OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The motive for the annialation of the Rhoden’s is so simple yet so emotionally complex.

A child

Money

Drugs

A real or manufactured family dynasty blended with possible pipedreams of horses and other exotic animals. It’s ripe for a true crime movie.

Toss in a handsome good ole boy Sheriff, some State of Ohio politics, Appalachian morals, hillbilly justice and there you have it.

Except the Waggies lived and breathed the life where they thought themselves superior and above the law.

I have the overwhelming feeling that there are some Waggie advocates posting on all social media.

Sad to think out loud that I strongly believe it’s not going to be a very effective effort.

I think DEWine and Reader conducted a very careful and extremely competent investigation. They assembled a team who amassed an overwhelming amount of evidence.

They got em.

They got em good.

And may God have mercy in the souls who coldly pulled the triggers more than 30 times.

They had the time and resources to do what they needed done legally. Instead they opted to kill 8 people. None of the 8 may have had an impact on the future of the world, but each had the right to live lives as best they could have chosen.

8 bodies are buried in graves because of the barbaric choices of others. As humans we can’t allow that kind of justice. Decisions regarding who lives or dies must be left to our justice system. It’s not perfect but it’s the best in the world. And the killers had no right whatsoever to circumvent a system our forefathers carefully wrote into the Constitution, the US Bill of Rights, and the Laws of the State of Ohio. It is unadulterated arrogance to think they could violate law millions of the rest of us honor and follow.
Well said. In simpler terms, Angela Wagner, Billy Wagner, George Wagner, and Jake Wagner took it upon themselves to play God, abruptly ending the lives of 8 people full of life with a lot more memories and experiences to come in their future. I’ll never understand it. No motive will ever justify what they have done. These four people are literally each the devil in human form. May they rot in Hell.

RSFF

The victim blaming thread title has been fixed.

moo
Ok. My point wasn't about victim blaming. It's a fact pot was found.

I just wonder how and when it got there.

ETA: It appears, the growth of the plants found coincide with the planning period mentioned in the indictements. it's probably just a coincidence

Random thoughts:

I have read several times on here that some of the Wagners had been convicted of felonies. I don't believe that to be true though as there were no charges brought forth for being a felon in possession of a firearm. Perhaps they were charged with a felony offense at one time but were convicted of a misdemeanor, but that does not make them a felon unless they were actually adjudicated guilty of a felon.

Angela and Billy were both convicted in Adams county, IIRC. For stealing from Rocky Mountain Boot company. I believe it’s AW’s record that reflects a long list of retailers that was affected by her thefts. They are verifiable criminals, per online county records available for any person to search and view. I believe it was felony charges they faced originally, but it may have ended in misdemeanor convictions (sorry my brain is in a fog)

Pot Farm. A farm to me would consist of an outdoor grow, but these were indoor grows as far as I read. And on more than one occasion the powers to be stated COMMERCIAL GROW operation. I see no reason for LE to lie about that fact.
I agree. It wasn’t a pot farm. However, Chris and Kenny growing weed seems to be irrelevant to the murders at this point. Reader has said it more than once. Whether he said it as “this wasn’t over a few weed plants” or whether it was when he said “I thought we all could move on from the marijuana grows” (paraphrasing).

As far as blaming the victims, I don't think being honest about the victims is wrong. The fact that they had so many violent incidents with other people throughout their community, a verifiable conviction for domestic violence, more than one protection order, and even a school suspension or expulsion for the one minor, are facts that are not to be ignored. You can not make saints out of them just because they were murdered. It is not blaming them but perhaps giving a true picture of the victims. I am assuming even more will come out about this family if and when this comes to trial.
I’ve yet to see violent criminal histories on ALL eight victims.

Dana had a very old domestic violence.

There was a restraining order against a GROWN ADULT woman who assaulted little Chris over a road rage incident.

Frankie got into a fight over a demo. I believe that fight was also a couple years prior to the murders when he was still a teenager (19-ish)

It’s easy to group these incidents as a whole and say this family wasn’t saints. But I truly feel you have to look at each incident and consider all of the circumstances such as kids being kids, age and maturity, while also remembering that there are two sides to all of these stories. The eight victims of murder can’t tell us their side of these prior incidents.

Also, a 16 year old boy getting suspended happens every day across the world. While I’m not condoning it, I’m trying to point out that we are all human. We all make mistakes. Teenagers make many mistakes.

When each one of us dies, none of us will leave this world a saint. If one doesn’t have skeletons in the closet, they’re most likely living under a rock.

None of the victims’ mistakes in life will ever matter when it comes to trial. They were human beings. And they were human beings who should still be here.

Last edited:
I don’t disagree with the death penalty, but I could never be one of the people who pulls the switch. Jmo
I’m torn about the DP. It’s too humane for them. I think rotting in prison until the day they die is much more of an appropriate punishment. The Rhodens and Hannah Gilley didn’t get to prepare for their deaths. There were no goodbyes to loved ones. There were no final favorite meals. There wasn’t even time for any of them to pray before their lives were snuffed out. Why should the Wagner’s be allowed any of that by being given an execution date they can prepare for? Let them rot. Slowly. Eating prison food and being hated by their fellow inmates. JMO.

It is "the dogs that didn't bark" clue. LM said that whoever did this was known to the dogs, because they would have attacked strangers. Shooting the dogs would have covered up the fact that the W's were not strangers to the dogs.
AND both animals and young children were spared. Two of the Wagners’ favorite things. It’s been said time and time again, the killers had a soft spot for animals and babies....

Nope. The state will win this charge. Whether it was permitted by Chris and Dana or not, a
17-18 year old having sex with a 13 year old is illegal whether there’s parental approval or not.
I agree now, I didn’t understand the law. I guess when I see it so much in an area and have never seen it charged in the area I thought it acceptable. Jmo

RSFF

The victim blaming thread title has been fixed.

moo

Yes, I just noticed that. Thank you, Mods! Thanks for understanding. :):):)

ohio-victims.jpg

url

All the behaviors and lifestyles in comment are all over country. South Texas is by far worse than that area. I mean the area referred to as the VALLEY. You wouldnt recognize it as being in US.

Have been to both areas and agree. It would feel just as different to me in the Bronx or southern Mississippi or on a Native American reservation.

JMO, it's a good thing that the US has not become a homogenized culture. There are still so many regional differences in language, lifestyle, culture, etc.

All the behaviors and lifestyles in comment are all over country. South Texas is by far worse than that area. I mean the area referred to as the VALLEY. You wouldnt recognize it as being in US.

I lived over half of my 63 years along the Rio Grande valley, and I will agree that it’s more like Mexico than other parts of the US. To an outsider, it would seem like a different country. Same can be said about lots of other places when viewed as an outsider.

I agree with what you said. I may have poorly worded my statement Let me take another shot at it.

Although legal to possess for hunting purposes, I believe the evidence will show materials found both in the wounds of each body as well as in the immediate area of each shot fired will match material found at the Waggies. Further I believe the prosecutors will be able to track that specific material as having been purchased at a specific store by a Waggie.

I did research. Insulating material can be anything such as cotton balls, old blankets, steel wool, foam rubber or bits of old mattresses, pillows, etc. and yes if the ends of the suppressor isn’t sealed perfectly or blows out when fired boom out comes the insulating material.

If they have them purchasing “special shoes”, and other supplies , I think they also have them purchasing the suppressor materials. And they can probably prove the materials of every suppressor they found, or any of the materials obtained in those suppressors chemically match.

The actual materials may have been something unique. Like horse blankets, pillow stuffing, welding insulation and perhaps something special and unique found on the Flying Waggies Farm. Wouldn’t that be special.

It took LE over 940 days, with a huge amount of manpower and according to Gov. Elect DEWine, tens of thousands of manhours to gather, analyze and organize the evidence.

It sure appears to me that each LE person involved considered every theory every microscopic bit of evidence, tracked the Waggies and evidence to Numerous states. They traveled 4,500 ONE WAY miles up to Alaska for extended periods of time, and I can just about tell you the 2 hotels where they stayed and exactly where they ate while in Kenai.

They might well have followed them down the Alcan Highway on their return trip. In country like Alaska the “facilities” are few and far between. Sometimes it’s a matter of stopping on the side of the road/highway and going behind a clump of trees. I think LE has a good estimate if that number as well. I’ll bet their trash was searched right after they threw it in the Kenai Peninsula Borough Sanitation Station.

I truly believe that this investigation will impress the people of Ohio

I think the LE team knows the brand of toothpaste, toilet paper make up and even the brand and tint of hair Angela used the to cover her gray and add highlights. LE WILL PROBABLY be able to tell the court the brand of diesel they used in their trucks, and exactly how much money they spent from at least January 2016, when they believe the murderous plan began, up until the moment each was arrested.

I believe DEWine spared no expense and Readers men added the invaluable local facts and knowledge to the mix.

There very well may be nothing the Waggies had, did or bought that LE doesn’t have a receipt for. Some of LE may now be expert enough in Walmart security and video to have a second career after they retire.

So yes. In the end suppressors are legal. But not when there’re suppressor marks with mottling around the wounds that killed the Rhoden Family. And not when the material used within those suppressors is found at each crime scene.

That would absolutely prove the Waggies used them to hunt humans.

PS. MY FAMILY IN ALASKA SAFE. MY REAL ALASKA LOG HOMESTEAD SUSTAINED A BIT OF DAMAGE. MY BREAKABLE ANTIQUE GLASS WAS SHATTERED. BUT MY FAMIKY IS SAFE. Thank you to those who asked. It’s going to take a very long time to rebuild roads and bridges alone.

Video captures car trying to navigate perilous roads damaged by earthquake | Daily Mail Online

That’s what many commuter roads look like out of Anchorage north and south to Kenai. Rick slides the largest Alaska Airlines Sport Complex is flooded on a wooden basketball floor.

No cell calls. Texts only. And no villages have been checked yet.

GO TO KTUU.com or Adn.com to see videos. Incredible. Earthquakes are disastrous.

I am happy to hear your family is safe.

Ok. My point wasn't about victim blaming. It's a fact pot was found.

I just wonder how and when it got there.

ETA: It appears, the growth of the plants found coincide with the planning period mentioned in the indictements. it's probably just a coincidence

Why is it LE has never shown as much as a leaf, much less a plant? Why no pics of the growing operation? No lights, watering system, etc.? All the pot bust show all kinds of pics of the plants and grow operation, why not this one? If it was of little concern compared to the multiple murders, why did they make such a big deal of it early on and then show no proof it existed?

Why is it LE has never shown as much as a leaf, much less a plant? Why no pics of the growing operation? No lights, watering system, etc.? All the pot bust show all kinds of pics of the plants and grow operation, why not this one? If it was of little concern compared to the multiple murders, why did they make such a big deal of it early on and then show no proof it existed?
They haven't shown anything in this case from the beginning onward.

I live on an island, Lido Key outside of Sarasota. We have people living here from all over the US, actually several countries as well. I can guarantee we have no one from the Pike County area living here. I don't think they would feel comfortable.

I’m torn about the DP. It’s too humane for them. I think rotting in prison until the day they die is much more of an appropriate punishment. The Rhodens and Hannah Gilley didn’t get to prepare for their deaths. There were no goodbyes to loved ones. There were no final favorite meals. There wasn’t even time for any of them to pray before their lives were snuffed out. Why should the Wagner’s be allowed any of that by being given an execution date they can prepare for? Let them rot. Slowly. Eating prison food and being hated by their fellow inmates. JMO.

Life in prison without them being allowed to communicate with each other would be much more of a punishment than death. I can't see them doing well in prison with other inmates. Jake will be an easy target and his dad will be a challenge to the ones who like to fight to show superiority....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy