OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find the date because coincidentally the arrest can't be found on any news website however the pike county sheriff has a list of incarcerated individuals and Person C's name appears on there and only appears at or around a week ago.

Need more info can't find it but seems to connect to the what I would expect LE to be doing. Maybe B who I can find was a ci for a short time to get more info possibly and c has been a suspect with info on the murders. I grew up in a small area I could see something like that happening there with all the intertwined relationships. A pm or a clue would be a big help not very good with this iPhone I can't see dates of arrest. But I think your on to something. I don't think A had a thing to do with it and believe he reason he wasn't there that night was because he spent he night with b possibly ( his alibi ) but I am clueless who C is but really think your on to something. It's crazy the web of interwined relationships in small remote areas.

Yes, you're right. However, staying with the focus of our discussion on this particular thread, we are talking about this crime, and not, crimes of passion overall, etc. In this crime, the number of shots inflicted on one of the victims was significantly more than those inflicted on other victims. This may be an indicator of strong emotion in relation to this one victim, and therefore, makes it difficult for me to exclude family member theories.

Would not an indication of strong emotion in relation to one victim be passion?

Yes, you're right. However, staying with the focus of our discussion on this particular thread, we are talking about this crime, and not, crimes of passion overall, etc. In this crime, the number of shots inflicted on one of the victims was significantly more than those inflicted on other victims. This may be an indicator of strong emotion in relation to this one victim, and therefore, makes it difficult for me to exclude family member theories.

If he were found in bed with nine bullet wounds, I'd be more inclined to accept this theory. But he was apparently out of bed, which means he could've been charging at the assailant(s) or trying to flee. His actions, therefore, might have caused the assailant(s) to immobilize him with a hail of bullets.

In small town PA, my ex and I bounced back and forth for 17 years, even after I had long moved to Florida... lust and our beloved son were the catalysts - probably not too different for C & D. I can't imagine any one of the other people we had relationships with in between would have murdered our entire families because of it. (smile). I think someone shot CRsr that many times because they were trying to find out something. The question for me is "what?" and did they get what they were looking for?

Is it possible that they "dragged" themselves to the back at gunpoint after having been shot in non fatal places during torture. If they were bleeding from flesh wounds in the lower extremities, couldn't the blood look like drag marks?

This whole torture theory to extract information is not persuasive, IMO. I'd have to have a whole lot more reliable evidence before I'd go that route. I mean, it sounds more like a made-for-TV movie script than what we'd likely see in a mass homicide.

Between multiple people hearing different things, multiple people reading different things, MSM not matching interviews, I believe we successfully took a can of worms and made it 10# of worms in a 5# bag...

Interesting indeed how that has changed.....Thanks for clarifying it. I wonder which one it really was - face up or face down - and when the story got changed.....

If you look in the link, the original story has a date of May 11, 2016.
If you click on the link, you will see that above the start of the story, is the writer's email address, and to the right of that is the date, 2:20 p.m. EDT May 20, 2016.
Just a guess, but I'd say that's the date that the article was changed.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

This no new info crap is so bad that I have started noticing things from this case that would fit the Missy Bevers case and vice versa. :(

A small 22 would may a popping sound, like firecrackers. My thinking is something like a 22 caliber was used and that is why there was so many shots. There has been many cases where someone has been shot in the head with a 22 caliber pistol and survived. I think also a 25 caliber wouldn't be as loud.

Would the gun experts on here like to weigh in on types of guns that are not that loud?

With the right shot placement a 22 can kill someone on the first shot. IIRC the coroner stated that all shots were considered fatal. Whoever did this was making certain they were dead w/that final head shot though. This was one cold-hearted individual.

I don't think that any momento gathering will take place any time soon, as these crime scenes need to be preserved. But at some point, LE will likely hand the trailers back over the the families- I don't know if the trailers will have been cleaned at that point- and it will be nice if they haven't been looted or snooped in. Again, though, that's a secondary (or perhaps even tangential) objective of hauling the trailers away. The main objective is to hold them as evidence.

I understand that you have a theory for this specific case, and I don't mean to insinuate that you distrust LE as a whole. I just think that your theory might be preventing you from processing this specific quote objectively.
It doesn't seem hinky to me, a person who doesn't have a theory regarding LE involvement. It seems really, really, super duper normal.

I have an LE theory and I don't find taking the trailers as odd at all considering that they are mobile. I thought it was rather smart. I also do not think they'll do any cleaning for the families. As someone who has had experience w/ family members having found deceased family members w/ gunshot as cause of death, no one cleaned up for them. It was all on them. (Cleaning services are expensive, and after those trailers have sat for this long, I'd say very expensive.) If family wish to go in and get mementos, at some point in the distant future, I see that being allowed, but possibly not. Some of my parent's property was taken by LE to aid in processing a burglary at their home (possible prints left on the dropped items). We never saw it again. It is still at the p.d. and that's been decades ago.

I would imagine they will be "cleaned up" enough to be safe for people to enter and do what may be required inside. They can't and won't, imo, leave the blood and body fragments lying around.

I'm guessing they'd give them those paper suits to put on. I see no cleanup. They just do not do that. Sad situation for the family members, but it's true.

Member X had a theory arrived at by sleuth social media of individuals not sleuthable by TOS

Member X described his theory to the other members.

Member Y and Member Z also theorized and discussed how they were sleuthing someone they knew they oughtn't.

Moderator T came along and ended everyone's fun by making it all go poof.

Knock it off please. You all know better by now.

:gavel:

She lives fairly close, but, she initially said she got to CR1's by 7:00 am. If that's true, then what the heck was she doing for 49 minutes?

Then she says she got her kid on the bus at 7:00 a.m. She cannot get her kid on the bus at 7 and be at CR1's at 7. She picked up The Mystery Couple along the way either way. Where do TMC live? What took 49 minutes for her to call 911 if she did get there at 7:a.m. like she said?

IIRC she never said what time she arrived. Her father, LM, is the one who said she got there a 7 am. It was from one of his initial interviews when he was is shock (in my humble opinion). I'm sure he regrets it now, because it has caused people to suspect BJM of being at the murder scene for 49 minutes before calling 911.
From the beginning friends and family knew she had other people with her. This other couple often went with her in the morning. The woman in the couple (and her sister) grew up and were friends with the Manley sisters.
Just my two cents.

"The whole idea is to preserve them for evidence in the case, and also we want to make sure we are preserving them for the family members," Attorney General Mike DeWine said. "There are pictures in there, there are other things that are very important to the family members."

So does this mean the state or county is going to unboard them and do crime scene clean up on the mobile homes for the family members? As a courtesy? I thought I read that the homeowner (or next of kin) who had to pay someone to do this (ugh). There is something hinkey about it - they're still looking for something that they don't want to admit. They've already said they completed processing for evidence. What could be in there that local LE doesn't want BCI to know about? It's all speculation at this point and I'm just exploring the issues that trouble me - the ones I wonder about.

It's really quite simple [ set a thief to catch a thief ?? ] .... seems to me that they are securing the movable assets in the only way legally possible at this time, pending an asset forfeiture application / order.

IIRC she never said what time she arrived. Her father, LM, is the one who said she got there a 7 am. It was from one of his initial interviews when he was is shock (in my humble opinion). I'm sure he regrets it now, because it has caused people to suspect BJM of being at the murder scene for 49 minutes before calling 911.
From the beginning friends and family knew she had other people with her. This other couple often went with her in the morning. The woman in the couple (and her sister) grew up and were friends with the Manley sisters.
Just my two cents.

Didn't BJ herself say that Le was saying she got there earlier than she said?

With the right shot placement a 22 can kill someone on the first shot. IIRC the coroner stated that all shots were considered fatal. Whoever did this was making certain they were dead w/that final head shot though. This was one cold-hearted individual.

agreed. Its probably more likely that if they were making sure that everyone died they wouldn't use a .22. Not saying they didn't just saying it's unlikely. JMO anyone on the other properties located by CRsr and FR (visible on overhead map) would have been alerted by the number of shots, dogs barking, ect... One shot I can see sleeping through, reports of 9 to CRsr and 3 reported to GR plus 2 other Vic's (both with more than one shot according to reports) = at least 14. That's a lot of gun fire in the middle of the night on likely a otherwise silent road. I just really can't see all of this being done quietly enough for NO ONE around any of the locations to hear anything. IMO I find it hard to believe 8 people from the same family get murdered execution style in their sleep (or not) and no one close to them has any idea why.

If you look in the link, the original story has a date of May 11, 2016.
If you click on the link, you will see that above the start of the story, is the writer's email address, and to the right of that is the date, 2:20 p.m. EDT May 20, 2016.
Just a guess, but I'd say that's the date that the article was changed.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

Just for addt'l clarity: I emailed the author of the article and asked if 5/11 was the publish date, and 5/20 was the date edited, re; that CR1 & GR were found face up rather than face down, and she responded, "yes".

Pretty sure that the family did try to contact and KR son was with DS when they found him..

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/4-possible-motives-in-pike-county-ohio-murders/nrB9q/

Facebook threat?
DeWine told WHIO Radio’s Larry Hansgen Wednesday morning that his office has received 300-plus tips.
“Whenever you have a case where you have a body is found and there are no witnesses there, it’s just very difficult,” DeWine said. “It’s looking like a big, huge jigsaw puzzle. You take one piece of evidence and that fills in part of it, and after a while it starts to become clearer. We’re still in the interviewing stage of this investigation. I don’t expect any breakthrough in the immediate future.”
Two of those individuals interviewed were Isaiah Jones and Rusty Mongold.

IJ arrested and is in Pike Co. Jail for probation violation.

http://wp2.pikecosheriff.com/?page_id=893

This no new info crap is so bad that I have started noticing things from this case that would fit the Missy Bevers case and vice versa. :(

I had this case solved an hour ago. Then I realized I'd mixed up the two cases. (insert red face)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah