OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know for sure they had no bank account? Around here you'd have to have stable employment jump through certain hoops to get a 30k loan. I assume it is different there so would anyone really question the money if he did have an account? Am I making any sense lol

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
I can't remember which one it was but there was one article with quotes from a guy that went to car auctions and such with Chris Sr. He said something about Chris going to the bank before he bought the cars. I'll try to find the link... maybe someone else has it handy?

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

I have a question. Would it be appropriate for a police officer to be facebook friends with a criminal? I noticed DR is friends with a major at the PC sheriffs office. But I guess you befriend as many as you can being a cop.

When I was bad into my drug habit in the teen years I worked at a gas station that LE always came in to get their coffee. I ended up becoming quite good friends with a few of them, not in the sense they knew what I was doing, but to keep my *advertiser censored* off the radar, and it worked, for over a year until they were called to a party I was at and I pulled my ID out of a pile of cocaine. They had no idea what I was into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then that would mean Chris1 lived there and not with Dana and it would also mean Chris2 was found inside Dana's trailer. I know some had speculated about those two.

Yes, it seems it would put to rest the rumors that CR2 or any other victims were found elsewhere, outside the residence. From the reports and various news accounts, with all being shot multiple times in the head, it seems like most were shot in their sleep or very soon after waking. How else do you put multiple shots in a victim's head without being fast and catching them by surprise? CR1 seems like the only exception, as some of his wounds sound like defensive ones, or those he might have incurred while trying to move about or escape.

It happened fast, well-planned by people who were well equipped for the grisly task.

" He said Rhoden would go to the bank, withdraw cash needed to buy a vehicle, go get it*and haul it back.*"

Do we know for sure they had no bank account? Around here you'd have to have stable employment jump through certain hoops to get a 30k loan. I assume it is different there so would anyone really question the money if he did have an account? Am I making any sense lol

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/18/why-rhoden-family-had-so-many-cars/84433962/

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

I'm not on board w/secret compartments, hiding pot in tires, etc... but, as time has gone on and we now have concrete info that

1) GR did, at least at one point, have a drug problem. He was caught shooting up drugs w/his stepfather in a parking lot in Ky. That's a problem.
2) GR also had some very sketchy friends, who he was connected with at the very least, on FB. Friends from his hometown area. Friends who were busted for trafficking last year. Not trafficking pot, but in controlled substances.
3) KY has a task force dedicated to stopping the influx and outflow of drugs between Ky and Detroit on the Hwy 23/Hwy 52 corridor that goes right through Piketon.
4) It is known that KR (iirc) would frequent the car auctions in Detroit, MI. While this is not illegal, knowing 1-3, it does make KR's trips there seem that they could definitely have dual purpose.

Just some thoughts.
I do understand all of GR connections. What I don't understand is why DeWine's original words on the grow operation are being ignored, or lessened to being only two hundred plants for personnel use. It seems like many are wanting LE and DeWine to give more information, bit when they state something pretty straight forward it is ignored like it was never said. Instead relying on later MSM reports.
I just don't get it. Why don't people believe it is a sophisticated grow house with hundreds of plants. One of the most sophisticated that DeWine has ever seen in Ohio? Those all seem to be words directly from him. Why isn't it believed is my question?

But when and where did she say it? Do you have a source or is it just something you heard (aka a rumour)?

The original post stated it was something they heard. When told it wasn't fact then if there wasn't a source, they said she (the "sheriff") wouldn't lie, but still no source has been posted. So it's hearsay, rumor, whatever you want to call it, until we see a source.

To me this is crazy overkill, I don't think it's very logical to shoot someone multiple times in the head. What is the reasoning? One who is asleep would die instantly with most likely 1 shot to the head definitely no more than 2. So why all the extra? In addition if all these people were shot that many times it had to have been a small caliber in order for some if not all of their funerals to be open casket.

Insurance.

Multiple shots increase the odds that the person won't get up. It's insurance that costs little more than time.

Isnt a death certificate public knowledge or how does that work?
My husband passed away and
About 6 to 8 months after his death I was getting satellite switched from one home to another and I was removing his name from the bill , they looked his death up in a matter of minutes.... I am not sure what they could see but they verified His passing
They most likely used the Social Security Death Index

I do understand all of GR connections. What I don't understand is why DeWine's original words on the grow operation are being ignored, or lessened to being only two hundred plants for personnel use. It seems like many are wanting LE and DeWine to give more information, bit when they state something pretty straight forward it is ignored like it was never said. Instead relying on later MSM reports.
I just don't get it. Why don't people believe it is a sophisticated grow house with hundreds of plants. One of the most sophisticated that DeWine has ever seen in Ohio? Those all seem to be words directly from him. Why isn't it believed is my question?

I feel like even 200 plants would be more than personal use.
Then again, I have no frame of reference, never having grown cannabis myself.

They said "nothing points to murder/suicide". Not "nothing points to suicide".

This is now suddenly striking me as odd. I've never been on the KR did it bandwagon and then committed suicide, but is it possible he found them and was concerned he could go down for it?!

By the way, I think this is TOTALLY unlikely. Just a thought I had to get out.

Then that would mean Chris1 lived there and not with Dana and it would also mean Chris2 was found inside Dana's trailer. I know some had speculated about those two.
I'm still not too sure about CR1's actual sleeping arrangements. All of his property listings pointed to 4077 being his address. I don't know how many of you have lived in a small town but I can point to at least three couples I know who have, or have had, a set up like CR1's and DR's, w/o thinking hard at all. We always just said they couldn't live w/each other but couldn't live w/o each other. Today they use the term "It's Complicated". He may have been hanging out w/GR that night or maybe he and DR were going through one of those "complicated" time periods and he was sleeping there til it passed. But that home was not in DR's name at all, so that tells me that he expected to sleep there.

Thanks team. Am getting my head around this.
IMO I would suggest that there may be a need to identify that people were in their own beds and not 'at odds' (i.e.prior knowledge of trouble coming on this particular night). This is why I'm asking for clarification please. TIA

Gary was staying with CR1 - On the coroners list for 8:07am (#1)
Four minutes later, CR1 was found with son Frankie and Frankie's gf HG - all 3 on the list as 8:11am (#2,3,4)
Five minutes after that, Dana plus Chris Jnr and Hanna (mother and two of her children) were found - on the list as 8:17am (#5,6,7)

That afternoon,Kenneth was found 1:26pm and added to the coroners list (#8)

My question is related to Gary and/or CR Snr - Was CR1 in his own home with his visiting brother Gary, or was he found at the residence of Frankie and Hannah Gilley?

Maybe not a murder-suicide. But, could KR have committed suicide after learning that the others were killed? If I recall correctly, it was said that he seemed "paranoid". Don't remember the details of that statement, though. Like I stated earlier, maybe he inadvertently provided info to someone that led to the murders.

Welcome Bucks1

:welcome:

Great minds think alike! Just posted something similar. I don't see it as likely, but it was a thought that popped into my mind when someone pointed out they said it wasn't murder suicide but never ruled out a suicide. Again, I'm thinking probably not, but I suppose it's possible.

Excellent question.

It's really boggling my mind about the TOD's.

Totally understand the difficulty in deciding them all if they were all killed in close proximity, but even KR's being listed at 1349 is strange, right? Isn't this a bit unusual?!

Not really.

The time on a death certificate is when a person is legally declared dead, not an actual time of death.

Folks tend to consider death certificates as an extension of an autopsy.

Not true, because all deaths result in a death certificate, but not all deaths require an autopsy.

Death certificates are generally issued before autopsy reports are complete. Many, if not most or all, states require that a death certificate be issued within a specific amount of time.

That's why cause of death is often stated as "undetermined" on a death certificate when an autopsy was performed, even when the cause is relatively obvious.

As an example:

My father died of a heart attack that was caused by injuries sustained in an automobile accident. By law, an autopsy was required because his injuries were caused by criminal conduct of another person.

His death certificate states "undetermined" as cause of death because the autopsy report had not been completed.

There was never any question by the attending physician or other medical staff present, or myself as I was in his room at the time, that he died of a heart attack.

When it came time to prove anything in court regarding my father's death, it was the autopsy report, not the death certificate, that weighed as legal fact as to the cause of his death.

We won't get a better idea as to when these victims died until the final autopsy report is completed and made public.

The same is true as to specifically where each gunshot wound was located on the bodies, how many, angle of entry/exit, size of the wound, etc.

Thanks team. Am getting my head around this.
IMO I would suggest that there may be a need to identify that people were in their own beds and not 'at odds' (i.e.prior knowledge of trouble coming on this particular night). This is why I'm asking for clarification please. TIA

Gary was staying with CR1 - On the coroners list for 8:07am (#1)
Four minutes later, CR1 was found with son Frankie and Frankie's gf HG - all 3 on the list as 8:11am (#2,3,4)
Five minutes after that, Dana plus Chris Jnr and Hanna (mother and two of her children) were found - on the list as 8:17am (#5,6,7)

That afternoon,Kenneth was found 1:26pm and added to the coroners list (#8)

My question is related to Gary and/or CR Snr - Was CR1 in his own home with his visiting brother Gary, or was he found at the residence of Frankie and Hannah Gilley?

CR1 was in his own home with his visiting brother Gary.

I'm still not too sure about CR1's actual sleeping arrangements. All of his property listings pointed to 4077 being his address. I don't know how many of you have lived in a small town but I can point to at least three couples I know who have, or have had, a set up like CR1's and DR's, w/o thinking hard at all. We always just said they couldn't live w/each other but couldn't live w/o each other. Today they use the term "It's Complicated". He may have been hanging out w/GR that night or maybe he and DR were going through one of those "complicated" time periods and he was sleeping there til it passed. But that home was not in DR's name at all, so that tells me that he expected to sleep there.

Maybe but he also had 2 kids and a grandchild who lived there and it could be used for income (renting ) after they moved out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C_Plus_Detective