OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that maybe the reason the babies were spared was that the killer(s) are somehow managing to justify their actions to themselves on the grounds that the victims "deserved" it in some way in their minds, and killing the little ones would stop them doing that, in their own minds.

I think the kids not being harmed points to two things being involved. A woman and family.
This is jmo, so just tossing it out here. What if this was supposed to be a murder-suicide? But, the killer backed out. Also, I was looking into some stats and "women are not onlylikely to kill someone they know, they are also likely to kill their children and other familymembers (Mann, 1984). For example, mothers and stepmothers committed about half of allparental killings between 1976 and 1997 (Pollock & Davis, 2005). Silverman and Kennedy (1988) reported a similar finding that husbands andchildren are the victims in two thirds of the homicides perpetrated by women. So, I'm not leaning toward a female being involved just b/c the children were spared.

In exploring the stolen cars/car parts theory, I've done a bit more digging and came across a couple of things I'd thought I'd share.

One, the cars at 4077 UHR have been a rather recent addition. In looking at Google Earth using the timeline, I found that in May of 2012, while there were some junk cars sitting around, nothing near the extent of what is there now (with the most recent sat image being taken in 2015.). See the two attached images.

View attachment 93875

View attachment 93876

ETA: ...and here is a terraserver image from 8/29/2014. While grainy, it clearly shows that there not nearly the number of vehicles there even as late as 2014.

View attachment 93879

Secondly, 9 months ago in July of 2015, there was an bust of a large crime ring out of Cleveland Ohio called 'Operation Goodfella' which involved salvage yards and stolen car parts. One Carmine "The Bull" Agnello was the leading suspect taken down in these raids. This is of note because Agnello was the ex-husband of the daughter of a fellow named John Gotti. Yes, that John Gotti of the Gambino Family.

http://legacy.wkyc.com/story/news/local/cleveland/2015/07/15/organized-crime-police/30189017/

Probably means nothing, I just found it interesting.

Or it could mean everything...

JMO These people all died for different reasons.....some had to go because they could be witnesses.....some were killed out of jealousy, and some for a perceived betrayal in a business venture. That's how I see it. JMO The babies were not killed because they couldn't be witnesses in court.

I'm skeptical of the claim that there was money at his feet. It comes from one source and hasn't been corroborated by anyone else, AFAIK. Even LE (the AG, I believe) seemed to scoff at the notion.

I am too. I read that mafia hits sometimes involve throwing "blood money" on the victim. It's an insult showing how little the victim's life was worth. So, if there was money strewn on KR, I would think it was an amateurish attempt to lead LE astray.

In exploring the stolen cars/car parts theory, I've done a bit more digging and came across a couple of things I'd thought I'd share.

One, the cars at 4077 UHR have been a rather recent addition. In looking at Google Earth using the timeline, I found that in May of 2012, while there were some junk cars sitting around, nothing near the extent of what is there now (with the most recent sat image being taken in 2015.). See the two attached images.

View attachment 93875

View attachment 93876

ETA: ...and here is a terraserver image from 8/29/2014. While grainy, it clearly shows that there not nearly the number of vehicles there even as late as 2014.

View attachment 93879

Secondly, 9 months ago in July of 2015, there was an bust of a large crime ring out of Cleveland Ohio called 'Operation Goodfella' which involved salvage yards and stolen car parts. One Carmine "The Bull" Agnello was the leading suspect taken down in these raids. This is of note because Agnello was the ex-husband of the daughter of a fellow named John Gotti. Yes, that John Gotti of the Gambino Family.

http://legacy.wkyc.com/story/news/local/cleveland/2015/07/15/organized-crime-police/30189017/

That whole giant building is new in the last few years, then. Indoor grow op? If so, that is a very large grow op.

I bet there is more than 1 killer....hence killing the 3 adults in the kitchen as they stood there. I can see the family hushing up and not saying a word. I wonder about local LE...how reliable were they, are they, I do not know but the question needs to be asked. Since this news broke all eyes are on LE, but before, what was, if any, their involvement, what did they know or not do?

With that...this a true story. I can see this type of thing happening in Ohio....a big secret. We moved to Maryville, MO, about 1983, living there 4 years because of my husbands job. We were warned the first day, NOT to go to Skidmore, MO. IF we had to travel that way or through the town to drive straight through, not to talk to anyone and keep our mouth shut. We were like...WHAT? There is a book out, In Broad Daylight, by Harrty MacLean. (This can be googled). It is about Ken Rex McElroy, of Skidmore, MO, who for 21 years was the town bully and everyone was scared, terrified of him. McElroy was indicted 21 times and acquitted 20 times. The things he did were awful. The townspeople finally had enough. In 1981, McElroy and his wife sat in his pickup on mainstreet, the truck was surrounded by town and county people and McElroy was shot 21 times, killed....his young wife was not hurt. Three grand juries later, no one was charged. FBI was brought in and could not crack the case. There were over 40 witnesses to the shooting and NO ONE, not even his wife, would tell who the people were that did the shooting. NONE of the weapons were found...ever. To this day this is an unsolved murder. The town has kept the secret forever.

So, for an entire town to keep quiet for over 3 decades, not killing the wife who sat next to McElroy...I can see this family uniting and keeping quiet to 'protect' the killer or killers...I can see why the kids were not hurt. They were young, could not identify the killers and were family. The 3 year old could have been drugged, so sound asleep he did not hear anything. Was a Silencer or pillow uses??? I do not know. With McElroy, he was a bully, damaged, hurt and killed, people got tired of him as LE was even bullied and under McElroys thumb and on the take.....but what is the secret this family has? So many adults, were they going to break away from the family business, want more of the 'cut', involved in another business that other family members were not part of but wanted money from...we do not know yet...but I bet LE knows.

WS are asking all the right questions, going over all the possibilities, but follow the money and find the family secret....that will be very hard to do if this family had closed its ranks protecting the killers or killer much like Skidmore citizens have done some 30 years ago. JMO..a big secret ans money are the leads.

It is funny you brought up Skidmore. To add, and you probably know this, most of the natives in NW Missouri are descended from Appalachian people. In 1990, I did drive through Skidmore with some friends to see the "town that shot the bully". I've also read the book and saw the movie and thought both were very well done. No one will ever tell the secret of who shot the bully.

I agree - follow the money and figure out the family secret.

IMO he seemed to beat around the bush about it. His answer wasn't concrete- like many of his answers haven't been.

Was that on video? I only saw it in print and assumed the tabloid embellished what was said.

You mean someone knew everyone else was killed and then decided to kill KR? I'm not so sure.... the timing would have to be perfect. Wouldn't KR go check on the others? If he's supposed to be an early riser that is.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
YOU ARE RIGHT!! Yes, he would have. This makes me think that he was killed first. JMO

Video at link, much more info from one of a # of companies that hauled.

He says he and another worker helped tow five of a total of 18 vehicles away from the Rhoden property where eight members of the family were shot to death nearly two weeks ago.

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/local/up-to-18-vehicles-towed-from-pike-county-massacre-property

Neace said the cars were various makes and models with some missing parts such as engines.

He says investigators would not specify why specific vehicles were selected. He estimates a total of 40 vehicles were scattered in and around the property. He's not sure why the family had so many.

If and when the vehicles are released, does family have to pick them up and pay for any towing to bring them back to the property? If no one picks them up, does LE auction them?

View attachment 93875

View attachment 93876

View attachment 93879

Very interesting! I wonder if any rhoden family members were involved in any of their dealings, or in any cases against them. Seems unlikely, but at this point no one knows anything it seems.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I just had another thought regarding KR's dog. According to DS, LE couldn't go inside to check on KR until DS had secured the dog. We've all been speculating about the dog being inside but what if it was outside and not letting LE get out of their cars? I've been held at bay in my own driveway because my neighbor's freaking dog got out and he didn't know where the boundaries are lol.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

YOU ARE RIGHT!! Yes, he would have. This makes me think that he was killed first. JMO

Plus he was found in bed. As if he'd been sleeping when he was shot once.

Or Kenneth owed that person/people a lot more money than what was strewn at his feet. Maybe he promised to have the rest of the money by a certain time and tried to get his family to help raise it. Maybe he pulled them into a web he created, and they weren't able to meet the deadline. Maybe he thought the people/person he owed would give them more time, and didn't think they were going to be murdered over it. Just thinking.

Or maybe someone knew there was cash in the Rhoden homes. And scattered some of it at his feet to make it look like something else. I've been toying with this idea all day. If I killed someone, or a lot of someones, and stole money from them, I might think to leave some of it behind in a staged manner. Just thinking out loud.

I just had another thought regarding KR's dog. According to DS, LE couldn't go inside to check on KR until DS had secured the dog. We've all been speculating about the dog being inside but what if it was outside and not letting LE get out of their cars? I've been held at bay in my own driveway because my neighbor's freaking dog got out and he didn't know where the boundaries are lol.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Yes, that was discussed a while ago. The DS quote wasn't clear about where the dog was.

That whole giant building is new in the last few years, then. Indoor grow op? If so, that is a very large grow op.

The new building was open on both ends and a tractor shed (open bays) on the back end. I never posted this here, but a rumor a friend from the area shared was that the grow op was beneath that building. I personally doubt that's true though. I suspect the grow op was in the barn building in the wood line directly behind this building.

Welp. Had a horrific dream last night that I witnessed the murders.
The killer was a little boy who was possessed by a delivery driver named Bobby.

So there you have it. It was a mailman-possesed 7 year old.
Oh goodness, I'm a ton of pages behind but had to chime when I read this! I really think I'm losing my marbles, but I had a dream about these murders last night too. Only I have good news, someone was being arrested. LOL. Yep I've spent way too much time on this one I think.

Oh goodness, I'm a ton of pages behind but had to chime when I read this! I really think I'm losing my marbles, but I had a dream about these murders last night too. Only I have good news, someone was being arrested. LOL. Yep I've spent way too much time on this one I think.

Your dream sounds a helluva lot better than mine! Hoping yours comes to fruition soon.

Welp. Had a horrific dream last night that I witnessed the murders.
The killer was a little boy who was possessed by a delivery driver named Bobby.

So there you have it. It was a mailman-possesed 7 year old.

I swear, I'm not stalking your posts! :D I just saw someone else reply to this and I had to chime in too, because I dreamed about this last night too! Yours sounds pretty horrible. Mine was disturbing but not THAT scary. In my dream, I ended up taking in Brownie indefinitely because he didn't have anyone else who would care for him. There was other stuff, about an out of control motorhome, an oncoming train, and Rh relatives accusing me of smoking marijuana...anyway. I guess I should try to step away from this case for a few hours, at least before I go to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member