OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were using PVC pipe, I would be surprised unless they used something like a .22LR. There would be a good risk of something like a .223 blowing up the suppressor as the gas pressure at the muzzle would be pretty high. Lots of stuff that could go wrong even using steel pipe with those kind of pressures. Welds can break and the whole thing could come apart when firing a lot of shots in rapid succession. I would bet there was a bit of trial and error to get something that functioned before the murders.

There would no heads if they shot them with .223 as many times as they did. My theory all along has been .22lr bull pup type rifle and pistols.

the Ws had a lot of opportunity to be familiar with handling dogs what with the grandparents’ breeding business.
I recall a minister claiming that the W's wept when a dog had died. I wonder if their animal sympathies will get then in trouble: it would have been better for them to shoot the dogs even if it wasn't necessary.

BBM

The things you mention may not be the norm where you live. Those things ARE the norm in that area. Appalachia is almost like a different country in how they live. People that stop in for a day and try to get people to talk about things they do not want to talk about does not get a fair view of life in the area. The locals do not trust outsiders to begin with. Those people likely think the way you live is not normal...
All the behaviors and lifestyles in comment are all over country. South Texas is by far worse than that area. I mean the area referred to as the VALLEY. You wouldnt recognize it as being in US.

I remember that but I don't think it was ever from a reliable source. It was JM's wife who talked about him going in the house and backing out again, he never said anything about it. There was a rumor about her being on the couch with a pillow on her face, and one with her in bed with a pillow on her face. The preliminary Autopsy said she was found in bed, I think. Brain fog from info overload the last few days...

You are correct Dudly, I remember too, now. I only found the one reference in MSM, and, I was told that AM's interview was not a very long one, and the following is all that was used;

"He could hear the baby crying and he backed up out of there,'' said his wife, April Manley, in a separate interview describing what her husband told her. "He didn't want to find his niece like that."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

It matters none about parental consent in the eyes of the law. The day he turned 18, it was illegal. JMO

This, plain and simple. Legally it doesn't matter if the relationship started when they were both children or not, and legally her parents' presumed "blessing" also does not matter as they are not able to give sexual consent on her behalf and she was not of the age of consent herself. Another poster stated long ago, and it was a good call IMO, that LE knew this one would have a big impact, he gets convicted of this one based on pure math and a DNA test of SW and he has to register as some level of sex offender even IF he gets a hung jury on the murders. Custody that was so important to them to commit murder is then off the table forever.

Didn't say that at all. Was saying that they can say they had suppressors for hunting. Even homemade illegal ones.

I agree with what you said. I may have poorly worded my statement Let me take another shot at it.

Although legal to possess for hunting purposes, I believe the evidence will show materials found both in the wounds of each body as well as in the immediate area of each shot fired will match material found at the Waggies. Further I believe the prosecutors will be able to track that specific material as having been purchased at a specific store by a Waggie.

I did research. Insulating material can be anything such as cotton balls, old blankets, steel wool, foam rubber or bits of old mattresses, pillows, etc. and yes if the ends of the suppressor isn’t sealed perfectly or blows out when fired boom out comes the insulating material.

If they have them purchasing “special shoes”, and other supplies , I think they also have them purchasing the suppressor materials. And they can probably prove the materials of every suppressor they found, or any of the materials obtained in those suppressors chemically match.

The actual materials may have been something unique. Like horse blankets, pillow stuffing, welding insulation and perhaps something special and unique found on the Flying Waggies Farm. Wouldn’t that be special.

It took LE over 940 days, with a huge amount of manpower and according to Gov. Elect DEWine, tens of thousands of manhours to gather, analyze and organize the evidence.

It sure appears to me that each LE person involved considered every theory every microscopic bit of evidence, tracked the Waggies and evidence to Numerous states. They traveled 4,500 ONE WAY miles up to Alaska for extended periods of time, and I can just about tell you the 2 hotels where they stayed and exactly where they ate while in Kenai.

They might well have followed them down the Alcan Highway on their return trip. In country like Alaska the “facilities” are few and far between. Sometimes it’s a matter of stopping on the side of the road/highway and going behind a clump of trees. I think LE has a good estimate if that number as well. I’ll bet their trash was searched right after they threw it in the Kenai Peninsula Borough Sanitation Station.

I truly believe that this investigation will impress the people of Ohio

I think the LE team knows the brand of toothpaste, toilet paper make up and even the brand and tint of hair Angela used the to cover her gray and add highlights. LE WILL PROBABLY be able to tell the court the brand of diesel they used in their trucks, and exactly how much money they spent from at least January 2016, when they believe the murderous plan began, up until the moment each was arrested.

I believe DEWine spared no expense and Readers men added the invaluable local facts and knowledge to the mix.

There very well may be nothing the Waggies had, did or bought that LE doesn’t have a receipt for. Some of LE may now be expert enough in Walmart security and video to have a second career after they retire.

So yes. In the end suppressors are legal. But not when there’re suppressor marks with mottling around the wounds that killed the Rhoden Family. And not when the material used within those suppressors is found at each crime scene.

That would absolutely prove the Waggies used them to hunt humans.

PS. MY FAMILY IN ALASKA SAFE. MY REAL ALASKA LOG HOMESTEAD SUSTAINED A BIT OF DAMAGE. MY BREAKABLE ANTIQUE GLASS WAS SHATTERED. BUT MY FAMIKY IS SAFE. Thank you to those who asked. It’s going to take a very long time to rebuild roads and bridges alone.

Video captures car trying to navigate perilous roads damaged by earthquake | Daily Mail Online

That’s what many commuter roads look like out of Anchorage north and south to Kenai. Rick slides the largest Alaska Airlines Sport Complex is flooded on a wooden basketball floor.

No cell calls. Texts only. And no villages have been checked yet.

GO TO KTUU.com or Adn.com to see videos. Incredible. Earthquakes are disastrous.

Last edited:
I agree with what you said. I may have poorly worded my statement Let me take another shot at it.

Although legal to possess for hunting purposes, I believe the evidence will show materials found both in the wounds of each body as well as in the immediate area of each shot fired will match material found at the Waggies. Further I believe the prosecutors will be able to track that specific material as having been purchased at a specific store by a Waggie.

If they have them purchasing “special shoes” I think they also have them purchasing the suppressor materials. And they can probably prove the materials if every suppressor they found, or any of the materials obtained in those suppressors chemically match.

The actual materials may have been something unique. Like horse blankets, pillow stuffing, welding insulation and perhaps something special and unique found on the Flying Waggies Farm. Wouldn’t that be special.

It took LE over 940 days, with a huge amount of manpower and according to Gov. Elect DEWine, tens of thousands of manhours to gather, analyze and organize the evidence.

It sure appears to me that each person involved considered every theory every microscopic bit of evidence, tracked the Waggies and evidence to Numerous states. They traveled 4,500 miles up to Alaska for extended periods of time, and I can just about tell you the 2 hotels where they stayed and exactly where they ate while in Kenai.

They might well have followed them down the Alcan Highway on their return trip. In country like Alaska the “facilities” are few and far between. Sometimes it’s a matter of stopping on the side of the road/highway and going behind a clump of trees. I think LE has a good estimate if that number as well. I’ll bet their trash was searched right after they threw it in the Kenai Peninsula Borough Sanitation Station.

I truly believe that this investigation will impress the people of Ohio

I think the LE team knows the brand of toothpaste, toilet paper make up and even the brand and tint of hair Angela used the to cover her gray and add highlights. LE WILL PROBABLY be able to tell the court the brand of diesel they used in their trucks, and exactly how much money they spent from at least January 2016, when they believe the murderous plan began, up until the moment each was arrested.

I believe DEWine spared no expense and Readers men added the invaluable local facts and knowledge to the mix.

There very well may be nothing the Waggies had, did or bought that LE doesn’t have a receipt for. Some of LE may now be expert enough in Walmart security and video to have a second career after they retire.

So yes. In the end suppressors are legal. But not when there’re suppressor marks with mottling around the wounds that killed the Rhoden Family. And not when the material used within those suppressors is found at each crime scene.

That would absolutely prove the Waggies used them to hunt humans.
I agree with everything you wrote. I also believe in 6th amendment too. If this goes to trial the Ws attorneys are going to have professorial experts picking all of it part. That's why I wrote playing devils advocate in post. Until DeWine and LE show PROOF in a court of law these killers are innocent until proven guilty. Forensics sciences are not infallible. They are proven wrong on a daily basis with new processes.

PS. I think LE have all of them discussing the murders on audio\video.

How would shooting the dogs have helped? Apparently the dogs didn’t bark or alert anyone.
It is "the dogs that didn't bark" clue. LM said that whoever did this was known to the dogs, because they would have attacked strangers. Shooting the dogs would have covered up the fact that the W's were not strangers to the dogs.

Since you brought up age, as for last charge on Jake if true he started dating Hanna at 17 and Hanna 13, with both sets of parents approval, should they have stopped dating when he turned 18? Trying to think how a defense could present it. Jmo
Again you bring up an interesting question. Maybe the parents (on both sides ) thought they were friends. I believe there was a previous business relationship and mutual socializing. I'm thinking of a situation where someone asks, "Is it okay if my kid sister goes to the destruction derby with us?" and eventually progressing to: "I'm going to marry your sister, when she grows up." I know there age guidelines (usually acceptable if the parties are 2 years or less apart in age.) for just the situation you are proffering. Young teenage girls (12 & 13 yrs) have crushes on "older singers", star athletes, television actors etc.... But, it is career suicide and ill advised for the "older idol" to "act on or take advantage of the situation." Obviously, no problems with an 18 year old senior taking a 16 year old to the prom, right?
Many years ago, there was a famous singer who married a 13 year old... a baseball player who married a 14 year old...none of it played well in the public. So, I'll pass on the whole issue of JW's youthful indiscretions and focus on the savage murder of 8 human beings.
My guess is JW's defense attorney better pass on the issue and focus on saving his client's butt from the DP.

Last edited:
I knew some one that was a grand mother at age 26. I'm not sure if they were from that area originally but had the same family values...

you mean 36 right? I don't see how 26 is physically possible (even 36 is pushing it)

I don't know if the Wagners have felony convictions. As for the Rhoden family, there are many, many threads discussing every single negative issue you bring up about them, plus more that you missed, too. That we are no longer discussing all the negative aspects of the Rhoden's lives or the area where they lived doesn't mean those issues are forgotten.
It just seems that, at the present time, those issues bear no weight on the recent developments in the case. The arrests and the people arrested will naturally be focused on. I don't doubt more will come up about both families as the trials begin. In the meantime, I will maintain my belief that, no matter what any of the Rhodens did they are the victims here and nothing would justify what anyone else did to them. So, for example, as far as Chris Jr being expelled from school; what on earth does it have to do with today and now and why would we discuss that?
No, we discuss someone's 7th grade education level because something new happened... people got arrested.

Very well said. Whatever the Rhodens did or didn't do, the Ws had no right to take any of their lives. JMO

When Both Parties Are Minors: The “Romeo and Juliet” Exception
Named after Shakespeare’s young lovers, “Romeo and Juliet” exceptions are intended to prevent serious criminal charges against teenagers who engage in consensual sex with others close to their own age. In Ohio, there is a Romeo and Juliet exemption for consensual sex between two minors who are at least 13 but younger than 18. (Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 2907.04 (2018).)

And as mentioned above, the crime of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor carries reduced penalties when the victim is at least 13 but younger than 16 and the defendant is 18 or older and fewer than four years older than the minor. However, a conviction may nonetheless result in a fine, jail time, or both. (Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 2907.04 (2018).)

It's an established relationship too. Neither of the parents stopped the relationship, HMR & JW had set a wedding date, in August, 2014, for August, 2015 (their fifth year anniversary), according to HMR's own Twitter account.

JW and HMR considered August 26, 2010, as their anniversary (per her Twitter). When the relationship started;
HMR was 13 years, 4 months
JW was 17 years 9 months

I would not have permitted the relationship, boy nor girl, no matter. We had a no dating til 16 policy, but, they called the shots in their homes, not me. I think that many folks would believe, that as long as the parents are cool with a pair of teens, dating, that it's just fine. I think "teens" may be the keyword too. You also have parents, who were married in their teens, 16 & 19, for DR and CR1, respectively. I'd say they'll charge him, though.

Maybe multiple firearms involved although the scene seems nearly impossible.

Btw, each of the accused is charged with the same counts and the same specifications. Does it mean LE believes each of them went in each house with each a suppressor? Or does it mean LE charges everybody as a group to determine the participation of each later in court?

What do you think? The same charges for everyone make it look like they dont really know the role of the defendants in detail. Otherwise it means LE can prove who shot whom and everybody participated equally. I doubt, it's that simple.

Anyone expert on prosecutions?

Edit: improved for understanding

Because it was a conspiracy.

It's an established relationship too. Neither of the parents stopped the relationship, HMR & JW had set a wedding date, in August, 2014, for August, 2015 (their fifth year anniversary), according to HMR's own Twitter account.

JW and HMR considered August 26, 2010, as their anniversary (per her Twitter). When the relationship started;
HMR was 13 years, 4 months
JW was 17 years 9 months

I would not have permitted the relationship, boy nor girl, no matter. We had a no dating til 16 policy, but, they called the shots in their homes, not me. I think that many folks would believe, that as long as the parents are cool with a pair of teens, dating, that it's just fine. I think "teens" may be the keyword too. You also have parents, who were married in their teens, 16 & 19, for DR and CR1, respectively. I'd say they'll charge him, though.
I think 'dating' is the operative word here. Not having sex, just dating.

"Pot farm" is in the title of the thread, I will post relevant content.

How Long Does It Take to Grow Weed Indoors? | Grow Weed Easy

How long the victims had been growing weed? We don't really know. We heard different numbers for the quantities of plants. But we don't know about their size and maturity.

Weed grows fast in good conditions. The plants discovered on april 22 2016 were likely have been planted after january 1st of the same year...

How many plants can be carried in a pickup truck? I guess it depends on their size. If they are just starting and still small, maybe 200.

To grow them in winter, you need heating, water and light. We haven't heard much about the equipment on site. It doesnt mean it was not there.

ETA: did the accused know about the grow op? They said they were friends with the victims

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member