OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
George had full custody of his son before the murders. The R's were not killed to get custody of George's son, the were killed to get custody of Jake's daughter.

We do not know why George had full custody of his son, but we do know when his ex wife filed to change that custody after he was arrested, he filed a motion to make her take a mental exam. That is in the court records in his divorce.

Does anyone know when G4 and TB were married, and when they divorced? TIA!

I have NEVER once said I do not think the death penalty should be invoked. I have given reasons why it is very possible that it will not be invoked. The main reason is the cost to the state of Ohio. You do not live here so it doesn't matter to you what it costs. I have only said the a plea deal for LWOP is VERY likely. IF the evidence is such that conviction is inevitable, the defense attorneys will request a plea for LWOP. The state will likely accept it due to the trial costs for a DP case. There is an automatic appeal on a death sentence so there is even more cost involved. Then appeals could go on for years and usually do. Then there is the possibility that one juror does not agree with the death penalty. If they get a hung jury what did all the money spent do? Nothing...
How much money do you think Ohio should spend to give them a death sentence and carry it out?
You can look through my posts all

The Legislature wrote the law and th you want and will not see anything where I have said that the DP shouldeycare tasked with allocating the funds($$$$) to implement the law.

Like it or not it’s the way it works. The dept of law (prosecutors can’t throw a hissy fit and say we ain’t gonna do it because it cost too much). The Legislature has to find the money to prosecute the law they write. So thevist is spread through out OHIO.

THE WAGGIESVdudnt violate a regulation implemented by Pike County Commissioners.

When, if guilty, each pulled it caused triggers to be pulled murderingvthe Rhodens they each violated OHIO REVISED STATUTES. the State of Ohio prosecutes.

Bumped for elegance of topic.

They sure have one heck of a family dilemma going on. Whew
IMO, this will be a game of Follow the Leader.
After one pleads, the remaining 3 follow suit.
Monkey see, monkey do.
I see them unable to think or function independently, only as a unit. Jmo

I a Donna think theys gonna plee.

Almost. It’s a very old name that reminds me of an old European word. I haven’t had this kind of trouble ever trying to remember something I so important. I try to recall it driving, bathing and just before I fall asleep.

Darn it anyway. My old survey friend died or I would ask him. He didn’t get past 5 th grade but knew everything or exactly how to find an answer. I’m going nuts over it and today it might be a short trip.
Cadastre?

Cadastre - Wikipedia

George had full custody of his son before the murders. The R's were not killed to get custody of George's son, the were killed to get custody of Jake's daughter.

We do not know why George had full custody of his son, but we do know when his ex wife filed to change that custody after he was arrested, he filed a motion to make her take a mental exam. That is in the court records in his divorce.

I'm aware George had full custody of his son prior to the murders. You said he had that custody "for good reason" so I asked you what that "good reason" might be. We know his grandmother was charged with forging custody documents but we've not been told details or the identity of the child. JMO

It’s possible the attorneys and JudgevDeering have discussed this. And all are thinking about how to resolve it. And ANGELA WAGGIE is innocent until she goes through a trial. Whatever she did to have the judge again order no contact may have sealed her fate regarding consideration they may have had regarding a final visit.

If that visit resulted in anything bad, it would be a negative slash on the case itself. If she had someone who tried to work an escape, or if anyone got so much as a scratch.

AND NO ONE WAS GRANTED A FINAL GOODBYE TO;

Hanna Rhoden, age 19

Chris Rhoden Jr, age 16

Frankie Rhoden, age 20

Hanna GILLEY, age 20

Dana Rhoden, age 37

Christopher Rhoden age 40

Gary Rhoden, age 38

or

Kenney Rhoden, age 44

Their last words to family and loved ones are the words said in the days prior to the murders. No one can change that.

I'm trying to hold my emotions in check but what you say about no final goodbyes for the Rhodens and Hannah Gilley is ---just overwhelming.

I don't get it. Strangers who got to know them through their Facebook's and through all their photos, Dana's flip-o-gram etc....

.....Feel more attached to those 8 then do the Wagners who knew them for many years, HR even lived with them!

I have no link readily available, so please don’t ask.

After copious reading on DP, imo, seating a DP jury is most problematic. The way I interpret the many articles is that a large number of the jury pool are auditioning, saying what they must, in order to be seated.
Again, moo.
I tend to agree, that many people might seek notoriety or hope to hang a jury.

I'm aware George had full custody of his son prior to the murders. You said he had that custody "for good reason" so I asked you what that "good reason" might be. We know his grandmother was charged with forging custody documents but we've not been told details or the identity of the child. JMO
I don't think I said "good" reason. I thought I said there is a reason. Maybe I did. I don't know. I am too lazy today to go back and look.

What I meant by there is a reason he had custody in the first place is that the judge had to have some basis to award full custody to him. That basis could be because the mother did not ask for custody. She may not have asked for custody for several reasons. Such as she worked long hours, she couldn't afford to care for him, she didn't have a suitable home for him. She could also have felt she was not emotionally able to care for him. Or she could have been threatened and been too afraid to ask for custody. Those are just a few reasons she may not have asked for custody.

JMO

An Associated Press analysis of the 334 capital indictments filed in Franklin County, Ohio, found that only 16 (5%) of the cases ended with a death sentence. Of those sentences, two have been reduced to life in prison without parole, one man died on the row, and two men were executed this year. Research shows that of the remaining Franklin County cases, 183 cases (55%) ended in plea agreements, and in 111 cases (33%) juries or three-judge panels convicted the offenders but did not sentence them to death. In 45 of those 111 cases, offenders were convicted of lesser charges, and in the remaining 44 cases that went to trial, the juries convicted the offenders of crimes that carried the death penalty but chose prison terms instead. According to Ohio State University Professor Doug Berman, the death penalty “remains a relatively rarely used sanction” in Ohio and to the average prosecutor “it’s a mechanism that allows them to enter plea negotiations in a stronger position.” According to prosecutor Ron O’Brien, a change in state law that guaranteed life without parole in capital cases has been a factor in plea negotiations. (Associated Press, April 6, 2004) See Life Without Parole.

DPIC | Death Penalty Information Center

This is an older article

An Associated Press analysis of the 334 capital indictments filed in Franklin County, Ohio, found that only 16 (5%) of the cases ended with a death sentence. Of those sentences, two have been reduced to life in prison without parole, one man died on the row, and two men were executed this year. Research shows that of the remaining Franklin County cases, 183 cases (55%) ended in plea agreements, and in 111 cases (33%) juries or three-judge panels convicted the offenders but did not sentence them to death. In 45 of those 111 cases, offenders were convicted of lesser charges, and in the remaining 44 cases that went to trial, the juries convicted the offenders of crimes that carried the death penalty but chose prison terms instead. According to Ohio State University Professor Doug Berman, the death penalty “remains a relatively rarely used sanction” in Ohio and to the average prosecutor “it’s a mechanism that allows them to enter plea negotiations in a stronger position.” According to prosecutor Ron O’Brien, a change in state law that guaranteed life without parole in capital cases has been a factor in plea negotiations. (Associated Press, April 6, 2004) See Life Without Parole.

DPIC | Death Penalty Information Center

This is an older article
How many were acquitted?

I wonder if those two fights were CRsr and GWIII, or when they ran off the kids and when the guy's false teeth got broken. Was there a total of four fights or just two? As always, so many possibilities in this case.

Violent Rhoden Brothers Met a Violent End in Ohio Massacre

As you can see from the dates in this article, the teeth knock out fight happened in May 2015. The article was written in April 2016 and the writer says the fight happened "last May" which would be 2015.

So that being the case, this is not one of the 2 fights the Sheriff was talking about. Sheriff Reader said there were 2 fights not reported BEFORE the murders.

Also---and I'll look this up..... (I also told you previously that I'd look up Jake saying he "didn't kick in HR's door").....the article about the kids getting run off.

That did happen before the murders but it wasn't a fight, it was just a confrontation. A car full of young guys were on UHR when they met up with a bunch of guys on foot carrying some type of weapons. (Do not know if guns were involved).

They were going to or tried to pull the driver out but he got away. Close call but not an actual fight.

So we are back to square one. It still could have been the Wagner men fighting with the Rhoden men or fighting with Chris.

Cool Cats, you’re a mind reader.
I was getting ready to look up the kick the door link.
So glad you are......
I think about ten days ago, we discussed it.

Cool Cats, you’re a mind reader.
I was getting ready to look up the kick the door link.
So glad you are......
I think about ten days ago, we discussed it.
Please try to look it up also! Dudly has me busy these days...LOL....!!!!!!!

As you can see from the dates in this article, the teeth knock out fight happened in May 2015. The article was written in April 2016 and the writer says the fight happened "last May" which would be 2015.

So that being the case, this is not one of the 2 fights the Sheriff was talking about. Sheriff Reader said there were 2 fights not reported BEFORE the murders.

Also---and I'll look this up..... (I also told you previously that I'd look up Jake saying he "didn't kick in HR's door").....the article about the kids getting run off.

That did happen before the murders but it wasn't a fight, it was just a confrontation. A car full of young guys were on UHR when they met up with a bunch of guys on foot carrying some type of weapons. (Do not know if guns were involved).

They were going to or tried to pull the driver out but he got away. Close call but not an actual fight.

So we are back to square one. It still could have been the Wagner men fighting with the Rhoden men or fighting with Chris.
We don't know who it was. But i think it's fair to say the Rs were not always easy to deal with.
I would guess, if you were in trouble with one of them, you were in trouble with several of them.
If we were to learn there were words and scuffles with the Ws, I would belive it. Although, no written facts specifically mentioning the Ws. So far.

Great analysis. I personally think the two fights mentioned by Reader were altercations between Chris, Kenny, Billy and George.

Didn't Reader say in the two weeks before the murders?

JMO

I'm trying to hold my emotions in check but what you say about no final goodbyes for the Rhodens and Hannah Gilley is ---just overwhelming.

I don't get it. Strangers who got to know them through their Facebook's and through all their photos, Dana's flip-o-gram etc....

.....Feel more attached to those 8 then do the Wagners who knew them for many years, HR even lived with them!

It’s normal emotions on an interactive blog like this to become almost a friend if the deceased.

Normal but I work hard to keep it in check. The crime is done sleuthers develop theories with the facts publicly known, their jobs and life experience.

Some of us,me very included don’t know the laws that bind certain aspects of a case. That’s where conflict comes in.

But a bit of conflict is a good thing. It’s exactly why the USA was settled and some very wise people wrote our Constitutiin, the Bill of Rughts and the Declaration of Independence.

All documents we honor to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member