OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I so agree about the courage needed factor. I have also considered what LE may have encountered had they arrested the 4Ws at their home. Wonder if it might have turned into a big shoot out. Do you see daddy W surrender willingly? I don’t. I think they would have loved taking LE out.
TRUDIE bbm, Coincidentally, I made some notes when Sheriff Reader spoke at the press conference: 1. About viewing the crime scene, "...images of the bodies. I can never erase them"
2. The length of the investigation, "We have been patient when is was painful to be" {patient}
3. About evidence: "They left traces, they left a trail. The parts to build a silencer, the forged documents, the camera, cellphones all that they tampered with and the lies...all the lies they told us."
4. And about using caution during the arrest: "I've seen their work. I know what they are capable of." Powerful words. I attached a short video (only 1 min. 47 seconds) that covers most of what I quoted above.

Last edited:
I think they had constant surveillance on them til they could get them as separated as possible. GW3 had a tail all the way to Lex. They probably wanted to make sure that the children, farm workers, surrounding tenants, and GW3's sister, were in as much of a position of safety as possible. She seemed so very calm during the arrest. At any rate, considering the W's "If We R Caught" plan, I could see how going in on all of them at once could have ended badly for everyone involved.

The trailer wasn't purchased by CRSR as new, nor did it get delivered. It had been on that property for a few years. Chris's sister, (Brenda's) in-laws used to own it.. Weisel's.

Thanks for that information. I recall someone here doing research into the previous owners, but didn't realize they were related to someone in the Rhoden family. Not that it makes a difference in anything, but I always assumed it was someone CR1 and Dana knew.

IMO to be thinking you could get away with 8 murders, it is hard to be believe there wasn't another murder or murders in the past where they didn't get caught. How can they be so emboldened? They sound as mean as snakes, the whole lot of them. Also, wondering how they walked around in the dark in the trailers, did they have infrared lights or something? I also thought the CI was one of the six arrested because they were kept apart initially. Now, I don't know. I do think it was someone very close that lived in fear after what they overheard, IMO. And I think one of the W's ruled that family with an iron fist. Not sure who.

IMO to be thinking you could get away with 8 murders, it is hard to be believe there wasn't another murder or murders in the past where they didn't get caught. How can they be so emboldened? They sound as mean as snakes, the whole lot of them. Also, wondering how they walked around in the dark in the trailers, did they have infrared lights or something? I also thought the CI was one of the six arrested because they were kept apart initially. Now, I don't know. I do think it was someone very close that lived in fear after what they overheard, IMO. And I think one of the W's ruled that family with an iron fist. Not sure who.
For the "ruling iron fist", my opinion is GW3 for the reasons I mentioned in the previous thread. I am adding to it, his size. Altough wives have some magic to tame the biggest bulls.

His mother is an iron lady herself. I wonder how he behaved with her. Most likely with respect.

IMO, he had a tough chilhood with a strict family education at home. I think, it's possible he transmitted this to his own family.

It's just a feeling I get from the few pieces of information coming out.

ETA: do you see little GW3 and his sister running loose when they were children?

Last edited:
For the "ruling iron fist", my opinion is GW3 for the reasons I mentioned in the previous thread. I am adding to it, his size. Altough wives have some magic to tame the biggest bulls.

His mother is an iron lady herself. I wonder how he behaved with her. Most likely with respect.

IMO, he had a tough chilhood with a strict family education at home. I think, it's possible he transmitted this to his own family.

It's just a feeling I get from the few pieces of information coming out.

ETA: do you see little GW3 and his sister running loose when they were children?

BBM
I agree. I'd say they all did. No matter what they did off the farm, I bet they towed the line when she called. I've a feeling the name "Defiance Farm" may come more from moving away from Flying W, and having their own place, after what, three decades?

BBM
I agree. I'd say they all did. No matter what they did off the farm, I bet they towed the line when she called. I've a feeling the name "Defiance Farm" may come more from moving away from Flying W, and having their own place, after what, three decades?
I agree. Also, we know very little about his late father G2. He was sick in his last days.

According to his attorney, G3 left school very young by grade 7, if I recall. IMO, G3 likely worked on the farm with his father and mother. The farm was still young in those days, I would think there was a lot of hard work for G3 and G2.

If G3 lived on the family land all these years, he was most likely loyal to his parents. He would expect the same from his sons.

RSD, i searched for a definition of "Defiance". It means confrontation, unsubordination.

To me, "Defiance farm" resonates in the culture of the freemen movement or something like that. People solve their problems on their own, they stand their ground, authority of the state is a threat to freedom and so on.

I don't want to take the discussion where it should not, but I think it is in the culture of the family. The move to Alaska is not unrelated to it.

Last edited:
RSD, i searched for a definition of "Defiance". It means confrontation, unsubordination.

To me, "Defiance farm" resonates in the culture of the freemen movement or something like that. People solve their problems on their own, they stand their ground, authority of the state is a threat to freedom and so on.

I don't want to take the discussion where it should not, but I think it is in the culture of the family. The move to Alaska is not unrelated to it.

Agree on both counts although not enough to go on yet to say 100%. I do think they wanted to break away from Flying W. If not GW3, but the others. I could be wrong though. Note they did come back to OH. I just don't think they'd had what it took to venture out on their own. No business sense. I would love to read case files on these people.

Agree on both counts although not enough to go on yet to say 100%. I do think they wanted to break away from Flying W. If not GW3, but the others. I could be wrong though. Note they did come back to OH. I just don't think they'd had what it took to venture out on their own. No business sense. I would love to read case files on these people.
You might have a point with the break away though. We do not know how well he got along with his brother. We have nothing to discuss inside ToS.

Brothers can grow apart too and be loyal up to a certain point. I would not feel comfortable if my brother Calvin started to behave in consistency with what I read from GW3's tattoos...

JMO
Just wanted to add something I have been thinking about regarding the previous discussions about one of the defendants may have been hard of hearing. No reason to go into all that again but something I was thinking about is the murderer who did most of the shooting would not really want to wear any ear protection during the murders because it could limit the person from hearing if someone was waking up and moving around in other rooms. So a murderer is not likely to ever wear ear protection.

Its something I never have thought about before and it could cause hearing damage if someone was shooting lots of shots like those murders. Even if the person was experienced with guns its not likely they would wear ear protection and the more shots the more damage to the hearing most likely.

The murderers in this case obviously did some preparation so its kind of interesting to think about whether they thought of using ear protection and then realized they could not so that they could hear if anyone was getting woken up in another room or something.

Not sure if we will ever hear any details about this sort of thing unless they confess and talk about it.

Just thought about this today and found it kind of interesting to think about.

Here is a lot of IMO........... they would be almost HAVE to be wearing SOME kind of hearing protection because the first shot in an enclosed space will make your ears ring; hearing loss would be worse than having your ears plugged. If they didn't use ANY hearing protection they would hear less as the shootings progressed and maybe even be half deaf for the rest of the night (if not for the next couple of days).

I said that to say this: most shooters I know use acoustic filters, which is hearing protection that allows normal hearing until a loud noise (gunshot, whatever) seals them. Normal hearing is returned after the noise stops. Full sized hearing protection (they look like headphones) is available as well as smaller sizes (they look like earbuds).

If a noise suppressor was NOT used during the shootings some of the victims would wake up from a dead sleep trying to figure out what was happening and unable to hear to boot. I'm not saying they shot any of the victims without using a suppressor, but if they did it would be comparable to a cougar making a loud roar before pouncing on it's prey; the sudden noise paralyzes the prey for a few seconds.

On the other hand we can throw this entire post out if each shooter used a suppressor and the noise was minimal.

Anyways, this link is one example of hearing protection I'm referring to:

https://www.amazon.com/DUBS-Noise-Cancelling-Music-Plugs/dp/B00NW1IZ5Q

I

Iirc, Angela knew DR was getting a new trailer. They purchased it well before it was delivered & set up.
Ridiculous to be so jealous of someone’s home.....

I believe that DR's new home was an already existing trailer that had been sitting on that property for years. In fact it had been built onto. CR1 bought the home from a relative who had lived there for years. We just call it "new" because it was a new residence for her, not because the trailer house its self was new. So I am not sure what you mean about it being delivered and set up?

TRUDIE bbm, Coincidentally, I made some notes when Sheriff Reader spoke at the press conference: 1. About viewing the crime scene, "...images of the bodies. I can never erase them"
2. The length of the investigation, "We have been patient when is was painful to be" {patient}
3. About evidence: "They left traces, they left a trail. The parts to build a silencer, the forged documents, the camera, cellphones all that they tampered with and the lies...all the lies they told us."
4. And about using caution during the arrest: "I've seen their work. I know what they are capable of." Powerful words. I attached a short video (only 1 min. 47 seconds) that covers most of what I quoted above.

Reader had lots of issues to work to fix when he became Sheriff. His department was a mess. He had JJ to deal with. I'm sure this case blindsided him. The murder scenes had to be horrific to anyone with a sense of humanity. I would think every first responder was deeply affected with what they saw. I've also always thought his hands were tied on this case and he couldn't move on it as fast as he wanted because DeWine was in control. Can you imagine how it would be if he was sure early on who did this and couldn't do or say anything? Hearing rumors that people thought, including me, there was a cover up by his department? People asking why nothing was being done? Waiting 2 1/2 years for DeWine and Junk to say "bring 'em in"? This all had to have an affect on him.

Yes, it had to have been horrific for everyone involved. My read on it, from a distance, is that DeWine and Reader did the right thing by keeping a lid on the investigation despite what must have been enormous pressure from the media and the community.

I believe that DR's new home was an already existing trailer that had been sitting on that property for years. In fact it had been built onto. CR1 bought the home from a relative who had lived there for years. We just call it "new" because it was a new residence for her, not because the trailer house its self was new. So I am not sure what you mean about it being delivered and set up?

Yes, that's correct; the house was there for years...
Granted, the photography was crappy in 2004 but you can see that the entire home (plus attached buildings) on Dana's property was there way back in 2004. I also got a photo from 2015. The home has been there since at least 2004, which is as far back in time as my version of Google Earth goes.
(I wonder if Trudie isn't thinking of having read about Chris Sr's big building being brought onto his property and being set up. Because, I remember when that was discussed here on WS long ago.)

Photo #1) Home is gone 2018
Photo #2) Home in 2015
Photo #3) Home in 2004

Attachments

• DANA'S HOME GONE 2018.jpg
    DANA'S HOME GONE 2018.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 75
  • DANA'S HOME 2015.jpg
    DANA'S HOME 2015.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 78
  • DANA'S HOME 2004.jpg
    DANA'S HOME 2004.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Here is a lot of IMO........... they would be almost HAVE to be wearing SOME kind of hearing protection because the first shot in an enclosed space will make your ears ring; hearing loss would be worse than having your ears plugged. If they didn't use ANY hearing protection they would hear less as the shootings progressed and maybe even be half deaf for the rest of the night (if not for the next couple of days).

I said that to say this: most shooters I know use acoustic filters, which is hearing protection that allows normal hearing until a loud noise (gunshot, whatever) seals them. Normal hearing is returned after the noise stops. Full sized hearing protection (they look like headphones) is available as well as smaller sizes (they look like earbuds).

If a noise suppressor was NOT used during the shootings some of the victims would wake up from a dead sleep trying to figure out what was happening and unable to hear to boot. I'm not saying they shot any of the victims without using a suppressor, but if they did it would be comparable to a cougar making a loud roar before pouncing on it's prey; the sudden noise paralyzes the prey for a few seconds.

On the other hand we can throw this entire post out if each shooter used a suppressor and the noise was minimal.

Anyways, this link is one example of hearing protection I'm referring to:

https://www.amazon.com/DUBS-Noise-Cancelling-Music-Plugs/dp/B00NW1IZ5Q

BBM
Agree. They'd be stunned awake. It's dark, loud noises reverberating, disorienting sounds and smells, someone is in their home.

I believe the Ws probably wore some sort of ear protection. I can still hear when I wear mine, it just muffles the damaging level of noise made by the gunshots. As avid hunters, and the level of planning they went to, I'd guess that they had impulse ear protectors, at the very least, or muffs of some type. Probably had them from years of hunting and target practice.

ETA: I also wonder if they had tactical lights on their firearms. No need for headlamps or turning on lights.

I do wonder if anyone ever tested the infants hearing? Being as they were so close to such loud blasts. Their auditory system is more sensitive than adults.

Last edited:
Yes, that's correct; the house was there for years...
Granted, the photography was crappy in 2004 but you can see that the entire home (plus attached buildings) on Dana's property was there way back in 2004. I also got a photo from 2015. The home has been there since at least 2004, which is as far back in time as my version of Google Earth goes.
(I wonder if Trudie isn't thinking of having read about Chris Sr's big building being brought onto his property and being set up. Because, I remember when that was discussed here on WS long ago.)

Photo #1) Home is gone 2018
Photo #2) Home in 2015
Photo #3) Home in 2004

Thanks. Great job. Now I wonder which two homes had to be exterminated due to bed bugs. I’m wondering how much more bizarre this case is going to get.

Killing of 8 BIZARRE FACTS/rumors

Please copy and add. I had to stop to be somewhere.

1. Kenny Rhoden followed during road rage incident called 911 prior to murders

2. At least 3 individuals changed plans to Stay at Rhodens the night of murders

3. Craziness over bio father of HR children

4. Alledged money spread over body of Kenny

5. Kenny shot a single time as opposed to the others

6. Dogs and children left unharmed

7. Security cameras taken

8. Rumor of confrontation at convienence store

9. Body(ies) moved
From where to where?

10. Rumor/fact CRSR died much earlier, showed signs of beating or torture

11. Violet Rhoden Taylor-murder or suicide

12. Walmart shoes purchased for purpose to imitate LM shoes for prints

13. Lack of evidence of pot grow

14. If CRSR shot through door which door

15. DR mysterious FB posts re evil ones

16. Texts the night of murders

17. FB posts night of murders

18. Possibility that Waggies ran a “hit for hire” and have previous similar murders

19. Why why go to Alaska when they could have moved to Canada and avoided death penalty

20. Were Waggies involved in buying/selling illegal guns through militia &churches

21. Did the killers beat torture CRSR to discover location of money stash. And did they find at least some$$$$$$.

22. Was Fredericka in on it from the first minute, first week or truly afterward? Yup a what did she know/do and when did she know/do it

23. Who might be John Doe as mentioned in indictment

24. Why were vehicles taken into evidence

25. Confidential informant work for or related to Waggies

26. Who was present at initial body discovery

27. Are Rhodens, DeWine, Reader and other’s (LE) in danger now after arrests and threats)

28. Which homes had bed bugs

29. Was DR and CRSR remodeling DR trailer

30. Is DS now divorced after wife found out about girlfriend

Please add the weird.

Thanks. Great job. Now I wonder which two homes had to be exterminated due to bed bugs. I’m wondering how much more bizarre this case is going to get.

Killing of 8 BIZARRE FACTS/rumors

Please copy and add. I had to stop to be somewhere.

1. Kenny Rhoden followed during road rage incident called 911 prior to murders

2. At least 3 individuals changed plans to Stay at Rhodens the night of murders

3. Craziness over bio father of HR children

4. Alledged money spread over body of Kenny

5. Kenny shot a single time as opposed to the others

6. Dogs and children left unharmed

7. Security cameras taken

8. Rumor of confrontation at convienence store

9. Body(ies) moved
From where to where?

10. Rumor/fact CRSR died much earlier, showed signs of beating or torture

11. Violet Rhoden Taylor-murder or suicide

12. Walmart shoes purchased for purpose to imitate LM shoes for prints

13. Lack of evidence of pot grow

14. If CRSR shot through door which door

15. DR mysterious FB posts re evil ones

16. Texts the night of murders

17. FB posts night of murders

18. Possibility that Waggies ran a “hit for hire” and have previous similar murders

19. Why why go to Alaska when they could have moved to Canada and avoided death penalty

20. Were Waggies involved in buying/selling illegal guns through militia &churches

21. Did the killers beat torture CRSR to discover location of money stash. And did they find at least some$$$$$$.

22. Was Fredericka in on it from the first minute, first week or truly afterward? Yup a what did she know/do and when did she know/do it

23. Who might be John Doe as mentioned in indictment

24. Why were vehicles taken into evidence

25. Confidential informant work for or related to Waggies

26. Who was present at initial body discovery

27. Are Rhodens, DeWine, Reader and other’s (LE) in danger now after arrests and threats)

28. Which homes had bed bugs

29. Was DR and CRSR remodeling DR trailer

30. Is DS now divorced after wife found out about girlfriend

Please add the weird.
Jmo number 1 incorrect.

"Burned that new place down to the ground." This rather fits with LE removing all the trailers; betting they may have figured out this was what would happen. The purchasing of that trailer was a final straw, per se.
I don't understand why the W's were resentful of CR1's purchase of the trailer for DR. Could someone fill in this blank for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member