OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m curious .... when do they decide if the trial will be moved to a different county? I know GW4 will be in Pike for sure, but if they would move the others, do you think it would be in the county they are being held in? Aren’t they in 4 different counties?

Change of venue cannot happen unless attempt to seat a Jury fails, IMO. I hope that will not happen and all 4 will be tried in Pike County (see indictments). JMO

And no, the county where they are being held should make no difference. JMO

I copied the below info from Betty's timeline on Page 1.

November 2013

Birth of daughter Sophia to Jake Wagner and Hanna Rhoden. They lived together much of the time until 2015, at Hanna’s home or the Wagner’s

Pike County investigation: 8 deaths and multiple arrests were tied to one key factor — child custody

Jake Wagner began hacking, etc. victims’ phones, computers and social media accounts according to indictment

March 2015

Jake Wagner and Hanna Rhoden end their relationship
Exhaustive investigation leads to break in Pike County murder case

January 2016 the W's allegedly start planning and prep to murder HR and her family.

In 2014, JW and HR were supposedly living together with SW and happy.

Why did he begin hacking the 'victims' in 2014? What was he looking for from the other victims?

JW seems like a controlling and likely abusive boyfriend to HR.

My guess is that the others knew all about the eavesdropping etc since 2014.

Hopefully, the state doesn't make a deal with any of them. They all seem guilty and they all participated in this for months.

jmo. moo.

Thien what job did he quit to be home more when HR complained about him being gone too much. I thought that was truck driving... No link just opinion...

From this link, I question what his huge legal expenses were. Just some paperwork had to be filed. I'd guess he was right when he said $20,000 was more than he needed.
BBM
"Wagner won custody of his little girl last month in Pike County, he said. And while the ruling was not unexpected, the legal bills were. This week Wagner set up in an effort to defray the legal bills and other unexpected but associated costs. He didn't know about the website until his mother mentioned it to him. He said he didn't want to draw attention to himself or to his daughter, but also didn't see a way out of the debt he has incurred since the homicide."
"
"These were not expenses I was supposed to have. I was just supposed to be able to spend time with her and give her a happy childhood, she is only 2 1/2 years old,'' Wagner wrote on the page of the crowd-fundraising site. "Sophia and I are just asking for enough to settle the fees that we acquired due to the horrific tragedy to her mommy.

"We want to get our lives back,'' he wrote. "I hate seeing my daughter cry."

Wagner set a fundraising goal of $20,000, but said his legal bills were not quite that high. But, he added, his legal bills were four times more than what he expected. The former over-the-road truck driver and trained mechanic has maxed out his credit cards. He said he is paying his lawyer in what is left over after he pays his other bills every month. It hardly makes a dent."

Dudly, IMO, based on the press conference at arrests, the Wagners lied about everything. And we see that. Why should we believe lies he told on a account? For crying out loud, these people were and are still liars. I'd bet there is no proof of a job in Cincy, unless....it was for Dan Meyer (brother of the hunter in the woods that fateful day) at Nehemiah Manufacturing Company in Cincy where the Wagners has ties. P&Gamble, too. All there for the finding.
Home - Nehemiah Manufacturing All JMO

The following is the excerpt about his brother the hunter...please scroll down for Dan Meyer's comment:

https://highlandcountypress.com/Con...-investigators-search-for-answers-/4/22/32693

Last edited:
What was it?
  • STATE OF OHIO -vs- WAGNER, IV, GEORGE WASHINGTON
07/22/2019 MOTION TO CONTINUE JURY TRIAL SCHEDULED FOR 9-4-2019 FILED

07/22/2019 MOTION NO 11: DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PROPERLY PRESERVE AND CATALOG ALL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE FILED

07/22/2019 MOTION NO 12: DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO COMPEL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS TO TURN OVER AND ADVISE THE PROSECUTING ATTORNEY OF ALL INFORMATION ACQUIRED DURING THE COURSE OF INVESTIGATION FILED

07/22/2019 MOTION NO 13: DEFENANT'S MOTION TO RESTRAIN CERTAIN PARTIES FROM DISCUSSING THE CASE WITH ACCUSED FILED

Pike County Court Docket
https://pikecountycpcourt.org/eservices

Last edited:
Then what job did he quit to be home more when HR complained about him being gone too much. I thought that was truck driving... No link just opinion...

From this link, I question what his huge legal expenses were. Just some paperwork had to be filed. I'd guess he was right when he said $20,000 was more than he needed.
BBM
"Wagner won custody of his little girl last month in Pike County, he said. And while the ruling was not unexpected, the legal bills were. This week Wagner set up a ******** account in an effort to defray the legal bills and other unexpected but associated costs. He didn't know about the website until his mother mentioned it to him. He said he didn't want to draw attention to himself or to his daughter, but also didn't see a way out of the debt he has incurred since the homicide."
"
"These were not expenses I was supposed to have. I was just supposed to be able to spend time with her and give her a happy childhood, she is only 2 1/2 years old,'' Wagner wrote on the page of the crowd-fundraising site. "Sophia and I are just asking for enough to settle the fees that we acquired due to the horrific tragedy to her mommy.

"We want to get our lives back,'' he wrote. "I hate seeing my daughter cry."

Wagner set a fundraising goal of $20,000, but said his legal bills were not quite that high. But, he added, his legal bills were four times more than what he expected. The former over-the-road truck driver and trained mechanic has maxed out his credit cards. He said he is paying his lawyer in what is left over after he pays his other bills every month. It hardly makes a dent."

How much of the interview is fact, or fiction, that, I can't answer.

BBM

I agree many hunt and are all into knives and guns and tactical training. My friend collects knives and guns and gave me a rifle and taught me how to shoot and he has a concealed carry permit. But no he would never hurt a flea.
The point is that I get it that just because someone is weapon and tactical proficient it doesn't mean they will become dangerous towards others.

But because the Pike crimes involved 32, that we know of, gunshots with at least 2 different caliber of bullets, 4 crime scenes, 8 victims, possible use of tactical equipment like BPVs, night vision, 2 way radios, maglite flashlight suppressors, and enough gun proficiency to actually assemble silencers and brass catchers,

because of that we know that these murderers will have gun use in their backgrounds and they all do. Including Angela who put a gun in her purse when Billy was busted for brandishing a gun at a motorist.

Chance your average hunter, conceal carry, tactical enthusiast will turn violent and shoot to murder people? 1% maybe?

Chance whoever murdered the Rhodens and HG are hunters, gun and
tactical enthusiasts? In other words they are very gun savvy and experienced shooters? 100% maybe?

This is one more piece of circumstantial evidence and for sure will be brought up at trial ---- Remember:

Motive (child custody, break up)
Means (access to weapons, gun savvy, experienced hunters, etc..)
Opportunity ( live close by, know the terrain, know the victims, know the homes _________and were "home" that night)
ALIBI (none)

:cool:....My 2 Cents....:cool:

Well yes, obviously they had firearms, but we don't know that movies or video games helped desensitize them, or firearm knowledge, and turn them into murderers.

07/22/2019 MOTION NO 11: DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PROPERLY PRESERVE AND CATALOG ALL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE FILED

07/22/2019 MOTION NO 12: DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO COMPEL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS TO TURN OVER AND ADVISE THE PROSECUTING ATTORNEY OF ALL INFORMATION ACQUIRED DURING THE COURSE OF INVESTIGATION FILED

07/22/2019 MOTION NO 13: DEFENANT'S MOTION TO RESTRAIN CERTAIN PARTIES FROM DISCUSSING THE CASE WITH ACCUSED FILED

Pike County Court Docket

These are more of the standard motions attorneys file in death penalty cases. Should have been filed some time ago. Since they haven't, JMO, it looks like GW4's attorneys might be dragging out the process. Using technicalities to postpone pre-trial hearings, etc.

Let him sit in jail. IANAL, but what's the benefit to defendants in dragging out these cases? These were heinous crimes, the public and news media won't forget them. OTOH, maybe it works to the benefit of the attorneys.

But seriously, these are basic motions that should have been filed months ago. Doesn't the judge remind the defense attorneys to file these things? Isn't that the purpose of pre-trial hearings? If the delays are due to legitimate reasons, ok. Are the defense attorneys swamped with other cases? The courts?

Now all the hearings are being pushed back to September? Any word yet on whether there will be a change of venue?

OPD > Appellate Services > Death Penalty Department > Motions Manual

Pike County Court Docket
#10,11,12 - Hail Mary
#13 - we already know he is not allowed to speak to his co-defendants. Then who is/are the people he is trying to avoid talking to? Isn't he already in voluntary, self imposed, solitary confinement?
Is it Granny Fred, Robin, or the lawyers of his c0-defendants he is trying to avoid???

He might be about ready to turn on the others.......

My opinion and speculation only.

Last edited:
I copied the below info from Betty's timeline on Page 1.

November 2013

Birth of daughter Sophia to Jake Wagner and Hanna Rhoden. They lived together much of the time until 2015, at Hanna’s home or the Wagner’s

Pike County investigation: 8 deaths and multiple arrests were tied to one key factor — child custody

Jake Wagner began hacking, etc. victims’ phones, computers and social media accounts according to indictment

March 2015

Jake Wagner and Hanna Rhoden end their relationship
Exhaustive investigation leads to break in Pike County murder case
January 2016 the W's allegedly start planning and prep to murder HR and her family.

In 2014, JW and HR were supposedly living together with SW and happy.

Why did he begin hacking the 'victims' in 2014? What was he looking for from the other victims?

JW seems like a controlling and likely abusive boyfriend to HR.

My guess is that the others knew all about the eavesdropping etc since 2014.

Hopefully, the state doesn't make a deal with any of them. They all seem guilty and they all participated in this for months.

jmo. moo.
I'm not sure we know yet who exactly they began hacking in 2014.

Last edited:
Well yes, obviously they had firearms, but we don't know that movies or video games helped desensitize them, or firearm knowledge, and turn them into murderers.

Right. All we do know is that the movie Boon Dock Saints is in evidence.
Commander 1911
A Commander sized 1911 pistol--in the movie Boon Dock Saints-- is seen in the hands of one of the nine thugs during the brother's first mission.

And a 1911 is in the WAGNER evidence. Does that mean anything? I don't know, it's up to the jury....1911 pistol series

Last edited:
Thankx. I couldn't find any 1911 gun reference in the evidence but it's mentioned in the article you linked. Good work.

"....Prosecutors have also turned over a photo of a 1911.22 firearm and a photo of a tattoo belonging to George Wagner.
Authorities announced the indictments two weeks after the search (of the Peterson Rd. well) and said they had become aware of a homemade silencer, which was the final piece of forensic evidence in the case.... "

Both movies, The Punisher and the Boondock Saints use 1911 guns. Maglite is in the evidence (found in the well) and Maglite flashlights can be put on 22's as a suppressor and there are many YouTube videos that walk you through it.
The parts are easy to get to make this kind of suppressor.

The Maglite suppressor, made from the industrial-strength flashlight, is one of the most popular DIY silencers on the internet. The key to all DIY silencers is getting an adapter with the right threading to attach to the barrel and whatever you are using as a makeshift suppressor.

5 Surprising Facts About Gun Silencers

1911 Silencer

Photo of Maglite flashlite being converted to a suppressor/silenc

The photo of the firearms from the "Punisher" movie look somewhat customized to me. Are they?

Commander 1911
A Commander sized 1911 pistol--in the movie Boon Dock Saints-- is seen in the hands of one of the nine thugs during the brother's first mission.

And a 1911 is in the WAGNER evidence. Does that mean anything? I don't know, it's up to the jury....1911 pistol series

Agreed.

Commander 1911

Idk if there is one accounted for, for the others, as I've not looked at the other discoveries, or drug out other articles but the 1911.22 firearm was listed as belonging to G4.

Prosecutors have also turned over a photo of a 1911.22 firearm and a photo of a tattoo belonging to George Wagner.

Religious, vigilante movie clip part of evidence in Pike County massacre

I lean toward a Walther but I could be wrong.

Your right we don’t know that movies or games help the Wagners desensitize them, but something sure made them into nature born killers, JMO

No dispute there, but if what AG Dewine stated at the time, is correct, Control of children (plural) played a role , and there was an undercurrent of drugs, which he couldn't speak about b/c of the case, combined with Dewine adding; “This is the most bizarre story I've ever seen.”, it leads me to believe that more stuff will come out.

Custody dispute played role in killing of Rhoden family, officials say

Pike County murders: Revenge talk surfaces in court appearance

The Wagners still tried to pass message after the judge told them not to (The same day)

Across the aisle sat Wagner IV’s aunt Robin Wagner, who has previously declined comment to the media. Before the arraignment, she sat beside her mother Fredericka’s attorney, who relayed a message to one of Wagner IV’s attorneys: “She just wants you to pass on to George that she loves him.”

Wagner IV is represented in court by attorneys Richard Nash, of Portsmouth, and Charles Knight, of Pomeroy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member