OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked Facebook's "death policy" here and you're right. It's possible she could have designated a legacy contact, but I bet most people don't know about that. If she did know, I'm guessing her legacy contact is dead. LE probably realized that a lot of people around the world were doing their own sleuthing, here and on other sites. A lot of information was being culled from her FB page, so it's reasonable that LE shut down her friends list. I have no explanation for why they haven't done it to the others. Again, I agree it's odd.

just tossing this out. I am not familiar w Facebook stuff so my question is: Could DR have already been killed BEFORE any alleged posts were made? In other words, if she left her computer on and stayed signed in, could someone else (killer) have posted something to make it look like she was still alive and posting??

Can someone explain to me why they feel it's strange LE would take the trailers away for evidence?
I've seen a few people comment about this, and I'm not following along.

This is an extremely high profile, large-scale investigation. A ton of resources are being allocated to solve this crime, and law enforcement from multiple jurisdictions are involved. I get that taking the trailers may be out of the ordinary, but so is this case. Dotting every i and crossing every t seems like the way to go.

just tossing this out. I am not familiar w Facebook stuff so my question is: Could DR have already been killed BEFORE any alleged posts were made? In other words, if she left her computer on and stayed signed in, could someone else (killer) have posted something to make it look like she was still alive and posting??

I suppose it's possible, but my question would be "why?"

Absolutely

I suppose it's possible, but my question would be "why?"
In reality it would serve no real purpose, other than to try and throw off the time of death maybe. I doubt that the perps would take time to do something like that, but is very possibly they could have.

"The whole idea is to preserve them for evidence in the case, and also we want to make sure we are preserving them for the family members," Attorney General Mike DeWine said. "There are pictures in there, there are other things that are very important to the family members."

So does this mean the state or county is going to unboard them and do crime scene clean up on the mobile homes for the family members? As a courtesy? I thought I read that the homeowner (or next of kin) who had to pay someone to do this (ugh). There is something hinkey about it - they're still looking for something that they don't want to admit. They've already said they completed processing for evidence. What could be in there that local LE doesn't want BCI to know about? It's all speculation at this point and I'm just exploring the issues that trouble me - the ones I wonder about.

Interesting thought about the mother and daughter, there are also the women who were all drug users and/prostitutes and the woman and man who were shot while they slept. It not unusual for a serial killer to have an "issue: with some aspect of the victim's culture. Drugs definitely are the one thing on common with all of these murders. I wonder if there was anyone that the local citizens suspected? Someone in authority with an urge to kill?

If you are referring to the Chillicothe murders, I think that is a distinctly different MO. Those women disappear, turning up (if at all) later, dead somewhere. That one does look much more like an (individual) serial killer, targeting based on convenience/vulnerability.

In reality it would serve no real purpose, other than to try and throw off the time of death maybe. I doubt that the perps would take time to do something like that, but is very possibly they could have.

You're probably right. The only purpose would be to try to throw off time that crime occurred. Was just trying to throw things out there that cross my mind. There are so many possibilities and questions on this case. driving me crazy

I was and I propose that the perp could be rogue LE in both cases. Not as a certainity, but as possibility.

Not sure if this was answered.

Click on the docket tab and it shows that the 2012 action was a Motion to Revise Child Support.

The 2012 "Dissolution" is a database field carryover from the uncontested original 2007 final dissolution related to the case number.

If it were two separate divorces, it would have two different case numbers.

As far as the address used by Dana in the divorce, the court record shows her at 4199 Union Hill Road (the address where FR and HHG were killed) and Chris Sr. at 4077 Union Hill Road (the address where CR1 and GR were killed).

Dana had recently (3-2016) moved to 3122 Union Hill Road where she is presumed to have been killed.

Thank you for clearing that up for me! :) (The "Thanks" button just wasn't enough).

"The whole idea is to preserve them for evidence in the case, and also we want to make sure we are preserving them for the family members," Attorney General Mike DeWine said. "There are pictures in there, there are other things that are very important to the family members."

So does this mean the state or county is going to unboard them and do crime scene clean up on the mobile homes for the family members? As a courtesy? I thought I read that the homeowner (or next of kin) who had to pay someone to do this (ugh). There is something hinkey about it - they're still looking for something that they don't want to admit. They've already said they completed processing for evidence. What could be in there that local LE doesn't want BCI to know about? It's all speculation at this point and I'm just exploring the issues that trouble me - the ones I wonder about.

No, the main point in their doing this is not to do crime scene clean up on the mobile homes for the family members. The main point is that they are being taken into evidence. It doesn't sound like the crime scenes are going to be "cleaned up." I'd imagine that blood stains and the like will be part of the case presented to prosecution.
The snippet "and we also want to make sure we are preserving them for the family members," to me seems like they are trying to make sure that vandals/media/nosy neighbors don't go poking about in the trailers.
None of this seems weird to me at all.
I don't mean this in a rude or judgmental way, but I think you're taking in everything LE says about this case with a thick lens of bias.

Was the arrest date for C May 18? I am not sure I am on the same track.

I can't find the date because coincidentally the arrest can't be found on any news website however the pike county sheriff has a list of incarcerated individuals and Person C's name appears on there and only appears at or around a week ago.

No, the main point in their doing this is not to do crime scene clean up on the mobile homes for the family members. The main point is that they are being taken into evidence. It doesn't sound like the crime scenes are going to be "cleaned up." I'd imagine that blood stains and the like will be part of the case presented to prosecution.
The snippet "and we also want to make sure we are preserving them for the family members," to me seems like they are trying to make sure that vandals/media/nosy neighbors don't go poking about in the trailers.
None of this seems weird to me at all.
I don't mean this in a rude or judgmental way, but I think you're taking in everything LE says about this case with a thick lens of bias.

Perhaps I am taking this too literally, but it sounds like you are confirming that at some point they are going to allow family members to go into trailers that have not been cleaned up, and have been boarded up to gather momentos? I don't have a bias, I have a theory. And there is something wrong with this picture.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

We read face down in this story, I went back and checked. The story originally ran as face down, and was corrected to read, face up.

Quote: Editor's note: This story has been updated to correct errors regarding the positions in which Bobby Jo Manley found the bodies of Gary Rhoden and Christopher Rhoden Sr.

Interesting indeed how that has changed.....Thanks for clarifying it. I wonder which one it really was - face up or face down - and when the story got changed.....

Is there a certain type of gun that doesn't make a sound? (Not including those with silencers, which I've learned still makes noise)
I lived in a trailer growing up and had close neighbors. The walls were so thin you could hear people in the other trailer walking, you could hear their tv and if they were yelling, you could hear every word they said.

A small 22 would may a popping sound, like firecrackers. My thinking is something like a 22 caliber was used and that is why there was so many shots. There has been many cases where someone has been shot in the head with a 22 caliber pistol and survived. I think also a 25 caliber wouldn't be as loud.

Would the gun experts on here like to weigh in on types of guns that are not that loud?

Perhaps I am taking this too literally, but it sounds like you are confirming that at some point they are going to allow family members to go into trailers that have not been cleaned up, and have been boarded up to gather momentos? I don't have a bias, I have a theory.

I don't think that any momento gathering will take place any time soon, as these crime scenes need to be preserved. But at some point, LE will likely hand the trailers back over the the families- I don't know if the trailers will have been cleaned at that point- and it will be nice if they haven't been looted or snooped in. Again, though, that's a secondary (or perhaps even tangential) objective of hauling the trailers away. The main objective is to hold them as evidence.

I understand that you have a theory for this specific case, and I don't mean to insinuate that you distrust LE as a whole. I just think that your theory might be preventing you from processing this specific quote objectively.
It doesn't seem hinky to me, a person who doesn't have a theory regarding LE involvement. It seems really, really, super duper normal.

The theory is sound ... and of course there could be additional dimensions to it. What if the killer/s (I feel sure there were at least two) had hit on a really profitable scheme to order stock from suppliers, go to collect same at a pre-arranged time, get the drop on their hosts, haul out guns to avoid paying, coerce the suppliers to hand over everything they have on hand PLUS torture (?) to get hold of the supplier's cash stash, then knock off everybody in the family to avoid being identified ... thinking or knowing that all of the Rhoden family there could, or would, know who was being supplied in bulk ?? It would represent a "triple bonanza" for the killers, well worth the risk ... !! Prior murders (Minford et al) with the same modus operandi would have emboldened them to go "big" this time around ... ???

Can't quite see the advantage to killing off suppliers. Kinda cuts off the supply.

I don't think that any momento gathering will take place any time soon, as these crime scenes need to be preserved. But at some point, LE will likely hand the trailers back over the the families- I don't know if the trailers will have been cleaned at that point- and it will be nice if they haven't been looted or snooped in. Again, though, that's a secondary (or perhaps even tangential) objective of hauling the trailers away. The main objective is to hold them as evidence.

I understand that you have a theory for this specific case, and I don't mean to insinuate that you distrust LE as a whole. I just think that your theory might be preventing you from processing this specific quote objectively.
It doesn't seem hinky to me, a person who doesn't have a theory regarding LE involvement. It seems really, really, super duper normal.

We can agree to disagree (smile) I just know the DA mentioned photos and other momentos and I can't imagine allowing someone to enter a months old crime scene that hasn't been cleaned up - as you suggested earlier. I can imagine how it would sound like I am picking apart LE's pronouncements, because I am. Too much prior evidence of corruption and it wouldn't be the first time deputies (or a deputy) as been found guilty of crimes (including killing prostitutes and drug users).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue