OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you Cool Cat but think about it they ran around with flashlights or used something to find all the trail cameras, someone was looking out maybe on both ends of union Hill Road, they didn’t know who was going to drive by or stop in to visit, the killers had to make a bunch of mistakes that night JMO

Your point with flashlights and finding cameras is exactly what I was thinking. (Both at CSR and KR) This was very risky. Two way radios were recovered per Angela's discovery. So whether on the road, in a tree, or any number of places, I suspect someone was watching out.

Articles point to cameras at:
-at least two video cameras mounted to a building near the entrance of his trailer on Union Road. When motorists arrived at this driveway, a sensor would turn lights on, he said. “You could clearly see the cars and even the people inside," said Manley, sitting outside his home on Union Hill Road Tuesday.

-Kenneth Rhoden also had a video security system at his trailer at 799 Left Fork Road

-Chris had one even in a bird house, one of those shell cameras. We ain't heard on none of that either. Kenneth had cameras all over that place where he lived," Manley said.

If Leonard is accurate, it sounds like most time removing cameras could have been at KR's. JMO.

Pike County: Death in the foothills

Rhoden family members release video plea for information about killings
The trail cameras could have been removed earlier that day just saying the trail cameras usaly just recorded onto a card, does anyone else have an opinion, I’m really confused on how they had enough time to kill all these people and Rome around gathering all the cameras up without being scene if you look on the map they have close neighbors JMO

How do you think they got all the trail cameras from around the hillside, does anyone think they might have had more than 4 people involved? Just saying if you’re trying to cover all your tracks you got to have enough lookouts JMO

That's been bugging me. Another option could be they started taking them down earlier in the day or days previous. At least those that may only record to a SIM card. I doubt the rural area supported WiFi cloud based coverage. So taking one down here and there may not go noticed unless someone went out to check them.

However, why risk taking a cam in the woods unless you are entering that way? It seems that would be more work than necessary.

JMO.
-Also I haven't seen an article to support cams in the woods other than possibly KR's system.

People I have talked to locally well some of them aren’t sold that the W’s did it. But then they bring up the excuse that “well They haven’t been found guilty yet.”

Well no duh, everyone is innocent until they have a trial

The camera on your phone can detect the infrared light from another camera.

Even if they used their phone instead flashlights, that would take some time.

JMO- I think they started removing cameras before that night. At least those that aren't quickly visible to be missing. Then the VCR or DVR or whatever the main cameras were recording it were taken the night of the events.

LM and BJM imply KR had a much larger camera set up. Once again this makes targeting him such an added risk.

That's been bugging me. Another option could be they started taking them down earlier in the day or days previous. At least those that may only record to a SIM card. I doubt the rural area supported WiFi cloud based coverage. So taking one down here and there may not go noticed unless someone went out to check them.

However, why risk taking a cam in the woods unless you are entering that way? It seems that would be more work than necessary.

JMO.
-Also I haven't seen an article to support cams in the woods other than possibly KR's system.
Why risk taking a cam in the woods unless you were going in/out that way? Well why go to 4 separate locations? IMO they spent the time during the murders to take the surveillance equipment.

People I have talked to locally well some of them aren’t sold that the W’s did it. But then they bring up the excuse that “well They haven’t been found guilty yet.”

Well no duh, everyone is innocent until they have a trial

My opinions
If I lived in the immediate area, I would not be voicing a strong opinion either. (Though I believe LE has the right people in custody)
Even if the 4 Wagners are convicted, there is still FW.
No one in the area or beyond a certain radius, would want to be on her radar now or in the future.
And what if one or more (God forbid all 4 W’s) are found not guilty?
This in my opinion, is also why the trials can not be held in Pike County.
I think there is still fear on some level, and the fear may continue
We know the W’s think revenge is an option.

@Betty P would it be helpful to have a section in the header that includes the links to discovery but also has typed out the details so we don't have to keep goin into to the Scribed link? I know some run out of free "clicks" for various sites.
If so I can offer to assist.

Could 1 running summary of events be kept in the timelines thread, and only links to it and TOS be put at the beginning of each new thread? It seems like that might be much more efficient. That way, people who want or need to catch up on the case may do so, while those familiar with the case can begin further discussion?

Could 1 running summary of events be kept in the timelines thread, and only links to it and TOS be put at the beginning of each new thread? It seems like that might be much more efficient. That way, people who want or need to catch up on the case may do so, while those familiar with the case can begin further discussion?

I put together one in a post yesterday trying to only use cited info. It's up to the mods if it meets their criteria or they wish to use it in the timeline.
I think it's helpful to start to see things in date form and sequences as info is released. JMO

Your point with flashlights and finding cameras is exactly what I was thinking. (Both at CSR and KR) This was very risky. Two way radios were recovered per Angela's discovery. So whether on the road, in a tree, or any number of places, I suspect someone was watching out.
There was a full moon the night of 4/21/2016, 4/22/2016 and 4/23/2016.
Moon Phases Calendar for April 2016 - Calendar-12.com

Like its not his gun, not one of his possessions, he just borrowed it for the night? Wait. What?:confused:o_O

That's the way I read it. Not registered to him, not inherited by him (his possession), so borrowed or stolen??

I just hope and pray that they didn't somehow coerce any of the Rs to use their own weapon to hurt themselves by promising to let the others live. That would be some kind of seriously twisted evil. I am not suggesting that is the case, but that verbiage made me consider a Dad not wanting to, but harming himself to save his family? Would that fit the language? This case just makes me sick to my stomach.

Because HR was living with her mother, not her parents. Also likely because a mother allowing it to happen made it more of an "OK" thing to do?

Or, he wanted them both (Jake and HR) to be seen as independent adults so as to divert their attention away from the ongoing statutory rape?? Saying live with our parents doesn't sound very adult-like.

Additionally, that entire sentence is so stilted and clinical sounding, lacking feeling about HR. SMH

Because HR was living with her mother, not her parents. Also likely because a mother allowing it to happen made it more of an "OK" thing to do?
I agree. Phrasing it that way implied they were openly sleeping together with the knowledge and blessing of their mothers.

That's the way I read it. Not registered to him, not inherited by him (his possession), so borrowed or stolen??

I just hope and pray that they didn't somehow coerce any of the Rs to use their own weapon to hurt themselves by promising to let the others live. That would be some kind of seriously twisted evil. I am not suggesting that is the case, but that verbiage made me consider a Dad not wanting to, but harming himself to save his family? Would that fit the language? This case just makes me sick to my stomach.
What do you mean?

Much of what you say makes sense. I'm still not sure if Leonard was referencing S or K though. I don't remember him stating which child.

Is there an article link to the fight between Billy and CSR that has been referenced? If so, I would like to add it to the timeline. For now, I can't see it as fact if Kendra says nothing was off.

According to Kendra nothing seemed off. I would think she includes HR in this statement since they were reportedly like sisters:

Kendra Rhoden said nothing seemed amiss with her dad or other family members in the days leading up to April 22.

Pike County: Death in the foothills

Thankx.....

There is no specific article that comes right out and says that Billy and Chris Senior got into a fight. However, Sheriff Reader did say that LE discovered that there were 2 unreported fights before the murders and it's said within the context of involving the Rhoden family.

Also, I do remember reading an article that stated that both Billy and Jake went to the Rhodens to discuss custody. I do not expect anyone to take what I say as fact unless or until I can find the articles and link them.

I can look for the articles if anyone is interested in reading them. I wish I had known that I would want to access the articles now, 3 years on. Can you believe it's now been 3 years?

My 2 Cents... Yes LM was referencing only Sophia. Paternity had not yet been established for Kylie and custody depended on the paternity DNA test results.

And I do not for a minute think Jake thought (as he had stated)
there was a 50/50 chance he was Kylie's dad. Lies...:mad:...Hanna getting pregnant by another man was a driving force in the murders.

Jake said he thought it was just a phase for Hanna (their break up) and she'd come back to him. Fred said she considered them married, quite telling in her interview.

........Only My 2 Cents.........

Last edited:
Why risk taking a cam in the woods unless you were going in/out that way? Well why go to 4 separate locations? IMO they spent the time during the murders to take the surveillance equipment.

Do we know for certain that the cameras were physically taken or could they have only interfered with the image/audio capture function, transmission of data to storage device, or rendered the cams useless? If so, depending upon the device and data storage, a cam can be rendered in seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member