OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no new info. Are you new here? ;)

Thanks! I saw the notes above. Didn't look like anything new. AG's office is going too far overboard on this, IMO. They're creating some unnecessary fear and paranoia in the communities out there in Pike and Scioto counties.

An inside look at #PikeCounty marijuana camps linked to cartels >>> ddnnews.com/270q7JG

@Dayton daily news

I can't see arricle reached my limit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recap for you:

Camps discovered in 2010 and 2012. The one in 2010 found nearly 23,000 plants about 15 miles west of Piketon. 2012 found about 1,200 plants 15 miles northeast of Piketon. It goes on to describe the camps. Tents, portable kitchens, etc. Both abandoned.

Pike County rallies around 'heartbroken' sheriff

A community in Pike County comes to grips with the murder of eight members of a single family all shot execution-style, most while they slept.

WAVERLY, Ohio — Three days after the discovery of the largest unsolved homicide of its kind, the man in charge of the investigation needed a moment of normal. So Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader stopped at a Route 23 Speedway, same as he does every weekday morning.

He grabbed his two Mountain Dews and a couple of packs of Marlboro Lights, same as always. But life had changed here on April 22, and everyone knew this morning was different.

The sheriff had been working without a break since eight people in his community — all part of the Rhoden family — were shot to death in their four homes. Those who know him best say Reader, who was born and raised here on Germany Road, took it personally.

When he stepped to the counter to pay, Reader realized he didn’t have his wallet. But every customer in line offered to pay his tab. That’s because even though the rest of the world had only just been introduced to the sheriff when the unspeakable crime shoved him onto a national stage, this is Waverly. And here, he’s just Charlie having the worst day ever and needing a couple of packs of smokes.

<modsnip>

hzachariah@dispatch.com

@hollyzachariah

Speculating.

In in a round about way that may not meet official standards
we believe someone (of the original 7) was not found in the house, but in the woods.
indicating fleeing.
dogs may have been with him. Let out by him, stayed with him, or ran.
maybe that's why "dogs were nowhere to be found"

Pls delete if if no considered ok to post

I wonder if the person who wrote that blog is one of us... Similarly, I've also noticed that often when we put out a new theory or line of thought, I will shortly see a news story running with it. I think websleuths is being websleuthed!
It would be a smart move considering that we have gotten more done in the middle of the night than "those in authority", on a good day with the sun shining!!!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hi all. Ssshhhh...yes, one of you. :) I asked Jamie to use her timeline in my post. I think that there is much more factual info here than MSM is providing us, and they are getting off the trail and focusing more on the cultural aspect of this case than the facts.
Welcome, we love sanity and justice!!!

It would be a smart move considering that we have gotten more done in the middle of the night than "those in authority", on a good day with the sun shining!!!

Nah, those in authority are undoubtedly getting a whole lot more done than we are by going through Facebook pages and public records.

Nah, those in authority are undoubtedly getting a whole lot more done than we are by going through Facebook pages and public records.
Not touching that one! Lol!

Let out of the homes by I'm assuming the killer/s. But it was unclear.
Depending on what location the dogs were "let out" of and what time the murders happened, I suppose it could be possible that one of the victims was up and let dogs out to go to the bathroom. Just IMO and throwing that out there. And I know there has been a lot of talk about BJ's 911 call. I have never said anything before, but to me it did sound like there were dogs barking in the background.

Awesome article Pearline! Agreed that media is focusing too much on cultural aspects.

I don't think they talked about possibly towing 40 vehicles. IIRC, the tow truck driver said there were about 40 vehicles on the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7