OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if he got drunk the night before and didn't wake up till noon... and if I feared that the worst might have happened to one of my kin or friends, you would have to bar me from check to make sure they were all right. How horrifying that he found his best buddy, the one who looked after him, dead. I don't doubt that every adult in the clan knew what was going on behind the scenes. But it doesn't seem like they filled DS in on the danger in advance. I still think the 18th was the ultimatum deadline, and when nothing happened for two days their guard was let down just enough to cost them their lives.
I must have missed the context of the ultimate deadline. Sorry I worded it poorly earlier.

Thanks for finding the articles. This has all the hints that LE setup informants from that bust at the post office.

IMO this could be tied to someone living at one of the homes and LE may have flipped him/her into becoming an informant and the big fish may have found out and eliminated anyone who could testify against them. Shipment was from California and some of us think the shooters came from out of town.

Look at the descriptions used here in the article. All hinting that LE let the person go for the time being to help get the big fish involved.

"As the investigation continued...numerous shatter labs being conducted at this location, as well as an indoor marijuana grow which supplied the marijuana for the shatter labs".

"....a ladder was also positioned at the side of the house to give accessability to top of tubes...."
" THC lab""
"Industrial valves and very large pipe"

"the case is in its very early stages"

"looking into post office records of particular people in this
county who were receiving packages.....flight records...."

"right now I do not want to disclose the address of any
particular persons until weve identified everyone who is involved"

"....I expect this to lead to other search warrants both locally
and in other jurisdictions....ensure the integrity of the
investigation remains intact so that when we get to the
charging and grand jury stage and when trial comes, we will be
prepared. "

Do any any of the current friends/ family have the experience / knowledge to install the valve system? How difficult is this to do?

I'm sorry I must have missed this for what?

If he was extorting money from the Rhodens, he would have given them a deadline, I think it was the 18th because that's Dana asked her dead friend to watch over her family and pray harder than ever before. I think they said no and that's what led to their deaths. Especially if he relayed the extortion message through Dana to Chris Sr. He had to have the money before the 22nd.

If he was extorting money from the Rhodens, he would have given them a deadline, I think it was the 18th because that's Dana asked her dead friend to watch over her family and pray harder than ever before. I think they said no and that's what led to their deaths. Especially if he relayed the extortion message through Dana to Chris Sr. He had to have the money before the 22nd.
Ok, if the rogue individual was extorting money, right?

Could it be the other way around?
Could R Family been scheduled to testify in proceedings, depositions, whatever, against rogue one?
I can't quite see that, but it is a question I have wondered about.

Is there a direct connection that can be made between the Rhodens and JJ? I feel like I'm missing something.

Do any any of the current friends/ family have the experience / knowledge to install the valve system? How difficult is this to do?

I am not sure of the process of how its made but it did not sound too difficult. I am going to go back through any pictures to see if I see a ladder and any long pipe laying around anywhere. Would not prove anything but could be circumstatial evidence.

I do think LE let the people go about their business until they were going to take everyone down so it wouldn't surprise me if LE just let the people making the shatter just carry on operations like nothing happened.

I also suspect someone at the post office was probably supposed to be working that day to be sure the package didnt get intercepted and somhow it got through to the wrong hands. Usually noboby would be stupid enough to ship through mail a large quantity unless they had someone working on the inside at the post office.

Thanks for finding the articles. This has all the hints that LE setup informants from that bust at the post office.

IMO this could be tied to someone living at one of the homes and LE may have flipped him/her into becoming an informant and the big fish may have found out and eliminated anyone who could testify against them. Shipment was from California and some of us think the shooters came from out of town.

Look at the descriptions used here in the article. All hinting that LE let the person go for the time being to help get the big fish involved.

"As the investigation continued...numerous shatter labs being conducted at this location, as well as an indoor marijuana grow which supplied the marijuana for the shatter labs".

"....a ladder was also positioned at the side of the house to give accessability to top of tubes...."
" THC lab""
"Industrial valves and very large pipe"

"the case is in its very early stages"

"looking into post office records of particular people in this
county who were receiving packages.....flight records...."

"right now I do not want to disclose the address of any
particular persons until weve identified everyone who is involved"

"....I expect this to lead to other search warrants both locally
and in other jurisdictions....ensure the integrity of the
investigation remains intact so that when we get to the
charging and grand jury stage and when trial comes, we will be
prepared. "

RBBM:

Alrighty then, sure doesn't want to embarrass the county does he?

Is there a direct connection that can be made between the Rhodens and JJ? I feel like I'm missing something.

It's just a theory with as much credibility as any other. I feel certain, having learned about the corruption in Pike County, that LE was getting a kickback from the Rhoden's ie; protection money. It is very likely that Joel Jenkins knew the Rhodens. Being that he was a sherriff's deputy and the previous sheriff Henderson had a soft spot for him, as well as the DA who lent him guns... argh. Everything I've found out is post through the last two threads... I can't say or know anymore than a hunch.

If there was a warrant issued, wouldn't there be a record of it online? Because there isn't anything.

I read on the Pike County site that Grand Jury actions are secret - I don't know the answer to your question. Wish I could find out for sure.

Could it be the other way around?
Could R Family been scheduled to testify in proceedings, depositions, whatever, against rogue one?
I can't quite see that, but it is a question I have wondered about.

If this is remotely close to the situation, LE should have been aware, shouldn't they?
Or was this all out of Local LE hands at that time.
This is so confusing.
Who was the authority in charge of the jj case at the time of April 22 court date?

I don't find it unusual at all that she'd enter without knocking. My father-in-law, who lives out of town, makes rare visits to our home. But when he does, he just walks right in! If he lived in the neighborhood and routinely visited, I'd be even less surprised if he walked right in. Really, I don't understand the concern over this one detail. What's the point?
My parents (now just my Dad) have lived in the same house for 54 years in the middle of town (pop. 20,000). Virtually no one who is family (kids, grandkids, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, etc) ever knock, unless the door is locked. When we were kids, our friends would even walk in without knocking. The door has been locked more in the past several years, but again when we were kids I don't think we ever locked it.

I am not sure of the process of how its made but it did not sound too difficult. I am going to go back through any pictures to see if I see a ladder and any long pipe laying around anywhere. Would not prove anything but could be circumstatial evidence.

I do think LE let the people go about their business until they were going to take everyone down so it wouldn't surprise me if LE just let the people making the shatter just carry on operations like nothing happened.

I also suspect someone at the post office was probably supposed to be working that day to be sure the package didnt get intercepted and somhow it got through to the wrong hands. Usually noboby would be stupid enough to ship through mail a large quantity unless they had someone working on the inside at the post office.

Could depend on who it was addressed to, and if large "legitimate" packages were normal deliveries, it would be less noticible... voila' ;)

If this is remotely close to the situation, LE should have been aware, shouldn't they?
Or was this all out of Local LE hands at that time.
This is so confusing.
Who was the authority in charge of the jj case at the time of April 22 court date?

The Grand Jury

I think Jeff Ruby dropped the reward because he didn't want to be associated with the case/the Rhodens. The pot grow operation and some other info had not yet been discovered or released when he put up the reward. I mean this in the nicest way possible but the Rhodens clearly did not have a good reputation around here. Between all of the fights, threats, bickering on Facebook, drugs, *advertiser censored* fighting, and who knows what else- I can see why he didn't want to be involved or associated with them.
Just my opinion.

Maybe he didn't want to associate with them, however, there is still a person running free out there, who is capable of murdering an an entire family. I wish I was wealthy and could cover the reward he pulled. Nothing that I can see, thus far, has warranted the extermination of an entire family. I keep coming back to the only illegal thing that we know of is the couple hundred pot plants, and in the grand scheme of things, they were not getting rich off of that. If he wants to look down his nose at the Rhodens and the Manleys then fine, that's on him, but at least the reward may have helped to get a very dangerous person(s) off of the streets before they wipe out another family.

The Grand Jury

Ok, but the Grand Jury is made up of citizens, right?
Who would have been the Law Enforcement Agency responsible for protecting/gathering witnesses,
and responsible for making sure target of Grand Jury shows up?
i honestly don't know how this works.
Thanks

MOD NOTE: Can't be verified - heard it from a local on another site = Rumor/local gossip.

:nono:

Good post, and I agree. :ditto:

One thing I think I thought I might like about this site is the opportunity to discuss and, yes, dissect aspects of the case. While I understand having empathy for BJM, I don't think we need to get all in to defending her honor here. I feel the same way about anyone or anything we are allowed to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay