OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@hollyzachariah to Kevin

@Kevin10TV did they open the roads today?

Kevin replies

@hollyzachariah no, we drove up and saw barn boarded up and was told to go back. I think next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meemaw's given the answer, it's the red barn at Dana's.

JMO according to aerial view on google maps.....its all thick woods behind the barn at Dana's. I don't care that much, but I'd like to know where the new pic was taken. Dayna suggested near Left Fork residence. JMO

Sorry quote didn't appear on previous post. It's taken from the front far right side ( if looking toward property) of DR

Murder Investigation continues

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...-continues-fundraisers-for-victims-begin.html

'We're told that as early as next week the scene will be released, but Pike County Prosecutor Robert Junk said when that happens the homes will be boarded up to prevent looting.
According to Junk, he does not believe the murders were the acts of one person.
That confirms what the father of victim Gary Rhoden, told 10TV late last week. Kenneth Rhoden said the coroner told him two different bullet casings were found at the scene.
Search warrants at the four crimes scenes are expected to be returned next week, but Junk said those will be sealed to prevent evidence from being released to the public that could harm the investigation.
One of the victims of the Pike County mass murders was Hannah Gilley.
Saturday friends and family will gather at a Piketon bar to raise money for her funeral and for her orphaned son.
“Just a very outgoing loving girl,” Michelle Hanson said.
Gilley was only 20 years old when she lost her life in one of the worst mass shootings in Ohio history.
In her memory, friends are preparing an auction to help raise money for Hannah's family.
Hanson is helping to organize the event.'

In many cases discussed here the police will come out and say they have received several calls/emails/letters about what someone's theory is about a certain case. Every time LE says that I do wonder if it is someone here at WS.:) Here at WS there are indeed some great detectives/sleuthers and have helped solve cases before buy finding actual evidence. I am constantly amazed how talented so many are and the great abilities they have to rundown evidence.

I think if the blogger came from here they would tell us. Several on WS do write blogs.

But speaking about theories.

I remember during the Scott Peterson case the Prosecutor said he received several letters from those who felt they knew what happen including where Laci's body was because she wasn't found until four months after the murder. This was before SP was arrested so it probably does happen. During the trial itself the Judge had to stop the trial one time and hold a hearing because he had received a letter from someone saying their dog told them who had murdered Laci. That really happened. Even though they knew it was ridiculous they did have to discuss it and get it on the record. I imagine others in law enforcement have received some doozies/tips/theories from others (not from here though) who think they know what happened. I imagine some of them don't even live in the same state but do it anyway. They may be the kind that thinks they are smarter than the investigators on the case.

I can certainly understand alerting police if someone is aware of evidence that may help any case even if the person doesn't think its that significant. That should always be done but when LE says they get tips that actually wind up just being theories then I think that is wasting the officers' valuable time. And it seems that is happening more and more nowadays.

I have never done so myself but if I had actual knowledge of some type of evidence in any case I certainly would let the police know it immediately. I think all of us at WS would report it to the police because we know how important these cases truly are to the victims and their families.

I've stated it before and will do so again. Law enforcement officers are grossly underpaid.

Sorry quote didn't appear on previous post. It's taken from the front far right side ( if looking toward property) of DR

What happened to the pavement that goes straight up to the door? JMO

Murder Investigation continues

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...-continues-fundraisers-for-victims-begin.html

'We're told that as early as next week the scene will be released, but Pike County Prosecutor Robert Junk said when that happens the homes will be boarded up to prevent looting.
According to Junk, he does not believe the murders were the acts of one person.
That confirms what the father of victim Gary Rhoden, told 10TV late last week. Kenneth Rhoden said the coroner told him two different bullet casings were found at the scene.
Search warrants at the four crimes scenes are expected to be returned next week, but Junk said those will be sealed to prevent evidence from being released to the public that could harm the investigation.
One of the victims of the Pike County mass murders was Hannah Gilley.
Saturday friends and family will gather at a Piketon bar to raise money for her funeral and for her orphaned son.
“Just a very outgoing loving girl,” Michelle Hanson said.
Gilley was only 20 years old when she lost her life in one of the worst mass shootings in Ohio history.
In her memory, friends are preparing an auction to help raise money for Hannah's family.
Hanson is helping to organize the event.'

I'm not encouraged if Junk is in control of this case. :/

What happened to the pavement that goes straight up to the door? JMO

Its there but the pic is at an angle imagine being at the bottom of a hill or ditch on that side and taking the pic you would not be able to see the pavement the vehicle is sitting on the pavement you just can't see it

I believe the property probably sits on a hill and the road is down hill from the property

Hi all. Ssshhhh...yes, one of you. :) I asked Jamie to use her timeline in my post. I think that there is much more factual info here than MSM is providing us, and they are getting off the trail and focusing more on the cultural aspect of this case than the facts.

Hmm, I read this too. Shows what speed-reading does for my comprehension.

It there but the pic is at an angle imagine being at the bottom of a hill or ditch on that side and taking the pic you would not be able to see the pavement the vehicle is sitting on the pavement you just can't see it

Let's let it go. We are not comparing the two pics eye to eye. Peace! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member