OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the beginning, it was either Dewine or Reader that said that two of the surviving children were taken to the hospital. I assumed it was the 4 day old and the 6 month old and that they were making sure that they were not suffering from dehydration. Why not take the third child as well?

The babies would both have been needing more frequent feeding than the three year old, and I guess they didn't know how long it had been since they had been fed, poor little things.

They say they already have some video pertaining to the case. I wonder what they've got? http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ors-seek-relevant-pike-county-video/84186366/

Also from the link:

During the media session, DeWine declined to say when the Union Hill Road scenes will be released back to relatives of the victims, adding that BCI investigators remain on the Rhoden property.

"We have on the scene, not only very competent but also very experienced investigators from BCI who are working very closely with the sheriff," DeWine said.

He said there are typically around 20 BCI investigators on the scenes and two or three special prosecutors also working the case.

Answers one question I've had. In the event of an arrest, the AG's office will be leading the prosecution.

In the beginning, it was either Dewine or Reader that said that two of the surviving children were taken to the hospital. I assumed it was the 4 day old and the 6 month old and that they were making sure that they were not suffering from dehydration. Why not take the third child as well?

i agree with what others have said, but also the older child has a surviving parent. The other 2 babies did not as the 6mo old both mom and dad are deceased, and most likely the 4 day old didn't even have the birth certificate filed yet so all authorities would know is mom and is deceased

The thread is slowing down, so let's play a little game.

Other than the obvious who and why, what is the one question you would like to see answered? Here's mine:

Where was Chris Sr. when this all started. Was he staying at Dana's trailer or was he at the 4077 trailer or somewhere else?

My question would be whether or not the actual "target" was even one of the 8 murdered.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I still don't get it though, I would think they would want to get that toddler checked out as well. In my mind I had LE taking the kid down to the office and trying to get whatever information out of him that they could.

Well, it was reported that the 4 day old was found in bed with HR, it was implied by LM that the 6 month old was in bed with FR and HG, it has never been implied where FR's 3 year old was, which may have been in another room away from the carnage. So the youngest may have been taken in to be checked out, cleaned off, checked for potential evidence being on them due to them being potentially so near to the crime scene. JMO. I'm sure the other child had immediate medical attention on scene with EMS, but the others may have needed a more thorough check due to potentially being in bed with them.. And more than just being cleaned off at the scene. JMO.

How did they see? Shooting 2 people in bed and not hitting a child in bed with them in the dark? GRRR This case gets more strange. BTW Hubby says night vision glasses which maybe a hunter might use? Anyone have any ideas on this?

I wonder why Hannah Gilley's 2016 timeline posts have been removed from FB.

FB pages get wonky when they are turned into a remembrance page, this happened with my best friends. I can't tag her or see everything that she had posted.

How did they see? Shooting 2 people in bed and not hitting a child in bed with them in the dark? GRRR This case gets more strange. BTW Hubby says night vision glasses which maybe a hunter might use? Anyone have any ideas on this?

I wondered about this too. We could be overthinking it, and the killer(s) didn't know there was a newborn in the bed, and the miss was luck.

Or, the guns could have flashlights on them, like what they use on Hawaii 5-0 every week.

Someone just asked our big question about this case. I have so many, but I want to know why the kids were spared. To me, the just signals it wasn't a cartel. It was more a message to someone left behind. JMO of course.

I agree with some of that. I hope they find the killers and restore peace to these communities. But as time goes by, the news media moves on. Local people won't forget, nor will local LE.

We've seen it happen here at WS - big cases that grab lots of national attention, lots of money spent, investigations, etc. and a few years later, it goes cold. A recent one gone cold was the kidnapping and killing of Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook in Evansdale, IA. The case received international attention, LE investigated everything and everyone, the community turned out in droves, yet here they are today, still with no answers. But local LE is still working the case, the local townspeople haven't forgotten.

I hope that's not the case for Pike County. These people need a break, they're frightened and on edge. They deserve a break, as do the families and friends of the victims.
BBM-I'm local to this. And you're right, not a word from LE. However, they are still working on it actively and say they get tips all the time. The local news usually does a story on it in July and Dec. When the girls were kidnaped and when they were found deceased. We usually hear from Elizabeth's parents at that time, too. Lyric's parents are both in prison for drugs.

Yes, back roads would allow you to leave BBL located just off of St. Rt. 104 and drive with the only state route to cross being 772. With a few deft turns, you could be on Left Fork road and then from there, the back way onto Union Hill. Sorry, I thought you meant they were literally walking through the woods at night lol!
What about ATV's? Are they as loud as motorcycles? Given the presence of my gangs, would the sound of an ATV br considered unusual?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well, we also don't know how close of range these shots were. Some people also sleep with TV's or night lights on, especially if they might be getting up with babies throughout the night. JMO.

If you're referring to the R&MW cited in that article, MSW was a first cousin to CRSr & KR on their mother's side, not a sibling.

The do have a sister, BW, who is married to a DW.

The address of 4199 Union Hill Road in Pike County resolves at the Pike County auditor database to R&MW, but it is listed as a delinquent tax account only that dates back to 1998.

If I'm reading the data correctly, I think that tax/penalties were for a mobile home only -- no acreage.

http://www.pike-co.org/

I think that is an address for where FR was living. Can't say for sure if the R&MW tax account is for the mobile home currently located there or not.

The WS poster Dayna understands the property ownership better than I do. IIRC, there is some cloudy data as to who does own that particular real estate.

MW died in 2012. Her obituary and her father's obituary are helpful for lining out some of the family relationships.

http://m.newswatchman.com/obituaries/article_39d07754-af00-5649-8e92-8a1edbf0226a.html?mode=jqm

http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/port...-stone&pid=171244415&referrer=0&preview=false

You are correct. You did a great job explaining.

My thought was, and still is, night vision in some form.

Not inexpensive, but not difficult to buy if one has the bucks. Or possibly steal them from somewhere.

This is one of the factors that leans me towards professionals or at least someone(s) with a military or law enforcement background.

I suppose one could simply flip a light switch on and proceed from there, but that seems too risky with regard to catching their subjects unaware.

I wish we knew what sort of firearms were involved. If rifles were used, then night vision scopes seem like good possibilities.

Big Bear Lake (actually, Lake Frasure) is 8.39 miles as the crow flies from the closest (Left Fork) murder scene and roughly another 3 miles as the crow flies to the Union Hill Road locations. You think the killers walked 8-12 miles to the murder scenes, through the woods, across farms and residences to murder the Rhodens and then walked back? Instead of taking the back roads that would easily allow them to drive to these locations without barely touching a blacktopped road?

Okay, I don't see it, but that's JMO.

I don't think anyone walked, but they could have used four wheelers. Those things can go ANYWHERE.

Maybe Hannah slept with a night light? Also we don't know how close the gun was when it was fired. Maybe they crept up on her while she was in bed and just put the gun right next to her head. I honestly hope that's what happened. I can't stand the idea of her begging for her life next to her baby, not knowing if the killers were going to kill both of them. But then again the idea that any of them knew what was going to happen is horrible. JMO

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members