OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am coming to this thread late - apologies. Immediately, what I've noticed is that Gary's time of death is listed as being at 8:07am per this article (killed in Greenup, Kentucky). Then four minutes later CR1,Frankie and HG at 8:11am.

Is this bizarre, or just giving us the order that the victims were targeted?
Gary wasn't killed in Greenup. He lived there but was staying with Chris Sr. The times aren't when they were killed they are when they were pronounced dead.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

I remember an article I read where Tricia said she gets requests from LE for IPs of a user or two every once in a while. I imagine they may occasionally cross reference fb visitors/WS users.

Ha! I was actually thinking about that last night!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, me too. I could be a qualified criminal with everything I have researched about murders, up to and including the body farm and stages of decompensation. I just have a hungry mind that needs to be fed with plenty of knowledge.

In addition to those, I've researched how long one needs to be dead for organs to be harvested and all sorts of other weird things lol.

Am coming to this thread late - apologies. Immediately, what I've noticed is that Gary's time of death is listed as being at 8:07am per this article (killed in Greenup, Kentucky). Then four minutes later CR1,Frankie and HG at 8:11am.

It appears they're using the time the bodies were observed by LE as the time of death. Unusual, yes.

CR1
shot 9 times
He was the one with money.
His home and his family.
His land.
Brothers living either with him or in an rv. And working for him.

It just seems to revolve around him. Imo he was the decision maker and whatever he decided seems to have resulted in this. Imo

I agree that CR1 was the ring leader. He just has that "look". I think maybe that GR, w/his sketchy buddies, and drug abuse tendencies, may have poked the hornet's nest.

I find it puzzling that the media articles list that CRsr was shot 9 times and KR was shot 1 time -- but they don't list the other victims and how many times they were shot. Wouldn't each death certificate contain that - the same - information? Or were those two the only ones released?

The article stated that all were strictly shot in the head. Not sure why they didn't break it down. GR's Dad had said he was shot 3 times in the head, we didn't know if that was entirely accurate or if he had been shot elsewhere, but now we know he was only shot in the head, so I'd guess 3 is what GR's Dad was told.. But I agree, it is strange. Though most of us have been more concerned about who had 9 and who had 1, and I guess we got the answers we were most concerned about. JMO.

Do any other media sources have access to the death certificate info? It looks like the Columbus Dispatch is the only news outlet reporting the information, and it's rather vague. Interesting. What's going on? Did they get special access?

ETA: Ok, it looks like the Chillicothe Gazette is now reporting. Odd that there's no real time of death reported other than when bodies were discovered.

I agree. I could see them potentially not being able to determine who was shot before whom, but you'd think the rough estimate of TOD would have been made available versus the discovery.. Unless they weren't dead for long.. But one of the articles from way back when, can't remember where or what exactly was said, but I felt it was implied they were "obviously deceased" which had lead me to believe there was some evidence they hadn't just been shot.

I think they just put the times of death as the times each body was found. As for Gary, the article is confusing as it says this:

"Gary Rhoden was the only one not found in his own residence, which is listed as Greenup, Kentucky, in coroner's reports."

It just means that the others were found in their own residences, but Gary was not, as he actually lived in Greenup, and not where he was found.

From my understanding, he just took a couple of days off, not a full blown vacation.. (or at least not what I call a vacation) but I plan mine wisely, they turn into 10 days off work straight.

Yeah, if I take 2-3 days off work, I could take "vacation" days. So that can be up in the air. I'm never a person to go on long vacations, but I'll casually throw the word around when I'm going a couple of states away for a few days. Or even up to the UP.

Ooh! Just realized I have a mutual friend of one of the people on my closely-sleuth list. What a small world. I live in Washington.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/27/Piketon-death-certificates.html#

"The times of death are also listed, but they merely reflect the times an official saw the victims and pronounced the deaths. They do indicate, however, how soon authorities got into the homes and how quickly things progressed once that initial call was made."

Forensic Profiling for Dummies. After reading both today's release, and FPFD, I've found several things to wonder about. A couple I've listed. It's got some good info, I found it to be very interesting.

"Overkill usually is personal, with anger as the common underlying drive." - We definitely seem to have overkill at play here.

and
Signatures.
Signatures are important to the offender in some personal way. Torturing the victim, overkill, postmortem mutilation or posing, and the taking of souvenirs or trophies are signatures. These actions are driven by the killer's psychological needs and fantasies. (Overkill: All of the deceased seem to be victims of overkill except for KR. Posing: Possibly a stretch, but all were found in bed except CR1 and GR, however, they were moved to the bedroom)

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/forensics-profiling-the-perpetrator.html

Ah! Posing. I forgot about that... didn't LE report somewhere that posing had been done?

I'm new here and while I wouldn't claim to be lazy, there are way too many threads to research for my simple question so please excuse me. Is it confirmed that KR didn't commit suicide?

I'm new here and while I wouldn't claim to be lazy, there are way too many threads to research for my simple question so please excuse me. Is it confirmed that KR didn't commit suicide?

They said "nothing points to murder/suicide". Not "nothing points to suicide".

I think they just put the times of death as the times each body was found. As for Gary, the article is confusing as it says this:

"Gary Rhoden was the only one not found in his own residence, which is listed as Greenup, Kentucky, in coroner's reports."

It just means that the others were found in their own residences, but Gary was not, as he actually lived in Greenup, and not where he was found.

Then that would mean Chris1 lived there and not with Dana and it would also mean Chris2 was found inside Dana's trailer. I know some had speculated about those two.

Good thought! While the cause of death has not been officially determined for any of the family members, I don't think this expensive, time consuming investigation would be happening if there was anything pointing to a murder-suicide.

They are going by the time they were called into 911 or LE arrived. Gary was found with Chris Sr, but his home address is Greenup, Ky. He was not found there.

This is the first time I have seen this link. I am most interested in the last sentence that is not a quote, but says that DeWine says this is one of biggest operations speaking of marijuana) he has seen in the state.
I think I might be the only one that believes it was a huge sophisticated grow operation. The original quote from DeWine was that it was a sophisticated operation with HUNDREDS of plants. DeWine was never quoted as saying 200, yet somehow that has taken on a life of its own with some MSM stating two hundred.
One rumor that got my attention (the poster did say it was a rumor that was seen on another sight) is that the elaborate grow operation was actually built under the big newer metal shed. Again I emphasis this was posted as a rumor but as with all the other speculation it could be true.
Another poster posted a picture of a beautiful house that sure looked like just a house. Under the house was a huge grow sophisticated grow operation complete with an escape tunnel away from the house.
I just cannot get past the original statement from DeWine that the operation was sophisticated with HUNDREDS of plants.
IMO the grow operations is the reason for the murders, and somehow the cars fit in with the movement of the product.

I'm not on board w/secret compartments, hiding pot in tires, etc... but, as time has gone on and we now have concrete info that

1) GR did, at least at one point, have a drug problem. He was caught shooting up drugs w/his stepfather in a parking lot in Ky. That's a problem.
2) GR also had some very sketchy friends, who he was connected with at the very least, on FB. Friends from his hometown area. Friends who were busted for trafficking last year. Not trafficking pot, but in controlled substances.
3) KY has a task force dedicated to stopping the influx and outflow of drugs between Ky and Detroit on the Hwy 23/Hwy 52 corridor that goes right through Piketon.
4) It is known that KR (iirc) would frequent the car auctions in Detroit, MI. While this is not illegal, knowing 1-3, it does make KR's trips there seem that they could definitely have dual purpose.

Just some thoughts.

I am going to tell on myself a bit here . When I was 19 (almost 20years ago) a friend ask if I would ride with him to the next city over. I agreed. On our way back we get pulled over by about a half dozen officers. Get out with your hands up .... Kind of pulled over ... I crawled out of the car crying. The police standing over me gun drawn .... Said this isn't the car and left . No explanation to us or anything. I get back in the car terrified. The guy says "oh **** that was close ". I'm like uh what
He took the car home (where my car was parked ) he gets out and starts taking door panels off .... There was bricks of pot in them. I didn't stick around to find out how much more he got out.
I'm just saying. The pot being hidden .... Doesn't surprise me

The police were looking for a robbery suspect that matched this cars description. That's why we had been pulled over

I am sorry for all the mistakes in this post. I can't see but one line at a time when posting via tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member