OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But also dismissed "without prejudice" ... Doesn't that mean it can be brought back through that court if needed?

Yes, sort of. It means that the case is dismissed without dismissing it on the merits. It's used so that the original party can bring again the action if needed as you said and the defendant can't plead res judicata. Most people know that as double jeopardy.

Pondering....Jenkins and Rhoden seem to be common names in the area. Wonder if there is a kinship connection any where?

No not curious at all for me, as he may have had family or friends there.

There is a Rhoden living in California too... But I don't think they are involved either. She is on Pike court records.

Honestly, I kind of think the mailing from California was somewhat of a setup. Who in there right mind orders that much marijuana in one box?? Did you see how high the stack of it was with Reader standing next to it? I sort of think someone was attempting to get rid of them as competition by sending them a large package in the mail. Then once they were busted for the package, their home was searched and their grow operation and lab was shut down. Plus, it appeared that they had plenty to work with at their property and didn't actually need any from California. I'm just throwing out a possibility. I don't have any proof of that. There are so many mailing schemes coming from California and that area that it wouldn't be hard to hookup with one but I'm not so sure a competitor would want to throw out the money to pay for that amount of marijuana to just get rid of competition. So I go back and forth on what I think about that. :)

A mechanics lien transfers the title to the mechanic. LM said there would be cars not in Chris Sr. name. That doesn't sound like any mechanics lien I've ever heard of.

For someone that doesn't go over to CR Sr home very often he sure knows a lot huh?!!!!

For someone that doesn't go over to CR Sr home very often he sure knows a lot huh?!!!!

My in laws are never at our house, but they live right by us and have plenty of knowledge of anything going on at our house between Facebook, other family members, and us stopping down there and talking to them. His one daughter was once married to CRsr and was said to be reconciling. His other daughter apparently "cared for his animals" 5 days a week, he had three grandkids ages 16 and up fathered by CRsr, he lived on the same road, he probably didn't have an issue knowing things going on down there. JMO.

Pondering....Jenkins and Rhoden seem to be common names in the area. Wonder if there is a kinship connection any where?

I tried to put that together too. I did learn that JJ lived just outside of Chillicothe at one point. A lot of interviews were done around Chillicothe IIRC. But, that's also where a lot of the Demo Derby stuff went down too, again, IIRC.

Still curious if family is at risk? Then again silence might say the answer.

I had not read too much about JJ case until now. 2 people dead not 1. Wow.

Just jotting down some random notes

-Post Office pot allegedly sent from California

-JJ has recent ties to California

-JJ had experience working with LE dogs.

-1st shooting death involved a car chase and subject ends up on a dead end street and gets shot and killed by LE. From article linked below
"Another officer fired at Rooker’s vehicle, but Jenkins appears to be the only one whose bullets hit Rooker"

-2nd shooting death from article below is claimed to be accident but just so happened to be right in HEAD.
"The deputy called a nonemergency line to report that he had accidentally shot Jason Brady in the head"

-From article its one thing for a prosecuter to loan a gun to a LE officer but I have never ever heard where one routinely trades sells and lends guns to LE officers and friends all the time. He should have been a gun dealer instead of a prosecuter IMO:
"The Pike County case has gained national attention as well as curiosity from those who wonder why a prosecutor would lend a gun to a deputy. Junk said that’s just how it goes in tight-knit communities such as his. He routinely trades, sells and lends guns to law-enforcement officers and friends."

-Aprill 22nd is a no show for a court appearance and no news about his whereabouts.

-In the 2nd link below, when news of the mass shooting happened this struck me as very strange and IMO there is some sort of tension between the family and the Sheriffs office. I found these comments very strange and they scream out to me that the Sheriff knows the family would not care to have their help at all.
"I've given the family precautionary measures to make. They know we're available.""

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/12/11/ex-pike-county-deputy-under-scrutiny.html

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/22/us/ohio-shooting-pike-county/

It also says that he's moved to Leesburg, an hour away from Waverly and a lot closer to Cincinnatti airport (which has direct flights to Costa Rica). He has until July now, it will be interesting to see if he goes into a magical "witness protection program".

There is a Rhoden living in California too... But I don't think they are involved either. She is on Pike court records.

Honestly, I kind of think the mailing from California was somewhat of a setup. Who in there right mind orders that much marijuana in one box?? Did you see how high the stack of it was with Reader standing next to it? I sort of think someone was attempting to get rid of them as competition by sending them a large package in the mail. Then once they were busted for the package, their home was searched and their grow operation and lab was shut down. Plus, it appeared that they had plenty to work with at their property and didn't actually need any from California. I'm just throwing out a possibility. I don't have any proof of that. There are so many mailing schemes coming from California and that area that it wouldn't be hard to hookup with one but I'm not so sure a competitor would want to throw out the money to pay for that amount of marijuana to just get rid of competition. So I go back and forth on what I think about that. :)

Are you referring to "them" as in the one who picked up the package?

-1st shooting death involved a car chase and subject ends up on a dead end street and gets shot and killed by LE. From article linked below
"Another officer fired at Rooker’s vehicle, but Jenkins appears to be the only one whose bullets hit Rooker"

-2nd shooting death from article below is claimed to be accident but just so happened to be right in HEAD.
"The deputy called a nonemergency line to report that he had accidentally shot Jason Brady in the head"

-From article its one thing for a prosecuter to loan a gun to a LE officer but I have never ever heard where one routinely trades sells and lends guns to LE officers and friends all the time. He should have been a gun dealer instead of a prosecuter IMO:
"The Pike County case has gained national attention as well as curiosity from those who wonder why a prosecutor would lend a gun to a deputy. Junk said that’s just how it goes in tight-knit communities such as his. He routinely trades, sells and lends guns to law-enforcement officers and friends."

-Aprill 22nd is a no show for a court appearance and no news about his whereabouts.

-In the 2nd link below, when news of the mass shooting happened this struck me as very strange and IMO there is some sort of tension between the family and the Sheriffs office. I found these comments very strange and they scream out to me that the Sheriff knows the family would not care to have their help at all.
"I've given the family precautionary measures to make. They know we're available.""

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/12/11/ex-pike-county-deputy-under-scrutiny.html

Where are you getting he was a no show to court that's not what the records show on the link below

http://pikecountycpcourt.org/eservi...A1-viwkWnCTIGt2dP-QXg128jv2Fy641aZbjjQScyC3jw

However they do show a change of address in February I believe

IMO, the comment from LM about the VINs was said because he knows some of them have been reported stolen.

He wasn't a no show.

Does anyone know if the Mothers of IJ's babies are related or friends. I don't buy that "they thought they would get the 25000.00 reward" bit. I would think it really odd that not one but two of his ex's called to tell LE he did it. It shows what kind of person he has showed himself to be, to his ex girlfriends at least, when not one but two of his ex's think he is capable of murdering 8 people and virtually wiping out an entire branch of a family. That's not something I would want any ex of mine thinking let alone two ex's.

IJ wasn't the one who made the threatening post on FB. He was tagged in another boys post, along with some other boys who had been in an altercation with CRJr previously.
All involved in that post have been interviewed and cleared.
IMO, it was just bragging on the part of the original poster. Teenagers don't stop and think about what they are saying, and I'm sure none of them expected this to happen.

I didn't realize it until my husband just pointed it out, but you can hear the dogs barking at the beginning of BJM's 911 call. Once he pointed it out to me, it's plain as day. You can actually hear their barks get further away as she's walking to the mailbox. I don't know if this makes a difference....but I thought I would point it out since we've discussed the dogs barking when somebody comes to the house thing so many times....

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...11_audio_from_ohio_rhoden_family_murders.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member