OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised that Frankie's derby car will be racing in Greenup this weekend. It was mentioned on a family members facebook this morning w/video. I would have thought it was at the property and towed along with the others. Guess not. Didn't some mention in the news that all of this was over the derby car? smh...

Who wants to go to the Derby races in Greenup this weekend, and after, a tour of the local bars?
We will need a designated driver, and one volunteer to get very drunk.

Just kidding.

I'm skeptical of the claim that there was money at his feet. It comes from one source and hasn't been corroborated by anyone else, AFAIK. Even LE (the AG, I believe) seemed to scoff at the notion.

IMO he seemed to beat around the bush about it. His answer wasn't concrete- like many of his answers haven't been.

Who wants to go to the Derby races in Greenup this weekend, and after, a tour of the local bars?
We will need a designated driver, and one volunteer to get very drunk.

Just kidding.

Lol! Sounds fun! I'd join you if I wasn't halfway across the country! ;(. Momma needs a break!

I would not be surprised to find out that there is at least one perp is in jail on unrelated charges. Often times picked up on minor warrants. I have seen this often in our area. If they are not locals the arrest could be in another county and media doesn't pick up on the link of the arrest. IMO if LE has a suspicion of who it is, but they are still building thier case they will arrest them on anything they can (old warrants) to keep the community safe. Killing the way they did I cannot imagine this is the first time the perp/s have broken the law.
IMO the money placed on KR was for staging. I just cannot see a person intending to send a message reaching up to the top bunk and placing the money on him. To me if it was tossed on him as a message most of it would of landed on the floor. I could be way off, but I believe it was staging to throw off the investigation that has been reported.

IMO he seemed to beat around the bush about it. His answer wasn't concrete- like many of his answers haven't been.

That would be something that was easily confirmed by the 1st responders. Seems a peculiar thing to fabricate, but when people sell their stories to tabloids, I suppose there is always a tendency to embellish. If it were untrue, it would seem to guarantee him an extended stay at an interrogation table with an opportunity to correct the record.

Dana's father has said that he lives half a mile from the property.
I've also seen it mentioned that someone else lives 500 yards from the property, but I can't recall if that was in MSM, so I'll hold back.

I think the 500yds is in relation to where Kenneth's camper was....at the left fork property. I think its the same place that Dana lived until she moved back to new place on Union Hill. JMO

I thought the same... but have no idea why Stone would lie about that.

I have wondered about that money story.
He could have lied for a reason - to make up a more dramatic story for the news. I assume he was paid for the interview.
But then surly the LE would know that wasn't true, and wonder...
Then he had the incident where he called 911, fearing another vehicle was trying to run him off the road.
Could have been over reaction, or, trying to make more news about himself for more $$ interviews.

DS is a character. Not much of what he says makes total sense. I can't follow his thought or action process.
Then, maybe he is just goofy.

My sister in law has a close friend who lives a few miles from where this happened and where she heard one of the bodies were found is different than anything I've heard thus far and would definitely change up the theories. Although I understand the need to keep most details private, I wish they would release a little more info..

My sister in law has a close friend who lives a few miles from where this happened and where she heard one of the bodies were found is different than anything I've heard thus far and would definitely change up the theories. Although I understand the need to keep most details private, I wish they would release a little more info..
Can you say which location? Union Hill or Left Fork?

I have wondered about that money story.
He could have lied for a reason - to make up a more dramatic story for the news. I assume he was paid for the interview.
But then surly the LE would know that wasn't true, and wonder...
Then he had the incident where he called 911, fearing another vehicle was trying to run him off the road.
Could have been over reaction, or, trying to make more news about himself for more $$ interviews.

DS is a character. Not much of what he says makes total sense. I can't follow his thought or action process.
Then, maybe he is just goofy.

He is goofy, but it really isn't wise to get caught in a bunch of lies.....now it makes him look suspicious, even if he is justa goof. JMO

Through all that we've learned so far about the Rhodens they were middlemen when it came to business. It seems that's the way they liked to work. Correct?

This is one of my theories-
The killers were above them. Their bosses, as far as money is concerned. Whether it be cars, drugs, or both. I think they may have owed someone a great deal of money (well over the $1000 strewn over Kenneth's feet- if that actually happened) or possibly screwed up an operation involving illegal activity, and it ended up getting them killed. Just one of my theories. I'm saying some kind of organized crime- and it doesn't have to be the cartel. We all know there are other bad guys out there. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be something that was easily confirmed by the 1st responders. Seems a peculiar thing to fabricate, but when people sell their stories to tabloids, I suppose there is always a tendency to embellish. If it were untrue, it would seem to guarantee him an extended stay at an interrogation table with an opportunity to correct the record.

Exactly!

Maybe it was Chris sr or Gary, but Bobby did say they looked like they had been beaten up. I don't remember if she was only talking about Chris or both of them. JMO

IIRC regarding the money at the scene the story quoted dollar bills. The headline however said 1000. If AG was asked about the headline only, not sure, but didn't AG answer something like that doesn't sound right. I remember reading DS story and I'm pretty sure he said dollar bills. So AG could have kind of denied based on the headline. Hope I'm making sense.

IIRC regarding the money at the scene the story quoted dollar bills. The headline however said 1000. If AG was asked about the headline only, not sure, but didn't AG answer something like that doesn't sound right. I remember reading DS story and I'm pretty sure he said dollar bills. So AG could have kind of denied based on the headline. Hope I'm making sense.

I know what you mean. They could have debunked that right away, but they preferred not to comment. JMO

If you go by the thinking of waiting for Hannah to deliver before the murders occur, why? Would having had a baby late Jan or early Feb be the reason? I could easily see that extending to a 3 year old also. The newborn was just too close to home.

I think that if the killings were planned well in advance and waiting for HR to have her baby was a factor, it could simply be the unpredictable timing related to giving birth. If the primary intended target(s) would have likely been at the hospital awaiting the birth or visiting afterward it could throw a serious monkey wrench into the plans.

By waiting until the baby was born, HR was back home and the family was back to a more normal routine then you could better predict who would (or wouldn't) be around.

To me that is more likely than the full moon theory.

Yes. That makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member