OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't even know if CR1 and GR were not killed hours apart. You almost need to assume CR1 was killed first since GR was reported to be on top of CR1's legs. If so, how long before? We have no idea. CR1 may have been killed and the killer waited for GR to show up or GR showed up unexpectedly. We do not know that gun shots in one of the trailers would be heard in the other for that matter. Only speculation of that. We don't even know what type of gun(s) were used.

Is there a certain type of gun that doesn't make a sound? (Not including those with silencers, which I've learned still makes noise)
I lived in a trailer growing up and had close neighbors. The walls were so thin you could hear people in the other trailer walking, you could hear their tv and if they were yelling, you could hear every word they said.

We don't even know if CR1 and GR were not killed hours apart. You almost need to assume CR1 was killed first since GR was reported to be on top of CR1's legs. If so, how long before? We have no idea. CR1 may have been killed and the killer waited for GR to show up or GR showed up unexpectedly. We do not know that gun shots in one of the trailers would be heard in the other for that matter. Only speculation of that. We don't even know what type of gun(s) were used.

Per BJM, who found them, it does not appear they were across each other. It would almost seem that CR1 had been killed and drug and then drug back there, and they then waited on GR, who I'm thinking was living there, as he did not seem to have a steady job with which to pay rent with. I think she knows the Rhodens inside and out. (I also think CR1 and DR were living together as a family.).: "She saw a “bunch of blood in the front room,’’ and what looked like drag marks in blood from there to a back bedroom. “I yelled Rhoden! Rhoden! Rhoden!’’ she recalled, and ran to Chris Rhoden's bedroom. That's where she saw Gary Rhoden, 38, lying on his back. Dead. Just up from his body, she saw a bloodied Chris Rhoden, also on his back. He was dead, as well.

Side note: If I walked into that trailer and saw blood all over the floor, and no one answered my calls, would I investigate down the hall, and follow bloody drag marks? I am not so sure that I would.

Again maybe. If I am really enraged with someone I might shot them all over their body. I think the number of shots trumps location in this case. I can see your point though re: interrogation. Thanks.

There have been crimes of passion where someone was stabbed or shot numerous times. Overkill isn't uncommon....

O.K., out a limb here...meaning huge margin of error. Seems to me, the most useful TOD info. Would be that of KR compared to the other victims. I am new to this stuff. Have been reading info. On lividitiy in relation to TOD. Would love to hear from some of you who have knowledge of this and/or who has read a bit on it.
You know I thought of this when they said "beat up" and eyes filled with blood. Everything I know about lividity says after the heart stops beating, the blood in a persons body follows the rules of gravity. In my limited experience, I have found this to be true. Lividity can cause what looks like bruises... I looked it up and tache noir, the red line across KR's eyes happens approx 7-8 hours after death, if the eyes remained open.

Per BJM, who found them, it does not appear they were across each other. It would almost seem that CR1 had been killed and drug and then drug back there, and they then waited on GR, who I'm thinking was living there, as he did not seem to have a steady job with which to pay rent with. I don't think that they caught CR1 sleeping there b/c of the way it was worded. She'd have said she found them in CR1's or GR's bedroom. I think she knows the Rhodens inside and out. (I also think CR1 and DR were living together as a family.).: "She saw a “bunch of blood in the front room,’’ and what looked like drag marks in blood from there to a back bedroom. “I yelled Rhoden! Rhoden! Rhoden!’’ she recalled, and ran to Chris Rhoden's bedroom. That's where she saw Gary Rhoden, 38, lying on his back. Dead. Just up from his body, she saw a bloodied Chris Rhoden, also on his back. He was dead, as well.

According to GR's father, they were lying with GR across SR1's legs. I thought I read both were face down....

According to GR's father, they were lying with GR across SR1's legs. I thought I read both were face down....
Is it possible that they "dragged" themselves to the back at gunpoint after having been shot in non fatal places during torture. If they were bleeding from flesh wounds in the lower extremities, couldn't the blood look like drag marks?

You know I thought of this when they said "beat up" and eyes filled with blood. Everything I know about lividity says after the heart stops beating, the blood in a persons body follows the rules of gravity. In my limited experience, I have found this to be true. Lividity can cause what looks like bruises... I looked it up and tache noir, the red line across KR's eyes happens approx 7-8 hours after death, if the eyes remained open.

Lividity could also explain Frankie's black eye.

Is it possible that they "dragged" themselves to the back at gunpoint after having been shot in non fatal places during torture. If they were bleeding from flesh wounds in the lower extremities, couldn't the blood look like drag marks?

I think it could. Am I dreaming or didn't the coroner say all the shots were fatal shots?

I am convinced that LE played a part in these murders - whether it's a rogue cop or an undercover operation gone bad. I can't imagine any other scenario where homes would be hauled off to a giant warehouse. "Preserved and protected" from who? 24 hour guards would have been cheaper than hauling all that away. I just can't think of anything that the Rhodens did that someone else local would wipe them out for. GR and DS remind me of guys I knew way back in the day. They drink and drug too much, and rely on stronger relatives to see them through... No one is going to own up to anything, including the Manley's because everyone knows who did this, but to say it out loud could be a death sentence. lmho

The average pay for a Deputy Sherriff in Ohio is between $12 - $16 an hour. i would think that anyone hired to guard a crime scene would have to be paid about the same. Even at the $12 an hour, that would cost just under $35,000 for one month. If they used Deputies, that would take away from the 13 the county has, or require overtime to be paid. It was much cheaper to move the mobile homes, since they were capable of being moved.

The main reason I cannot let go of the family theory (or the teenagers, for that matter) is the fact that one of the victims was shot 9 times. This reeks of a passion motive. And no, the suggested reason for the 9 shots done just to empty the gun does not hold water for me. This was anger/rage, pure and simple.

Depends on where the 9 shots were. Kneecap, arm, shots etc along with the soft tissue bruising suggests, to me anyway, of a method of interrogation. Now if they're all head/chest shots, that's rage

Maybe the victim with 9 gunshot wounds fought back and/or fled. IDK.

The average pay for a Deputy Sherriff in Ohio is between $12 - $16 an hour. i would think that anyone hired to guard a crime scene would have to be paid about the same. Even at the $12 an hour, that would cost just under $35,000 for one month. If they used Deputies, that would take away from the 13 the county has, or require overtime to be paid. It was much cheaper to move the mobile homes, since they were capable of being moved.

While I agree w/you re; the financial end, Pike County seems to have had their share of trouble within their LE department. I've not ruled out the bad apple cop theory. Making arrests on traffic citations seem to have been their main focus for a long while until Reader came on as Sheriff and put Hwy 23 (IIRC) as his primary target. Making $12 or so dollars an hour isn't a whole lot and may make a less than moral cop turn to other money making ventures.

There have been crimes of passion where someone was stabbed or shot numerous times. Overkill isn't uncommon....

Yes, you're right. However, staying with the focus of our discussion on this particular thread, we are talking about this crime, and not, crimes of passion overall, etc. In this crime, the number of shots inflicted on one of the victims was significantly more than those inflicted on other victims. This may be an indicator of strong emotion in relation to this one victim, and therefore, makes it difficult for me to exclude family member theories.

I really feel like their relationship was more than platonic. I think maybe she wanted to take the relationship to the next level before he died. Maybe she wanted to discuss living together, or even getting married. That's just my gut feeling with what she said, given the context in which she said it. I seriously doubt she would keep the daily vigil of posting to his In Memoriam site if they hadn't already bumped uglies.

This is the only post I found made on April 21, 2016.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2584...3079921538939/

In clarification, the reason LE is on my radar is because 1. there is a history of LE corruption in the area. 2. It makes sense to me that if the Rhodens were growing pot, someone in LE was taking advantage of that knowledge, 3. The number of unsolved "drug" related murders (especially women who were found in or near bodies of water - which would also allow the perp to "clean up"), and finally, the lack of information put forth on the murders of 8 people. It's too quiet. I would imagine that they could arrest just about any family suspect on a "unrelated charge" because of the grow operation. Certainly my study is not scientific, but 9 times out of ten a whole family murder is murder/suicide or because someone knew they had money. As mentioned earlier, a portion of the drug money would be kept at home so as not to red flag any govt. agencies. It makes sense to me that the person or persons who were collecting "protection" money" got greedy enough to kill. I think whoever it was, they had already killed before and more than once. When I look at the number of unsolved murders in total, and especially the number who were women it makes me think that it was someone with authority to "detain" if requests were not fulfilled and to murder once they were.

I would be shocked if they took their times killing them and actually waited for someone else to arrive. The scenerio I have in my head has them wanting in and out. I think they knew who was where and I don't think they wasted time once they got inside. JMO.
I tend to agree with most of what you're saying. I think they had a group of "main targets" and they knew where they were. But I also think some were innocent victims that were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. In other words some were "collateral damage", and had to be shot since they were now "witnesses".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper