OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like its not his gun, not one of his possessions, he just borrowed it for the night? Wait. What?:confused:o_O
I think this means ‘ didhe have a gun that was used in the crime that he had at the time of his arrest/searches, or was this a gun that they say he used but wasn’t found in his possession?’ That’s how I would read that

Why did JW write:

"During our 2013 to 2015 co-habitation and exclusive romantic relationship, Hanna and I lived in either the home of my Mother or her Mother?"

Why didn't he say parents home?

Because HR was living with her mother, not her parents. Also likely because a mother allowing it to happen made it more of an "OK" thing to do?

POSTED ON APRIL 4, 2019 BY PORTSMOUTH DAILY TIMES
Wagner murder trials likely many months away

Wagner murder trials likely many months away - Portsmouth Daily Times

JAKE WAGNER in court April 4th

web1_jake-2a.jpg

Interesting. What does "personal possession" mean here?

Could it mean mean that KR was killed with his own firearm? Remember KR2's statement in the media related to "missing gun"?

It does sound like his gun was missing----Could they have taken his gun after they shot him, then used his gun in the UHR murders?

"........Kendra Rhoden wonders if the loaded gun her dad kept near his head while he slept was also taken. She also doesn’t understand why her light-sleeping father wasn’t startled awake before he was shot once in the right eye. To her, that indicates he must have known or trusted his killer.......... "

Ohio family clings to hope 3 months after 8 killed
meg%20vogel_1469316639043_4282653_ver1.0.JPG

Last edited:
It does sound like his gun was missing----Could they have taken his gun after they shot him, then used his gun in the UHR murders?

"........Kendra Rhoden wonders if the loaded gun her dad kept near his head while he slept was also taken. She also doesn’t understand why her light-sleeping father wasn’t startled awake before he was shot once in the right eye. To her, that indicates he must have known or trusted his killer.......... "

meg%20vogel_1469316639043_4282653_ver1.0.JPG

She also mentions "known or trusted his killers". Was Billy or another W4 possibly close to KR in addition to CSR?

If the big fight/custody blow up is fully accurate why would KR let one of them in? If he did intentionally. Could his camper have simply been unlocked? If one or more of the W4 had been coming around in the past that could explain getting past his dog.
Alternately, they could have lured his dog in some way.

I could go on with questions around KR, he still makes no sense to me if this was all about custody. I'm not of the belief yet he was killed because they took out everyone that knew of the possible custody battle.

Don't hate on me for this, but I can't get the below out of my mind if we are talking custody/children as the center of this.

"Hanna had named Kendra the godmother of her newborn, Kendra said. The proof, according to Kendra, is written inside the cover of a bible Hanna kept in her bedroom.

That reason, Kendra said, was to fulfill her promise to her cousin to take care of her newborn daughter in case something ever happened to her."

Kendra Rhoden: I could have been the ninth victim in Pike Co. family massacre

Side note- I wonder when this was written in the Bible. Would be interesting to see the date in the timeline.

I'm not accusing or implying Kendra of anything relating to involvement in the crime. I'm just pointing out I feel there is more to the story. Maybe what she is saying is accurate in the sense fate intervened.

Were they planning on her being there that night? Her words lead me to believe she would have known more than anyone about HR, her fears, and her children. Jody Barr's "could have been the 9th victim". Was she a target originally?
OR
Could Kendra have been a side pawn that they needed to save because her and Jake were still friendly? If so why be friendly if all the stories around custody are accurate?

Long rant I know, it's just an area that I feel for some reason is central if this was all about custody.

Last edited:
Why did JW write:

"During our 2013 to 2015 co-habitation and exclusive romantic relationship, Hanna and I lived in either the home of my Mother or her Mother?"

Why didn't he say parents home?

My guess is is he's trying to be as thorough and meticulous as possible. Just as the entire family has displayed since day 1.

Is anyone able to still access the Kendra interview with Fox 19? I'm not sure if I am having issues with the link or if it has been deleted.

Edit: it doesn't work through article but here is one on YouTube.

Last edited:
She also mentions "known or trusted his killers". Was Billy or another W4 possibly close to KR in addition to CSR?

If the big fight/custody blow up is fully accurate why would KR let one of them in? If he did intentionally. Could his camper have simply been unlocked? If one or more of the W4 had been coming around in the past that could explain getting past his dog.

I could go on with questions around KR, he still makes no sense to me if this was all about custody. I'm not of the belief yet he was killed because they took out everyone that knew of the possible custody battle.

Don't hate on me for this, but I can't get the below out of my mind if we are talking custody/children as the center of this.

"Hanna had named Kendra the godmother of her newborn, Kendra said. The proof, according to Kendra, is written inside the cover of a bible Hanna kept in her bedroom.

That reason, Kendra said, was to fulfill her promise to her cousin to take care of her newborn daughter in case something ever happened to her."

Side note- I wonder when this was written in the Bible. Would be interesting to see the date in the timeline.

I'm not accusing or implying Kendra of anything relating to involvement in the crime. I'm just pointing out I feel there is more to the story. Maybe what she is saying is accurate in the sense fate intervened.

Were they planning on her being there that night? Her words lead me to believe she would have known more than anyone about HR, her fears, and her children. Jody Barr's "could have been the 9th victim". Was she a target originally?
OR
Could Kendra have been a side pawn that they needed to save because her and Jake were still friendly? If so why be friendly if all the stories around custody are accurate?

Long rant I know, its just an area that I feel for some reason is central if this was all about custody.

About Kenny and the Wagners, as you can see from this map, KR was only a few miles down the road from the Wagner's Flying W Farm.
https://expo.advance.net/img/3230a5366b/width960/faf_map2.jpeg

I'm sure Kenny and the Wagner's knew each other very well and it would be easy for the Wagner's to go stop by Kenny's camper and give Brownie treats and have Brownie get comfortable with at least one Wagner.

Over those months of planning they were "cultivating" the dogs to be familiar with them. According to the indictment they studied the Rhoden's surveillance methods including the dogs.

I don't think Kenny let anyone in at 3:00am in the morning, if he had he would have been shot out of his bunk not in it. The Wagner's either knew how to get in and planned it out, or Kenny left the camper unlocked for one of them for some reason.

Despite custody, the Wagner's could still act friendly towards Kenny and Kenny would not be thinking he was in danger. Kenny was killed perhaps in part to look like a Cartel hit and in part because he would want revenge and might suspect the Wagner's and take matters into his own hands.

They did not pick their victims based on who knew about the custody fight. It's been written in MSM articles that friends and family and even their pastor said the custody situation was contentious. LM mentioned it right from the beginning.

The Wagners shot the people they wanted to shoot and if they wanted KR2 out of the picture she would be the 9th victim. The Rhodens were under heavy surveillance, I think the Wagners had their houses bugged and knew that KR2 was not spending the night.

And I think KR2 stayed friendly with the Wagner's because of Sophia. She had no choice if she wanted to be in Sophia's life and even be her godmother.

Also, don't underestimate Jake's inside knowledge of the Rhoden's movements. Problems or not, he would still be interacting with them because of Sophia and he could text Hanna at any time under the pretext of "parenting" when in actuality he is fishing for information, along with all the other surveillance.

I think they planned very carefully to pick just the "right" night when the 8 were home "alone". If the Wagner's were just going to randomly kill whoever just happened to be sleeping over, then the murders were not as sophisticated and meticulously planned as LE makes them out to be. DeWine and Reader feel they targeted those particular 8 victims......My 2 Cents........

Last edited:
About Kenny and the Wagners, as you can see from this map, KR was only a few miles down the road from the Wagner's Flying W Farm.

I'm sure Kenny and the Wagner's knew each other very well and it would be easy for the Wagner's to go stop by Kenny's camper and give Brownie treats and have Brownie get comfortable with at least one Wagner.

Over those months of planning they were "cultivating" the dogs to be familiar with them. According to the indictment they studied the Rhoden's surveillance methods including the dogs.

I don't think Kenny let anyone in at 3:00am in the morning, if he had he would have been shot out of his bunk not in it. The Wagner's either knew how to get in and planned it out, or Kenny left the camper unlocked for one of them for some reason.

Despite custody, the Wagner's could still act friendly towards Kenny and Kenny would not be thinking he was in danger. Kenny was killed perhaps in part to look like a Cartel hit and in part because he would want revenge and might suspect the Wagner's and take matters into his own hands.

They did not pick their victims based on who knew about the custody fight. It's been written in MSM articles that friends and family and even their pastor said the custody situation was contentious. LM mentioned it right from the beginning.

The Wagners shot the people they wanted to shoot and if they wanted KR2 out of the picture she would be the 9th victim. The Rhodens were under heavy surveillance, I think the Wagners had their houses bugged and knew that KR2 was not spending the night.

And I think KR2 stayed friendly with the Wagner's because of Sophia. She had no choice if she wanted to be in Sophia's life and even be her godmother.

Also, don't underestimate Jake's inside knowledge of the Rhoden's movements. Problems or not, he would still be interacting with them because of Sophia and he could text Hanna at any time under the pretext of "parenting" when in actuality he is fishing for information, along with all the other surveillance.

I think they planned very carefully to pick just the "right" night when the 8 were home "alone". If the Wagner's were just going to randomly kill whoever just happened to be sleeping over, then the murders were not as sophisticated and meticulously planned as LE makes them out to be. DeWine and Reader feel they targeted those particular 8 victims......My 2 Cents........

Much of what you say makes sense. I'm still not sure if Leonard was referencing S or K though. I don't remember him stating which child.

Is there an article link to the fight between Billy and CSR that has been referenced? If so, I would like to add it to the timeline. For now, I can't see it as fact if Kendra says nothing was off.

According to Kendra nothing seemed off. I would think she includes HR in this statement since they were reportedly like sisters:

Kendra Rhoden said nothing seemed amiss with her dad or other family members in the days leading up to April 22.

Pike County: Death in the foothills

Last edited:

OR

Long rant I know, it's just an area that I feel for some reason is central if this was all about custody.
Everyone keeps saying the dogs knew the killers that’s how they got by the dogs but something is not right with that story, if a owner of an animal is walking around outside at night and dogs are house dogs and if the dogs can hear them the dogs will bark at whoever until they know for sure to who they are barking at, why didn’t this alert the Rhodens, that’s why I believe the story that someone had on here a few post back about Jake or Angela knocking on the doors asking for help that maybe SW was sick or something to that fact, I also believe that Big Chris was killed first and some of the killers was using his trailer for a hideout until they could kill the rest of the family, Gary,Frankie,Hanna G,Dana,Hannah,Little Chris and the last was Kenny, JMO how the killing order happened, the autopsy reports indicated that Gary had the gun pressed against his head at the time he was shot, he could have walked thru the door and was surprised by the killers, but why didn’t the dogs bark at who was romping around outside in the dark and alerted Frankie and Hanna, or Dana’s dogs should have woke them, or the new born baby? A 4 day old baby in the house, everyone sleeps light just saying?
There is a lot more to the story that all of us is going to be surprised JMO.

Everyone keeps saying the dogs knew the killers that’s how they got by the dogs but something is not right with that story, if a owner of an animal is walking around outside at night and dogs are house dogs and if the dogs can hear them the dogs will bark at whoever until they know for sure to who they are barking at, why didn’t this alert the Rhodens, that’s why I believe the story that someone had on here a few post back about Jake or Angela knocking on the doors asking for help that maybe SW was sick or something to that fact, I also believe that Big Chris was killed first and some of the killers was using his trailer for a hideout until they could kill the rest of the family, Gary,Frankie,Hanna G,Dana,Hannah,Little Chris and the last was Kenny, JMO how the killing order happened, the autopsy reports indicated that Gary had the gun pressed against his head at the time he was shot, he could have walked thru the door and was surprised by the killers, but why didn’t the dogs bark at who was romping around outside in the dark and alerted Frankie and Hanna, or Dana’s dogs should have woke them, or the new born baby? A 4 day old baby in the house, everyone sleeps light just saying?

If it was quick, when were the security systems removed? If they did it that night, that's not quick in and out unless one of the W4 removes security while the others did the shooting. JMO

If it was quick, when were the security systems removed? If they did it that night, that's not quick in and out unless one of the W4 removes security while the others did the shooting. JMO

Very quick with the murders but meticulous afterwards in tampering with the crime scenes. They did everything at the crime scenes to tamper with evidence and hinder the investigation. They even moved bodies at Seniors. It would take time to remove security cameras and find their phones etc.... Too risky to do that first, unless one of them worked on dismantling the trail cams and other outside security while the other 2 went inside.

With KR sleeping with a gun in reach and a "vicious" dog in the house, he may not have felt a need to lock the door at night. He may also left it unlocked if he were expecting DS to show up as DS said he was supposed to do that night. Unless an added lock was installed, those campers are not that hard to breech. A credit card may get you in...

FR had hunting hounds. They bark at anything and everything at night. They were probably so used to hearing dogs bark that they didn't notice anymore. I lived less than a block from a main east/west railroad line. After a while they didn't wake me at night even with those air horns blaring past three crossings.

Very quick with the murders but meticulous afterwards in tampering with the crime scenes. They did everything at the crime scenes to tamper with evidence and hinder the investigation. They even moved bodies at Seniors. It would take time to remove security cameras and find their phones etc.... Too risky to do that first, unless one of them worked on dismantling the trail cams and other outside security while the other 2 went inside.
I agree with you Cool Cat but think about it they ran around with flashlights or used something to find all the trail cameras, someone was looking out maybe on both ends of union Hill Road, they didn’t know who was going to drive by or stop in to visit, the killers had to make a bunch of mistakes that night JMO

I agree with you Cool Cat but think about it they ran around with flashlights or used something to find all the trail cameras, someone was looking out maybe on both ends of union Hill Road, they didn’t know who was going to drive by or stop in to visit, the killers had to make a bunch of mistakes that night JMO

They did make mistakes or they would not have been arrested. Even DeWine said they made mistakes...

FR had hunting hounds. They bark at anything and everything at night. They were probably so used to hearing dogs bark that they didn't notice anymore. I lived less than a block from a main east/west railroad line. After a while they didn't wake me at night even with those air horns blaring past three crossings.
I agree with you, getting use to certain sounds and barks but my housedogs will bark wild like their going to eat something up if someone or family just walks up to my porch in the night time hours just saying

Articles point to cameras at:
-at least two video cameras mounted to a building near the entrance of his trailer on Union Road. When motorists arrived at this driveway, a sensor would turn lights on, he said. “You could clearly see the cars and even the people inside," said Manley, sitting outside his home on Union Hill Road Tuesday.

-Kenneth Rhoden also had a video security system at his trailer at 799 Left Fork Road

-Chris had one even in a bird house, one of those shell cameras. We ain't heard on none of that either. Kenneth had cameras all over that place where he lived," Manley said.

If Leonard is accurate, it sounds like most time removing cameras could have been at KR's. JMO.

Pike County: Death in the foothills

Rhoden family members release video plea for information about killings

They did make mistakes or they would not have been arrested. Even DeWine said they made mistakes...
How do you think they got all the trail cameras from around the hillside, does anyone think they might have had more than 4 people involved? Just saying if you’re trying to cover all your tracks you got to have enough lookouts JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member