OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that any momento gathering will take place any time soon, as these crime scenes need to be preserved. But at some point, LE will likely hand the trailers back over the the families- I don't know if the trailers will have been cleaned at that point- and it will be nice if they haven't been looted or snooped in. Again, though, that's a secondary (or perhaps even tangential) objective of hauling the trailers away. The main objective is to hold them as evidence.

I understand that you have a theory for this specific case, and I don't mean to insinuate that you distrust LE as a whole. I just think that your theory might be preventing you from processing this specific quote objectively.
It doesn't seem hinky to me, a person who doesn't have a theory regarding LE involvement. It seems really, really, super duper normal.
JMO that no "cleanup" will occur at the expense of Pike Co., or the state of Ohio. I don't know what "law" would even give them the right to spend taxpayer money to do the cleanup. From what I've heard on here about the cost of doing a cleanup and considering the possible condition of some of the trailers, I would venture to guess that at least a couple of them may not be worth cleaning up.

I would imagine they will be "cleaned up" enough to be safe for people to enter and do what may be required inside. They can't and won't, imo, leave the blood and body fragments lying around.

We can agree to disagree (smile) I just know the DA mentioned photos and other momentos and I can't imagine allowing someone to enter a months old crime scene that hasn't been cleaned up - as you suggested earlier. I can imagine how it would sound like I am picking apart LE's pronouncements, because I am. Too much prior evidence of corruption and it wouldn't be the first time deputies (or a deputy) as been found guilty of crimes (including killing prostitutes and drug users).

We are all certainly entitled to our theories. Reading them all is very interesting. The only thing I wonder about with the theory of LE taking the trailers for a coverup means this crime goes right up the line . . . Sheriff, attorney general, and BCI would all have to be involved as they all have access. How are you seeing this play out and how far up are you imagining it goes?

I would imagine they will be "cleaned up" enough to be safe for people to enter and do what may be required inside. They can't and won't, imo, leave the blood and body fragments lying around.
I don't feel I can respond to this with the "best answer", so I'd suggest doing a search on the internet. What I will say is this. The coroner would of taken anything of "substance", but yes, anything else will still be there. There are professional companies that do this type of cleanup, and it is not a job for the weak. I can almost assure you that everything will be "as it was" other than decay or what rodents and bugs "got into".

If this is not appropriate, please delete.

JMO that no "cleanup" will occur at the expense of Pike Co., or the state of Ohio. I don't know what "law" would even give them the right to spend taxpayer money to do the cleanup. From what I've heard on here about the cost of doing a cleanup and considering the possible condition of some of the trailers, I would venture to guess that at least a couple of them may not be worth cleaning up.

I actually agree with you and K.L.Puyallup - that's why I am questioning the condition of the trailers and the contents - which are not LE's property - and how relatives, such as
LM would ever retrieve things that could be all he has to remember his daughter and grandkids by. It's just different and perplexing as they could never do this to someone's home - hold it indefinitely and never release it... Unless they determined their right to it under forfeiture laws.

I don't feel I can respond to this with the "best answer", so I'd suggest doing a search on the internet. What I will say is this. The coroner would of taken anything of "substance", but yes, anything else will still be there. There are professional companies that do this type of cleanup, and it is not a job for the weak. I can almost assure you that everything will be "as it was" other than decay or what rodents and bugs "got into".

If this is not appropriate, please delete.

I know what a crime scene clean up consists of. Murders are messy. Most people don't want to even think about it, much less do it. They are " preserving" the crime scenes correct ? To do so would mean you would have to stop any bacterias and the like . Those homes are gonna be in a metal building, locked up for no telling how long with summer coming up. There will be occasions when Le will have to go back inside. They won't be cleaned spotless no....but they will have to be cleaned enough to stop a health hazard. Stains will remain, sure. But the product itself will not. Imo.

Thanks Jim. I actually looked into it as a career before I changed my major from Public Safety to Interdisciplinary Studies in education, which still requires a good number of classes in public safety. I don't have the stomach for it! That's what I find so disturbing about the possibility of relatives entering it after time goes by!

There are at least three of us who swear to having seen that post ... I know for sure it was there, only wish I had taken a screengrab of it because it looked to be an important factor and I still have concerns about it !!

Someone in a previous thread said that she posted on someone else's page at this time, not her own, because I questioned why I couldn't see it.

Also, if as some have speculated, they may walk a jury through at a later date....they would have to be cleaned.

I know of one silenced revolver and that was a nagnant a Russian revolver where cylinder moves forward to seal the forcing cone. All other revolvers wouldn't be able to seal and would be pointless to really silence. Law enforcement probally has a good idea what was used by ballistics and probally ard is probally one of those Hingis there keeping from the public. If it true somebody heard shots and that there was no cases found it would be a revolver or a small rifle with a brass catcher. I highly soupy that anyone could find atleast 32 cases from a automatic pistol in a house were there's furniture and the perps have been moving. You also can get prints off of the projectiles and they should be able to narrow down the possibility of who manufactures them or if they were home made bullets for the most parts. I just think that we will not get anything solid from LE about ballistics. However I am sure they have tried to see if anyone connected to the case has a missing firearm and may have searched near by for it. There was something about a pond or a lake would be nice to see where that was on a map if it's not just a rumor. Also they could have recovered one and just not reporting it. Still believe our best clue has something to do with the sealed warrant locations. Also hoping the killer or killers are in custody somewhere else or it's an injustice for the family and locals. There so many logical possibilities with LE keeping shut its has to be causing undo mental stress on local and family.

I actually agree with you and K.L.Puyallup - that's why I am questioning the condition of the trailers and the contents - which are not LE's property - and how relatives, such as
LM would ever retrieve things that could be all he has to remember his daughter and grandkids by. It's just different and perplexing as they could never do this to someone's home - hold it indefinitely and never release it... Unless they determined their right to it under forfeiture laws.
I don't have an opinion on if they will keep the trailers. Since they appear to have given the land back, then I'd assume the trailers will be given back at some point. Even if they (LE) kept the trailers I think that personal belongings would be returned. It's kind of irrelevant, but I'm not sure LM would be the next of kin in this case or the executor, so he'll probably have to get what someone gives him. JMO

I don't have an opinion on if they will keep the trailers. Since they appear to have given the land back, then I'd assume the trailers will be given back at some point. Even if they (LE) kept the trailers I think that personal belongings would be returned. It's kind of irrelevant, but I'm not sure LM would be the next of kin in this case or the executor, so he'll probably have to get what someone gives him. JMO

Wouldn't he be for Dana's belongings? Am I missing someone? (Could be, I'm also writing a paper!)

I know what a crime scene clean up consists of. Murders are messy. Most people don't want to even think about it, much less do it. They are " preserving" the crime scenes correct ? To do so would mean you would have to stop any bacterias and the like . Those homes are gonna be in a metal building, locked up for no telling how long with summer coming up. There will be occasions when Le will have to go back inside. They won't be cleaned spotless no....but they will have to be cleaned enough to stop a health hazard. Stains will remain, sure. But the product itself will not. Imo.
That very well could be. I would think doing very much "cleanup" or "decontaminating" though might defeat the purpose of preserving the crime scene. I would think that as they find out more info that they might even need to go back and try to get more DNA samples possibly...things such as that, and if anything has been cleaned then there is no chance. Maybe if they're in a building it will be air conditioned? Just to be clear, I have no issue with what you said. Just throwing other possibilities out there. You make a good point.

Wouldn't he be for Dana's belongings? Am I missing someone? (Could be, I'm also writing a paper!)
No. Chris Sr, and Dana's Kids (who are deceased), so then their grandkids. Since they are all minors, I'm not sure if their "guardians" would get to collect belongings or what. It might actually come down to an executor letting brothers, sisters, or parents get stuff like that. Just not sure, but their actual (next in line) heirs according to the law, would be their grandkids.

No. Chris Sr, and Dana's Kids (who are deceased), so then their grandkids. Since they are all minors, I'm not sure if their "guardians" would get to collect belongings or what. It might actually come down to an executor letting brothers, sisters, or parents get stuff like that. Just not sure, but their actual (next in line) heirs according to the law, would be their grandkids.

Understood. But I was thinking that her dad and mum would probably keep them for the kids.

just tossing this out. I am not familiar w Facebook stuff so my question is: Could DR have already been killed BEFORE any alleged posts were made? In other words, if she left her computer on and stayed signed in, could someone else (killer) have posted something to make it look like she was still alive and posting??

I really doubt this is the case, but, for future reference, FB posts can be manipulated. Now, the unseen, inner workings, part of FB probably has some record of a change being made, but it would not appear that way to someone who is just going through your feed.

just tossing this out. I am not familiar w Facebook stuff so my question is: Could DR have already been killed BEFORE any alleged posts were made? In other words, if she left her computer on and stayed signed in, could someone else (killer) have posted something to make it look like she was still alive and posting??

I see what you are saying, but if they did that to set up a fake timeline, I would think they would have posted on HER own timeline instead of someone else's! Good thought, tho!

Understood. But I was thinking that her dad and mum would probably keep them for the kids.
Just not sure how it will play out. I mean the grandkids will be the "heirs", so I don't know if the trailers will be turned over to them (their guardians), or if they will have to sit untouched until it all goes through probate or what. Probably once they get turned back over the executor would have to decide who can go get what. Just not sure really.

Is it possible that they "dragged" themselves to the back at gunpoint after having been shot in non fatal places during torture. If they were bleeding from flesh wounds in the lower extremities, couldn't the blood look like drag marks?

That is actually my theory, since we know they had multiple shots! I think they were dragging themselves down the hall, trying to get away from the perps....perhaps shot in the legs. They made it to the bedroom and were shot fatally there, which would make sense why they were face down too. I cannot even imagine the horror and fear. Our instincts to save our lives kicks in and they may have been going to the bedroom where they could get a gun to fight back. But, they just didn't have a chance. They clearly were ambushed when they least expected it, as they seemed to be the type that had weapons for protection and would not have been afraid to protect themselves. They really let their guard down if they had been expecting trouble. I still tend to think it was someone they knew and trusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper