OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyday, sometimes a few times per day, it's a different thought completely, running on blind knowledge of anything. Many are following this tragic family murder.

Hopes that by next week, if it hasn't happened already, that a grand jury has met. I have read they meet on Friday's per someone here. Today is Friday. Dewine met with everyone today. But then again, this has happened in so many missing/murdered cases I've followed & then there's nothing. humphhhh

I believe there's at least one.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Not sure when he stopped living with FR and HG, had he just recently moved out? Maybe the killers didn't know that, or where he had moved to.

I believe there's at least one.

Thanks. I had suspected that and tend to think that who was spared could be as much of a clue as who was killed and and how. I recognize the TOS limits that discussion.

Not sure when he stopped living with FR and HG, had he just recently moved out? Maybe the killers didn't know that, or where he had moved to.
That could be the case. I think he had said he stayed with them for 5 wks but I'm not sure when he moved out.

I hate to be a pest and not look through tons of posts, but can I get a hint as to who J.J. is?

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/measuring-body-temperature.html

Measuring Body Temperature

"By far the most accurate reading of a body temperature is the one that can be taken rectally. Although is not the most pleasant of ways in which to read someone's temperature it is the most accurate in relation to the body's core temperature and for this reason it is normally the most used method of determining the temperature of the decease when they are examined at the scene of a crime"

I hate to be a pest and not look through tons of posts, but can I get a hint as to who J.J. is?
Pike county deputy who killed 2 people in 2015 (1 a high speed chase, the other an "accident" with his neighbor at home.

I admit I am nieve when it comes to pot operations, but the point I am trying to make is that in DeWine first answer he says hundreds of plants (which could be up to 999 plants), and it was a sophisticated operation. He also does a radio interview that has it it is one of the most elaborate grow operations in Ohio. Then newspapers come out and throw around the number 200 without quoting DeWine.
If the number is closer to 900 mature plants then two hundred plants (some seedlings), would it change your mind in reguadds to thinking the murders may be over the grow operation?
Again I am nieve when it comes to grow operations, and DeWine. I guess I just take his first statement as there being a lot more than 200 plants for recreational use. It also leads me to believe that if someone is growing up to 900 hundred plants they would not hesitate to sell harder drugs. So I do think it is a possibility the murders were because of it, and maybe if I knew more about how it works I would change my mind.
I do think so many sleuths have brought up good theories other than than growhouse and each one makes me think yeah thats a possibility.
There isn't one theory at this time which I think aha that it, and I sure cannot figure out a suspect or suspects. I have a few that if they were arrested I wouldn't be surprised.
Dewine's interpretation of sophistication and mine might be two entirely different things, also, anything more than 199 is "hundreds". To run an operation of 900 plants would be extremely labor intensive and I just don't see that they have the laborers needed for that kind of commitment. That's why I'd lean more into them getting into something much more dangerous, like pills or Heroin, if they had only a small grow op, b/c pills & h is not labor intensive.

I posted this the other day but thought I'd repost again...BBM

Dewine also elaborated on the three marijuana grow sites found at three of the murder sites. He told 700WLW that the sites were not just a few plants, but rather they were industrial grow sites used to produce marijuana for sale. He said it was one of the biggest operations he's seen in the state. Read more: http://www.700wlw.com/articles/loca...dence-of-cockfighting-14641398/#ixzz49v87pvKx

Or maybe they knew exactly when he moved out, and where he was at the time of the murders....

It's possible that some of the gunshot wounds may be exit wounds.

IOW, a person might be shot twice in the head, but have three gunshot wounds. Two entry, one exit, one bullet remaining in the body.

We won't be able to determine how many times each were shot (with the exception of KR who is confirmed to have one gunshot wound) until we are able to know what is in the final autopsy report.

Nine gunshot wounds could turn out to be "shot four times" or any other combination of entry and exit wounds.

Or it could be shot nine times. We really don't have the full answers yet.

Just jumping off your post...I can't remember if it was the 911 call by DS or in one of his interviews but it seems as if I remember him mentioning KR had "A gunshot wound" If indeed that was said, IMO that could be very telling...

What I mean is, for all intents and purposes, most people, do not move their exes into homes that they purchase, unless they plan to be there too. Most folks just aren't that generous to plunk down $30g cash and another $30g mortgage just so their ex can move a mile and a half up the road from them. At times when things were "complicated" he probably slept at the 4077 address, but when things were not "complicated", I'd say he was right there in that house w/DR and their kids. She called him the love of her life. If they've got an illegal grow op, and have three children together, I just don't see any morality issues w/getting the union legalized again before they slept under the same roof. CR1 was just not taking any chances that he'd have to split anything w/DR if things got a little too complicated.

Just jumping off your post....

I wonder if maybe CR Sr might've been interested in the property too because of the building on it?!

IIRC, DR and CR had been together since she was probably in her late teens, so with that in mind, I find it hard to believe that she would not know about the grow ops. JMO

I don't know if I missed something but was KR always paranoid, or did he become paranoid in the last week or so?

Just jumping off your post...I can't remember if it was the 911 call by DS or in one of his interviews but it seems as if I remember him mentioning KR had "A gunshot wound" If indeed that was said, IMO that could be very telling...

From his 911 call:

Caller: It’s all that stuff that’s on the news. Um, I just found, I just found my cousin with a gunshot wound.

911: OK, sir. Is he alive?

Caller: No. No.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...ipts-911-calls-pike-county-slayings/83445300/

I believe this is from the first interview he gave to the Daily Mail:

Car repairman Donald Stone, 44, described how he found cousin Kenneth Rhoden lying face down on his bed with a single bullet wound to his head.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cutors-killings-cold-calculated-massacre.html

Hello from New York! Been keeping up with this case since the day it began and have been following these posts for a bit but finally decided to post. To me it seems like money is the motivation. A few main targets and the rest could have been snitches so they had to be taken out as well. In my mind that's one of the only reasons to motivate someone to kill like this. BJM and DS can be suspects however I don't think they are clever enough to make a clean murder. Not tryin to put them down but really, how many common people can get away with murdering 8 people in 4 different locations?

Another big discussion is the illegal activities of the family members. I'm not from around the Pike County area but I have read that it is an area with limited jobs/opportunities. It's easy to judge people who are involved in "cockfighting" but if it's between having two birds kill each other or having your family starve, I'm sure the decision will be easy. This might not be the case or it just might be, we will never know. I'm from NYC, which is full of hustlers who will get their money by any means necessary, no *advertiser censored* fighting around here but plenty of people sell drugs. No it is not "right" but that's just the world we live in.

Anyway, I just thought I would put in my two cents and am glad there's people who are just as obsessed with this case as I am! I'm just hoping LE was able to find even a little bit of DNA somewhere to get a suspect.

Also has anyone seen a YouTube video of a man claiming he spoke to CR2 and KR through spirits? (If this comment/link isn't allowed please let me know) and as well as HR Instagram page?

This is why I think that 200 plants may not be an over exaggeration, nor an under exaggeration. It just depends on the specific person's idea of size, scope, and value. I've found that LE tends to exaggerate at times. We don't know how many Dewine's even seen. He didn't even know what a game *advertiser censored* was. If there are/were 200 plants I think we'll see 8 x 10 glossies of said plants w/the LEOs holding them, and / or taking apart the sophisticated grow op equipment, b/c it will be just too much of a find not to do so. The link below is reads, "Police say they have eliminated one of the largest and most sophisticated marijuana-growing operations in the city's history." It was a bust this past summer in New Philadelphia, Ohio and there were 18 plants.

http://www.timesreporter.com/article/20150826/NEWS/150829483

So, Daily Mail reports that DS found KR face down. I thought I read somewhere that DS said KR had blood in his eyes. If so, then either DS picked up KRs head to look at his face, or he wasn't face down... Or maybe just on his stomach with his head turned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostFromThePast