OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snip
Asst. Attorney General Angela Canepa said a confidential informant told them they were with the Wagners at Fredericka’s horse farm when a plot for revenge was discussed.

Grandmothers charged in connection to Rhoden family massacre to appear in court

“Told”

Confidential source. Not yet an informant. Huge legal difference. In the video she says source. Sorry we might hear something that clarifies it today. Although the two words can be interchanged, it could mean a wire or a recording even reverse electronic monitoring with LE monitoring it and testifying to authenticity. Or it could be a person. And the reason I’m so picky about it is that if we listen carefully today we might hear one of the attorneys accidentally or purposely clarify it.

I’m anxious to know if they had the farm up on wires. I can see that very possibility. But if they did I’ll bet each of them is trying like heck to remember what they said and who was there during every chat they had.

There could have been a number of ways to get that monitoring in there if they did. Probably with new tech I don’t know about. But it will be an interesting day. I think the defense will begin to try to eliminate what ever evidence they can, and if they have the backup warrants and affidavits are looking at each to see that they were properly prepared and that LE had probable cause to listen and or monitor.

As I said an interesting day or it could be nothing. Jake will at least get a walk and a ride and perhaps look around at the town where he will never walk free again unless FW delivers a miracle. Which could happen.

Last edited:
Confidential source. Not yet an informant. Huge legal difference. In the video she says source. Sorry we might hear something that clarifies it today. Although the two words can be interchanged, it could mean a wire or a recording even reverse electronic monitoring with LE monitoring it and testifying to authenticity. Or it could be a person. And the reason I’m so picky about it is that if we listen carefully today we might hear one of the attorneys accidentally or purposely clarify it.

I’m anxious to know if they had the farm up on wires. I can see that very possibility. But if they did I’ll bet each of them is trying like heck to remember what they said and who was there during every chat they had.

There could have been a number of ways to get that monitoring in there if they did. Probably with new tech I don’t know about. But it will be an interesting day. I think the defense will begin to try to eliminate what ever evidence they can, and if they have the backup warrants and affidavits are looking at each to see that they were properly prepared and that LE had probable cause to listen and or monitor.

As I said an interesting day or it could be nothing. Jake will at least get a walk and a ride and perhaps look around at the town where he will never walk free again unless FW delivers a miracle. Which could happen.

Yeah, I think all 4 have minimal road trips to look forward to.
But, it’ll be ok. They can enjoy long walks within the confines of razor wire and maybe see some wildlife, a squirrel or occasional bird & reminisce.

Thursday, Dec. 20th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 11am ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – in four county jails -- Pickaway, Franklin, Ross, and Delaware counties.
Only for *Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner (26) (former boyfriend of Hanna) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/27/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity & unlawful sexual conduct with a minor. (He’s accused of engaging in sexual contact with Hanna Rhoden when she was 15 & he was 20). Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
11/27/18: Arraignment hearing: Plead not guilty to all 23 charges. No bond per Judge. Defense asks to waive Speedy trial, granted by Judge. Next pretrial hearings on 12/20 & 1/24/19.
*George Washington "Billy" Wagner III (47), (Jakes’ father) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) & charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (12/4/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Was arrested in Lexington, Ky., remains in the Lexington Fayette County Jail as a “fugitive from another state” according to jail records. An extradition hearing will be scheduled for him.
12/4/18: Arraignment hearing: Plead not guilty to all 22 charges. No bond per Judge. Waives speedy trial. Next pretrial hearing on 1/17/19.
*Angela Jo Wagner (48) (Jakes’ mother) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) & charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/29/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
11/29/18: Arraignment hearing: Plead not guilty to all 22 charges. Waived speedy trial. Held without bail. Next pretrial hearing on 1/7/19.
*George Washington Wagner IV (27) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
11/28/18: Arraignment hearing: Plead not guilty to all 22 charges. Held without bail; waived speedy trial. Next Pretrial on 1/9/19.
Corrupt activity includes: Aggravated Murder, Aggravated Burglary, Unlawful Possession of a Dangerous Ordnance, Tampering with Evidence and Obstructing Justice, plus everything in Counts 1 thru 21. The indictment uses the qualifier and/or for these activities, meaning some could be guilty of one or all of these.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76) (Paternal grandmother) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) , charged & arraigned (11/15/18) with 1 count of perjury & 1 count of obstruction of justice. Plead not guilty. $100K Surety bond.
Wagner was released from the Pike County Jail Thursday (11/15/18) night on a $100,000 surety bond. To be fingerprinted at Pike Co Sheriff's office. To have no contact with any members of victims' family. Will be under electronically monitored house arrest. Should not leave her premises except for consulting with her lawyer, medical appointments, however she must document in advance any reason to leave which must be approved. Must notify pre-trial services officer when she leaves. May leave for court hearing. Not to use alcohol or controlled substances, she may take prescriptions prescribed by licensed physician. Had Arraignment hearing on 11/15.
On Tuesday (11/27/18), Wagner's attorney, James Owen, filed a motion to modify her bond "to allow her to leave her residence during normal work hours to travel to her place of employment."
*Rita Jo Newcomb (65) (Maternal grandmother) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged & arraigned (11/15/18) with 3 counts forgery, 1 count obstructing justice & 1 count perjury. Plead not guilty. $50K Surety bond.
DA alleges Newcomb lied to the Grand Jury & forged custody papers before the murders.
To place her under electronic monitor/house arrest. RN gives her mother's address. Court sets monetary bond at $50,000, will permit cash surety or 10% deposit. Will be under electronically monitored house arrest at her mother’s in South Webster, Ohio. To be put into Pretrial Services program. Can leave for medical emergencies, lawyer appointments, medical appointments. Must clear everything with Pretrial Services officer. Must keep Pretrial Services officer advised of her current address. With exception of medications prescribed by licensed physician for her, not to consume alcohol or controlled substances.
Had Arraignment hearing on 11/15. 11/20/18: Posted bond, released from jail.

I think it would be very good prior to every hearing. Awesome help.

great refresher For those of us to old or have over flowing memories this am.

I’ve wondered if FW asked to attend this one. I do not see thatbit would be allowed but since Jake is said to have been her favorite I thought she might. Mmbeing the favorite in the long term is quite often a handicap to growth and self reliance.

Snip
Asst. Attorney General Angela Canepa said a confidential informant told them they were with the Wagners at Fredericka’s horse farm when a plot for revenge was discussed.

Grandmothers charged in connection to Rhoden family massacre to appear in court

“Told”

If someone “told” authorities they heard revenge talk, it wasn’t the catalyst for arrests. Which, I never thought it was, it might have been the piece that ultimately made the DA confident he’d get indictments. Iirc, GJ was in June so there’s a good time span from that time until arrests.

No. I think they focused on the closest family members first. Lenny said BobbyJ took 3 polygraphs which she passed. He also said investigators asked her and James "how much did they pay you to kill your sister?" They were dialed in on the M's from the beginning. I don't think they centered on the 4W's until months later.

Maybe LE was like all the other residents around there, they just couldn't believe Fred and crew was involved.

But when talking about the subject of lying I think we should remember what Reader said at the presser "They left a trail of evidence. And all their lies. All the lies they told us."

JMO
M
They may have suspected the family first because that’s procedure. But I am convinced within a very few days the WAGGIES became the laser focus and no one else. It’s just weird that quite a bit of whatvwas said in social media turned out to be on the money. Especially the purchase of the Walmart shoes similar to LMs. In mid 2016 I’ve gone back and read references to suppressors, casing catchers. ( I can’t remember proper name) and hazmat suits.

At the time I paid no attention. But it seems to be quite a bit of evidence or at least clues to exactly what the indictments reflect.

M
They may have suspected the family first because that’s procedure. But I am convinced within a very few days the WAGGIES became the laser focus and no one else. It’s just weird that quite a bit of whatvwas said in social media turned out to be on the money. Especially the purchase of the Walmart shoes similar to LMs. In mid 2016 I’ve gone back and read references to suppressors, casing catchers. ( I can’t remember proper name) and hazmat suits.

At the time I paid no attention. But it seems to be quite a bit of evidence or at least clues to exactly what the indictments reflect.

Also, family best to answer “can you think of anyone the Rs we’re having problems with, anyone that wanted revenge” and, as close as the family is, they knew the direction to point LE.
Often, the public feels investigations are not being worked, if no info is provided. Unless there’s a BOLO or Amber Alert, there’s nothing for LE to tell us.
Another thread/case I’m reading, people are wondering why they can’t help LE by providing their theory. Duh.

from the article posted earlier (#497):
Pike Co. Massacre: New details could come out in court Thursday

Newcomb is also charged with forgery and Fredericka Wagner is accused of engaging in at least one of the revenge conversations at her farm.

Both are out on bond and house arrested, but Wagner has asked the court to reconsider her case so she can leave home to go to work.

The judge is expected to render a decision on that when she appears at her pre-trial hearing next month.

Can anyone find a recent case in Pike County for her? She has a ton of others, but nothing on this case, or am I missing something. And if you have a link, could you please post to see if I have the correct one & have access to it?
I'd like to keep my list update to date! :)

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-057.gif

Niner, the only recent case & only criminal case I found for her is her arraignment. She returns to court 01/10/19

upload_2018-12-20_18-2-40.jpeg Trudie!

Do you have a link where you found that? I want to see if it's the same as mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
euvin3582