OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. It's interesting. I see no reason not to ask for it.

Maybe a one piece suit is his usual dress?

Have you seen how he is restrained? Is it usual?

I noticed the last two times he has had glasses in his pocket but it looks like he could not reach them, or put them on, if he wanted because of how he was restrained....

They video conference all visits so they wouldn't be able to do that. The visitor is in the lobby and they have to talk over a phone to the prisoner somewhere in the building.

Their mail is opened when they receive it. They scan the mail and then search for keywords such as jail break.

My worry would be passing messages from a different Pike County inmate and that person receiving the message by mail.

Thanks!

Betty P., I can't make out what he's saying, but it looks like he might discussing what has to happen with those hard-drives before they can proceed building a defense? G looks a bit more humble, or concerned, today, JMO.

Meanwhile, from out in left field .... What is up with the triangular shape in G's left hear? Hearing aid? Or just the weirdest ear I've ever seen?

And we all know those are messages coming from FR to Billy W and the rest of the W4. I'm surprised that the State and judge allowed RW to continue to communicate. They all said it would be ok, as long as she didn't discuss the case, etc with him. Does anyone thing that's going to be monitored? Maybe the State thinks they have a strong enough case that even FW can't derail it. I dunno?
Well all conversation with visitors are monitored, so my thinking is they might get more info from 're visiting

Betty P., I can't make out what he's saying, but it looks like he might discussing what has to happen with those hard-drives before they can proceed building a defense? G looks a bit more humble, or concerned, today, JMO.

Meanwhile, from out in left field .... What is up with the triangular shape in G's left hear? Hearing aid? Or just the weirdest ear I've ever seen?

Thanks!

Not sure about his left ear, maybe just weird shape of ear and shadow.

Link to article is below. He was released in 2014 after he was granted a retrial based on what happened. Instead of facing another trial he pled what is called an "Alfred Plea". In an Alford plea, a defendant doesn’t admit guilt but concedes that prosecutors have sufficient evidence to obtain a conviction. With the plea he was released and granted probation.

Man convicted of killing parents to be freed from prison
Thank you KCHMCBAZ, so kind of you to provide the update on the man JDO represented (? can't think of a word that fits the evil duality). It is more than scandalous.
From now on, I will never be able to look at him without thinking, "You deceived all the people who needed and trusted you the most."

Link to article is below. He was released in 2014 after he was granted a retrial based on what happened. Instead of facing another trial he pled what is called an "Alfred Plea". In an Alford plea, a defendant doesn’t admit guilt but concedes that prosecutors have sufficient evidence to obtain a conviction. With the plea he was released and granted probation.

Man convicted of killing parents to be freed from prison

Sandi McCall, a Galena therapist who has been treating Owen, said he has severe attention deficit disorder, a disability characterized by lack of focus, procrastination and impulsive actions “without thinking through the consequences.” She described Owen when he came to her as being “heavily burdened, extremely depressed, sad ... and shaken to his core by remorse.”

Sandi McCall, a Galena therapist who has been treating Owen, said he has severe attention deficit disorder, a disability characterized by lack of focus, procrastination and impulsive actions “without thinking through the consequences.” She described Owen when he came to her as being “heavily burdened, extremely depressed, sad ... and shaken to his core by remorse.”

Seems likely. He did something to really mess up his career. He seems to have recovered, professionally speaking. Must have all the right connections in Columbus. That said, most people (children and adults) with ADD are highly intelligent and capable of high achievement if they can manage their distractability.

Owen's bio on his web site shows he's prevailed in a lot of DP cases. Maybe the state went easy on him because it's so difficult finding DP qualified defense attorneys. Some of the stuff is classic Columbus - prosecutors losing fingerprint evidence against defendants when someone stole their briefcase from a downtown bar at night. In Columbus, it's all about low expectations and who you know. Just look at most of the Ohio Supreme Court.

Attorney James Owen | Koenig & Long LLC

Seems likely. He did something to really mess up his career. He seems to have recovered, professionally speaking. Must have all the right connections in Columbus. That said, most people (children and adults) with ADD are highly intelligent and capable of high achievement if they can manage their distractability.

Owen's bio on his web site shows he's prevailed in a lot of DP cases. Maybe the state went easy on him because it's so difficult finding DP qualified defense attorneys. Some of the stuff is classic Columbus - prosecutors losing fingerprint evidence against defendants when someone stole their briefcase from a downtown bar at night. In Columbus, it's all about low expectations and who you know. Just look at most of the Ohio Supreme Court.

Attorney James Owen | Koenig & Long LLC
He's Fred's attorney isn't he?
I am not sure if I would want him as my attorney if he can't pay attention for long periods of time. Trials are all about long periods of time.

JMO

He's Fred's attorney isn't he?
I am not sure if I would want him as my attorney if he can't pay attention for long periods of time. Trials are all about long periods of time.

JMO
Hiya RAISINSBACK... I would be concerned if I found out my attorney had a history of deception and not being ethical....no matter how smart & emphatic he seems in court. (To some extent, we all have a past.) It looks as if he and his client have a mutually agreeable client/atty situation. It appears most people in the courtroom don't even look in his direction anymore. ..IMO
the edit button is my friend

Last edited:
Hiya RAISINSBACK... I would be concerned if I found out my attorney had a history of deception and not being ethical....no matter how smart & emphatic he seems in court. (To some extent, we all have a past.) It looks as if he and his client have a mutually agreeable client/atty situation. It appears most people in the courtroom don't even look in his direction anymore. ..IMO
the edit button is my friend
I would be very concerned about his ethics but I would be more concerned if my attorney couldn't pay attention during long testimony.

I agree... him and Fred are two of a kind. They both practice deception. They deserve each other.

JMO

I noticed the last two times he has had glasses in his pocket but it looks like he could not reach them, or put them on, if he wanted because of how he was restrained....
Tonights nbc news columbus said one of the motions filed by his attorney today was for him to be able to appear in cilvian clothes for future court dates

And we all know those are messages coming from FR to Billy W and the rest of the W4. I'm surprised that the State and judge allowed RW to continue to communicate. They all said it would be ok, as long as she didn't discuss the case, etc with him. Does anyone thing that's going to be monitored? Maybe the State thinks they have a strong enough case that even FW can't derail it. I dunno?

I sure would hope it's being monitored. I don't think they have to be told if it is. Jmo

Tonights nbc news columbus said one of the motions filed by his attorney today was for him to be able to appear in cilvian clothes for future court dates

Come to think of it, they didn't discuss each motion, just said they were presented immediately before the hearing. Was it 41 motions? An awful lot if correct.

I bet Billy really wants to know what's on those hard-drives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hurt911official