OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand the boots. Does the Walmart in Waverly or West Union have a huge selection of boots where the chance of two different people buying the same brand of boots are low? Did BW squeeze his big feet into smaller boots? Jmo

NUMEROUS PRESS CONFERENCES, but IMO, this is the gamechanger that said, "GOTTCHA!" Thanks to BETTYP for directing me/us to the MEDIA&TIMELINE THREAD! This conference was April 13, 2017, (you are on notice, and we know who you are?) Sheriff Reader emphatically protects the Rhoden family when reporter implies drug connection:
"I'm stating they are human beings and we are all judged. You're judged by people. I'm judged by people. I'm criticized. And, that is fine and this family has as well with the type of crime that's been committed. And, I am saying that these are human beings. And regardless of what they did for a living, regardless if they lived in rural Pike County, I am saying they are humans."
Media & Timeline NO DISCUSSION - Pike Co, OH 8 Family Members Murdered

Also stated in the conference, "We know the killers are watching and listening." {sic} "Wherever they are......" (Yep, he knows they are in Alaska?...and he and Dewine have devised a plan to get them back. It obviously worked....and sitting in the front row is AngieC, the special prosecutor. (What a cohinkydink, huh?)

Shortly after, is the first news story about W's property, the W farm being searched, the W4's coming back to town, and the GJ convened.
Media & Timeline NO DISCUSSION - Pike Co, OH 8 Family Members Murdered

Ps, Thank you VERN for teaching me how to attach permalinks!

Last edited:
I think they had constant surveillance on them til they could get them as separated as possible. GW3 had a tail all the way to Lex. They probably wanted to make sure that the children, farm workers, surrounding tenants, and GW3's sister, were in as much of a position of safety as possible. She seemed so very calm during the arrest. At any rate, considering the W's "If We R Caught" plan, I could see how going in on all of them at once could have ended badly for everyone involved.
Agree, and I also think LE synchronized the timing of the arrests so all would be taken down at the same time. Otherwise some of them could learn of the others' arrests.

JMO
Just wanted to add something I have been thinking about regarding the previous discussions about one of the defendants may have been hard of hearing. No reason to go into all that again but something I was thinking about is the murderer who did most of the shooting would not really want to wear any ear protection during the murders because it could limit the person from hearing if someone was waking up and moving around in other rooms. So a murderer is not likely to ever wear ear protection.

Its something I never have thought about before and it could cause hearing damage if someone was shooting lots of shots like those murders. Even if the person was experienced with guns its not likely they would wear ear protection and the more shots the more damage to the hearing most likely.

The murderers in this case obviously did some preparation so its kind of interesting to think about whether they thought of using ear protection and then realized they could not so that they could hear if anyone was getting woken up in another room or something.

Not sure if we will ever hear any details about this sort of thing unless they confess and talk about it.

Just thought about this today and found it kind of interesting to think about.

There is noise-cancelling ear protection on the market. They filter out noise above a certain dB, and amplify noise under a certain dB. So you can hear normally while wearing them, but when you shoot, it protects your ears from the noise of the gunshot. Do a search on Amazon for "Caldwell Electronic Protection Amplification and you can find a set for $25.

I don’t understand the boots. Does the Walmart in Waverly or West Union have a huge selection of boots where the chance of two different people buying the same brand of boots are low? Did BW squeeze his big feet into smaller boots? Jmo
Possibly. Someone who the Wagners wanted to frame wore Walmart boots or shoes. Because of LE's misplaced interest in J Manley after the crime, it was likely him who the Wagners tried to frame.

I feel very, very sad for all the Manley family members. May they have justice!

I don't understand why the W's were resentful of CR1's purchase of the trailer for DR. Could someone fill in this blank for me?

I think the new home showed that the R's had a nice place where S could live. Before that, Dana, Hanna, Chris Jr and S were staying at Frankie's place and that was not appropriate especially with the custody issues going on.

Angela Wagner served in the US Air Force. She had to pass the weapons qualification course.
I read comments about this before. Is there a link to a story about "time of service" and "discharge status." I was wondering if they still let service women resign, for lack of a better word, if they become pregnant? Is that considered a "general discharge" or "honorable."? Are DD214's available for public viewing? Just wondering, if a link or photo existed.

Possibly. Someone who the Wagners wanted to frame wore Walmart boots or shoes. Because of LE's misplaced interest in J Manley after the crime, it was likely him who the Wagners tried to frame.

I feel very, very sad for all the Manley family members. May they have justice!
I feel extremely sad for all the Victims families too. I never felt that James or Bobby jo or Leonard Manley’s had anything at all to do with the murders. I never even thought for one second it was them even on day one or first week. But with trying to frame someone like Leonard wouldn’t you need to plant more than just shoe prints. Wouldn’t you need to plant a motive for Leonard to kill or other planted evidence. And there was none so how can we say the killers tried to frame the Manley’s. Jmo

I think people have been guessing/speculating but all we know is that shoes were purchased as part of the murder plan. We don't know what type of shoes were purchased other than they must have been purchased to try and "fool investigators" somehow. A few guesses I've had have been... maybe shoes like the R's wore, same sizes as R's, too, so no "different prints" were evident around the properties... or shoes to mimic those worn by someone(s) else besides the R's or W's... or shoes that left no pattern at all... AFAIK, nobody knows the answers to the questions about the "specific" shoes that the W's bought before the murders.

I think people have been guessing/speculating but all we know is that shoes were purchased as part of the murder plan. We don't know what type of shoes were purchased other than they must have been purchased to try and "fool investigators" somehow. A few guesses I've had have been... maybe shoes like the R's wore so no "different prints" were evident around the properties... or shoes to mimic those worn by someone(s) else besides the R's or W's... or shoes that left no pattern at all... AFAIK, nobody knows the answers to the questions about the "specific" shoes that the W's bought before the murders.
Now that theory would make more sense to me. The different prints not a specific person. I can understand that. Jmo

I feel extremely sad for all the Victims families too. I never felt that James or Bobby jo or Leonard Manley’s had anything at all to do with the murders. I never even thought for one second it was them even on day one or first week. But with trying to frame someone like Leonard wouldn’t you need to plant more than just shoe prints. Wouldn’t you need to plant a motive for Leonard to kill or other planted evidence. And there was none so how can we say the killers tried to frame the Manley’s. Jmo

There was a little discrepancy with BJM's story only because she went home and got her brother JM when she found Chris and Gary... so her timing was off when reporting to LE who first arrived at the murder scenes. There was some extra time that didn't fit into her story (innocently but appeared suspicious.) LE arriving and finding JM already there looked suspicious to them, too, and, as we know, he did go into at least 1 property so it could have seemed he wanted to explain his DNA on door knobs or wherever. As for Leonard... did LE try and frame him or did they just assume he knew what was going on (as they are now saying about the 2 grandma's.) I'm not sure about Leonard's "part" they suspected he might have played. Then there were the reported text messages between JW and JM which I still don't understand but it might be that was some of the fancy electronic device work... ie; making it look like JM was in the area texting to JW. That would seem to implicate JW, too, though, in my mind... so, that theory I still don't understand. However, it has been speculated that the red truck JM ending up with, that had possibly belonged to the W's might have been used in the murders. "Webs" get very weaved and tangled up, indeed. I'm just glad that LE untangled things and the Manleys are no longer on their radar.
You know, in any murder case... the person who finds any deceased victim's body is considered a person who must be eliminated from suspicion of involvement in a murder. Apparently, some people who murder will go back and "find" the body and call police to report the so-called discovery. Strange...
ETA: It might also be that they thought JM and LM were way over the top angry about their towing JM's truck away. Now... were it me, and I was innocent... I would have told LE I understood they needed to check out my vehicle. (Do anything you have to do to find who did this.) Maybe all the fussing done by LM didn't really help his image of innocence that day although, in retrospect, it all made sense and I do understand his emotions that day.

Last edited:
I read comments about this before. Is there a link to a story about "time of service" and "discharge status." I was wondering if they still let service women resign, for lack of a better word, if they become pregnant? Is that considered a "general discharge" or "honorable."? Are DD214's available for public viewing? Just wondering, if a link or photo existed.
Without her SS#, we can't find her info. It's possible Angela was in the Air Force Reserve.

There was a little discrepancy with BJM's story only because she went home and got her brother JM when she found Chris and Gary... so her timing was off when reporting to LE who first arrived at the murder scenes. There was some extra time that didn't fit into her story (innocently but appeared suspicious.) LE arriving and finding JM already there looked suspicious to them, too, and, as we know, he did go into at least 1 property so it could have seemed he wanted to explain his DNA on door knobs or wherever. As for Leonard... did LE try and frame him or did they just assume he knew what was going on (as they are now saying about the 2 grandma's.) I'm not sure about Leonard's "part" they suspected he might have played. Then there were the reported text messages between JW and JM which I still don't understand but it might be that was some of the fancy electronic device work... ie; making it look like JM was in the area texting to JW. That would seem to implicate JW, too, though, in my mind... so, that theory I still don't understand. However, it has been speculated that the red truck JM ending up with, that had possibly belonged to the W's was used in the murders. "Webs" get very weaved and tangled up, indeed. I'm just glad that LE untangled things and the Manleys are no longer on their radar.
You know, in any murder case... the person who finds any deceased victim's body is considered a person who must be eliminated from suspicion of involvement in a murder. Apparently, some people who murder will go back and "find" the body and call police to report the so-called discovery. Strange...
I understand the le had to check the Manley’s out, but it does bother me they played with that theory for a year and I feel bad for James losing his job over it. Jmo

I understand the le had to check the Manley’s out, but it does bother me they played with that theory for a year and I feel bad for James losing his job over it. Jmo

Me, too... and things can hardly feel any worse than, not only losing your sister, daughter and grandchildren that way, but also being under LE's radar for it. I always wondered why and what LE had to make them put a hold on the Manleys for so long. I would be interested to know what light finally went on that turned everything in the other direction, too. Something clicked into place and then it must have gone down like dominoes from thereon. What relief the Manleys must be feeling now... thank goodness. I hope James got a better job than the one he lost.
ETA: PS... I listened to Leonard Manley speak for a few minutes and knew he was straight up. Listened to the 911 call and felt the same way about Bobby... genuinely shocked and just "beside herself in grief" at what she'd found. I knew nothing about James, but didn't see how he could come from the same family as LM and Bobby and just assumed he would not be at the scenes so soon after killing the very same people he was now finding. It was the first day of the year's turkey shoot. If he'd killed his own family, he would not have been home imo... he would have left the house at dawn and been somewhere in the woods, imo. Plus... I refused to believe he'd kill all those members of his own family and his niece with a new baby and the other children possibly being killed accidentally. I know some people do that very thing, but it just didn't "feel" like that at all imo.

Last edited:
Thanks. Great job. Now I wonder which two homes had to be exterminated due to bed bugs. I’m wondering how much more bizarre this case is going to get.

Killing of 8 BIZARRE FACTS/rumors

Please copy and add. I had to stop to be somewhere.

1. Kenny Rhoden followed during road rage incident called 911 prior to murders

2. At least 3 individuals changed plans to Stay at Rhodens the night of murders

3. Craziness over bio father of HR children

4. Alledged money spread over body of Kenny

5. Kenny shot a single time as opposed to the others

6. Dogs and children left unharmed

7. Security cameras taken

8. Rumor of confrontation at convienence store

9. Body(ies) moved
From where to where?

10. Rumor/fact CRSR died much earlier, showed signs of beating or torture

11. Violet Rhoden Taylor-murder or suicide

12. Walmart shoes purchased for purpose to imitate LM shoes for prints

13. Lack of evidence of pot grow

14. If CRSR shot through door which door

15. DR mysterious FB posts re evil ones

16. Texts the night of murders

17. FB posts night of murders

18. Possibility that Waggies ran a “hit for hire” and have previous similar murders

19. Why why go to Alaska when they could have moved to Canada and avoided death penalty

20. Were Waggies involved in buying/selling illegal guns through militia &churches

21. Did the killers beat torture CRSR to discover location of money stash. And did they find at least some$$$$$$.

22. Was Fredericka in on it from the first minute, first week or truly afterward? Yup a what did she know/do and when did she know/do it

23. Who might be John Doe as mentioned in indictment

24. Why were vehicles taken into evidence

25. Confidential informant work for or related to Waggies

26. Who was present at initial body discovery

27. Are Rhodens, DeWine, Reader and other’s (LE) in danger now after arrests and threats)

28. Which homes had bed bugs

29. Was DR and CRSR remodeling DR trailer

30. Is DS now divorced after wife found out about girlfriend

Please add the weird.

Shoes were mentioned. I don't know that boots were ever mentioned.

There was a little discrepancy with BJM's story only because she went home and got her brother JM when she found Chris and Gary... so her timing was off when reporting to LE who first arrived at the murder scenes. There was some extra time that didn't fit into her story (innocently but appeared suspicious.) LE arriving and finding JM already there looked suspicious to them, too, and, as we know, he did go into at least 1 property so it could have seemed he wanted to explain his DNA on door knobs or wherever. As for Leonard... did LE try and frame him or did they just assume he knew what was going on (as they are now saying about the 2 grandma's.) I'm not sure about Leonard's "part" they suspected he might have played. Then there were the reported text messages between JW and JM which I still don't understand but it might be that was some of the fancy electronic device work... ie; making it look like JM was in the area texting to JW. That would seem to implicate JW, too, though, in my mind... so, that theory I still don't understand. However, it has been speculated that the red truck JM ending up with, that had possibly belonged to the W's might have been used in the murders. "Webs" get very weaved and tangled up, indeed. I'm just glad that LE untangled things and the Manleys are no longer on their radar.
ETA: It might also be that they thought JM and LM were way over the top angry about their towing JM's truck away. Now... were it me, and I was innocent... I would have told LE I understood they needed to check out my vehicle. (Do anything you have to do to find who did this.) Maybe all the fussing done by LM didn't really help his image of innocence that day although, in retrospect, it all made sense and I do understand his emotions that day.

Where was it said BJ went home and got her brother. I don't recall ever seeing that anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member