OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone recall the print interview of one of DR's co-workers at the nursing home? I can't really search for it easily since I've exhausted my free views of most area newspaper websites.

The co-worker talked about her good work ethic, but also mentioned DR working over, and being on the phone arguing with someone that Thursday night.

Delete your cookies and you should be able to see them again.;)

I would think that the times of death would be crucial in this case. Could there have been two murderers? One in retaliation for the rest? In other words, the murderer or murders were murdered. The times of reporting to the police are odd, being holes in the time frame. Time enough to call someone else besides the police?

:notgood:

And NO reporters have reported this? Someone here should give a reporter a heads up on this and see if they want to investigate, especially since Piketon news is popular right now.

Honestly, I started jumping up and down again about this yesterday because I'd like to eliminate him as a suspect - with proof. I don't want to stir up controversy for the heck of it. I was hoping, and have asked many times, for a local to verify his presence in Waverly. One hears all kinds of things - but at least you can see why he's a viable suspect. If there is more to find out, and LE stands to lose by making it known, then I think it's time to jump up and down until someone from the outside hears and acts on this. I sleuth for justice for the Rhodens and to help expose whoever might have done this.

I seemed to have offended you on a couple of different levels, and if I did please accept my apologies. I freely admit that my knowledge is personal and based on trying to understand the mind of the person who so savagely discarded me once the mask was off and the truth became known. I read everything I could find on type B personality disorders and my comment was based on the information I found. Yes, I know (or knew) a sniper intimately. I think that's why Joel Jenkins raised a red flag for me but it is based on what we can read about his previous actions. I know I didn't mean to imply that all military or LE are sociopaths. Nothing could be further from the truth. But in the case of JJ, there is plenty to question and that is what I do as a fellow sleuth. Again, I am sorry if I touched a nerve. JJ (and the person that I knew) were trained in how to use their weapons to kill. Eight people are dead and I still thinkhe fits the profile of a suspect better than anyone else that's been discussed so far. If you bother to read about soiciopaths and how they operate, you will find that without very mcuh to go on, JJ still meets a number of the criteria. Peace, ok?

Definitely peace. I'm not angry with you just presenting the other side. I know you have been on the narcissist sociopath suspect for a while and JJ seems to fit that. I have bothered to read on sociopaths and am aware of how they operate and had a minor in psychology. JJ does have issues for sure, but in another one of my responses to you, I explain why I can't be on board with his motive.

There are so many motives for murder in general and many could be applied in this case: greed, jealousy, anger, competition, fear. Many non sociopaths commit murder every day because of those reasons. It doesn't necessarily have to be a narcissist sociopath in this case. Though it could be. I think you are relying on your own experiences to say that it is and that's more of an emotional response than looking at the bigger picture. I don't think JJ has a good enough motive to do it though and if he did, someone has definitely noticed him gone if his goal was to get out of town. Also LM stated in interviews things having to do with corrupt cops so I'm sure that angle is being looked into. Again, no hard feelings. I agree with you on some points.

Also knowing how these people are. They take care of their own.

We have legal experts who could explain. Help!
it is my understanding that it was dismissed at a local level and handed over to a
Grand Jury. Would that be a State G.J. , Or a Federal G. J. ? He was indicted by the Grand Jury.
Case was going to trial. Discovery was in the works.
Maybe as Dayna explained, it was postponed. Wheel of Justice turns slowly. Very slowly.

This was dismissed back in 2015.

12/11/2015
CASE DISMISSED.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS:
CASE DISMISSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE; DEFENDANT HAS BEEN
INDICTED BY THE GRAND JURY. NO COST TO DEFENDANT.

I took that to mean that they dismissed the Involuntary Manslaughter charges based on the indictment for Murder and Reckless Homicide.

While sociopaths can be drawn to military and LE, many times they don't get too far up the chain because they are antisocial or reckless because they do not have fear.

All that we know about JJ points to "issues" and I suggest a personality disorder. The only type of disordered individual who can pass a polygraph and/or a mental evaluation is a narcissistic sociopath. This is because they don't have guilt, remorse or the kind of fear reaction that neurotypicals do. In a high stress survival situation they are know to be extremely efficient killers.

Exactly, does anyone know that he's not? I figure this guy is a loose cannon and is willing to bring the whole local shebang down if he goes down - and they know that. I don't think LE is going to come out and apprehend someone who knows way to much about the corruption that's been securing their retirement nest eggs. Even if it is just my space cadet theory, there are many, many others who have said that Pike County is rotten with corruption. I've asked several times whether any locals can say that they've seen him in town after the 21st. Haven't had a response. If I was in Waverly, I'd know the answer. I've looked at his address on Google and it's creepy, not one bit of personal expression. So, if it turns out he's not the perp - I'll be happy to eat crow. But right now, he my suspect #1.

I don't have a dog in the fight re; snipers in the military so I snipped that, however, the rest, yes. JJ did choose to be a p.o. and he is reckless, and he doesn't seem to care, he is NOT successful in his career choice b/c of his personality. The former officer said he wasn't a fit for them (loosely quoted). I had mentioned a thread or two back, IIRC, (or at this point I may have hashed it over w/my patient S.O. who is not nearly as into this case as I am.) that I thought it was L.E. and that the person who did the final kill shots to the head, reminded me of a person w/a sociopath type of personality, they were cold and calculated, to do that to two 19 year old mothers w/babies and a 16 year old kid. I think there may have been a 2nd person, who stopped the other from killing the babies, and the sociopath person relented as it really would not matter to him either way b/c they were not really witnesses. A sociopath would have no qualms over killing an infant. (The other person I saw as just going along, as they saw they had no other choice but to go to prison). Not many have bought into my LE theory as I've thought the Rhodens could have been narcing, and the rogue officer knew they were getting ready to be outed if the investigation went much further. I realize it is a stretch, but, with a new sheriff and all of the upheaval in the department, and a small department at that, then they may not know that one or two of their own were mixed up in something that was going to out them. The Rhodens probably didn't know either. Again, just a theory.

Please forgive me, this is my first post, i just joined after following these threads for quite a while......
my question is just to answer my own curiosity....... have the authorities released the TOD for each of the poor victims?
My heart is broken for them .....God Look over them.....

To the question "Have the authorities released [.....]" the answer is always no. I am quite sure they never released TOD.

Jenkins is definitely quite a character with issues. I agree with that. However, I can't get on the train with the theory that he killed them for money to flee. He likely was a dirty cop, but I don't think he would go and kill people at 4 places and take all that time when he knows he has to flee before his hearing the next day. Plus if had the "protection scheme"... Which he may have... He would just move on to the next person if CR or KR said no. He wouldn't care enough to plan and take out any witnesses because he's fleeing and doesn't plan on being caught. Plus if he is a narcissist sociopath he doesn't care about children or dogs and wouldn't have empathy for them.
Do I think he has issues? Yes. Do I think he's dirty? Yes. Do I think he killed 8 people for money to flee? No. Do I think his pre-trial date of April 22 is significant? No. During pre-trial, it's just procedural things. The judge goes over guidelines for trial and work out the trial details. They weren't going to revoke his bond or make him pay more. Pre-trial hearing wouldn't be the venue for that. I think we haven't heard anything regarding the hearing because it likely got continued considering the fact that all the key players have their hands full and working overtime. Something like this: We respectfully request for a continuance in light of the ongoing investigation of the murders of 8 Pike County residents. We feel it would be unfair and prejudicial to both sides at this time because recent events have not allowed us to properly prepare for trial. The Judge most likely would grant that. They county has never seen anything like this happen to 8 people and Jenkins isn't going to argue a continuance because he gets to be free for longer.

Actually, I was told by a psychologists that NS can have a kind of empathy for very young children as they somehow identify with their innocence, as I mentioned earlier - this changes when the child reaches puberty. Here is a good article about questioning a sociopath om a law enforcement page. http://policelink.monster.com/training/articles/37300-the-psychopath-as-an-interrogation-subject

This was dismissed back in 2015.

12/11/2015
CASE DISMISSED.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS:
CASE DISMISSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE; DEFENDANT HAS BEEN
INDICTED BY THE GRAND JURY. NO COST TO DEFENDANT.

I took that to mean that they dismissed the Involuntary Manslaughter charges based on the indictment for Murder and Reckless Homicide.

Thank you. Can you clear up the grand jury question? Federal or State.

We have legal experts who could explain. Help!
it is my understanding that it was dismissed at a local level and handed over to a
Grand Jury. Would that be a State G.J. , Or a Federal G. J. ? He was indicted by the Grand Jury.
Case was going to trial. Discovery was in the works.
Maybe as Dayna explained, it was postponed. Wheel of Justice turns slowly. Very slowly.

Continuances happen ALL the time. Way more than people realize. My ex can drag his personal court dates out for a year. Granted he hasn't been on a potential murder trial, but lawyers always ask for continuances to build their case further, it's very rare things are actually settled on the original date intended.

It was dismissed from the county, because it went to Grand Jury, remember it was taken out of Junk's hands. He was charged with both murders and tampering with evidence. It's not over.

Does no one else think it is curious that jj went to San Diego, California for a short time before Piketon Police position?

I seemed to have offended you on a couple of different levels, and if I did please accept my apologies. I freely admit that my knowledge is personal and based on trying to understand the mind of the person who so savagely discarded me once the mask was off and the truth became known. I read everything I could find on type B personality disorders and my comment was based on the information I found. Yes, I know (or knew) a sniper intimately. I think that's why Joel Jenkins raised a red flag for me but it is based on what we can read about his previous actions.

I know I didn't mean to imply that all military or LE are sociopaths. Nothing could be further from the truth. But in the case of JJ, there is plenty to question and that is what I do as a fellow sleuth. Again, I am sorry if I touched a nerve. JJ (and the person that I knew) were trained in how to use their weapons to kill. Eight people are dead and I still think he fits the profile of a suspect better than anyone else that's been discussed so far. If you read about sociopaths and how they operate, you will find that without very much to go on, JJ still meets a number of the criteria. Peace, ok?

I thought your comments and observations have been been very thoughtful and appropriate. I worked in various psychiatric facilities for 30+ years. During that time, I saw very few hospitalized sociopaths. They tend to be quite adept at avoiding detection and treatment. Fool people is what a sociopath does.

As for the murders of Frankie and Hannah G. I am thinking of the following scenario.

According to LM, there were floodlights near the driveway, and camera's near the (front?) entrance. I think it may have been possible to sneak up on the trailer from the back. Dogs could have been tranquilized. (I actually accidentally tranquilized my dogs when I gave them what I thought were normal treats. They were treats that tranquilizes anxious dogs while traveling.) Then the killer opened the bedroom window (which may have been unlocked - perhaps unlocked by the killer earlier in the day, or it was easy to pry open) If the killer used a low caliber and a silencer, it would not have woken up the neighbors, and may not even have woken up the 3-year old in the living room. Hannah May have used her body to cover the baby while under fire and this may have saved the baby. From this less than perfect angle, many bullets may have been necessary for the murderer. I think the killer may not have set foot in the trailer at all. From the killers perspective this might be the best way. Not entering the building means not leaving any traces other than shoeprints, but one can throw away the boots later.

Thank you. Can you clear up the grand jury question? Federal or State.

It hasn't been dismissed. It's only dismissed at that level to turn it over to State. Murder is not a federal offense unless you kill certain government people.
If you look at some other people on the court website with serious criminal charges, you can see Pike County dismissing and turning it over with the same language. Some manufacturing and trafficking charges of family or distant family I believe I saw the same language used.

It hasn't been dismissed. It's only dismissed at that level to turn it over to State. Murder is not a federal offense unless you kill certain government people.
If you look at some other people on the court website with serious criminal charges, you can see Pike County dismissing and turning it over with the same language. Some manufacturing and trafficking charges of family or distant family I believe I saw the same language used.

Thank you. That helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member