OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just getting ready to come edit that. Whups.

For about two days last week I disassociated DR from the Scioto county properties completely. I was so baffled when people kept talking about her living on land CR had just purchased. I think reading the Pike County headlines for so long made me forget one of the crime scenes was in Scioto county.

Previous owners only paid $30k for it and did the additions. You can see them in property sketch however the photo provided is of 2008. It appears to me that updates were done in 2008, 2010 and 2013.

And to answer another question from the poster before you, I have not sleuthed the previous owners but I do have a suspicion as to why they wanted it and paid more for it.

The conveyance number and deed # are the same. Isn't there a chance he bought both parcels for $60,000?

So am I reading it right that CSR overpaid on property by right around 60,000.00 PLUS based on the value at the tax auditors office? Is there any chance the previous owners could have had it surveyed maybe and the value went up?

Does anyone know if the previous owner was a relative of any kind? I can see this as being a weird attempt at maybe handing some money off to someone else for safe keeping to make it appear as if it's a land purchase. Honestly, I have no idea how the heck doing something like that would even work.

And, just to brainstorm further...why if you're making enough money to be able to have that kind of cash around, how are you not living a little better as far as living conditions are concerned? 120 grand is nothing to shake a stick at. A friend of mine just bought around 130 acres in some beautiful country for around 150,000 to use as hunting grounds and, eventually, they will probably build on it. Maybe he had plans for it for the future, other than using it for something less than legal? I still don't see how anyone could overpay that much for land when the value is assessed as being much less than that. Surely he wouldn't have been that bad at purchasing land, right? He would know the ins and outs of the purchasing process?

The conveyance number and deed # are the same. Isn't there a chance he bought both parcels for $60,000?

That would make a lot more sense. The properties I've sold have more than one parcel but they were all included in the one price. I have't looked at the site myself, just going by the number others here have provided.

Wow! $60,000 for 6 acres? Does that land have buildings on it as well? I can't hardly imagine $10,000 an acre land...

It also seems to me like property sales might also be be a good way to make other types of "transactions" look legit. People who are buying/selling a lot of "product" might use the guise of property sales as a reason for large amounts of cash exchanging hands?

Maybe I'm way off base, but just a thought.

So am I reading it right that CSR overpaid on property by right around 60,000.00 PLUS based on the value at the tax auditors office? Is there any chance the previous owners could have had it surveyed maybe and the value went up?

Does anyone know if the previous owner was a relative of any kind? I can see this as being a weird attempt at maybe handing some money off to someone else for safe keeping to make it appear as if it's a land purchase. Honestly, I have no idea how the heck doing something like that would even work.

And, just to brainstorm further...why if you're making enough money to be able to have that kind of cash around, how are you not living a little better as far as living conditions are concerned? 120 grand is nothing to shake a stick at. A friend of mine just bought around 130 acres in some beautiful country for around 150,000 to use as hunting grounds and, eventually, they will probably build on it. Maybe he had plans for it for the future, other than using it for something less than legal? I still don't see how anyone could overpay that much for land when the value is assessed as being much less than that. Surely he wouldn't have been that bad at purchasing land, right? He would know the ins and outs of the purchasing process?

Because when you are making money illegally, you don't tend to flaunt it. Some people are perfectly content. They were born and raised there. That is their comfort zone. Some don't need or want anything more than what they have. Some people enjoy the simple life.

I think the movement and purchase of DRs home had something to do with space. FR and HG needed a place of their own with the birth of the new baby and also HR expecting there just wasn't room. Dayna prior to the purchase of DRs home does it appear CRsr, DR, all the kids and grand kids were split into 2 trailers more or less? If that's true and GR was staying up there, that's a ton of people in 2 regular size trailers.

DR, CRjr, HR and her daughter were not living in CRsr's house on UHR before the move. They were in another house on a different CRsr property. That property comes into play in another crime scene.

Aargh....I've tried and can't seem to square this circle! Any hints about fruitful sources would be much appreciated.

Yes, I would love a steer in the right direction on this also! Seems to me that this fifth location could hold a lot of answers for us, no? This one has me a bit stumped, not sure where to even begin looking.

ETA: Sorry did not realize the whole quote did not copy. This is in regards to the video someone posted from the WHIO site regarding a possible fifth search location that is located just inside Scioto county.

http://m.whio.com/videos/news/new-p.../vDqhhQ/?ecmp=whiotv_social_facebook_2014_sfp

TIA!

I wish we knew for sure if he paid $60,000 or $120,000. If 60,000 then IMO it was a wise purchase because it was close to family land, the home was in good condition with 2 basements plus the outbuilding. Mobile homes decrease in value rapidly on paper so if buying with the intention to resell the investment wouldn't be a great choice but I think they probably intended to keep it in the family rather than resell. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the plan had been to eventually add more mobiles for kids and grandkids on the vacant acreage. It's very common in the area.

If he paid 120,000, then something's up with that IMO.

Idk, I've just been reading the exchange, but, say my neighbor down the road wanted a new place to move his ex-wife and kids close to him, but there were none for sale. He couldn't move them into his trailer b/c his trailer was used as a business, and he just slept in one end of it. So, he and his ex decide they like my plot of land. It's close by the rest of the family and his business trailer, so it's perfect. They approach me, and I don't want to move, so I turn them down. Well, they keep coming back until they make me an offer that I just can't refuse, and I sell them my place. It's late, so I don't know if I'm in the ballpark, but, that ran through my mind.

If that were the case wouldn't it be much more practical and cheaper to purchase another trailer and put it on land he already owned?

Because when you are making money illegally, you don't tend to flaunt it. Some people are perfectly content. They were born and raised there. That is their comfort zone. Some don't need or want anything more than what they have. Some people enjoy the simple life.

I don't mean to sound disrespectful here, but I don't buy it. Their lives may have been simple on the surface when you look at pictures and hear stories from the family, but they were clearly extremely complicated otherwise. I find it hard to believe that anyone would go to the trouble of growing and/or selling something (be it pot, chickens, cars....) that would invite all sorts of trouble into their lives without some kind of large return. You're investing time, property, peace of mind, safety....the list goes on. No, you're looking for bigger and better, not the same ol', same ol'.

I get how flaunting it would be a bad idea, and it's smart not to....but there are literally 0 signs thus far that there was any kind of true money at play here, aside from that property purchased with cash.

I don't mean to sound disrespectful here, but I don't buy it. Their lives may have been simple on the surface when you look at pictures and hear stories from the family, but they were clearly extremely complicated otherwise. I find it hard to believe that anyone would go to the trouble of growing and/or selling something (be it pot, chickens, cars....) that would invite all sorts of trouble into their lives without some kind of large return. You're investing time, property, peace of mind, safety....the list goes on. No, you're looking for bigger and better, not the same ol', same ol'.

I get how flaunting it would be a bad idea, and it's smart not to....but there are literally 0 signs thus far that there was any kind of true money at play here, aside from that property purchased with cash.

Agree to disagree. Some peoples "bigger and better" aren't the same as others.

For a country family in Appalachia. Their lives are pretty damn normal.

I see 2 potential scenarios that could make the land (acreage) in question interesting and appealing to other parties.

Scenario1
The land contains assets OR future potential for profit known to only a few insiders. This would make the land very appealing to people who want the land for financial gain.

Scenario 2.
That land contained something decades ago that was detrimental to the health of those who lived/worked in that area which has caused permanent damage. In that case land may be changing hands by the party who is attempting to HIDE the land and it's secrets or cover it up before it costs then millions in lawsuits.
ANYONE GET MY DRIFT?

I'm getting your drift, but why would anyone stay there if that's the case? Unless maybe it's so well hidden, rendered less harmful that way, and the plan is to keep it that way.

There's a particular tool the investigators might have tried. I wonder if they thought to? Probably never entered their mind after finding the MJ grows.

Your scenario would make a backhoe quite handy, yes?

Here is my two cents... BJM stated in her interview that FR was on his back.. And HG was in the fetal position. Could it be that possibly one person startled them from the door while the other was at the window ready to shoot? Reason I'm asking is because they say they were shot in the head. BJM said she didn't see where they were shot and only seen a lot of blood. This leads me to believe FR was possibly shot from behind since she seen no gun shot wounds visible from the front. Could HR possibly have been in the fetal position protecting her son and not nursing as BJM thought? It would make sense if he was shot first and it scared her. Also I've seen a video from their bedroom where their bed was pushed against a wall and the head of the bed was along another wall... But I can't remember where the windows were other than one which was behind FR in the video. Hoep Im allowed to speak of seeing the video. I'm not sure if I am.

Where did you see this video?

I wish we knew for sure if he paid $60,000 or $120,000. If 60,000 then IMO it was a wise purchase because it was close to family land, the home was in good condition with 2 basements plus the outbuilding. Mobile homes decrease in value rapidly on paper so if buying with the intention to resell the investment wouldn't be a great choice but I think they probably intended to keep it in the family rather than resell. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the plan had been to eventually add more mobiles for kids and grandkids on the vacant acreage. It's very common in the area.

If he paid 120,000, then something's up with that IMO.

I am on the Scioto County Recorders site right now, I am curious who originally posted that the property was paid for in cash, because that's inaccurate. CR took out a $30,000 mortgage for the property; he did NOT pay cash.

I did a little research on the nursing home where DR was employed as a CNA. It appears that the facility has 39 beds. I seriously doubt that this number of beds would even sustain personal use. My history is an RN in a nursing home eons ago in a different state than Ohio. We had approximately 120 beds, and it would have been impossible to obtain anything other than occasional use from that number of beds. There were many patients that had no narcotics or anxiety medications prescribed to them. Basically, what I am trying to relay is that IMO it seems very unlikely that the idea that illegally obtained prescription drugs from the nursing home is the cause or has any connection to the murders.
Nursing home info link:

http://local-nursing-homes.com/nurs...6-hillside-skilled-nursing-and-rehabilitation

Agreed. I was reading about drug busts in the general area--not Piketon specifically. I was seeing numbers like thousands of Fentanyl pills. Apparently production is fairly simple and most is coming from Mexico or China. Also comes in pills made to look like other drugs, like Oxy.

So any nursing home involvement would either be very minor OR high up--as in writing scripts that never reach the floor. But with fewer than 40 beds, still pretty minor.

What I do keep wondering about is--with the big "pill mill" shut-downs several years ago, and an acknowledged addiction problem, where are the connections now in Pike County? And do they figure in any way with this crime?

I see 2 potential scenarios that could make the land (acreage) in question interesting and appealing to other parties.

Scenario1
The land contains assets OR future potential for profit known to only a few insiders. This would make the land very appealing to people who want the land for financial gain.

Scenario 2.
That land contained something decades ago that was detrimental to the health of those who lived/worked in that area which has caused permanent damage. In that case land may be changing hands by the party who is attempting to HIDE the land and it's secrets or cover it up before it costs then millions in lawsuits.
ANYONE GET MY DRIFT?

Scenario one, yes. Scenario two? I have no idea what you're getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove