OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other aspect of the vehicles is: regardless of the visible VIN on the dash underneath the windshield, cars have other hidden VIN locations. Ditto for parts. Body panels, engines, ECM's... all have unique ID's. I would imagine all that is going to be examined if they have gone to the trouble of yanking 100-150 vehicles.This is not routine. It is not a small matter to pay the rollback fees for 150 pulls plus there will be storage fees from the tow companies. Sort of heading in an ominous direction. See, I don't think you occupy detectives' time on some rusty junked cars unless you have fertile leads and a darn good reason for committing those types of resources. Something has come up with the provenance of some of those towed cars.

Why does this make me think they've got nothing?? Someone tell me I'm wrong. Why didn't they ask before today? My security camera only saves video for 48 hours. God...
Ikr? And surely people in the area would have already checked their video feeds right after this and offered them up if anything at all was on them. Hopefully they have something and are just looking for extra evidence. I just can't believe this is their first request. I'd have thought they'd surely canvased the area and asked businesses and neighbors.

The tractor trailer full of flea market stuff doesn't shock me. It's pretty common around here these days.

I'm curious about the cars, though....

It really is not an uncommon thing to see in the country-cars, car parts, half cars, car shells....it's just a thing! And, honestly....nothing I saw in any of the footage (that I have shamefully obsessed over) looked like it had any real value in the grand scheme of things. I truly cannot put my finger on why these things would be of any investigative value.

I'm super interested in the idea that there is video out there, and what they might have. The motion sensor light might be the reason that GR and ChrSR were found in such odd positions if they were alerted to someone's presence beforehand...and maybe tried to fight back. I just don't know.

Ikr? And surely people in the area would have already checked their video feeds right after this and offered them up if anything at all was on them. Hopefully they have something and are just looking for extra evidence. I just can't believe this is their first request. I'd have thought they'd surely canvased the area and asked businesses and neighbors.

"Attorney General Mike DeWine said Tuesday authorities have acquired video in what is on course to become the most time-consuming investigation in Ohio history, but need more of it."

"We reached out to people initially that we thought might have video," DeWine said during a media session in his Cincinnati office.* "We were able to obtain some video."

"This is just an attempt to get anything that has been missed" he said."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ors-seek-relevant-pike-county-video/84186366/

We don't know if they were nice cars.. Or even running. I have 5 cars sitting in my driveway. One has exploded airbags, one needs a muffler, one is a handicap van for my son, and 2 are daily drivers. Far from rich. -- it also seems like she had family that knew how to work on cars. They could've bought very cheap cars that needed some work she could get done easily from family.

CRsr owned a lot of property, he could have inherited the farm equipment.. Or obtained it in a sketchy fashion... Or maybe it's even being borrowed. Or storing it for someone else. If anyone had access to some cash, I'm guessing CRsr was one of them. A couple hundred plants will bring in some money, even if it's ditch weed. He was also a carpenter, which can definitely generate some cash - especially the ones I know that get paid under the table JMO.

Either way, we know illegal activity was going on. And DR and HR being CNA's - or the equivalent of, is not usually a great paying job. I know I make more than the CNA's at my hospital and their job is a hell of a lot worse than mine.

All JMO.

Or CR was paying her in cars? lol. Sorry. Nothing about this case is funny but you have to admit it's a possibility?

Or CR was paying her in cars? lol. Sorry. Nothing about this case is funny but you have to admit it's a possibility?

It really is! Haha - or paying her in work on cars. They frequented auctions it sounded like - at least DS and KR, I'm assuming CRsr did as well, if not all of them - you can pick up cars cheap.

I'm obviously not able to add to my original notes (the summary notes that have been linked to the first page of these threads) but below are the notes I've added to my personal list (if anyone cares to read them). And if anyone knows a way to add them, please feel free.

Most of the notes came from this article on Cincinnati.com.

UPDATE 5/10/2016

AG: LE has obtained video footage but are not disclosing what that footage consists of or where they obtained from. LE is also requesting additional footage from the night of April 21st and the morning of April 22nd from other residents and/or businesses near the Rhoden property. The footage being sought can be anything of relevance and includes the movement of vehicles.

"We reached out to people initially that we thought might have video."
"We were able to obtain some video." - AG DeWine

Per Leonard Manley (Dana Rhoden's father):

- Chris Sr. had (at least) two surveillance cameras mounted near the entrance of his property on Union Hill Road. The cameras were equipped with motion sensors that lit up the area being filmed. You could see cars pulling into the driveway and the people inside the cars from the camera's location and he believes CRS kept them on all the time. He doesn't know if LE has obtained footage from the cameras.

- LE has taken between 100-150 vehicles from the area surrounding Chris Sr.'s home. They have also taken a backhoe, a semi-tractor trailer with "flea market stuff" in it, and other farming equipment. The other vehicles were in different stages of repair and would have eventually been sold or the parts scavenged.

Per Bobby Jo Manley (Chris Rhoden Sr.'s sister):

- Kenneth also had a video security system at 799 Left Ford Road. She doesn't know if LE was able to obtain footage.

- Four of the cars taken from Chris Sr.'s property belonged to her.

According to property records: Chris Sr. owned roughly 30 acres of property in and around the crime scenes.

Updated Numbers:

- 120 interviews conducted
- 500 tips received
- 90 staff members involved with the investigation (which is roughly 25% of the BCI's staff)

- 20 BCI staffers are typically at the crime scenes
- 2-3 special prosecutors are also working on the case
- 40: the highest number of investigators "on the ground" in Pike County in a day
- 2 billboard locations have been donated to advertise tip lines; both are located on US 23 -- one on the north end of Waverly and one on the south end

RHODEN FAMILY BUSINESS VENTURES

*Cannabis grow operations

*Car Business

**advertiser censored* Fighting

*Car Derby

* Dog Breeding

*Flea market? (BJM said trailer holds flea market things)

All of these are *CASH* operations and one of these might be the motive for murder.

The age old saying " follow the dollar"......................

The thread is slowing down, so let's play a little game.

Other than the obvious who and why, what is the one question you would like to see answered? Here's mine:

Where was Chris Sr. when this all started. Was he staying at Dana's trailer or was he at the 4077 trailer or somewhere else?

In what order did the assailants go to the homes? That may shed light on a pattern of thought.

I'm obviously not able to add to my original notes (the summary notes that have been linked to the first page of these threads) but below are the notes I've added to my personal list (if anyone cares to read them). And if anyone knows a way to add them, please feel free.

UPDATE 5/10/2016

AG: LE has obtained video footage but are not disclosing what that footage consists of or where they obtained from. LE is also requesting additional footage from the night of April 21st and the morning of April 22nd from other residents and/or businesses near the Rhoden property. The footage being sought can be anything of relevance and includes the movement of vehicles.

- Chris Sr. had (at least) two surveillance cameras mounted near the entrance of his property on Union Hill Road. The cameras were equipped with motion sensors that lit up the area being filmed. You could see cars pulling into the driveway and the people inside the cars from the camera's location and he believes CRS kept them on all the time. He doesn't know if LE has obtained footage from the cameras.

- LE has taken between 100-150 vehicles from the area surrounding Chris Sr.'s home. They have also taken a backhoe, a semi-tractor trailer with "flea market stuff" in it, and other farming equipment. The other vehicles were in different stages of repair and would have eventually been sold or the parts scavenged.

- Kenneth also had a video security system at 799 Left Ford Road. She doesn't know if LE was able to obtain footage.

According to property records: Chris Sr. owned roughly 30 acres of property in and around the crime scenes.

Updated Numbers:

- 500 tips received
- 90 staff members involved with the investigation (which is roughly 25% of the BCI's staff)

- 40: the highest number of investigators "on the ground" in Pike County in a day
- 2 billboard locations have been donated to advertise tip lines; both are located on US 23 -- one on the north end of Waverly and one on the south end

He doesn't specifically say the camera and lights were together.

"Leonard Manley, the father of Dana Rhoden, said his former son-in-law Christopher Rhoden Sr. had at least two video cameras mounted to a building near the entrance of his trailer on Union Road. When motorists arrived at this driveway, a sensor would turn lights on, he said."

“You could clearly see the cars and even the people inside," said Manley, sitting outside his home on Union Hill Road Tuesday."

He could be saying he had cameras AND flood lights. He doesn't specifically say they were placed together. So we don't know if he is saying the cameras could clearly see the cars and the people inside or if the lights illuminating could. JMO.

It also said, regarding cars being towed -

"Since the investigation started, Leonard Manley said, authorities have taken between 100 and 150 vehicles from the properties in and around Christopher Rhoden Sr.’s home as well as a backhoe and another piece of farming equipment."

So we don't know her vehicles were actually towed from his direct property. Remember those warrants we don't have.

JMO.

UPDATE 5/10/2016

Updated Numbers:

- 500 tips received

Thanks, Cujenn81!

I'm not aware of any way to update those posts right now. Why don't you just post them in a new post at the end. Thanks again!

"Attorney General Mike DeWine said Tuesday authorities have acquired video in what is on course to become the most time-consuming investigation in Ohio history, but need more of it."

"We reached out to people initially that we thought might have video," DeWine said during a media session in his Cincinnati office.* "We were able to obtain some video."

"This is just an attempt to get anything that has been missed" he said."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ors-seek-relevant-pike-county-video/84186366/

It's late, I missed it. Thanks.

UPDATE 5/10/2016

Updated Numbers:

- 500 tips received

Not meaning to be THAT person but BJM is DR's sister.

*Car Business

*Car Derby

* Dog Breeding

All of these are *CASH* operations and one of these might be the motive for murder.

And these are just ones we have gotten wind of.. And I'm not positive the police have ever confirmed they were involved in *advertiser censored* fighting or dog breeding, just said they had cages that could be consistent with it..

CRsr was also a carpenter which is usually a cash paying job. Many people I know have done jobs "under the table". JMO.

*Car Business

*Car Derby

* Dog Breeding

And the medical company as well as many working at Big Bear

Property records show that the various Rhodens combined held around 70 acres of land, from the aerial views it looks heavily wooded. I guess you could have 100-150 cars hidden back in there, but sounds like a lot to me. Not sure if link to property records will work but here goes:

http://www.realestate.pike-co.org/re/re-process.php?quantity=rhoden&quantity1=&item=Name&sentby=1

Sorry, the single parcel that is 40 acres is north of Left Fork Road ... the parcels on Union Hill Road are all small (1.25 to 2.5 acres) so there's no way you could even *fit* 100-150 cars on those properties ... which makes one wonder where they are finding all these cars in the first place.

I think 100 - 150 cars is a game changer. They are building a hella case against someone.

I've been reading and thinking about this. The AG's request seems - odd. With as many investigators as they have in the area working on this case, my guess is that they have personally talked to every business and every resident in this area to inquire about security footage and to also ask if they noticed anything and that this was done within the first couple of days.

Snipped by me for relevance...

That's a GREAT point & observation!!!

The other aspect of the vehicles is: regardless of the visible VIN on the dash underneath the windshield, cars have other hidden VIN locations. Ditto for parts. Body panels, engines, ECM's... all have unique ID's. I would imagine all that is going to be examined if they have gone to the trouble of yanking 100-150 vehicles.This is not routine. It is not a small matter to pay the rollback fees for 150 pulls plus there will be storage fees from the tow companies. Sort of heading in an ominous direction. See, I don't think you occupy detectives' time on some rusty junked cars unless you have fertile leads and a darn good reason for committing those types of resources. Something has come up with the provenance of some of those towed cars.
I agree this seems more than routine to me. I didn't think about those tow fees either. I don't think there will be storage fees though. Pike County has their own impound lot. I found it on the sheriffs site. I don't see them seizing evidence and putting it on property the public can access.

Originally and throughout I have felt as though this crime was committed by someone who was personal to this family. Someone who knew they had money they couldn't put in the bank. Someone who knew their schedules. Someone who knew about their cameras. And someone who was familiar enough to comfortably pull onto property that has sensored lights as well as cameras.

I dont see see how this could be anything but a personal connect. Who else would know their schedule during night and evening hours. Due to their location it would be highly unlikely that someone staked them out without being noticed on country roads such as those (where everyone knows everyone.)Cartel would not be informed on their nightly routines at 4 separate locations. Cartel wouldn't even be familiar with that particular area without sticking out like a sore thumb. I think that we need to start looking more into who personally would have access to all of their routines, locations, and information on their illegal activities.. Assuming the motive here is either Robbery or Rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member