically, all the kids in the holler knew where every still was in a 10 radius.

Yeah, and it is more labor intensive, than folks would think, too. Too much weed being sold that is high quality, nowadays, for folks to want to mess with shi**y weed. I've thought the Rs may have been growing hydroponically. Smaller footprint. I remember a friend of mine telling me about, back when she was young, if they were in the woods, (of course this was outside grows), and heard copters, they had predetermined places to run to, and if they got there, it was a "safe" spot. National forest trails. They were just enjoying the sites for the day.

I have some disturbing thoughts about this that I will share. DR was probably awake for the killings at her house. One of the killers may have held their weapon under her chin and made her listen to her children being murdered. She was then shot, and fell onto her left side after which one of the killers shot her 4 times on the right side of her face to basically obliterate her face. It was very personal with her killing.

I agree. Many threads ago I said the same thing. Because, even though rsd and I tried to find it back then and couldn't, I am still sure that JM said he saw Dana's legs from outside her bedroom and maybe I'm wrong but it was said in such a way that I got the impression she was on the floor. News story redacted? I don't know.

I don't doubt this line of thought.

One thing I have observed BOTH families operated in gray zones of law.
A teenager hiding from people who broke into his home.....he was a minor/ a young teenager....I DOUBT he operated in any "gray zones." I know we all group the W's4 and I have grouped the
R's and Gilley's when talking about victims of this massacre....but I don't think we should include a minor as someone who operated in a gray zone. I am sure that was not your intent...and I just wanted to clarify that point for individuals who might be reading for the first time. Thank you.

Last edited:
Random thoughts:

I have read several times on here that some of the Wagners had been convicted of felonies. I don't believe that to be true though as there were no charges brought forth for being a felon in possession of a firearm. Perhaps they were charged with a felony offense at one time but were convicted of a misdemeanor, but that does not make them a felon unless they were actually adjudicated guilty of a felon.

Pot Farm. A farm to me would consist of an outdoor grow, but these were indoor grows as far as I read. And on more than one occasion the powers to be stated COMMERCIAL GROW operation. I see no reason for LE to lie about that fact.

As far as blaming the victims, I don't think being honest about the victims is wrong. The fact that they had so many violent incidents with other people throughout their community, a verifiable conviction for domestic violence, more than one protection order, and even a school suspension or expulsion for the one minor, are facts that are not to be ignored. You can not make saints out of them just because they were murdered. It is not blaming them but perhaps giving a true picture of the victims. I am assuming even more will come out about this family if and when this comes to trial.

I've also read about some of the earlier media coverage where people were not happy with how the community was described. Like it or not, for the vast amount of people that have never been to the Appalachia region, it did give an honest view of what they saw. What is considered an excessive amount of cigarette smokers, illegal drug usage, obesity, teenage mothers , lack of education, poverty .... all can be confirmed by looking at various census and other reports. It does not print a pretty picture, but does not make it untrue. Why paint the community for what it is not? That is not responsible journalism. It helps describe the area and its inhabitants. The beautiful scenes of rolling hills, large pastures, were described as well, as should have been. Likewise, the properties that were full of trash and junk could not be ignored just because it would be considered victim bashing by some. It is what it is.

Random thoughts:

I have read several times on here that some of the Wagners had been convicted of felonies. I don't believe that to be true though as there were no charges brought forth for being a felon in possession of a firearm. Perhaps they were charged with a felony offense at one time but were convicted of a misdemeanor, but that does not make them a felon unless they were actually adjudicated guilty of a felon.

Pot Farm. A farm to me would consist of an outdoor grow, but these were indoor grows as far as I read. And on more than one occasion the powers to be stated COMMERCIAL GROW operation. I see no reason for LE to lie about that fact.

As far as blaming the victims, I don't think being honest about the victims is wrong. The fact that they had so many violent incidents with other people throughout their community, a verifiable conviction for domestic violence, more than one protection order, and even a school suspension or expulsion for the one minor, are facts that are not to be ignored. You can not make saints out of them just because they were murdered. It is not blaming them but perhaps giving a true picture of the victims. I am assuming even more will come out about this family if and when this comes to trial.

I've also read about some of the earlier media coverage where people were not happy with how the community was described. Like it or not, for the vast amount of people that have never been to the Appalachia region, it did give an honest view of what they saw. What is considered an excessive amount of cigarette smokers, illegal drug usage, obesity, teenage mothers , lack of education, poverty .... all can be confirmed by looking at various census and other reports. It does not print a pretty picture, but does not make it untrue. Why paint the community for what it is not? That is not responsible journalism. It helps describe the area and its inhabitants. The beautiful scenes of rolling hills, large pastures, were described as well, as should have been. Likewise, the properties that were full of trash and junk could not be ignored just because it would be considered victim bashing by some. It is what it is.
You are completely right on ever point Jmo

If in fact there were pieces of silencer (fluff) in the wounds of the victims and the materials were bought at Walmart by the Wagners and they were able to match those purchases forensically to the pieces in the victims that would be an air tight case IMO.

Yes, I don't have a comment about the lead batch article, but being able to match materials is pretty standard for forensic science through microscopic analysis and mass spectrometry for starters but even down to identifying the origin of the dust particles within the fluff, which given the presence of animals and the rural landscape around them will make it pretty straightforward to identify matches between the two (in addition, of course, to any blood or hair fibers found between the two, etc).

A teenager hiding from people who broke into his home.....he was a minor/ a young teenager....I DOUBT he operated in any "gray zones." I know we all group the W's4 and I have grouped the
R's and Gilley's when talking about victims of this massacre....but I don't think we should include a minor as someone who operated in a gray zone. I am sure that was not your intent...and I just wanted to clarify that point for individuals who might be reading for the first time. Thank you.

Chris Jr. went to BBL looking for legitimate work just days before he was murdered. He wanted to get his car ready for the derby and needed a part as I recall. I found that just one more sad thing to throw on the pile of overwhelming sadness... he had no idea he shouldn't spend his time worrying about getting that car ready.

The pets thing is all of the dogs at the various properties. IIRC, CR1 had 2 or 3, DR had 2 or 3, and KR had 1. Either the dogs were lousy watchdogs, or the dogs and the killers knew each other very well, or who knows - maybe something like that Blake Shelton song Ol’ Red;)

the Ws had a lot of opportunity to be familiar with handling dogs what with the grandparents’ breeding business.

Random thoughts:

Your point is fair about being felon. I retract that. The father faced felonies and charges were dropped.

Pike County: Father accused in Rhoden massacre faced prior felonies

Random thoughts:

I don't know if the Wagners have felony convictions. As for the Rhoden family, there are many, many threads discussing every single negative issue you bring up about them, plus more that you missed, too. That we are no longer discussing all the negative aspects of the Rhoden's lives or the area where they lived doesn't mean those issues are forgotten.
It just seems that, at the present time, those issues bear no weight on the recent developments in the case. The arrests and the people arrested will naturally be focused on. I don't doubt more will come up about both families as the trials begin. In the meantime, I will maintain my belief that, no matter what any of the Rhodens did they are the victims here and nothing would justify what anyone else did to them. So, for example, as far as Chris Jr being expelled from school; what on earth does it have to do with today and now and why would we discuss that?
No, we discuss someone's 7th grade education level because something new happened... people got arrested.

I have heard of the videos but don't recall seeing them. Do you still have them posted or have you posted them again since the arrest?

I deleted them from YT but i'm pretty sure I still have them on my old phone.I can repost briefly to YT and then post that link here....I made one on UHR too but according to the BCI agent I spoke to,i apparently upset the family and that's another reason I pulled the videos.

One more thing. If Ws guilty and state take plea bargains. I will be very disappointed. The way the Rs and Ms. Gilley were murdered were beyond the pale. DP is warranted.

Norm you and I are from a couple of states that take that DP seriously. Juries are not shy about handing out the DP. And they don't stay long at Huntsville or McAlester either. I don't know about Ohio though.

O/T Horns = Hooked. I just had to do that Norm.

JMO

Random thoughts:

BBM
At the time of the arrests, AW, who is the only one who I believe to have a felony, was probably not in possession of a firearm, and, they are all charged with the same offenses. I think it's like getting caught with a picture of you holding a firearm, and you are a felon, it's not a chargeable offense, unless they caught you with it on your person.
IANAL though.

Agree, what I call victim bashing is not one being honest about the victims (and don't think that the defense attorneys won't be). In any case, what I call bashing, is making derogatory comments about folks' appearance, their choice of lifestyle, religion, etc... That's none of my business, but it may come up in court, just the same. The prosecution will bring those things out on the Ws, most likely, of what they appeared to be, and what they are not (close to the cross). The defense may even use AW's, and GW's, appearance in their favor. Does she, or GW3, look like either are physically capable of doing this crime? I've never thought that she nor G3 looked physically fit enough, to be all that swift, and GW3 just does not appear to be the sharpest knife in the drawer. Did the boys do it, and both the parents, and grandparents, are covering for them?

It is a fact, though, that getting into illegal activities, can bring trouble to your doorstep. Until the feds roll back weed, and make it legal, it is on par with selling Heroin. Do I agree with their stance? No. Do the Feds care what I think? No.

One more thing. If Ws guilty and state take plea bargains. I will be very disappointed. The way the Rs and Ms. Gilley were murdered were beyond the pale. DP is warranted.

And CR2 was a 16 year old boy. There has been much talk about how the killers spared the children, well a 16 year old is a child too. And a 19 year old is a teenager.

I hope no plea bargain as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member