OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I think I understand your question better... because you and Dudley are actually saying the same thing. Sure, anyone could buy the same footwear... but LE must have proof that the W's bought that footwear shortly before the murders. Also... maybe all footwear is not the same for all 4 killers. For example, maybe Mrs W bought a pair just like Dana's shoes in Dana's size but not her own size.... maybe W3 bought a pair just like Chris Sr's and in same size as Chris's but not in W3's size... and so on down the line with 4 new pairs of shoes being bought by all 4 family members and then you can kind of narrow it down to why the W's buying their "special shoes" (found on store receipt) points to them being the killers... and not just anybody buying the same shoes as the R's. I think it might just be that they bought shoes that have no sole design to leave traceable impressions of any kind. Some sort of shower shoe... something like that. (Just another possibility.)
Jmo the shower shoe theory would be better evidence.

That is the way I remembered it happening in Ky with cousin. Jmo

Yes... that's how I remembered it, too. A relative of the Rhoden's did call 911 when he felt intimidated and called 911 to report he was being followed by someone in another vehicle in KY. It was big news for less than a full day, however, when it was discovered that nobody was actually following him. But, who could blame the poor guy under the circumstances?
And, seeing that news article posted, that is a perfect example of faulty memory
(for me.) I would have bet money the incident was not so soon as the day after the shootings.

It did not happen to the KR that was murdered. This happened AFTER the murders in a different state.

Here's a link to cousin Kenny Rhoden's call to 911 in Greenup, KY about a car following him in South Shore, KY. Yes, the call happened a day after the murders and the Kenny making the call is a cousin of the murdered Rhodens.

LISTEN: Rhoden family member ‘fears for his life’ in 911 call

I'm sure a lot of relatives of the Rhodens were nervous, who could blame them. These killings were extreme and no one knew how or why they had been killed or who the murderers were.

With an investigation this complex, you never know if the focus on the Manleys was to see if someone else got lax and let something slip. Unfortunately, LE is allowed to lie in investigations and to get confessions. I do not think that is right.
But I wouldn’t think a judge would allow a tracking device be placed on the truck to keep up a le lie. Dewine said his self Wagner’s were not first on there list that they came in later in the investigation (not in those words)Jmo

But I wouldn’t think a judge would allow a tracking device be placed on the truck to keep up a le lie. Dewine said his self Wagner’s were not first on there list that they came in later in the investigation (not in those words)Jmo

In retrospect it seems LE was trying to figure out what was going on, if JM was meeting with JW. Apparently, they didn't know. A judge would allow a tracking device under those circumstances. As it turns out, there was no there there.

But to make sure I am clear I DO NOT think Manleys are involved. I feel terribly sorry for Manleys unimaginable loss and having go through what they went through afterwards.

No, it was a cousin and if I remember correctly he was on his way home from the funeral home?

According to the news story linked earlier, the families were still planning the funerals. He lived in the area and was driving there, didn't say why. Perhaps it was a dumb road-rage incident by a nutty driver, but you can't blame the cousin for being scared. I don't know how any of them slept in the weeks after those murders. I would have barred the doors and windows with anything I had and slept with the lights on.

Last edited:
But to make sure I am clear I DO NOT think Manleys are involved. I feel terribly sorry for Manleys unimaginable loss and having go through what they went through afterwards.

Thanks, most all here agree. It seemed more like an attempt by the W's to set up JM to take the blame for the murders. Same with BJM, I think the W's knew she would be the one to find the bodies. If social media stories after the murders are an indicator, some of the W's or their associates were working pretty hard to spread the story of complicity of BJM, JM and others. Some were making a big deal of dissecting BJM's 911 call, spreading rumors, twisting facts, etc.

I really look forward to hearing more details when the discovery process and trials begin. So many questions will hopefully be answered. As DeWine said, we'll be shaking our heads when we hear some of the details.

ETA: I also hope we hear some details about what the W's were doing in the days after the murders. Were they all hiding out the next day? Resting up, getting rid of evidence, planting false rumors, getting their stories straight?

I don't know where I got the idea that he just left Gary R's viewing. o_O

Gary Rhoden had lived in Greenup, KY... he was related to this man who called 911 and this incident happened right near Greenup, KY. Meanwhile there were some news articles already discussing funeral arrangements at the same time they were reporting this incident. I bet that's how it happened. That sort of memory blip is not unusual at all... associated thoughts get thrown into the same "memory folder" while the memory is being made, so to speak.
ETA: Wow, Betsy... mind meld on that one. I didn't see your comment first. :eek:

Angela Wagner served in the US Air Force. She had to pass the weapons qualification course.
I think that Jake took the shooters with him at 10:00 pm when he picked his daughter up, that was when Big Chris was killed, the shooters stayed in that home, that's why Big Chris was covered up with a blanket, the killers stayed there and killed Gary next when he came in the home they held him down and put the gun to his head, after that the killers went to Frankie home after his ex girlfriend left, given them time to fall a sleep, I think that someone was watching Dana and called the shooters and alerted them as to when she had left work, that's is when the shooters knew of what time to kill Dana,Chris jr & Hanna May, the person that was watching Dana was the one that killed Kenny, afterward they waited on a call from the shooters at Dana house to come and pick them up, Jake stayed and took care of his daughter.

When DeWine was asked about this he said they would not comment on if that were true. If it isn't confirmed by a reliable source, it has to be considered rumor.

Not as much a rumor, because DS said it in a regular news tv interview. He was also quoted saying it in the Daily Mail, which wouldn't be considered a reliable source. DS gave those details to more than one media source. He may not have recalled some details accurately, but I tend to believe him. Like BJM, JM and others who discovered the bodies, they were all likely in a state of traumatic psychological shock and some of their perceptions (what they saw or heard, amount of time passing, etc.) may not be completely accurate. That's understandable. Their pulse and respiration would be off. Blood pressure going crazy, short of breath, etc. Similar to what people experience in heavy combat, it's called acute stress reaction.

Last edited:
I don’t understand the boots. Does the Walmart in Waverly or West Union have a huge selection of boots where the chance of two different people buying the same brand of boots are low? Did BW squeeze his big feet into smaller boots? Jmo

It could be as simple as bloody tracks left at one or more of the murder scenes matched a specific size, manufacturer, style, etc that one or more of the Ws were recorded purchasing at Walmart. That fact alone wouldn’t prove anything one way or the other, but it could be very meaningful in a case based on a lot of circumstantial evidence. I wouldn’t be surprised if the shoes in question were just cheap tennis shoes or the like..

[QUO
You might have a point with the break away though. We do not know how well he got along with his brother. We have nothing to discuss inside ToS.

Brothers can grow apart too and be loyal up to a certain point. I would not feel comfortable if my brother Calvin started to behave in consistency with what I read from GW3's tattoos...

BBM

Hi Jonas Klein.
Sorry, but I can't resist asking (per you post above) but did I understand you have a brother named "Calvin"?

(as in The Calvin Klein... And if so, may I send you a PM with a few items on my Christmas list?)
My attempt at some levity.

When DeWine was asked about this he said they would not comment on if that were true. If it isn't confirmed by a reliable source, it has to be considered rumor.

Reporting it as a rumor is the same thing as saying DS was lying or that he's not a reliable source. I'm not inclined to say he was lying about what he saw in Kenneth's house, even if Gov. DeWine decided he didn't want to answer that question for any number of reasons I can think of. LE is not always forthright with information they give out when investigating crimes. I found DS to be believable in his interviews while I know others wouldn't agree with me. But, I'll just agree to disagree on this one because it won't make or break LE's case, afaik.
And, I hate to even say this but my father died alone and my family knows he was paid that day. His friend said he only bought dinner and then went home. Funeral home who came later to pick up his body states they found no money on his person or in his wallet. LE and EMT's had been with my father first before his body was transferred to the funeral home. So, was there money on his person or in his wallet... until what point? Somebody took it and everyone denied taking it. So, maybe Gov. DeWine really doesn't know the answer.

Last edited:
You are right but passing the qualification test does not necessarily make someone a marksman. I was asking how it was known that she WAS a Marksman.

Not sure if you would need to be much of a marksman for close quarter shooting like what appears to have happened here. My experience with USMC rifle quals were 100m, 200m, 300m, and 500m and pistol quals at 7,15, and 25 yards. Not sure what the Air Force has for their quals.

There's the old, full video of the interview with Len Manley when he talks about what happened that morning. He's talking fast so it's hard to understand when he says something about BJM called or came down to the house. He said JM then went to DR's and Len went to the other homes.

Global News

He starts talking about how he heard of the murders around 2:19.

As for BJM and the 911 call, she is walking around talking, getting the kids while talking to the operator. She was in shock. There's no extra time to account for. I wish people would leave her alone. She wasn't involved in the murders.

Yes, that is where I heard it said that Bobbi went to LM's house and got her brother.... but, in reviewing what LM says, he could be talking about someone who was with Bobbi Jo who went up to LM's house and got him and JM to come down to the murder scene(s) and not necessarily Bobbi. I do have a little trouble with his accent. Thank-you. The subject of the timing did come up though, and I remember there being questions at the time about her actions not matching the time element of what she said she did and when. I never suspected Bobbi and have never had a bad thought about her. She is part of it though... she found the first bodies and she'll be a prosecution witness in four trials. Why shouldn't the possible reasons for LE's suspicions of Bobbi be discussed? Those reasons turned out to be faulty and her name has been cleared. I'm not sure what you mean about people "leaving her alone." I haven't seen anyone "picking on" Bobbi here. I clearly said in my comments that LE was wrong about Bobbi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member