OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea, I was hoping the poster who saw them on Jake's facebook might recognize these as being what he saw. Any movies or guns that Jake was interested in are worth scrutiny. The Boon Dock Saints movie is in evidence and silencers are mentioned in the indictments and silencers come from that movie.

The two photos of three pistols, that I saw on his FB, appeared to be .jpgs of photos he had found on the internet, and shared to his timeline. Not pics of him holding them or anything. The three that I saw were from two different movies.

JW's FB is shuttered so I cannot load the pics that I grabbed, and say these are the guns he had on his FB. Nor can I provide a link to them. The top two that you have appear to be close but that is not the same pic on JW's FB.

It is larger caliber bullets. If he was the only one shot with larger bullets I wonder why? I can't think of a reason.

Opinion
No way did GW4 shoot only one. For some reason there seems to be some doubt recently about GW4's level of involvement but no doubt at all that Angie was a prolific shooter.

My emotions tell me she couldn't do it, but my intellect tells me the indictments against her are brutal, no sugar coating. So going by that, yes she could be more involved than just being the stay-at-home babysitter that night.

Just because GW4 is only the uncle and not a parent or grandparent of Jake's child, that doesn't mean he has any less of a motive or less skin in the game. He was the most vocal about revenge, what kind of revenge? I don't think he was talking about anything other than shooting innocent LE--- just doing their job--- in cold blood.

The words used were "to take revenge against anyone who goes against us. " Sounds like a 100% group effort---ride or die together. He had full custody of his child and he wanted his brother to have the same and was glad to help him get it. For all we know, he was in charge of the guns and assembled the silencers and did the most shooting.

Here is one of his favorite Facebook Communities. Pretty chilling when you scroll down.

Tactical Country

A favorite movie:

Blade (1998)
R | 2h | Action, Horror, Sci-Fi |
A half-vampire, half-mortal man becomes a protector of the mortal race, while slaying evil (sound familiar?) vampires.

Favorite games:

First-Person Shooter Video Game: Halo Corner

First-Person Shooter Video Game: Call of Duty

1/2 the male gamers in the state of Ohio are on a watch list then, and my husband and I both love Blade.

1/2 the male gamers in the state of Ohio are on a watch list then, and my husband and I both love Blade.

Yah. I edited the post to take that out. But I think the tactical country community site is interesting to see. You learn anything you want to learn about weapons, ammunition, laser site (red dot) , scopes, silencers, how to stalk, where to buy tactical gear, all different sizes of ammo, gun reviews, the differences between weapons on and on.

I wonder if they used laser sites on their guns and night vision equipment? It was very dark and a big question is how would they see anyone? All the victims were shot with the muzzle almost touching their heads (the muzzle was pressed against the side of Gary's head) it wasn't just shooting in a general direction, they had to see precisely what they were doing.

Illegal enterprise....perfect description! But I can't decide what it was. Drugs, firearms....? What did they haul in that semi? All JMO

Why did the truck driving stop? All the trucking companies in my area are wanting drivers, even independent drivers. A lot of those truck driving jobs advertise "home every night and weekends". I know of owner/operators that are busy all the time.
JW says HR was upset about him being away too much. Is that true? Was it because she was left home with GWIII and AW?
All opinions....

I’m really interested in seeing the toxicology report of the victims, all the Rhodens family wasn’t that sound of a sleepers, something is not right, JMO

I am sure at the homes of DR and FR, they were used to hearing people walking through the house at night with babies and small kids. You get used to it and ignore it. Same with barking dogs. I lived a block from a RR for years and even the air horns weren't enough to wake me up after a while.

Thankx. I couldn't find any 1911 gun reference in the evidence but it's mentioned in the article you linked. Good work.

"....Prosecutors have also turned over a photo of a 1911.22 firearm and a photo of a tattoo belonging to George Wagner.
Authorities announced the indictments two weeks after the search (of the Peterson Rd. well) and said they had become aware of a homemade silencer, which was the final piece of forensic evidence in the case.... "

Both movies, The Punisher and the Boondock Saints use 1911 guns. Maglite is in the evidence (found in the well) and Maglite flashlights can be put on 22's as a suppressor and there are many YouTube videos that walk you through it.
The parts are easy to get to make this kind of suppressor.

The Maglite suppressor, made from the industrial-strength flashlight, is one of the most popular DIY silencers on the internet. The key to all DIY silencers is getting an adapter with the right threading to attach to the barrel and whatever you are using as a makeshift suppressor.

5 Surprising Facts About Gun Silencers

1911 Silencer

Photo of Maglite flashlite being converted to a suppressor/silencer

2-68b1e028a3.jpg

Youtube videos show how to make them but call them oil collectors in a lot of cases since a suppressor/silencer requires a federal permit to own...

Yah. I edited the post to take that out. But I think the tactical country community site is interesting to see. You learn anything you want to learn about weapons, ammunition, laser site (red dot) , scopes, silencers, how to stalk, where to buy tactical gear, all different sizes of ammo, gun reviews, the differences between weapons on and on.

I wonder if they used laser sites on their guns and night vision equipment? It was very dark and a big question is how would they see anyone? All the victims were shot with the muzzle almost touching their heads (the muzzle was pressed against the side of Gary's head) it wasn't just shooting in a general direction, they had to see precisely what they were doing.

I'd have either used a small headlamp, or put a rail and tactical light on my firearm, if I were planning to do something such as that, if I had a firearm that would accommodate them.

It seems they had the element of surprise on their side too. As you wander around in the night, your eyes adjust. For example; When I take the kids out to catch lightning bugs, at first we can't see anything but the blinkers, as it goes on, we can see more and more as our eyes adapt to the dark.

We have a couple of places that offer Tactical Training not far from me. They train self defense, how to handle your firearm in certain situations, etc... Just being a part of a firearm group, or training group, isn't enough to have noted a red flag. Some may disagree, but, I live in an area where gunfire is often heard around us, and sometimes, we are the ones who are target practicing.

Why did the truck driving stop? All the trucking companies in my area are wanting drivers, even independent drivers. A lot of those truck driving jobs advertise "home every night and weekends". I know of owner/operators that are busy all the time.
JW says HR was upset about him being away too much. Is that true? Was it because she was left home with GWIII and AW?
All opinions....

JW stopped, after the murders,and got a job in Cinci, to be home at night, and closer to S.

Rhoden case: 'Hate seeing my daughter cry'

Last edited:
I'd have either used a small headlamp, or put a rail and tactical light on my firearm, if I were planning to do something such as that, if I had a firearm that would accommodate them.

It seems they had the element of surprise on their side too. As you wander around in the night, your eyes adjust. For example; When I take the kids out to catch lightning bugs, at first we can't see anything but the blinkers, as it goes on, we can see more and more as our eyes adapt to the dark.

We have a couple of places that offer Tactical Training not far from me. They train self defense, how to handle your firearm in certain situations, etc... Just being a part of a firearm group, or training group, isn't enough to have noted a red flag. Some may disagree, but, I live in an area where gunfire is often heard around us, and sometimes, we are the ones who are target practicing.
BBM

I agree many hunt and are all into knives and guns and tactical training. My friend collects knives and guns and gave me a rifle and taught me how to shoot and he has a concealed carry permit. But no he would never hurt a flea.
The point is that I get it that just because someone is weapon and tactical proficient it doesn't mean they will become dangerous towards others.

But because the Pike crimes involved 32, that we know of, gunshots with at least 2 different caliber of bullets, 4 crime scenes, 8 victims, possible use of tactical equipment like BPVs, night vision, 2 way radios, maglite flashlight suppressors, and enough gun proficiency to actually assemble silencers and brass catchers,

because of that we know that these murderers will have gun use in their backgrounds and they all do. Including Angela who put a gun in her purse when Billy was busted for brandishing a gun at a motorist.

Chance your average hunter, conceal carry, tactical enthusiast will turn violent and shoot to murder people? 1% maybe?

Chance whoever murdered the Rhodens and HG are hunters, gun and
tactical enthusiasts? In other words they are very gun savvy and experienced shooters? 100% maybe?

This is one more piece of circumstantial evidence and for sure will be brought up at trial ---- Remember:

Motive (child custody, break up)
Means (access to weapons, gun savvy, experienced hunters, etc..)
Opportunity ( live close by, know the terrain, know the victims, know the homes _________and were "home" that night)
ALIBI (none)

:cool:....My 2 Cents....:cool:

Last edited:
JW stopped, after the murders,and got a job in Cinci, to be home at night, and closer to S.

Rhoden case: 'Hate seeing my daughter cry'

Then what job did he quit to be home more when HR complained about him being gone too much. I thought that was truck driving... No link just opinion...

From this link, I question what his huge legal expenses were. Just some paperwork had to be filed. I'd guess he was right when he said $20,000 was more than he needed.
BBM
"Wagner won custody of his little girl last month in Pike County, he said. And while the ruling was not unexpected, the legal bills were. This week Wagner set up a account in an effort to defray the legal bills and other unexpected but associated costs. He didn't know about the website until his mother mentioned it to him. He said he didn't want to draw attention to himself or to his daughter, but also didn't see a way out of the debt he has incurred since the homicide."
"
"These were not expenses I was supposed to have. I was just supposed to be able to spend time with her and give her a happy childhood, she is only 2 1/2 years old,'' Wagner wrote on the page of the crowd-fundraising site. "Sophia and I are just asking for enough to settle the fees that we acquired due to the horrific tragedy to her mommy.

"We want to get our lives back,'' he wrote. "I hate seeing my daughter cry."

Wagner set a fundraising goal of $20,000, but said his legal bills were not quite that high. But, he added, his legal bills were four times more than what he expected. The former over-the-road truck driver and trained mechanic has maxed out his credit cards. He said he is paying his lawyer in what is left over after he pays his other bills every month. It hardly makes a dent."

Then what job did he quit to be home more when HR complained about him being gone too much. I thought that was truck driving... No link just opinion...

From this link, I question what his huge legal expenses were. Just some paperwork had to be filed. I'd guess he was right when he said $20,000 was more than he needed.
BBM
"Wagner won custody of his little girl last month in Pike County, he said. And while the ruling was not unexpected, the legal bills were. This week Wagner set up a ******** account in an effort to defray the legal bills and other unexpected but associated costs. He didn't know about the website until his mother mentioned it to him. He said he didn't want to draw attention to himself or to his daughter, but also didn't see a way out of the debt he has incurred since the homicide."
"
"These were not expenses I was supposed to have. I was just supposed to be able to spend time with her and give her a happy childhood, she is only 2 1/2 years old,'' Wagner wrote on the page of the crowd-fundraising site. "Sophia and I are just asking for enough to settle the fees that we acquired due to the horrific tragedy to her mommy.

"We want to get our lives back,'' he wrote. "I hate seeing my daughter cry."

Wagner set a fundraising goal of $20,000, but said his legal bills were not quite that high. But, he added, his legal bills were four times more than what he expected. The former over-the-road truck driver and trained mechanic has maxed out his credit cards. He said he is paying his lawyer in what is left over after he pays his other bills every month. It hardly makes a dent."
Oh poor, poor Jakie. And weren't those words composed and posted by his mommy? Jake et al deserve nothing but distain and disgust and life in prison. My best wish is that this den of vipers all turn on each other.

I’m curious .... when do they decide if the trial will be moved to a different county? I know GW4 will be in Pike for sure, but if they would move the others, do you think it would be in the county they are being held in? Aren’t they in 4 different counties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trailerguy68