OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im thinking that KR might have been found on the couch/bed in the slide out section of the 5th wheel. On the left side you can see it still extended. Or maybe the boards kept them from pushing it in before towing it. Strange

I think so too....the fact that the camper was unlocked leads me to believe he was caught earlier....he never locked up as most would before going to bed

I really question the reasoning for this move of the crime scenes. Could this not create more problems for the prosecution than help? I can easily see a defense attorney having a field day with this---planting doubts about their reasoning for moving the crime scenes inside the command center and out of the public's eye, doubts about who had access to the crime scenes to plant evidence, painting a picture of multiple investigators from multiple agencies constantly milling in and out with ease and no one any the wiser.

I don't really think it would cause a problem anymore than other crimes where evidence is stored. They just have to be able to show chain of command IMO. Think of the times murders are committed in a car or truck, those vehicles are crime scenes too and we know LE takes them in for the investigation. As soon as we learned the vehicles were being towed I assumed it was only a matter of time before the trailers were brought in too. It makes sense to me when I consider the surrounding counties are in short supply of their officers so the properties (crime scenes) can continue to be guarded. They've all been stretched thin since the day of the murders.

I really question the reasoning for this move of the crime scenes. Could this not create more problems for the prosecution than help? I can easily see a defense attorney having a field day with this---planting doubts about their reasoning for moving the crime scenes inside the command center and out of the public's eye, doubts about who had access to the crime scenes to plant evidence, painting a picture of multiple investigators from multiple agencies constantly milling in and out with ease and no one any the wiser.

I'm sure they have photographed every inch of those homes previous to the move

Does anyone remember him ever saying this?

Mr. DeWine has also said he expects the investigation to be lengthy. He previously described the series of killings as a well-thought-out murder in which “the killers are long gone"

http://www.wsj.com/articles/latest-step-in-ohio-shooting-moving-crime-scenes-for-safe-keeping-1463085950

Yes, he used those words in the context of comparing these murders to a mass shooting where the perp(s) are generally killed on the scene (or shortly thereafter as in San Bernadino) by law enforcement or from their own hand.

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine warns that this likely will be a lengthy investigation. In most mass shootings in recent years, such as school shootings, the suspect is typically caught right away or commits suicide. In this case, DeWine says, the killers are "long gone," and it will take some investigation to find them. Authorities sent at least 79 pieces of evidence to a state crime lab to be analyzed, and dozens of people have been interviewed.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/04/25/pike-county-background.html

This is pandora's box
Could someone be upset chris sr and dana reconcile? She did get new place! Now box is open victims investigated and more going down.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That box has already been opened. :)
Some of us thought that perhaps that could have been a trigger since he spent $120k on that land.

I don't really think it would cause a problem anymore than other crimes where evidence is stored. They just have to be able to show chain of command IMO. Think of the times murders are committed in a car or truck, those vehicles are crime scenes too and we know LE takes them in for the investigation. As soon as we learned the vehicles were being towed I assumed it was only a matter of time before the trailers were brought in too. It makes sense to me when I consider the surrounding counties are in short supply of their officers so the properties (crime scenes) can continue to be guarded. They've all been stretched thin since the day of the murders.

Good point. I didn't even think about homicides that occur in cars. I think the whole Steven Avery ordeal must still be fresh in my mind.

I could be wrong about the "please, don't hurt me" because she is saying it while crying, but I cannot hear anything else that she could be saying. I am pretty sure about the "good job". I think it is an adult male voice. If Bobby's story is correct then it couldn't have been a child, because she called 911 before going into Frankie's house.

With headphones, I hear "please don't hurt me" and "good job." Although, to me, the "good job" voice sounds like an adult woman.

I still think that when/if this case is tried it will rely far less on forensics than testimony of people involved, or connected to them. I think it unlikely that the guns will ever be recovered. Apparently shells were collected. Odds are any vehicles involved are scattered in a million pieces, or at the bottom of some pond. Unles they are able to get some dna that matches some on file, I don't see it being helpful. And even then tying a person's presence to the killing would be iffy. I think this will be solved, but likely not for awhile. And not until some tangential folks are taken down for something else.

Yes, he used those words in the context of comparing these murders to a mass shooting where the perp(s) are generally killed on the scene (or shortly thereafter as in San Bernadino) by law enforcement or from their own hand.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/04/25/pike-county-background.html
I took his statement to mean long gone from the crime scenes, not long gone on a beach in Micronesia.
Not that I want to get into parsing every word he has uttered (again), but how did you guys take that statement?

This is interesting in that one of the victims had been involved in drug trafficking. He and his girlfriend had 4 kids, none of whom were harmed during the murder.

Happened just a couple of weeks before the Rhodens were killed.

I remember hearing about it, but I never looked into it. Then I saw that article tonight and thought it was interesting. Some of the quotes of Sanders I found interesting.

BJM lives on Woods Rd. and it's about a 10-12 minute drive from Union Hill, on the Peebles, Ohio side of 32.

I'm getting mixed info. I just got info that she lived at one of CR1s properties. ?

We really shouldn't be talking at all about where BJM lives, which has been asked of us numerous times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took his statement to mean long gone from the crime scenes, not long gone on a beach in Micronesia.
Not that I want to get into parsing every word he has uttered (again), but how did you guys take that statement?

My take was that this was planned as opposed to passion, and the killers were not locals.

I took it the same way.

Long gone from the scene.

Not necessarily in Timbuktu.

I took it to mean that maybe it was a hint they had been deceased for several hours - and he knew they weren't down the road turning the corner from fleeing the scene. I don't think he meant they were sipping margaritas in Punta Cana. JMO.

We really shouldn't be talking at all about where BJM lives, which has been asked of us numerous times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My bad. I was trying to figure out her proximity to CR1 and the time lapse. I got on a train of thought and forgot.

What does that mean? "Still current is off key"?

If you're sleuthing living family members, don't mention it. There is plenty more information in the web. If you want to share more or read more, there are other places to do so. You will find much of what you are asking has been addressed in those places.

Are you allowed to share any names of other sites? I learned of WS through one, who's name I won't mention, and am sure glad I did. You all are very knowledgeable and thorough. Keep up the great work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd