OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be very interesting to see how this unfolds....

Wagner’s attorneys began the lengthy legal process of trying to get information from the prosecution on the case. The bill of particulars seeks to determine exactly what role Wagner allegedly played in the Rhoden family murders.

For example, on the charge of murdering Kenneth Rhoden, they want to know if the state is accusing Wagner of having a firearm on his person or under his control, but not in his personal possession

No-snitching zone sought in Pike County massacre case

BBM

This could mean that Jake is saying he wasn't even there when Kenny was killed. That could answer some questions for us on who killed who.

JMO

Jake and Angela were interviewed five times from May 2016 through May 2017. Two of the interviews were video interviews that were conducted the same day their former home in Adams County was searched by BCI agents.
Jake Wagner appears in court, some evidence turned over to his attorneys | WKRC

BBM

Does this mean the interviews were done in Alaska? IIRC they were already in Alaska when the properties were searched.

I agree Dudly. I've been thinking on that move a lot. The Pocket Beagle kennel was originally listed at 845 Bethel. When they moved, the Pocket Beagles went to Peterson, too. Their ad from the Bethel location states they raised the dogs on a 600 acre farm. I wonder if they already had some of the animals, where they lived at Bethel, and moved them to Peterson.

Why, would one up and move, if they have a nice home, (from the fly over appearances), sitting on 600 acres? Why move in with their children? They'd lived there since the boys were very young. If the parents followed the children, that's very odd, unless there was a specific reason. What could it be? Could the parents have had the boys use their clean credit, (young and starting their own business), to obtain the farm for them all? If so, why there, in a home that would be cramped for six adults, (one a fiance, and another a wife), and two toddlers?

Ad for MM Pocket Beagles in Lucasville;
TEENY TINY POCKET BEAGLES!!!!!!!

Ad for MM Pocket Beagles in Peebles;
Muddy Mountain Pocket Beagles - Peebles, usa

I also found this a tad interesting. When I was checking out the Bethel address, an unexpected resident popped up. I thought it might be a fluke, but I saw him associated with it on another site. Mittens, the local guide popped up again.

I thought the email was interesting. w4rrp.

I think it was a couple three reasons:

1. Those kids meant everything to them. One they had coerced from the mother the second murdered 8 people to get her.

2. I think they were being watched every minute of the time after LE knew they had done this. And I think they were upon wires as well.

3. It’s very possible they did have agencies in Ohio and Alaska check.

I’ll bet the attorney who claimed the Waggies were being harassed feels pretty deceived and stupid right now.

1. Those kids meant everything to them. One they had coerced from the mother the second murdered 8 people to get her.

2. I think they were being watched every minute of the time after LE knew they had done this. And I think they were upon wires as well.

I’ll bet the attorney who claimed the Waggies were being harassed feels pretty deceived and stupid right now.

BBM

I notice that he is not on the defense teams.

If wnyon sees copies of motions let m know post a link. I want to keep rad them and at least one tv station appeared to show a couple paragraphs.

Thanks.

Charlie, if you’re referring to John Clark, he represented Fred at her arraignment. It looks to me like he’s been her counsel forever.

Rsd, if you know, did AW/G3 move to Peterson after the death of 3’s dad?

According to their pastor in AK they had been planning that move to AK for a couple of years.

JMO
Morning RAISIN... So glad you brought up the Alaska pastor:mad::mad: The pastor probably just repeated what he was told. For the life of me, I do not know why "members of the clergy" find it necessary to give "pronouncements to the public/press." Have you ever heard a pastor say, "Well yes, they are members of my congregation, but we wouldn't rust them to count Sunday tithes."? Or, "The perp confessed to me in private." I've been so conflicted about clergy immersing themselves into investigations. I have come to the conclusion their statements are about as helpful and distracting as interviewing someone's first grade teacher as a reliable resource of current events.
TOS I think a lot of our clients don't like the process, but they love our work/results.:);) Love my job like a drake loves water.:D

Morning RAISIN... So glad you brought up the Alaska pastor:mad::mad: The pastor probably just repeated what he was told. For the life of me, I do not know why "members of the clergy" find it necessary to give "pronouncements to the public/press." Have you ever heard a pastor say, "Well yes, they are members of my congregation, but we wouldn't rust them to count Sunday tithes."? Or, "The perp confessed to me in private." I've been so conflicted about clergy immersing themselves into investigations. I have come to the conclusion their statements are about as helpful and distracting as interviewing someone's first grade teacher as a reliable resource of current events.
TOS I think a lot of our clients don't like the process, but they love our work/results.:);) Love my job like a drake loves water.:D

Good morning IQ. I agree with you about the pastor. I think he was kept totally in the dark by the 4W's. I am wondering if Jake's fiance mentioned in one of the news articles could have been from that church.

O/T
BBM
I think a lot of our clients don't like the process, but they love our work/results.

At least they keep coming back so they must like us or our work.

JMO

12/14/2018(1) DEFENDANT'S REQUEST FOR NOTICE OF STATE'S EVIDENCE PURSUANT TO OHIO R.CRIM. P. 12(E)(2) FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(2) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR DISCLOSURE OF EXCULPATORY AND IMPEACHMENT EVIDENCE FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(3) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR DISCLOSURE OF THE JUVENILE RECORDS OF PLAINTIFF'S WITNESSES FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(4) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO COMPEL DISCLOSURE OF AGGRAVATING FACTORS AND INFORMATION RELATING TO MITIGATING FACTORS FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(5) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO COMPEL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS TO TURN OVER AND ADVISE THE PROSECUTING ATTORNEY OF ALL INFORMATION ACQUIRED DURING THE COURSE OF INVESTIGATION FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(6) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR AN ORDER DIRECTING THAT A COMPLETE COPY OF THE PROSECUTOR'S FILE BE MADE AND TURNED OVER TO THE COURT FOR RVIEW AND TO BE SEALED FOR APPELLATE REVIEW, IF NECESSARY FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(7) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PROPERLY PRESERVE AND CATALOG ALL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(8) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO TRANSCRIBE THE GRAND JURY PROCEEDINGS PRIOR TO TRIAL FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR A PRE-TRIAL COPY OF THE TRANSCRIPT OF THE GRAND JURY PROCEEDINGS FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(10( DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO DISCLOSE NAMES OF GRAND JURY WITNESSES FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(11) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO DISMISS CAPITAL COMPONENTS OF THIS CASE DUE TO CONSTITUTIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LAW VIOLATIONS FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(12) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR ALL MOTIONS TO BE HEARD ON THE RECORD FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(13) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR RULINGS ON ALL MOTIONS NO LATER THAN THE START OF VOIR DIRE FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(14) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR A STENOGRAPHIC RECORD OF ALL COURT PROCEEDINGS IN THIS CASE FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(15) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO RECORD ALL SIDEBAR PROCEEDINGS FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(16) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR DAILY TRANSCRIPTS FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(17) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO RESTRAIN CERTAIN PARTIES FROM DISCUSSING THE CASE WITH ACCUSED FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(18) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PERMIT ACCUSED TO APPEAR IN CIVILIAN CLOTHING AND WITHOUT RESTRAINTS AT ALL PROCEEDINGS FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(19) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR A CHANGE OF VENUE FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(20) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO HAVE REASONS FOR DEFENSE OBJECTIONS AND REASONS FOR OVERRULING DEFENSE OBJECTIONS PLACED ON THE RECORD FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(21) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PROHIBIT ANY REFERENCES TO THE FIRST PHASE OF THESE PROCEEDINGS AS THE "GUILT PHASE" FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(22) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR A COURTROOM DECORUM ORDER TO ENSURE A FAIR TRIAL FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(23) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO SUBMIT A DETAILED JURY QUESTIONNAIRE FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(24) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR SPECIAL PROCEDURES TO INSULATE THE VENIRE AND THE EMPANELLED JURY FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(25) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR INDIVIDUAL SEQUESTERED VOIR DIRE ON DEATH PENALTY, PUBLICITY, AND OTHER ISSUES FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(26) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR ALTERNATING INDIVIDUAL VOIR DIRE FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(27) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR COMPREHENSIVE VOIR DIRE FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(28) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO HAVE THE COURT FOLLOW THE O.R.C. 2945.25(C) STANDARD FOR "DEATH-QUALIFICATION" OF VENIREPERSONS FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(29) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO EXCLUDE VENIREPERSONS WHO CANNOT FAIRLY CONSIDER MITIGATING EVIDENCE AND/OR WHO WOULD AUTOMATICALLY VOTE FOR DEATH UPON A FINDING OF GUILT IN THE CULPABILITY PHASE FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(30) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PROHIBIT THE STATE'S USE OF PEREMPTORY CHALLENGES TO EXCLUDE VENIREPERSONS WITH CONCERNS ABOUT IMPOSING THE DEATH PENALTY FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(31) DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING OHIO R. EVID. 803(8): LIMITED ADMISSIBILITY OF LAW ENFORCEMENT RECORDS FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(32) DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING THE INADMISSIBILITY OF PRIOR TESTIMONY FROM A WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(33) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO EXCLUDE ANY EVIDENCE RELATING TO OTHER CRIMES, WRONGS OR ACTS FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(34) DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT THE PREJUDICIAL DISPLAY OF TANGIBLE THINGS AND/OR PHOTOGRAPHS DURING TRIAL FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(35) DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO EXCLUDE PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE DECEASED FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(36) DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT VICTIM-IMPACT EVIDENCE DURING THE TRIAL AND, IF NECESSARY, THE MITIGATION PHASE FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(37) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO DETERMINE AND LIMIT PLAINTIFF'S SENTENCING PHASE EVIDENCE OUTSIDE THE PRESENCE OF THE JURY FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(38) DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT THE STATE FROM EMPLOYING PREJUDICIAL ARGUMENTS AND THEMES FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(39) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR INSTRUCTION THAT THE DEFENDANT BEARS NO BURDEN OF PROOF AT THE MITIGATING PHASE FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(40) DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING EVIDENCE AND ARGUMENTS RELATED TO ANY "MENTAL HEALTH" EVIDENCE PRESENTED IN MITIGATION FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(41) DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO LIMIT SCOPE OF ANY REBUTTAL EVIDENCE OFFERED BY THE STATE IN THE MITIGATION PHASE FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(42) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PROHIBIT THE PROSECUTOR FROM ARGUING AND THE COURT FROM GIVING INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING STATUTORY MITIGATING FACTORS NOT RAISED BY THE DEFENSE FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(43) DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING THE ADMISSIBILITY OF MITIGATING EVIDENCE THAT POST-DATES DEFENDANT'S ARREST FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(44) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO AVOID COERCIVE PRACTICES DURING MITIGATION PHASE DELIBERATIONS FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(45) DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT THE STATE FROM COMMENTING ON DEFENDANT'S UNSWORN STATEMENT FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(46) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PROHIBIT REFERENCES TO THE JURY THAT A DEATH PENALTY VERDICT IS ONLY A RECOMMENDATION TO THE TRIAL JUDGE FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(47) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO ALLOW THE DEFENSE TO ARGUE LAST AT THE MITIGATION PHASE FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(48) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR WRITTEN JURY INSTRUCTIONS AND AN OPORTUNITY TO REVIEW THEM BEFORE THE JURY IS INSTRUCTED FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F12/14/2018(49) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO INSTRUCT THE JURY TO CONSIDER MERCY IN ITS MITIGATION PHASE DELIBERATIONS, AND TO PROHIBIT THE PROSECUTOR FROM ARGUING THAT THE JURY SHOULD NOT CONSIDER MERCY FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F

Raisin

Where did you find these motion Titles to copy my friend. I can always find everything but not the complete motions and it’s driving me crazy. Today it’s a short trip.

This list is extensive and there are a few I’d like to read. I understand most of them. I think the judge is going to need a few more law clerks as well. Another court reporter and extra staff to make and distribute copies. And they might wish to locate a much larger courtroom along with a media area and a couple of cameramen who have a sense of propriety and decorum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member