OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty good. I don't necessarily think that he told the whole family but if there was indeed a beating that occurred, wanting to know who all GR told about the crime could be the info they were after.

Since the murders took place over such a short time span, LE will probably never be 100% sure on the order of the murders. Did the killers know the family well enough to know that DR and CR1 were reconciling? If so did they go to her place first thinking he was there and not finding him there killed them so they couldn't talk?

The one thing that I can't get my head around is how were so many killed in their sleep? I'm a deep sleeper, but there's no way I'd sleep through multiple gunshots. Even if "suppressors" were used (there's no such thing as a "silencer" no matter what we see in tv). It would still be incredibly loud in such closed quarters as a trailer. Almost had to be 2-3 people. The Rhodens, by all accounts, were a family that could hold their own in a physical altercation. It would've taken a minimum of 2 bad men to overwhelm those 2 IMO.

That's why I don't think this was teenagers or family. This was done by at least 2-3 very bad hombres that have more than likely done it before. So was it CR1 or GR that was the main target? Somewhere in the middle of the Bermuda triangle that is Minford, Greenup, Pike county is the answer

One person with two pistols could kill two sleeping people so quick they wouldn't wake up...

One person with two pistols could kill two sleeping people so quick they wouldn't wake up...

Sure it's possible. Not very likely though. Just can't see one individual pulling this off. They were obviously suspicious people as evidenced by the surveillance equipment they had. There's no way one person got the jump on that family

Sure it's possible. Not very likely though. Just can't see one individual pulling this off. They were obviously suspicious people as evidenced by the surveillance equipment they had. There's no way one person got the jump on that family

I've been thinking 3 - 4. It's just that Chris and Frankie's trailers were so close together. I can see them getting hit at the same time.

Throw holes in this theory, please:

Things we know:
-Gary was involved in more than just marijuana. We know that he was a user of heavier drugs, we know that he had family involved in drug trades transcending cannabis, and we know he associated with some sketchy people.
-He had moved back and forth between Greenup, KY; Portsmouth, OH; and Piketon, OH.
-Gary had recently left Greenup, KY and gone to OH. His stomping grounds were in Portsmouth, which is about 32 minutes away from Piketon. He was staying in Piketon with CRsr and his family.

Things we also know, but may or may not be related to this case:

-A double murder occurred in January of 2016 just outside of Minford, OH. (Minford is 24 minutes away from Portsmouth, OH.) The double murder left a mother and her high school daughter dead. The mother was shot execution style in their trailer while she was sleeping, and the daughter was shot when she was fleeing.
-One of the two (or both) was dealing oxycodone/oxycontin.

The Theory
-Gary's sketchy social circle led him to be privy to which persons committed the double homicide in Minford.
-Gary had loose lips and a drug or alcohol problem. He was letting slip around town who was responsible for the double homicide. The people he told included CRsr.
-CRsr told his family about the situation
-Someone told the perpetrators that Gary (and CRsr) were running their mouths
-The perpetrators, to keep the secret from getting out, killed Gary and his family. Much in the same way they killed the mother/daughter in Minford. Execution style, in their trailers, as they slept. With the exception of Gary and CRsr, who were also beaten(?) before being shot.

The theory is sound ... and of course there could be additional dimensions to it. What if the killer/s (I feel sure there were at least two) had hit on a really profitable scheme to order stock from suppliers, go to collect same at a pre-arranged time, get the drop on their hosts, haul out guns to avoid paying, coerce the suppliers to hand over everything they have on hand PLUS torture (?) to get hold of the supplier's cash stash, then knock off everybody in the family to avoid being identified ... thinking or knowing that all of the Rhoden family there could, or would, know who was being supplied in bulk ?? It would represent a "triple bonanza" for the killers, well worth the risk ... !! Prior murders (Minford et al) with the same modus operandi would have emboldened them to go "big" this time around ... ???

Everyone seems to be stuck on the thinking all the murders happened nearly simultaneously. It could be CR1 and Gary were killed hours before the rest or at least before DR and family. We have no time frame
for when KR was killed. The TODs could make a huge difference on how all this came about.

I am convinced that LE played a part in these murders - whether it's a rogue cop or an undercover operation gone bad. I can't imagine any other scenario where homes would be hauled off to a giant warehouse. "Preserved and protected" from who? 24 hour guards would have been cheaper than hauling all that away. I just can't think of anything that the Rhodens did that someone else local would wipe them out for. GR and DS remind me of guys I knew way back in the day. They drink and drug too much, and rely on stronger relatives to see them through... No one is going to own up to anything, including the Manley's because everyone knows who did this, but to say it out loud could be a death sentence. lmho

I like your ability to bring forth "elephant in the room" issues.

I have noticed something strange relative to Dana Lynn Rhoden's facebook page. I have two screengrabs of the same profile pic with 2 comments, 10 likes and 14 shares. On the one screengrab it has date and time stamp April 20 at 6.52pm and on the other it has 21 April at 00.52am. Analysing this "discrepancy" I note that the time difference is exactly 6 hours. How come ?? Well, my tablet is set for UK time ... the one screengrab was taken from the Facebook App direct and the other was via Google Chrome. Had me confused for a minute or three ... just goes to show how one can be quite adamant about seeing something on the the 20th and somebody else be damn sure that same thing was posted on the 21st !!
No, Facebook logs the times- not the browser. Do you have your app/chrome set to different time zones?

Everyone seems to be stuck on the thinking all the murders happened nearly simultaneously. It could be CR1 and Gary were killed hours before the rest or at least before DR and family. We have no time frame
for when KR was killed. The TODs could make a huge difference on how all this came about.

Chris and Gary almost had to be killed at or around the same time as Hannah G and Frankie. Their trailers were too close. I'm guessing the killers entered the trailers simultaneously. I would love to know the TOD for all the victims. It could possibly give us a timeline because right now we don't know where they started and who they finished with. JMO

According to this court link, DR's address was 4199 Union Hill Rd in 2007 when divorce was filed, so that must've been the address she used at that time, even though she had only recently moved in there??

http://pikecountycpcourt.org/eservi...80qQpsCAYrmAmO8nuTRdKJSt-oOlhu6xjjaywvGal68Rg

Also, if you click on the "Disposition" Tab, it shows 2007 and 2012 dissolution so possibly they were married and divorced twice?

Not sure if this was answered.

Click on the docket tab and it shows that the 2012 action was a Motion to Revise Child Support.

The 2012 "Dissolution" is a database field carryover from the uncontested original 2007 final dissolution related to the case number.

If it were two separate divorces, it would have two different case numbers.

As far as the address used by Dana in the divorce, the court record shows her at 4199 Union Hill Road (the address where FR and HHG were killed) and Chris Sr. at 4077 Union Hill Road (the address where CR1 and GR were killed).

Dana had recently (3-2016) moved to 3122 Union Hill Road where she is presumed to have been killed.

That's pretty good. I don't necessarily think that he told the whole family but if there was indeed a beating that occurred, wanting to know who all GR told about the crime could be the info they were after.

Since the murders took place over such a short time span, LE will probably never be 100% sure on the order of the murders. Did the killers know the family well enough to know that DR and CR1 were reconciling? If so did they go to her place first thinking he was there and not finding him there killed them so they couldn't talk?

The one thing that I can't get my head around is how were so many killed in their sleep? I'm a deep sleeper, but there's no way I'd sleep through multiple gunshots. Even if "suppressors" were used (there's no such thing as a "silencer" no matter what we see in tv). It would still be incredibly loud in such closed quarters as a trailer. Almost had to be 2-3 people. The Rhodens, by all accounts, were a family that could hold their own in a physical altercation. It would've taken a minimum of 2 bad men to overwhelm those 2 IMO.

That's why I don't think this was teenagers or family. This was done by at least 2-3 very bad hombres that have more than likely done it before. So was it CR1 or GR that was the main target? Somewhere in the middle of the Bermuda triangle that is Minford, Greenup, Pike county is the answer

The main reason I cannot let go of the family theory (or the teenagers, for that matter) is the fact that one of the victims was shot 9 times. This reeks of a passion motive. And no, the suggested reason for the 9 shots done just to empty the gun does not hold water for me. This was anger/rage, pure and simple.

I'm not really stuck on a timeline so much as the noise. I just don't see how anyone at the Chris/Frankie residences slept through all those gunshots.

I am new to Websleuths and hope this post meets your guidelines.

The Scioto County Ohio Sheriff's Office FB page has a post dated April 28 which denies there is a "connection between the Pike County Multiple Homicide investigation and the Scioto County Double Homicide investigation of Candace Newsome age 48 and her 16 year old daughter Kristina M. Newsome."

"Sheriff Donini would like to emphasize that at this time there is “absolutely” no truth to this rumor."

"The public is asked to refrain from circulating “unverified” facts concerning the “two” on-going investigations and to do so only hampers the investigations and fuels hysteria within our community."

I'm not really stuck on a timeline so much as the noise. I just don't see how anyone at the Chris/Frankie residences slept through all those gunshots.

Not only that but everyone (with the exception of Kenneth, not sure about him as I haven't went there yet) had other neighbors. Close enough to hear gun shots for sure..I know people in rural areas may be accustomed to the occasional gun shot, I hear them where I live too but this would have been excessive, consecutive shots. Not like someone hunting.

The main reason I cannot let go of the family theory (or the teenagers, for that matter) is the fact that one of the victims was shot 9 times. This reeks of a passion motive. And no, the suggested reason for the 9 shots done just to empty the gun does not hold water for me. This was anger/rage, pure and simple.
Depends on where the 9 shots were. Kneecap, arm, shots etc along with the soft tissue bruising suggests, to me anyway, of a method of interrogation. Now if they're all head/chest shots, that's rage

Chris and Gary almost had to be killed at or around the same time as Hannah G and Frankie. Their trailers were too close. I'm guessing the killers entered the trailers simultaneously. I would love to know the TOD for all the victims. It could possibly give us a timeline because right now we don't know where they started and who they finished with. JMO

We don't even know if CR1 and GR were not killed hours apart. You almost need to assume CR1 was killed first since GR was reported to be on top of CR1's legs. If so, how long before? We have no idea. CR1 may have been killed and the killer waited for GR to show up or GR showed up unexpectedly. We do not know that gun shots in one of the trailers would be heard in the other for that matter. Only speculation of that. We don't even know what type of gun(s) were used.

O.K., out a limb here...meaning huge margin of error. Seems to me, the most useful TOD info. Would be that of KR compared to the other victims. I am new to this stuff. Have been reading info. On lividitiy in relation to TOD. Would love to hear from some of you who have knowledge of this and/or who has read a bit on it.

I am new to Websleuths and hope this post meets your guidelines.

The Scioto County Ohio Sheriff's Office FB page has a post dated April 28 which denies there is a "connection between the Pike County Multiple Homicide investigation and the Scioto County Double Homicide investigation of Candace Newsome age 48 and her 16 year old daughter Kristina M. Newsome."

"Sheriff Donini would like to emphasize that at this time there is “absolutely” no truth to this rumor."

"The public is asked to refrain from circulating “unverified” facts concerning the “two” on-going investigations and to do so only hampers the investigations and fuels hysteria within our community."

Here's the link to that FB post by Scioto County Sheriff's Office:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=992393904183719&id=112980768791708

And to a related 4-28 news report:

http://nbc4i.com/2016/04/28/pike-co...cioto-co-family-who-lost-mother-and-daughter/

The FB post isn't a full-on denial of any connection, but a denial of the existence of any evidence linking the crimes at that time.

Depends on where the 9 shots were. Kneecap, arm, shots etc along with the soft tissue bruising suggests, to me anyway, of a method of interrogation. Now if they're all head/chest shots, that's rage

Again maybe. If I am really enraged with someone I might shot them all over their body. I think the number of shots trumps location in this case. I can see your point though re: interrogation. Thanks.

I would be shocked if they took their times killing them and actually waited for someone else to arrive. The scenerio I have in my head has them wanting in and out. I think they knew who was where and I don't think they wasted time once they got inside. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove