OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Columbus lawyer Mark Weaver, a media-law expert

Police incident and offense reports must be released immediately and without redactions.
Yet, Dispatch reporters, and presumably the public, continue to encounter police agencies that don’t know the law -- or don’t care what it says.

After battling nine days to obtain an incident report from one area police department, The Dispatch received it today. Information, such as the names of juveniles and other details, was blacked-out. Information was both delayed and denied.

Police reasons for not immediately releasing the report included that the investigation was ongoing, the report had not been approved (although the officer's detailed narrative is marked as approved the same day the incident occurred) and a desire to be “sensitive” to the victim’s family.

Police said they faced no legal deadline to turn over the report.

............settled by the courts that police departments should not redact information from an initial incident report using the confidential law enforcement investigation exception,”

“Social Security numbers can be redacted but little else. ...

The Ohio Supreme Court has ruled repeatedly that incident and offense reports, and underlying statements and interviews, are not confidential investigatory records ......the same applies to 911 call recordings.

And, such police reports must be released immediately upon request,

Further, no information -- including the names of victims, uncharged suspects and juveniles (except victims of child abuse) -- can be redacted

http://www.dispatch.com/content/blogs/your-right-to-know/2013/11/incident-reports.html

Ohio law and courts are crystal clear: Incident reports must be released immediately upon request – not five days later.

Here is the surpreme court ruling:
http://www.sconet.state.oh.us/rod/docs/pdf/0/2001/2001-ohio-282.pdf

Well, Sheriff Reader played that question quite a bit. His statement was basically that "I have not had dealings with them" but that they knew the family. If you watch the very first interview that the Sheriff and the AG did on the day of the murder, he was asked a similar question and started to answer before catching himself and deflecting the question (at least that was my take on his reaction).

The building would probably not have caught much attention simply because Union Hill Road basically runs in and out of three different counties. On a small (15 road deputies) department in a small county like this, you figure an average of 3 deputies per shift to cover 495 miles of road, they are going to be busy covering their calls and are not going to just be out cruising the outer roads of the county unless they are called there. And even if they were called there, they are not going to pay a lot of attention to a large metal building as they will be focused on the call.

They might be busy but having read a little about the recent history of the sheriff's department there, I do question whether there is a fox guarding the hen house situation. I am not saying it is related to the murders but it is food for thought about why this place seems to have more than its share of serious crime.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/state/stat...deputies-run-afoul-of-the-law-in-recent-years

How come KR, a big, grown *advertiser censored** man lived in a tiny camper? That sounds a bit off to me. His address (acc. to court rec.) is at CR1's place, from 2008(iirc) and at least until dec. 2015. Had he just moved to LF road?

Are you serious?

Seems sensible enough. Why do you think LE towed possibly 100 or more vehicles from different properties? I haven't heard any convincing theories yet.
Well, the automobiles are not the primary scenes in the investigation by any means but, they still need to be documented, photographed, and then possibly gone through any of them that look as if they may contain any evidence. We don't know. There may have been evidence around some of the vehicles that led them to believe the murderers were inside some of them at some point. But the vehicles are part of a major crime scene and probably should be processed, and processing them at the LE site would most likely be much easier than stomping around in the rain and mud. That probably sounds a bit far out, but, to have stolen vehicles sitting on your front lawn sounds a bit far out too. We don't know for sure what happened. The suspect(s) could have even hidden out, and laid in wait in one or more of the vehicles, then ambushed CR1 & GR (just a thought, I'm not sold on that.).

The cars/parts may have been more lucrative than the growing. I also see the possibility of large amounts of cash being generated and stashed for, who knows, many years? No banks or very ostentatious living. The tentacles of these operations may extend well beyond the local area. Yes, there were partners, I think.

How come KR, a big, grown *advertiser censored** man lived in a tiny camper? That sounds a bit off to me. His address (acc. to court rec.) is at CR1's place, from 2008(iirc) and at least until dec. 2015. Had he just moved to LF road?

He possibly just used that as a mailing address imo...... I don't find it strange I know an elderly couple who bought a camper rent out a space near a lake and live there, happily. Some people like the simple life and don't care for all the extras in life.

There are some people who can't afford a house, apartment, etc....a camper is a lot better than homeless

There are some who lost everything due to divorce, fire etc... They could possible live in a camper.

Some people like the idea of being able to get up and go house and all if they please....

I agree with the visitor part. But I think DR called CR from work to let him know she was working a double. That makes sense since they were reconciling she would let him know why she wasn't home on time. Visitors would have been sitting there when she called and he talked to her. Same thing with KR. But I think FR was killed because he might have seen their car in the driveway.
I am thinking that DR and CR1 had been reconciled for quite a bit longer than just since she moved to the new location. I think that location was purchased to make it easier for CR1 to be back and forth between he and DR's place, and at 4077 which was now his business location, man cave, etc... She pulled OT that night but we don't know when GR arrived. GR could have went by FR's to see them, then by DR's to see the new baby, swung by KR's to say hello, then went CR1s to shoot the bull before going to bed. GR and visitor(s) may have even planned to stay through the weekend, do a little business, work on cars, visit, etc... what w/the festival and all, then it all went south.

As frustrating as it is, I know why he's doing it. Like I've said a million times, I think this is way more than just a murder investigation. I believe this started multiple.

I agree. Do you think Reader recognized this when he first saw the scenes and that is why he called BCI immediately?

Am I the only one who can't see any value in these cars? A few of them are drivable, I guess those were the ones in use, the rest is junk and likely bought for nothing. This (big) car loving family has been there for years, I can totally see how they could accumulate this number of wrecks over the years.
They seemed to be very handy w/fixing them up from Salvage to Rebuild Salvage too. That's no small feat, and requires lots of paperwork, and receipts to get those Rebuild Salvage Titles. DR had one, for example, up for sale March 21, 2016 on FB, Quote: I have a 2007 G6 for sale $3300 call or inbox for more info The car is a salvage rebuilt thanks.

It's possible. But what is the likelihood that eight members of one family are brutally murdered, that the same family is somehow connected to two or more illegal endeavors, but that the one has nothing to do with the other?

The criminal enterprises could very well all be connected and still only one aspect of them be the motive for the murder. It may also be that the motive for the murder had nothing whatsoever to do with the criminal enterprises. Even if the later, that would not mean that LE would not investigate the criminal aspects.

I have no clue why they towed them but if they were legally purchasing them at auction and something isn't adding up possibly LE is building a case agianst the auction. JMO

It could be a decoy...other than charging anyone else involved what can they do...everyone named Rhoden that might be involved is deceased

9c061c6caeaa954290857c618ad3a3ec.jpg

The buds, which is what you smoke.

b9ef8b0757bfa612046dc306462b4111.jpg

You have to get it out of this.

It's time consuming.
Dat's purdy. :great:

Oh my gosh!!! How did she know unless she was there the night before? Great catch.

She didn't say she told BR to open the door. She's Aunt Jo to both.

She pounded on the door, calling for Frankie or for Brentley to open the door for “Aunt Jo.’
The toddler unlocked the door and let her in.
“I said: ‘Where is your daddy? Where is your daddy?'’’ she said. “He pointed to the bedroom.

Okay, I have a question that's been bugging me all day. You all know that I'm not in the "BJM did it" camp.

BUT ..

If Brentley's mother dropped him off at 10:30 p.m. the night before ...

And BJM stated in her recent interview, She pounded on the door, calling for Frankie or for Brentley to open the door for "Aunt Jo."

How did BJM know Brentley was going to be there that morning?
I'm not in the BJM did it camp either, but it's little things like that, that keep cropping up, that make BJM keep wandering through my mind.

Meant to share this. Spokeo --when you get to the page where they ask you to pay, click on close window and a pop up came up (like two weeks ago) that was something like two weeks for 99 cents - but they dont take AMX so I could not do it!!

Curious to start a poll on where everyone is. But, I thought there are a lot of theories, and I want it to be fair! If interested would you PM me with like three words ( I think X happened ) short tho--and I can put them in the"options" on the poll!!

Mods this ok?

The cars/parts may have been more lucrative than the growing. I also see the possibility of large amounts of cash being generated and stashed for, who knows, many years? No banks or very ostentatious living. The tentacles of these operations may extend well beyond the local area. Yes, there were partners, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member