OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found that interesting as well, @Betty P . Did you notice the request in there for the transcripts from the devices confiscated from the Wagners?

Yes, that's interesting. Still trying to figure out what that refers to. Does that mean they want written transcripts of all the emails, voice mail messages, texts, etc. from the Wags confiscated cell phones, computers, etc.? If so, that just sounds like a delaying tactic. Assume they've already been given audio files of relevant conversations, etc. that have been entered as evidence.

Also, since RN isn't on trial for murder of the W's, seems her attorneys wouldn't need transcripts of communications of the 4 Wagners pertaining to the murders.

JMO, this all sounds like standard defense attorney tactics to delay, nitpick, try to find grounds for objections, to have evidence thrown out, or otherwise try to tie up the trial process and confuse jurors into thinking the state doesn't have a good case. They have to do this because they know their clients are guilty, but they don't want them to admit guilt.

Will have to find out if this is standard procedure.

As for RN's documents, it looks like her defense wants to find some way to challenge the qualifications, etc. of the court reporter who took/recorded the grand jury testimony. Likely trying to find a way to have the GJ testimony thrown out. Not sure why they need that person's address, though, especially if they're seeking her personal home address.
Huh? As in it’s the court reporters fault? I’m confused or maybe lost like puzzled (who had me cracking up with that post)

Yes, that's interesting. Still trying to figure out what that refers to. Does that mean they want written transcripts of all the emails, voice mail messages, texts, etc. from the Wags confiscated cell phones, computers, etc.? If so, that just sounds like a delaying tactic. Assume they've already been given audio files of relevant conversations, etc. that have been entered as evidence.

Also, since RN isn't on trial for murder of the W's, seems her attorneys wouldn't need transcripts of communications of the 4 Wagners pertaining to the murders.

JMO, this all sounds like standard defense attorney tactics to delay, nitpick, try to find grounds for objections, to have evidence thrown out, or otherwise try to tie up the trial process and confuse jurors into thinking the state doesn't have a good case. They have to do this because they know their clients are guilty, but they don't want them to admit guilt.

I think they are wanting any transcripts of references to the forms she is accused of forging that are saved on any of the Ws devices. I could be way off on that.

I am sorry but a clip and magazine are totally different and are not interchangeable. If your gun has a magazine you cannot use a clip for the gun. A moon clip is used to spread load a revolver but you wouldn't use a brass catcher for a revolver.

Just jumping off your post, there would be no need for a brass catcher with a revolver, because they don't eject their spent shells. Only semi automatics and automatics expel spent shell casings.

Just catching up on the two pretrials for the W brothers. Very concerning to me is how AC fumbled about there not being any DNA info/discovery to turn over to defense in GW4 case. She sounded very inept at that moment, IMO.

She looked a bit off her game to me,too, but, I chalked it up to probably just having a bad day.

IIRC, JW's and G4's children are in state custody? So, are they allowed to visit with them per phone from jail and/or are they allowed to visit them in jail? I'm just curious. Thoughts please?

SW is in custody of a family member is Scioto Co according to an article on LM. I don’t recall which one so it is MOO until I can find the article.

Considering that one terabyte is generally estimated to contain 75 million pages, a one-terabyte case could amount to 18,750,000 documents, assuming an average of four pages per document.

Jake has 4 more terabytes and George the 4th has 2 more terabytes of evidence!

Unfortunately that article was quickly edited after being published, with that bit of info removed.

I've loved removed articles for years. Some information they put out could be used at trial so poof! Not always but when they disappear, it could be information and note it. It can be important or not. jmo

I've loved removed articles for years. Some information they put out could be used at trial so poof! Not always but when they disappear, it could be information and note it. It can be important or not. jmo
I agree. I learned long ago to take screenshots of the articles as soon as they come out online because more times than not, information has later been edited or removed.

Considering that one terabyte is generally estimated to contain 75 million pages, a one-terabyte case could amount to 18,750,000 documents, assuming an average of four pages per document.

It can include photos, video and other too. It’s not just typed documents

18.75 million? I couldn't count to that number in my next lifetime I don't think, even if I started at 5 years old, but guess you can do it. jmo

I saw it suggested earlier today that the sealings could actually pertain to the defenses mitigation experts (paid for by the state) and keeping those experts confidential until the defense and prosecution make the exchange of their witness lists. It made sense to me, but again we don’t know what’s in the sealed documents. JMO.

IMO, this is it. And notice the prosecution keeps asking defense for reciprocal discovery, which tells me the defense is not doing. No fair!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member