OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please settle in your mind to take me as a great mound of salt....You know the uselessness of being verified.What if
you or any other blogger hit these threads only once a week,all of them would not see any verification so it would
constantly be a hassle to be certified ever time they requested such..J.M.O...

Mr. Pate, if that is who you really are, just to clarify, you only need to be verified once. Because you have some strong suspicions in this case that could really hurt someone's feelings and reputation, AND you began by informing us of your prestigious expertise, I think you should pony up now.

"Sheriff?" So not just an officer, but a Sheriff? And we're not questioning if she's lying. We're questioning if she's said it, and who she's said it to. For which, we need a source.

Ha Ha, Reader would make a very ugly female sheriff. Daggone he's had plenty of people fooled for years. He does kinda' laugh like a female though. I know, it's all in the eyes. :laughcry:

If anyone ever does a forensic search on my computer, I'm toast. LOL.
I remember an article I read where Tricia said she gets requests from LE for IPs of a user or two every once in a while. I imagine they may occasionally cross reference fb visitors/WS users.

If anyone ever does a forensic search on my computer, I'm toast. LOL.

Oh, me too. I could be a qualified criminal with everything I have researched about murders, up to and including the body farm and stages of decompensation. I just have a hungry mind that needs to be fed with plenty of knowledge.

He also called the AG immediately. Which is why I don't believe someone on that department could have done this and be getting away with it. My point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he has had a pretty good idea who the perp was from the very beginning! I don't believe the cars, weed, and roosters are so connected to the murders, I think they were discovered because of the murders The counties seem to be intertwined and most people know of each other to some degree.
IMO

Interestingly, an article that appeared in today's Columbus Dispatch reports that AG Dewine, Readers, and other investigators met together today to discuss this case. If that report is true, Reader's "vacation" must be over.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/27/Piketon-death-certificates.html

"Christopher Rhoden Sr. was the only one of the eight who was shot somewhere other than the head."

I find it puzzling that the media articles list that CRsr was shot 9 times and KR was shot 1 time -- but they don't list the other victims and how many times they were shot. Wouldn't each death certificate contain that - the same - information? Or were those two the only ones released?

In reply to the comments about why someone would drag the bodies... Perhaps they thought that someone else might be coming and were attempting to clear the bodies from a main room. Obviously, the blood would make it clear something had happened there but not as quickly as two bodies sitting in the middle of the room.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...-family-death-certificates-released/85051602/

"The Pike County Sheriff's Office and the Bureau of Criminal Investigation are working the investigation. Sheriff Charles Reader called the efforts "very much intertwined," in an interview with the Gazette Wednesday.

Reader said he was "very pleased" with how the investigation is going. He also noted the total expenditures from the sheriff's office have reached more than $135,000 in the course of this investigation."

I find it puzzling that the media articles list that CRsr was shot 9 times and KR was shot 1 time -- but they don't list the other victims and how many times they were shot. Wouldn't each death certificate contain that - the same - information? Or were those two the only ones released?

Do any other media sources have access to the death certificate info? It looks like the Columbus Dispatch is the only news outlet reporting the information, and it's rather vague. Interesting. What's going on? Did they get special access?

ETA: Ok, it looks like the Chillicothe Gazette is now reporting. Odd that there's no real time of death reported other than when bodies were discovered.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/27/Piketon-death-certificates.html

"Christopher Rhoden Sr. was the only one of the eight who was shot somewhere other than the head."

Forensic Profiling for Dummies. After reading both today's release, and FPFD, I've found several things to wonder about. A couple I've listed. It's got some good info, I found it to be very interesting.

"Overkill usually is personal, with anger as the common underlying drive." - We definitely seem to have overkill at play here.

and
Signatures.
Signatures are important to the offender in some personal way. Torturing the victim, overkill, postmortem mutilation or posing, and the taking of souvenirs or trophies are signatures. These actions are driven by the killer's psychological needs and fantasies. (Overkill: All of the deceased seem to be victims of overkill except for KR. Posing: Possibly a stretch, but all were found in bed except CR1 and GR, however, they were moved to the bedroom)

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/forensics-profiling-the-perpetrator.html

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...-family-death-certificates-released/85051602/

"The Pike County Sheriff's Office and the Bureau of Criminal Investigation are working the investigation. Sheriff Charles Reader called the efforts "very much intertwined," in an interview with the Gazette Wednesday.

Reader said he was "very pleased" with how the investigation is going. He also noted the total expenditures from the sheriff's office have reached more than $135,000 in the course of this investigation."

Kind of an unusual statement. It doesn't really say anything. No mention of any other collaboration outside of BCI and local LE. More and more I'm getting the feeling this case will go cold.

Isnt a death certificate public knowledge or how does that work?
My husband passed away and
About 6 to 8 months after his death I was getting satellite switched from one home to another and I was removing his name from the bill , they looked his death up in a matter of minutes.... I am not sure what they could see but they verified His passing

Interestingly, an article that appeared in today's Columbus Dispatch reports that AG Dewine, Readers, and other investigators met together today to discuss this case. If that report is true, Reader's "vacation" must be over.

From my understanding, he just took a couple of days off, not a full blown vacation.. (or at least not what I call a vacation) but I plan mine wisely, they turn into 10 days off work straight.

This is the first time I have seen this link. I am most interested in the last sentence that is not a quote, but says that DeWine says this is one of biggest operations speaking of marijuana) he has seen in the state.
I think I might be the only one that believes it was a huge sophisticated grow operation. The original quote from DeWine was that it was a sophisticated operation with HUNDREDS of plants. DeWine was never quoted as saying 200, yet somehow that has taken on a life of its own with some MSM stating two hundred.
One rumor that got my attention (the poster did say it was a rumor that was seen on another sight) is that the elaborate grow operation was actually built under the big newer metal shed. Again I emphasis this was posted as a rumor but as with all the other speculation it could be true.
Another poster posted a picture of a beautiful house that sure looked like just a house. Under the house was a huge grow sophisticated grow operation complete with an escape tunnel away from the house.
I just cannot get past the original statement from DeWine that the operation was sophisticated with HUNDREDS of plants.
IMO the grow operations is the reason for the murders, and somehow the cars fit in with the movement of the product.

I like your statement about the escape tunnels. I feel like that's a big possibility here. JMO

I've kinda always felt CR1 was the target. I've never been convinced CRjr was. The fact that everyone else was shot in the head does goes back to execution style. At one point there was speculation that maybe it was not execution style and maybe everyone wasn't shot in the head.. This confirms they all were.. And some multiple times which seems crazy that only KR had the single wound. Why did CRjr, FR, HG, and HR, need to be shot more than once in the head.. Some in bed with their babies.. Not any better DR was, but more so speaking on them as being teenagers and young adults. It's all terrible. No matter what. I guess it's a sliver more of information than what we had.. Interesting the TOD's are being based on time being found - looks like they were all found close together, I know we questioned how soon DR's house was entered, obviously very soon.

Unless KR turned on his family for some reason, and was partnered with the assailant that night, however, when they got back to KR's camper early that morning to regroup, say, about 5:30-ish a.m., the lead partner shoots KR once through the head. He's not angry at him, just has no use for him any longer, so he shoots him only once, and a lone turkey hunter hears a gunshot but doesn't think anything of it.

You fail to understand..I do not want to be an expert witness. ..I am like you. I just have a few ideas and. Put in down
and try to make the statement mean something to this case...If you do not realize, I will inform you that my life is
an open book...If by chance I nailed it down right, and I am classified as a professional, in time of trials the defense
would subpoena me to testify. Also, there is a good chance the person on trial would fly down and take care of me...

I have more at stake than you think...J.M.F...
Wait, why on earth would you be subpoenaed? You're not working this case, regardless of what you did as a career in the past. If you nailed it down on an online message board, you'd have to become involved legally? What???

From your link: BBM

DeWine said state investigators are building a case “with one clue after the other,” but did not indicate they were any closer to finding the individual or individuals behind the April 22 shootings that killed members of the Rhoden family.

“I get a briefing everyday on the phone from my investigators,” DeWine said in Dayton during a tour of a charter school.

DeWine is out fundraising for his campaign for governor (for profit charter school execs make big donations), he's not investigating. He's just issuing press releases.

Seems somewhat discouraging that, with all the money spent, interviews and evidence gathered, they're no closer to finding the killers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah