OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ready for GW4 trial and sentencing. Praying daily for Justice for Chris Jr., Hanna, Hannah Hazel Gilley, Frankie, Dana, Chris Sr., Kenny, and Gary...8 human beings SHOT TO DEATH IN COLD BLOOD April 22, 2016 in their homes.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
By speedy trial deadlines. GW4 waived his Constitutional right to a speedy trial but still there was a time limit put on it. Then when that time limit was going to expire he did not waive his speedy trial again. So now the prosecution has to take his case to trial. If they don't all his charges will be dismissed and can't be refiled!

The others have continued to waive their rights to speedy trials. I think Jake's is next to run out but I would have to research it. Without links consider this as only my 2 cents.

CC, please post a link where a date limit was imposed on GW4s speedy trial, as I am unable to find it. He waived his right 11/28/18. TY.

GW4 still has a Pre trial hearing and motions hearing on the court docket for tomorrow July 24 at 1:30 p.m.

Yes, he does. It's odd that his schedule also shows his actual jury trial beginning Sept 7, too. Doesn't sound like there's a plan to plea bargain. His motion trial tomorrow was originally scheduled for 9:30 am, IIRC.

Will try to watch

A bit bleary headed tonight, but have been reading through some old stuff, and ran across this article. I don't recall "money" specifically ever being mentioned before. Wonder if this is a typo, or did they pick up something no one else did? Also, sometimes DeWine says "child" and sometimes he says "children". If money is involved, then there we have it, undercurrent of drugs, money, and we get our child to boot.

A custody dispute over the child, who is now 5, is a factor in the massacre that wiped out eight members of the Rhoden family and led to the arrests of six members of Wagner’s family earlier this month, according to Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine.“We won’t be able to say much about motive, but you’ll see from the indictments, custody of this child was a factor,” DeWine said in a Nov. 13 news conference after the arrests.
While searching the crime scenes, officials have said they found marijuana “grow operations,” including one with more than 100 marijuana plants.

DeWine and Pike County Sheriff Charlie Reader won’t say if the drugs contributed to the motive, but DeWine did say drugs were an “undercurrent” in the case, along with money.

November 29, 2018
Wagner mother pleads not guilty to all charges in Pike County massacre

CC, please post a link where a date limit was imposed on GW4s speedy trial, as I am unable to find it. He waived his right 11/28/18. TY.

George 4 was in court 6-10-19. This is what prosecutor Junk said:
Junk:
"We double checked speedy trial, the waiver expired July 31st. And our calculations we're looking on or about the 12th of October the speedy trial expires. We gotta have the commencement before then. And on behalf of the State we would ask that it start early September if possible , it gives us plenty of time." ;)

@Loomis124 the speedy trial information you can find at the 8 minute 52 second mark during this 6-10-19 hearing of George 4's hearing.

Last edited:
Wednesday, July 24th:
*Pretrial Motions Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – Only for *George Washington Wagner IV (27) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) & charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Trial set to begin 9/4/19. (Estimated to go to October).
Court hearings from 11/28/18 thru 3/22/19 reference post #608 here:
OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#48

5/23/19 Update: Pretrial hearing has been continued to 6/10. 6/10/19: Next Pretrial hearing on 7/24. Trial is scheduled for 9/4.
7/3/19 Update: GW's attorney's file 3 motions. Motion #8 Defendant's request for notice of State's evidence, Motion #9 for disclosure of exculpatory & impeachment evidence and Motion #10 to compel disclosure of aggravating factors & information relating to mitigating factors. Oral hearing on Motions 8, 9 & 10 on 7/24 @ 1:30pm.
7/22/19 Update: Defendant’s motion for trial continuance filed. Motion #11: Defendant's motion to properly preserve & catalog all physical evidence filed. Motion #12: Defendant's motion to compel Law enforcement officials to turn over & advise the DA of all info acquired during the course of investigation filed. Motion #13: Defendant's motion to restrain certain parties from discussing the case with accused filed.
*Edward Jacob “Jake” Wagner - Motions hearing on 9/17.
*George Washington Wagner III – Motions hearing on 9/17.
*Angela Jo Wagner – Discovery & Pretrial Motions hearing 9/16.
*Rita Jo Newcomb – Final Pretrial hearing on 7/25. Trial scheduled for 10/21.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner – 6/26/19 Charges dismissed without prejudice.

George 4 was in court 6-10-19. This is what prosecutor Junk said:
Junk:
"We double checked speedy trial, the waiver expired July 31st. And our calculations we're looking on or about the 12th of October the speedy trial expires. We gotta have the commencement before then. And on behalf of the State we would ask that it start early September if possible , it gives us plenty of time." ;)

@Loomis124 the speedy trial information you can find at the 8 minute 52 second mark during this 6-10-19 hearing of George 4's hearing.
Thank you so much, CC!!

A bit bleary headed tonight, but have been reading through some old stuff, and ran across this article. I don't recall "money" specifically ever being mentioned before. Wonder if this is a typo, or did they pick up something no one else did? Also, sometimes DeWine says "child" and sometimes he says "children". If money is involved, then there we have it, undercurrent of drugs, money, and we get our child to boot.

November 29, 2018
Wagner mother pleads not guilty to all charges in Pike County massacre

I do not recall money being mentioned early on. I do recall mention of the need to have control of children as part of the motive.
My opinions only...

And let him go free?
She did it to one Wagner that was involved in these murders one way or another, the state spent all that money on FW pre-trials just to let her go until they get more evidence on her, Canepa made the statement that FW was there during the talks of revenge against state officials and still didn’t have enough evidence to prosecute FW, do they have enough to prosecute GW4? JMO

She did it to one Wagner that was involved in these murders one way or another, the state spent all that money on FW pre-trials just to let her go until they get more evidence on her, Canepa made the statement that FW was there during the talks of revenge against state officials and still didn’t have enough evidence to prosecute FW, do they have enough to prosecute GW4? JMO

I don't thing they don't want to prosecute. They want to limit how much evidence they reveal publicly before the murder trials. They'll probably be back for FW at a later date. That's probably why FW is radio silent right now. JMO

Is III's hearing and motion on TV or did Mueller override it?

George Wagner to return to Pike County court for hearing

Camera is on, in the courtroom

FW is there

Talking to attorney trying to hear what they're saying. Something about a search warrant and there were some things the attorney didn't want to give to the prosecution but had to.

FW whispering to RW now. Can't really hear what they're saying, but should listen to this again later.

Can't confirm anything, but I have the impression FW is following the cases of the W4 very closely. Probably talking regularly with their attorneys.

Last edited:

FW had to pay her own legal expenses. The State didn't pay hers. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member