OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:mad::mad:
Great analysis. I personally think the two fights mentioned by Reader were altercations between Chris, Kenny, Billy and George.

Didn't Reader say in the two weeks before the murders?

JMO
He just said "before the murders" but I take that to mean pretty close to April 22nd 2016.

Yes it could have been Kenny involved or I think possibly Frankie, because Sheriff Reader said "SOME of the family were involved." Sounds like more than one Rhoden.

But again, we 're back to square 1.
Here's the link again for anyone who missed it previously.
Sheriff: Killers in Pike County may be locals

Last edited:
I don't think I said "good" reason. I thought I said there is a reason. Maybe I did. I don't know. I am too lazy today to go back and look.

What I meant by there is a reason he had custody in the first place is that the judge had to have some basis to award full custody to him. That basis could be because the mother did not ask for custody. She may not have asked for custody for several reasons. Such as she worked long hours, she couldn't afford to care for him, she didn't have a suitable home for him. She could also have felt she was not emotionally able to care for him. Or she could have been threatened and been too afraid to ask for custody. Those are just a few reasons she may not have asked for custody.

JMO
My guess is that she was threatened and too afraid to ask for custody so she caved to his demands. A guy who is able to sleep at night for years after executing 8 people is not a guy most women want to upset. Even now, he's still trying to intimidate her by demanding a psych exam. JMO

I can not make any sense of what you wrote since you wrote it over my post. That said I would love to see links to your claims over how Ohio operates it's judicial system.
I have absolutely NO CLUE what you are talking about saying PAs throwing hissy fits? I said the DAs will request the change and the state will approve it to save money. You can not take what I say and mix and match it to what you want it to say so you can say I am wrong. Apparently you can't wait till you comprehend what is written before your fingers are flying all over the key board to show you know more about it.

You posted this under my post, but just for the record this has nothing to do with me. I don't have a clue as to what your discussing.

Violent Rhoden Brothers Met a Violent End in Ohio Massacre

As you can see from the dates in this article, the teeth knock out fight happened in May 2015. The article was written in April 2016 and the writer says the fight happened "last May" which would be 2015.

So that being the case, this is not one of the 2 fights the Sheriff was talking about. Sheriff Reader said there were 2 fights not reported BEFORE the murders.

Also---and I'll look this up..... (I also told you previously that I'd look up Jake saying he "didn't kick in HR's door").....the article about the kids getting run off.

That did happen before the murders but it wasn't a fight, it was just a confrontation. A car full of young guys were on UHR when they met up with a bunch of guys on foot carrying some type of weapons. (Do not know if guns were involved).

They were going to or tried to pull the driver out but he got away. Close call but not an actual fight.

So we are back to square one. It still could have been the Wagner men fighting with the Rhoden men or fighting with Chris.

So, you are saying a fight involving the Rhoden boys in which the guy's false teeth were broken happened after they were murdered?

My guess is that she was threatened and too afraid to ask for custody so she caved to his demands. A guy who is able to sleep at night for years after executing 8 people is not a guy most women want to upset. Even now, he's still trying to intimidate her by demanding a psych exam. JMO
I agree.

To Charliegizmo49 I can't reply to the reply you made because you made your reply part of my post.
I can not make any sense of what you wrote since you wrote it over my post. That said I would love to see links to your claims over how Ohio operates it's judicial system.
I have absolutely NO CLUE what you are talking about saying PAs throwing hissy fits? I said the DAs will request the change and the state will approve it to save money. You can not take what I say and mix and match it to what you want it to say so you can say I am wrong. Apparently you can't wait till you comprehend what is written before your fingers are flying all over the key board to show you know more about it.

So, you are saying a fight involving the Rhoden boys in which the guy's false teeth were broken happened after they were murdered?
May 2015. In April 2016 the writer of the article said the fight happened last May which would be May 2015.

May 2016 hadn't occurred yet. The article was written the end of APRIL 2016.

I'm trying to hold my emotions in check but what you say about no final goodbyes for the Rhodens and Hannah Gilley is ---just overwhelming.

I don't get it. Strangers who got to know them through their Facebook's and through all their photos, Dana's flip-o-gram etc....

.....Feel more attached to those 8 then do the Wagners who knew them for many years, HR even lived with them!

I understand very well and feel the same. These past few weeks have been a huge relief that the cases are solved and surviving family members are finally going to see justice for their loved ones. Our burdens have been lifted here, as well.

At the same time, there's a great sadness. Until now, we've never had a chance here to mourn the passing of the Rhodens & Hanna Gilley. We're first consumed by horror at the extreme brutality of the murders, but after the criticism of the family and their way of life, the focus on intrafamilial homicide, false rumors of rampant drug dealing and other criminal activity made it difficult to fully acknowledge the terrible loss of innocent lives. I recall during the funerals worrying if I should post nice photos of the Rhoden/Gilley family here and express heartfelt sympathy.

Investigators kept nearly every detail of the murders shielded from the public, down to the most mundane facts. We're only beginning to understand the extreme brutality of these murders and the horrific suffering some of them experienced before passing. And all for the most mundane, trivial and selfish reasons.

As the details leak out now, it's a relief to feel great sadness and be overwhelmed at the sadness, brutality and loss of these victims. We can only imagine how terrible this has been and will continue for their family and friends.

JMO

Since we will be getting more info on a regular basis, maybe we should make a concentrated effort to stay on topic, to avoid confusion. Just an idea.

It’s not cool to cause a thread to shut down. Some of us have limited time to participate. It’s frustrating to finally find time to post only to find the thread closed due to TOS violations, bickering, someone telling someone what they may or may not post or repeated posts asking for a link. We all forget a link, from time to time. Obviously we all have WiFi and can google if we desperately need a link.
I can factually state it’s raining at my house. Really, do I need a link from our local meteorologist?

Moo

Staff names do not ever appear in a bill. FYI their bosses name is on the bill. Another reason it must be as near perfect as possible. Get in touch by conversation. I don’t reveal more publically.

I helped a patent attorney write up the description of a gear drive I designed one time. I didn't become an expert on the Patent Office doing that. It did have my name on it but I had to sign over the rights to it for $1.00.

I'm updating the timeline and was re-reading this article. I had forgotten about Prosecutor Canepa's remarks during Fredericka's arraignment asking she be denied bond because she participated in the "revenge" discussion with the others.

Rhoden family massacre: Prosecutor alleges Fredericka Wagner plotted revenge

Special Prosecutor Angie Canepa alleged a confidential informant told them of a meeting at Wagner's home with her family members where they had "conversations surrounding if one or more of them were arrested what the others were to do including taking revenge on those persons not arrested" and plans for escape. She also alleged they spoke of taking revenge on a special agent, Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader, and Attorney General Mike DeWine.

I wonder why the GJ didn't add a conspiracy charge to Fredericka's indictment? Maybe that's something the prosecution is holding back in order to put pressure on her?

Also, does anyone have a link to the articles that came out around Christmas time that mentioned dates when LE questioned the W's? TIA

ETA: This was a reaction in the courtroom to Canepa's argument

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/...g?width=1920&height=1440&fit=bounds&auto=webp

Last edited:
I'm updating the timeline and was re-reading this article. I had forgotten about Prosecutor Canepa's remarks during Fredericka's arraignment asking she be denied bond because she participated in the "revenge" discussion with the others.

Rhoden family massacre: Prosecutor alleges Fredericka Wagner plotted revenge

I wonder why the GJ didn't add a conspiracy charge to Fredericka's indictment? Maybe that's something the prosecution is holding back in order to put pressure on her?

Also, does anyone have a link to the articles that came out around Christmas time that mentioned dates when LE questioned the W's? TIA

I wonder if conspiracy is something they can use as a threat to be added if she does not cooperate fully. More charges can be added.
It does seem odd that it was not included unless they only can prove her involvement after the fact. But, it still seems that would be considered conspiracy.

Thanks Myland. That little area of counties is tricky. I've seen his add pull up as three different towns, with one zip, and all of them, fall, under Scioto, but if it's on Pike's PVA, then Pike it is! :cool:

I live close to a county line. My mailing address is a town in another county but my phone number is from the county I live in.

I wonder if conspiracy is something they can use as a threat to be added if she does not cooperate fully. More charges can be added.
It does seem odd that it was not included unless they only can prove her involvement after the fact. But, it still seems that would be considered conspiracy.

This is just speculation on my part, a guess:

1) LE had a recording device planted in FW's home. They recorded the conversation of the W's plotting how to escape jail if captured and killing DeWine and Reader. Recording maybe didn't pick up all of her remarks or sound quality wasn't enough. Perhaps she was sitting farthest from the mic.

2) Law would allow them to charge her because she was present, even if she didn't make any remarks.

Actually you might be on to something there. That Robin was upset by that no contact order was pretty obvious. Could she have been caught trying to give Angie clothes that had writing on them? A message from Fred maybe? If so Robin would have been scolded at the very least by the jailers. And reported to the prosecutors.

JMO

Pike Co. suspect must have no contact with co-defendants

In the above link at 1:21 you can see additional writing on RW's upper left thigh that seems to say: No Paper For Defend...Her [or The] Atty. Unlike the other parts of the writing on RW's pants, this part of the writing does not seem to be RW taking notes about the proceedings. It seems, IMO, to possibly indicate that Angela's attorney told RW not to give Angela any paper. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily