OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How far away does she live?
Just bc her daughter was on bus at 7 doesn't mean she left right away, and how long to pick up friends?
If she got there at 7, fed the dogs, chickens, watered them, had to walk around to a few different places getting food, etc....I can see it taking a bit of time before she went into the trailer.

I agree about DS. But the rest of them? I just didn't see it. GR though I'll leave that up in the air. I'd guess a lot of people were about to crawl out of their skin right after the murders though. I also need to amend my original comment. I said I thought they looked healthy and happy. I want to amend that to "healthy". Happy is so subjective.

GR is the only one I really had that feeling about w/harder drugs. It's just a "look". Mostly in the eyes. I thought maybe CR2 might smoke pot b/c of his age, and maybe FR, HR, HG, too. But I didn't peg them as hard drug users nor alcoholic types. I'd guess that CR1, and FR probably had a cold one on a regular basis but they didn't have that look of heavy drinking. KR looked like he may have drank a bit more but probably not from dawn to dusk. The dude that looked to be about to crawl out of his skin, appeared to be jonesing, not just nervous. I could be totally wrong on everyone on here as they're not right in front of me, and I've never spoken to them, so it's a bit harder to tell.

The subject of BJM possibly being the perp has come up just about everyday on here. No one will ever convince me that she had anything to do with any of this. I just cannot see her having it together enough to do it for one, and I just don't see her being able to kill or be involved in the death of her sister, brother-in-law, and nieces and nephews. Not until she is arrested and in jail will I ever believe she had anything to do with it. Besides everything else I just don't think she could of covered it all up this good.

Would she have known to wear gloves, to take down cameras, to worry about gun-powder residue, stepping in blood, getting rid of clothes, etc. I just don't see it.

Out of all of the crazy things about this case, I think the thing that baffles me the most is that no one found Kenneth until 5ish hours later. That makes NO sense to me. He had kids, an ex (I think) wife, and other friends/family yet no one reached out to him. He wasn't that far away from Union Hill Road- not so far that it would be an inconvience to run and check on him if he couldn't be reached by phone. I mean he was CR's brother. Not like a distant relative or cousin.
I would love to know WHY there is such a lapse between finding the initial 7 bodies and then him.

Also- the news started reporting this around 11AM that morning although I'm sure the family knew well before that.

Me too and hopefully not as nefarious as we think it might be.

Her words were that she pulled in driveway and went directly to trailer door which was locked which was unusual she said. Seems backwards to me Just think she knows more.

I lost weight when I was using, but even at that...I wasn't stick thin or covered in track marks by any means. Nobody outside of the people I used and purchased from, including my parents, knew I had an issue. While I'm sure they sensed I was off-I think they even mentioned it a few times-I never showed it. You definitely learn a thing or two about your circulatory system when you start using needles. :facepalm: I veered away from anything visible unless I was totally desperate for a viable vein. I still have scars in some unusual places from hitting them too much. I've made jokes that if I ever needed an autopsy there would be a notation somewhere on my chart that I had visible signs of drug abuse!

I've seen all sorts come in and out of my group meetings over the years, a lot of them you'd never know....a lot of them in prominent professions that would shock the pants off of you if you knew. I've met a Dentist, several teachers, a couple of attorneys, and more soccer mom/homemakers than you could shake a stick at. These women come in dressed to the nines-covered in class from head to toe-but underneath they're just a plain ol' addict like the rest of us. It's kind of amazing how this stuff worms its way into every walk of life imaginable. Then...you have the folks that have sunk to whole new lows and that carefully crafted facade that some of us hold so dear....is just gone. Poof. At some point, they hit a point where they stopped caring about hiding it....and they come in covered in track marks, unwashed and look like they've been thrown under a bus and repeatedly run over. Honestly, one of my favorite parts of going to group meetings still is watching those people transform right before your eyes. They get jobs, start dressing nicer...take care of themselves and go on with life. It's amazing to see.

If Gary had no day job and an addiction...the guy had to have some kind of cash flow...and we're talking some bank depending on what he chose from the buffet!

I had read somewhere that GR had not clocked in to a job he was supposed to be at by 5:30 a.m. However, that does not mean that he was not using. I've seen people w/Heroin addictions, and extreme alcoholics, actually manage to hang on to jobs! Amazing as that may sound.

Its possible people tried to call him, and no answer. They may have hoped he was busy working. The rest of his own family was in KY?
Do we know whether Kenneth had a cellphone? Or any kind of phone? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Kenneth planning to go to an auction that morning? Regardless, we know so few details about him, his habits, his relationship with others, etc. It'd be prudent to be cautious about using our imaginations to fill in what we don't know. I'm not sure anyone, until Kenneth was found, thought there were targets outside a very limited area (within a mile or so on the same road, correct?). It was, as they say, an evolving situation. Even in that restricted area, not all the Rhodens were apparently targeted.

CORRECTION: DS said he was going to work on cars with Kenneth. He was surprised not to see Kenneth outside because Kenneth would usually be outside working by 5:30 a.m. DS never indicated that Kenneth had to punch into work somewhere.

We don't know if she always left promptly from her house at 7:00 a.m., do we? I doubt it. I doubt her schedule was that strict to the minute. If she had a couple of chores to finish at home, or if she was waiting for her friends to get there, it could easily be 7:30 or later when she left. She may not even know precisely when she left that morning. Not to the minute. I can more easily imagine BJ leaving closer to 7:30 that morning than that she manipulated the crime scenes before calling 911.

But in the first interview, she says she was at CR1's trailer at 7:00 a.m. That's the issue.

She may have fed a lot of animals before going to the door.

In her first interview she said she went to CR1's trailer at 7:00 a.m., then in this one she says she was putting her kid on the bus at 7:00 a.m.

She also never says in either that she fed any animals first, in fact, quote:She had a friend and his wife with her when she pulled into the driveway. She left her cellphone charging in the car and went up to the trailer. She turned the handle of the door and thought it was odd it was locked, she said. She also thought it was odd that Rhoden's two pit bulls were outside on the front porch, one sitting in a recliner. The animals normally stayed inside the trailer, she said.She found the key and opened the door.
I'm not saying she murdered them but there's something "off" with her and DS. I think they know more and I have thought that from Day 1.

People who do drugs stay up all night "partying". If Gary was there , could be Chris Sr was going drugs with him.(and who else?) Also explains why DR and her kids moved to new house, The older kids were likely used to the drugs, but didn't want the drug scene around the new baby. Or maybe the "scene" had progressively gotten worse.

The late nights and drugs could also be why somebody else fed the animals.

As far as the time w the mornings of the murders, the sister could easily have gotten her times wrong being upset and all. How can she put the child on the bus at 7, pick up friends and be at Chris's at 7.

I think that day everyone was really shocked, and maybe they didn't think about KR. Many times when tragedy hits, you see who is front of you and think of little else.
Even though I think way more of them were on drugs besides Gary.
If DS did this , I doubt he'd be the one calling 911. Many people have mentioned about, he called after he saw the pot. It was just his path, he looked to see if anyone else was dead in the shed. And yeah he walked out to the road, to get away from the scene or to look for on coming help, cell reception?

So much noise about 200 or whatever number of pot plants.. They could have been tiny seedlings.
As far as the cash paid for the new property,, many people do not trust banks, or at least keep some money out of the banks.
Just because it "looks" to a lot of people that they were poor, does not mean they were.

Likely Chris Sr was the main target with the most shots, others cause they knew who would have done it or who had been there.
Some have said a person on drugs couldn't have done it? Some types of drugs could have fueled this!
And, yes any family left would be afraid to talk if they did know.
JMO

Yes x 1000! Bc how could anyone be in shock finding their relative dead and start scooping up money!? Absolutely right! Thank you!!
Maybe Kenneth owed someone money and he was getting ready to give the person the cash and they shot him and left the cash there. Not sure if that sound feasable or not but maybe if there was money it was Kenneths and not the perps that left it... Also, I just thought of something. There was obviously a struggle with a couple of the men.You would think the perps would also have scratches, bruising or a black eye or something also. These men were not small in stature. People love to talk, I am wondering why no one said oh I seen so and so and they looked like they were hurt., especially if it was family or close friend.

But in the first interview, she says she was at CR1's trailer at 7:00 a.m. That's the issue.

Was she even keeping track of the time that morning? It was just a morning like any other morning, as far as she was concerned. She might have said 7:00 because that's roughly the time she'd usually get there. But she also apparently had to pick up her friends, if I understand correctly. That in itself could have delayed her arrival. I'm much more inclined to think she was mistaken about the time than that she had some nefarious role in the murders (or in some imagined cleanup). Besides, she wasn't alone. She couldn't just make up facts willy-nilly.

She lives fairly close, but, she initially said she got to CR1's by 7:00 am. If that's true, then what the heck was she doing for 49 minutes?

Then she says she got her kid on the bus at 7:00 a.m. She cannot get her kid on the bus at 7 and be at CR1's at 7. She picked up The Mystery Couple along the way either way. Where do TMC live? What took 49 minutes for her to call 911 if she did get there at 7:a.m. like she said?

Her daughter is 15, I doubt she had to be there to put her daughter on the bus at 7:00 am.

Out of all of the crazy things about this case, I think the thing that baffles me the most is that no one found Kenneth until 5ish hours later. That makes NO sense to me. He had kids, an ex (I think) wife, and other friends/family yet no one reached out to him. He wasn't that far away from Union Hill Road- not so far that it would be an inconvience to run and check on him if he couldn't be reached by phone. I mean he was CR's brother. Not like a distant relative or cousin.
I would love to know WHY there is such a lapse between finding the initial 7 bodies and then him.

Also- the news started reporting this around 11AM that morning although I'm sure the family knew well before that.
I've thought it went like this. In the very beginning, the first bodies were found by Manleys, and it probably looked like it was some crazy person w/a vendetta against CR1 & DR w/GR in the wrong place at the wrong time. CR1 and GR had six surviving siblings (seven as far as those who initially found CR1 probably thought) and a surviving mother. The police were there questioning them and nailing down the scenes, by 8:01 a.m. and 8:11 a.m. Someone probably went to CR1's mothers home first instead of calling her. Then, they call around to other family. (KR was supposed to be going to work on cars early that day w/DS too.) This is also one of the reasons I thought DS may have found KR earlier, lifted the money, then re-found him w/LR, then called 911. It would also explain some of the time lapse.

The subject of BJM possibly being the perp has come up just about everyday on here. No one will ever convince me that she had anything to do with any of this. I just cannot see her having it together enough to do it for one, and I just don't see her being able to kill or be involved in the death of her sister, brother-in-law, and nieces and nephews. Not until she is arrested and in jail will I ever believe she had anything to do with it. Besides everything else I just don't think she could of covered it all up this good.

Would she have known to wear gloves, to take down cameras, to worry about gun-powder residue, stepping in blood, getting rid of clothes, etc. I just don't see it.

I do not see her as a hands on participant but something does not add up. People are not giving her enough credit. The woman has two children that she mothers, I am fairly sure she has a job, although it probably does not pay an enormous amount if it's where I think it is, and was probably caring for the animals for some side cash. Do I think she'd be a criminal mastermind? No. But I do believe that she and DR had some sibling rivalry. I don't see her as an easy person to get along with for some reason. I just think that maybe she knows more than what she's telling.

People who do drugs stay up all night "partying". If Gary was there , could be Chris Sr was going drugs with him.(and who else?) Also explains why DR and her kids moved to new house, The older kids were likely used to the drugs, but didn't want the drug scene around the new baby. Or maybe the "scene" had progressively gotten worse.

The late nights and drugs could also be why somebody else fed the animals.

As far as the time w the mornings of the murders, the sister could easily have gotten her times wrong being upset and all. How can she put the child on the bus at 7, pick up friends and be at Chris's at 7.

I think that day everyone was really shocked, and maybe they didn't think about KR. Many times when tragedy hits, you see who is front of you and think of little else.
Even though I think way more of them were on drugs besides Gary.
If DS did this , I doubt he'd be the one calling 911. Many people have mentioned about, he called after he saw the pot. It was just his path, he looked to see if anyone else was dead in the shed. And yeah he walked out to the road, to get away from the scene or to look for on coming help, cell reception?

So much noise about 200 or whatever number of pot plants.. They could have been tiny seedlings.
As far as the cash paid for the new property,, many people do not trust banks, or at least keep some money out of the banks.
Just because it "looks" to a lot of people that they were poor, does not mean they were.

Likely Chris Sr was the main target with the most shots, others cause they knew who would have done it or who had been there.
Some have said a person on drugs couldn't have done it? Some types of drugs could have fueled this!
And, yes any family left would be afraid to talk if they did know.
JMO

I agree w/just about everything except BJM's time mix ups.

Her daughter is 15, I doubt she had to be there to put her daughter on the bus at 7:00 am.

There could be a whole bunch of reasons a 15 year old needs someone there to make sure she gets on the bus: special needs, chronically truant, missed the bus so often that BJM has to be there to keep her on schedule. Anything. Or it's just a way of saying she was home in the mornings for her kid. I say I have to get my kids off the bus at 2:30. I don't physically get them off the bus, but I'm at home when they get off. It's plausible she means she liked to be there when the kid got on.

I don't see her guilty of the actual murders, but I do believe there is more that happened with or to her that morning than she has stated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member