OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I find BJM's interview 100% believable. I'd like to know if she normally had people with her when she did the chores.

It amazes me that the dogs did not turn on the attackers. Just hard to fathom of all the pit bulls involved, mean and there for protection, that they were not aggressive against the perpetrators.

Pit Bulls are not as mean and vicious and they are made out to be. Most are like any other pet dog. My daughter has two.

Propane has many uses including running generators (and some types of welding/soldering), http://www.danielspropane.com/propaneuses.html

I'll also add certain stoves/ovens to your list. :)

I'm a clerk for my county's school district, and I approve the propane invoices for payment. We primarily use propane in cafeterias (not in all 52 but in a few of the older ones) and for backup generators.

Interesting story at cincinnati.com. A very detailed account of Bobby Jo. It answers some questions, and raises new ones. Up to now, we were always given the impression that Bobby Jo was alone when she found the bodies. Yet, there were indications on the 911 tape that she wasn't alone. It has now been confirmed that she was not alone:
Then -- as she did most every weekday morning -- she drove over to the trailer of Christopher Rhoden, Sr., 40, to feed his dogs and chickens. Rhoden was her brother-in-law.

She had a friend and his wife with her when she pulled into the driveway.
Question: How many people does it take to feed a dog and some chickens? I am really, really curious who the friend and the wife are. Why did she arrive with 2 other people? Perhaps these were all "employees" of the "family business".

At the very end of the 911 I hear Bobby Jo say "please don't hurt me", and then a male voice says "good job". This is just what I hear, but other people listening to it have heard something different. I encourage everone here on websleuths to listen again to the 911 call with good quality headphones. It almost seems to me that someone was coaching her to make the 911 call. Why did Bobby Jo have to make the 911 call? I woud think that the other two people (who I presume are not related but who knows) would be more composed, because they are not related to the victims. Were the other 2 people riding in Bobby Jo's car? That seems strange. There sure was no shortage of cars, and one would think that a married couple would own at least one car to share. I think that the 2 other people drove by themselves. They may have arrived before Bobby Jo, or later.

There seems to be a contrast between Bobby "I was not leaving those babies in there" and her brother, who did leave the baby in the house. I find it odd that he backed out of the trailer, but I guess people in shock may act in surprising ways.

Although this account is closer to the truth than what we were made to believe before. There are still lingering questions. According to LM's account, she went into Frankie's house first, contradicting this news story.

Pit Bulls are not as mean and vicious and they are made out to be. Most are like any other pet dog. My daughter has two.

I have one. The cats smack her in the face and she just turns her back to them. However my best friend has come around the back of the house unexpectedly and she has had a short stand off with some growling until I said it was ok. Great dog really the best dog I've ever had.

Depending on the order in which everyone was killed. I find it extremely odd killer(s) would just be going location to location SHOOTING people so close with others in the area. Guns are so loud and a shot will carry a good distance, it's easy to tell when it's to close. We are not even talking in the basement of a brick house or something. The walls and windows in older trailers is paper thin. There are structures a few hundred yards away. 1 shot you might not notice or even find strange. GRs dad had been quoted saying GR had been shot 3 times in the head, there were three victims in close proximity (CR1,FR and HG) we know they were all shot more than once so for the sake of avoiding argument a minimum of 6 shots were fired in a reasonably short period of time. There is no way IMO if those other structures were occupied no one heard anything nor did it raise suspicion for at least one person. Suppressers for weapons require a tax stamp from the ATF if I had access to that data base, its where I'd start see who in the area may have one or access to one. You can also make them out of oil filters so it may not help at all.

Guns aren't loud.
Some ammunition, when fired, is loud- some is not. Without knowing the specifics on weapons and ammunition used there is no way to determine how loud the shots were. If they used a 10 gauge, you're probably right. If they used a low velocity .380 or 9mm round and fired through a pillow you aren't. People will sleep through a lot that happens at the neighbor's house.

Depending on the order in which everyone was killed. I find it extremely odd killer(s) would just be going location to location SHOOTING people so close with others in the area. Guns are so loud and a shot will carry a good distance, it's easy to tell when it's to close. We are not even talking in the basement of a brick house or something. The walls and windows in older trailers is paper thin. There are structures a few hundred yards away. 1 shot you might not notice or even find strange. GRs dad had been quoted saying GR had been shot 3 times in the head, there were three victims in close proximity (CR1,FR and HG) we know they were all shot more than once so for the sake of avoiding argument a minimum of 6 shots were fired in a reasonably short period of time. There is no way IMO if those other structures were occupied no one heard anything nor did it raise suspicion for at least one person. Suppressers for weapons require a tax stamp from the ATF if I had access to that data base, its where I'd start see who in the area may have one or access to one. You can also make them out of oil filters so it may not help at all.

I doubt that someone that would do this would worry about having a legal silencer. I've heard of taping a two liter bottle on a shotgun barrel for a silencer. Something could be homemade...

Is somebody really going to take the time to come in through a window to murder somebody and/or go out the window after murdering somebody? Unless it would be quieter to come in through a window as to not alert someone versus breaking the door in and/or the door lock? I guess depending on whether the trailer doors had added locks possibly or different type of locks than what we normally think of as being on a trailer door?

And if walking into a crime scene/murder scene where you see nothing but blood and you don't specifically notice the person has been shot, are you really going to think to look for shell casings?? Thoughts??

Guns aren't loud.
Some ammunition, when fired, is loud- some is not. Without knowing the specifics on weapons and ammunition used there is no way to determine how loud the shots were. If they used a 10 gauge, you're probably right. If they used a low velocity .380 or 9mm round and fired through a pillow you aren't. People will sleep through a lot that happens at the neighbor's house.

maybe you don't hear a .22 but you hear a 9mm or a .380 the shots would have been ringing through them hills and the coon dogs would be going crazy without doubt.

Wow. Well there is some new stuff to ponder. Two people ? And brother , son and those two peeps questioned right off the bat. Wow.

Is somebody really going to take the time to come in through a window to murder somebody and/or go out the window after murdering somebody? Unless it would be quieter to come in through a window as to not alert someone versus breaking the door in and/or the door lock? I guess depending on whether the trailer doors had added locks possibly or different type of locks than what we normally think of as being on a trailer door?

And if walking into a crime scene/murder scene where you see nothing but blood and you don't specifically notice the person has been shot, are you really going to think to look for shell casings?? Thoughts??

I'm thinking more like they knew the person/persons and let them in not suspecting anything then they were killed the doors were locked and the perp exited the window

I doubt that someone that would do this would worry about having a legal silencer. I've heard of taping a two liter bottle on a shotgun barrel for a silencer. Something could be homemade...

"heard of" and experiencing it are totally different. I hear of a lot of things. As I said "you can make them out of oil filters so it may not help at all".

Im thinking they asked her if she noticed any bullets or casings and her reply was she did not. I don't think it means that there was not any, like you said she probably was not looking for them

So she thinks the people might have went in behind her? Good excuse for dna.....

I just got through w/the new article. After hearing her speak of the two pits on the porch, I'm thinking KR had one, Brownie, CR1 had the two pits indoors most times, and DR had the "wolf dog". Even though our dogs are housebroken and do stay indoors quite a bit, they are also outdoors a lot, especially the large ones. Our smaller lap dogs go out to potty and run right back in. Maybe someone they knew stopped by and they put the dogs out. I've done that for people who were nervous of mine.

That whole scene she describes in both trailers smacks of special ops. In the window, business done, police shell casings, out the front door locking it behind them to delay discovery of bodies. This sort of fixes it in my mind as ex- military or ex-police. Geez, just what were these victims into? Whatever it was they were in way over their heads.
That being said since these guys were into doing anything to make a dollar, I wonder if they worked cleaning up that uranium plant in Piketon?

Are the killer (s) going to take time to pick up their shell casings during and/or after murdering 8 people? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove