OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Dana's obituary, she does not have a sister named Judy. Judy is her mother's name FWIW.

Thanks. Well, it's not BJM in the picture, which was the point. That was my own mistake as I thought Judy was the sister. Correction: it's not BJM in the picture, it's their mother, Judy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BJM is the one who actually found them though.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

I have read the face down and GR's father's version too.

From Gary's father:

“My nephew was laying one way and Gary was laying over his legs. Shot three times in the head,” Kenneth Rhoden said.

http://m.wlwt.com/news/-It-s-a-sad-...um=twitter&utm_source=trueAnthem:+New+Content

and via the corrected Enquirer article:

She saw a “bunch of blood in the front room,’’ and what looked like drag marks in blood from there to a back bedroom.

“I yelled Rhoden! Rhoden! Rhoden!’’ she recalled, and ran to Chris Rhoden's bedroom.

That's where she saw Gary Rhoden, 38, lying on his back. Dead. Just up from his body, she saw a bloodied Chris Rhoden, also on his back. He was dead, as well.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

Not sure of what the debate is, but I can see both descriptions being true.

The average pay for a Deputy Sherriff in Ohio is between $12 - $16 an hour. i would think that anyone hired to guard a crime scene would have to be paid about the same. Even at the $12 an hour, that would cost just under $35,000 for one month. If they used Deputies, that would take away from the 13 the county has, or require overtime to be paid. It was much cheaper to move the mobile homes, since they were capable of being moved.

I admit that - but it still stinks to high heaven that after the "scenes" were totally processed, which LE said they were, that they would haul them away. And I don't think "because no one would want to live in them" is necessarily a valid answer. I would think that would be left up to the property owner - unless LE plans to seize the property...

I think Gary got involved in some shady business in Greenup, then left town when things got too dangerous.
He went to stay with his family in Piketon, and told them what was up.
Loose lips led people to know where he was, and who he had told.
They killed him and everyone he told.

Maybe Gary got into some trouble in KY and told CR1 what was up because he thinks CR1 has enough clout with them to help him get out of it. CR1 tells him to come to Piketon and stay then proceeds to try to bargain/threaten whoever GR was in trouble with.

Wecht: "One person got involved in something way over their head and into dangerous games, with the big boys, made threats and then: 'OK, buddy that's it then. I can't run the risk of killing you and leaving your kinfolk alive.'"
He called it personal, but professional

I tend to agree with most of what you're saying. I think they had a group of "main targets" and they knew where they were. But I also think some were innocent victims that were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. In other words some were "collateral damage", and had to be shot since they were now "witnesses".

I like the idea of targets vs. just one target. It's such a large group. At this point, it's just my opinion that all we really know is who wasn't targeted ... the children.

I looked it up and tache noir, the red line across KR's eyes happens approx 7-8 hours after death, if the eyes remained open.
I missed the fact that there were "red lines" across his eyes. I know DS said that his eyes had blood in them, which I thought he meant where blood has just run down into his eyes or something.

Do you have a link to where someone with knowledge talks about "red lines" across his eyes?

I think it could. Am I dreaming or didn't the coroner say all the shots were fatal shots?

What was stated by the coroner -- I've seen this verbatim from her abbreviated report, but can't quickly locate it:

“All sustained fatal gunshot wounds to the body, including the head, torso, and extremities,” the coroner’s release stated.

“Again, in no particular order, there was one victim with a single gunshot wound, one victim with two gunshot wounds, two victims each with three gunshot wounds, one victim with four gunshot wounds, two victims each with five gunshot wounds, and one victim with nine gunshot wounds.

http://www.logandaily.com/news/prel...cle_ce242d8a-1725-53db-a174-047b6b711fa4.html

Some folks interpret the first paragraph as "all of the gunshot wounds were fatal."

My interpretation is that each victim died from a fatal gunshot wound (or wounds) without specifically saying how many of the gunshot wounds were fatal in themselves.

I missed the fact that there were "red lines" across his eyes. I know DS said that his eyes had blood in them, which I thought he meant where blood has just run down into his eyes or something.

Do you have a link to where someone with knowledge talks about "red lines" across his eyes?

I don't think we know one way of the other - DS just said, " I saw blood in his eyes" vs any mention of a wound. When Marymac asked about lividity, I thought about DS statement and researched it . I was surprised (and disturbed) to see how, while the damage of an exit wound might not have been obvious, the images I saw could validate a statement that others have been questioning - that's all.

"Exit wounds will often bleed profusely as they are larger but entrance wounds can sometimes look only like small holes - unless the weapon is fired at close proximity to the victim."
http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/entrance-and-exit-wounds.html

What was stated by the coroner -- I've seen this verbatim from her abbreviated report, but can't quickly locate it:

http://www.logandaily.com/news/prel...cle_ce242d8a-1725-53db-a174-047b6b711fa4.html

Some folks interpret the first paragraph as "all of the gunshot wounds were fatal."

My interpretation is that each victim died from a fatal gunshot wound (or wounds) without specifically saying how many of the gunshot wounds were fatal in themselves.

Thank you! May be a combination of reading that and too many TV shows all meshed together.

From Gary's father:

http://m.wlwt.com/news/-It-s-a-sad-...um=twitter&utm_source=trueAnthem:+New+Content

and via the corrected Enquirer article:

Not sure of what the debate is, but I can see both descriptions being true.

I'm guessing it could be the use of "Just up from" his body. People in different regions say things differently. To me, if someone says "Just up from" something, it means it is apart from that something, not lying across it. If someone asked me where I last saw something, if it were laying on top of something else, I'd say so. If it were laying "just up from" something else, then that's how I'd word it. "Just up from" is a common phrase in our language around here meaning, much closer than "over yonder".

I don't think we know one way of the other - DS just said, " I saw blood in his eyes" vs any mention of a wound. When Marymac asked about lividity, I thought about DS statement and researched it . I was surprised (and disturbed) to see how, while the damage of an exit wound might not have been obvious, the images I saw could validate a statement that others have been questioning - that's all.

"Exit wounds will often bleed profusely as they are larger but entrance wounds can sometimes look only like small holes - unless the weapon is fired at close proximity to the victim."

In DS 911 call he states that KR has a gunshot wound.

I think you have a good point.

Thank you! May be a combination of reading that and too many TV shows all meshed together.

LOL...and reading too many news articles in my case. :)

My recollection is that the immediate reporting on the coroner's statement worded it as "all of the gunshot wounds were fatal" and legs on that interpretation as fact grew from there.

It may turn out that all of the wounds would have been fatal in themselves, but I can't see that as a "for sure fact" until more of the autopsy is made public.

I like the idea of targets vs. just one target. It's such a large group. At this point, it's just my opinion that all we really know is who wasn't targeted ... the children.

And Manleys and Rhodens who also lived along those two roads, and extended family who helped out at times w/cars and animals.

In DS 911 call he states that KR has a gunshot wound.

My comment is a recounting of what he said at first glance in the news interview. At the time of discovery, isn't likely that he looked closer after that? I don't see one or the other as exclusive to evidence.

I tend to agree with most of what you're saying. I think they had a group of "main targets" and they knew where they were. But I also think some were innocent victims that were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. In other words some were "collateral damage", and had to be shot since they were now "witnesses".

I agree about them having targets going in. The only 2 I think were collateral damage are Hanna R and Hannah G. At one point I would have included Chris Jr but he seemed to be involved in a lot of conflict and I think there's a good possibility he knew what was going on..

Is there a certain type of gun that doesn't make a sound? (Not including those with silencers, which I've learned still makes noise)
I lived in a trailer growing up and had close neighbors. The walls were so thin you could hear people in the other trailer walking, you could hear their tv and if they were yelling, you could hear every word they said.

Depending on the weapon and ammo load, the noise could have been very low. A .22 lr would be very quiet with a suppressor. A 9mm with a light load and a heavier recoil spring would be a lot quieter than with the suppressor alone. Still would make some noise but probably not enough to wake someone up that was further than 100 or so feet away. Still would make some sound and accuracy would suffer badly. Also would probably require more shots to kill.

Maybe the victim with 9 gunshot wounds fought back and/or fled. IDK.

A distinct possibility, yes. Think about police shootings we've heard about. Cops can fire off 6 or 12 shots at a suspect, who may be lunging at them, in a matter of seconds. The adrenaline must really be powerful at that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper