OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't that mean he is the only one awake or tried to get away?

Yea, but I don't think so. When you look at everything else about him....to me the crime itself becomes simple. He was the target. Now getting to the who done it....lawz. maybe we should start with who didn't and go backwards. :)

Couldn't that mean he is the only one awake or tried to get away?

That was my first thought too. It could just be that he struggled and fought (he could have been the only one awake at that time or he reacted quickly-light sleeper?), as opposed to being the main target. Earlier in the case I thought that the person with the most bullet wounds would indicate the main target, but once I heard about soft tissue damage on some of the victims and that they were all, with the exception of one person, shot multiple times, I decided not to fixate on the number of shots as a clue. MOO

I know you do not mean to be trying to corner me into a box. I can verify my identification clearly. I just wanted to
join this discussion because I enjoy reading the story of so many people living in hell and still able to rise up
and give me information about their struggles. I find them heroes ...Now, for background info, Google or Facebook
me all you want. On FB, you can find me in police uniform somewhere. In Websleuth you can find my story if
you go to,"1960's Missing but not forgotten""then I get my feet wet in the case of Mary Shotwell Little, starting
around post 319 and so forth...I was on the Police force from 1960 to 1985..I am 82 now and an invalid. I
had a stroke and it left me with limited mobility and hearing...So,I still have the joy of helping solve cases via
Internet and other ways. Where you got the tip that I refused to be certified is a mystery. ..I just wanted to join
all of you because you are the cream of the crop. The year I worked on the Mary Shotwell Case, the
bloggers for the most part, were in their 20's when the case opened in 1965 and by the time I got in the
case, all bloggers were from everywhere and some were grandparents. They offered no input, only curious
about the case. Please do not take my remarks about the fox too harshly. I just call the shots like I see them..
In this case, I recognize the serial killer is a person who is highly trained and is a demanding presence
wherever he goes. But, oddly enough,you can not see the real person. In my posts sometime ago, I stated
that this case can be identified by a matter of deduction. Who is the person that we have described,,
that is able to pull off such a slaughter without leaving a trail of evidence? Do you know that we have had
victims shot in the head that could still talk some? Who do you know in this case has the opportunity and
freedom to spend every waking hour casing that corner of the boondocks without being spotted.. Who could
have visited the father every day before the slaughter and learned everything about where all victims
slept and with whom.Father and all his children would gladly receive him and gladly offer him any information
he needed to put the slaughter together....Why he left the babies, basically he is respectable.
Please do not hammer me too much on these thoughts..I hope I am wrong. Those bloggers who live around
there are reading my deductions with interests.. J.M.O. My opinion is no better than yours .. Selia

Thank you Mr. Pate. I enjoy your feedback and I agree with your explanation of victims shot once in the head and surviving. The three shots to the head were to ensure death occurred (no talking). I have felt from the beginning this is a local very familiar with the area and the ability and knowledge to pull such a mass murder off. Curious, why do you think the two bodies CR1 and GR were dragged into the back bedroom area, when the other victims were left in their beds, couch, etc.? Visible from the front window? Perp panicked, maybe not expecting to have committed the crime that day or time? Stall tactic? Perp aware BJM would be arriving early to feed the animals?

That is so much harder for me to believe - but anything is possible...

It may be possible but IMO highly unlikely. This would mean I don't really know people I thought I knew and trusted people I shouldn't have. I'm just not there yet.

I heard that a female pike county sheriff said that there was $160k found in the walls of one of the trailers, and that's one of the reasons they took the homes to the warehouse

Do you have a source or link for this?

I heard that a female pike county sheriff said that there was $160k found in the walls of one of the trailers, and that's one of the reasons they took the homes to the warehouse

Until it's in MSM, it can't be considered fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible for someone to post the article since I cannot get into it to read it. Thank you

"Rhoden's death certificate said he died of "multiple gunshot wounds to the head, torso and extremity."

Kenneth Rhoden, his brother and the only one of those killed who didn't live on Union Hill Road, was the only one of the eight who died of a single gunshot wound in the head, according to the coroner.

All of the others — Hanna Rhoden, Dana Rhoden, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, Christopher Rhoden Jr., Gary Rhoden and Hannah Gilley — each were shot multiple times in the head."

"The times of death are also listed, but they merely reflect the times the coroner or his representative officially saw the victim and pronounced the deaths."

"The time of death for Chris Sr. and Gary, who were the first two discovered by a relative, is listed at 8:07 a.m. The time of death for Hannah Gilley and Frankie, who were in the trailer next to Chris Sr., is listed at 8:11 a.m. And for Dana, Chris Jr. and Hanna, who lived a mile up the road, it is 8:17 a.m. Kenneth's, whose body wasn't discovered until afternoon, is listed as 1:49 p.m.

An official cause and manner of death (suicide, natural, homicide, accidental) is still listed as "pending" on each. That's typical until all toxicology reports are back and investigations are complete."

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/27/Piketon-death-certificates.html#

Probably not without running afoul of the dispatch's copyright. You can always clear your cache including cookies to get past the paywall if you are getting that
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We can post the article as quoted if the source is included.

That was my first thought too. It could just be that he struggled and fought (he could have been the only one awake at that time or he reacted quickly-light sleeper?), as opposed to being the main target. Earlier in the case I thought that the person with the most bullet wounds would indicate the main target, but once I heard about soft tissue damage on some of the victims and that they were all, with the exception of one person, shot multiple times, I decided not to fixate on the number of shots as a clue. MOO

IMO CR1 was shot in the extremities to try and extract information. The Perp was searching for some type of information and wanted CR1 to take the threats seriously, when its apparant the Perp intended on killing him from the beginning.

IMO CR1 was shot in the extremities to try and extract information. The Perp was searching for some type of information and wanted CR1 to take the threats seriously, when its apparant the Perp intended on killing him from the beginning.

Agree.

We can post the article as quoted if the source is included.

I believe the poster was referring to the 10% rule regarding copyright.

Please only copy no more than 10% of an article and do not forget the link!
Posts that copy more than that will be edited and posts with no link will be removed entirely.
Please, please follow this rule.

Yeah, that could definitely be the case, I agree. So either CR1 was struggling, awake, and was hard to take down, hence all those wounds, or he was a source of info. This case is so crazy! I waffle back and forth about the details minute by minute. Good point, thanks!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Turnup44

Interesting. That's my hunch on why they moved them. Curious to know if it's true. Do you have a source? TIA

Well, at least we got some new information today! All head shots except Chris Sr. :( That's just flat out execution.

I agree that for us to trust that he is indeed the person he claims to be, he should be verified. Until such time, I choose to take his input with a huge grain of salt. I really hope he is who he claims to be. :thinking:
Took the words out of my mouth... this person makes very long and detailed post, with a lot of "deflection" in my opinion, but has been asked no less than 3 times to go through a simple verification process, to no avail.

There is, as I mentioned a few threads ago, a very vague connection between JJ and the Rhodens, through his police partner in crime when R. Rooker was shot, TD. That, of course, requires JJ and TD to be more than work acquaintances who happened to kill a guy together. I wouldn't read too much into that, though. But I think JJ could fit the profile for a couple of scenarios, alone, or with one accomplice. Steroides makes it even more plausible, and looking at the pictures of the guy before and now confirms that imo. So I would keep him on my (long) list until someone convinces me otherwise. :)

I have a question. Would it be appropriate for a police officer to be facebook friends with a criminal? I noticed DR is friends with a major at the PC sheriffs office. But I guess you befriend as many as you can being a cop.

Edit: I was going towards DR not being a criminal since she had a cop friend. :)

That's the missing link I've been looking for - I think DR was probably familiar with most of local LE - more so after she and CRsr divorced in 2007, simply because she was likely to be more sociable. I've wondered if Dana was the messenger (NOT involved in any other way) who delivered an extortion ultimatum... and that CRsr's refusal is the reason for her request to Brad. I would love to know more about the organizational "climate" under Sheriff Henderson who seemed to resign in such a hurry. I just read last night (for school) that LE tends to be an ingroup - identifying with each other, socializing and protecting. This case seems like it might be a textbook example!

Took the words out of my mouth... this person makes very long and detailed post, with a lot of "deflection" in my opinion, but has been asked no less than 3 times to go through a simple verification process, to no avail.
I'm not sure why it's a big deal. He has even asked to not be called detective, and said he was no better than anyone else. Other than stating that he was a retired detective he has asked for no special "privileges". He seems to just wanna give his opinion which is what we're all doing.

I would prefer a more silent way of torture, if I was going to get information. Shots and screaming would cause more attention than more effective, yet simple methodes. So that would not go with the LE statement about sophistication, imo.

It bothers me that all we have points to small caliber guns, it seems so random and unprofessional. Would you rather fire (at least) 32 less noisy shots with a small caliber gun, rather than eight loud ones with a large caliber? I know nothing about guns, or how much louder a large caliber gun would be, but it seems odd to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member