OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Article with lots of info we can't discuss, but it left me in tears.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...s-all-weve-got-left-just-those-kids/85231530/

Charlie Gilley says he spends four to five hours each evening at the side of his sister's grave, which is right down the street from his house. He says he can't sleep, so this is where he goes to try to find peace.

Omg so so sad. I was in tears also, as my little sweet 9 month old baby boy lays on my chest and cuddles up to me. I just can't imagine what that family is going through. And knowing those sweet babies are out there... Somewhere. :(

I'm happy the thread has been reopened, but weren't the death certificates released last week? Old news.

I'm happy the thread has been reopened, but weren't the death certificates released last week? Old news.

And, only time of pronounced death is on the certificates, not actual time of death. As far as this information, we still don't know anything.

I wouldn't know about the social security system in the US, but will these kids collect money from the state, and if so, how much? Would they have some kind of legal protection, or a guardian, to make sure they're not being taken advantage of in the future?

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...s-all-weve-got-left-just-those-kids/85231530/

Charlie Gilley says he spends four to five hours each evening at the side of his sister's grave, which is right down the street from his house. He says he can't sleep, so this is where he goes to try to find peace.

What a sad article. I get the impression that this was a well liked family by many in the community and I see nothing but a true love and bond for one another in all the pictures and posts. So many pictures taken and they all have smiles in them, I imagine they had many friends and few enemies, I can't imagine the killer(s) aren't known by many in the area. I hope peace comes to all that have been touched by this loving family.

Mods please delete if this isn't ok. Found this general info about paternity testing. I'm still baffled by the delay...

For a standard paternity test you should expect to receive your results within approximately five working days. Our express paternity tests range from 12 to 72 hours from receipt of the samples.

I think it says alot that the family can not even visit...that and the statement the family remains under suspicion. That we can discuss.

I think it says alot that the family can not even visit...that and the statement the family are still suspects. That we can discuss.

I thought the same thing. I don't know a lot about the foster system in Ohio, but I think this is highly unusual, especially given the ages of the kids. Maybe not all who are petitioning for custody are suspects, but at least one is, so there's a blanket no visitation order.

With all the lawyers involved, I can't believe one hasn't managed to push through a visit.

Off topic, and I hope this allowed based on what's in the article: both my kids were nursed exclusively and were very slow to wean. When HHG's grandmother mentioned a bottle, I got so sad. That poor little dude has been through so much, and to have to make that adjustment instantly is heartbreaking. 😩

If the mobile home at 4077 was used to conduct business with people getting cars repaired, selling parts, and selling cars, there could be finger prints and DNA from a lot of people in there from that alone. It could take a long time to sort them out and eliminate people...

Mods please delete if this isn't ok. Found this general info about paternity testing. I'm still baffled by the delay...

For a standard paternity test you should expect to receive your results within approximately five working days. Our express paternity tests range from 12 to 72 hours from receipt of the samples.

Source, please? If this comes from a testing facility that does private testing, that may explain it. This testing is being done by the state, and quite frankly, they have no reason to expedite anything when it comes to custody of these children. The custody issues and criminal investigation are two separate entities. OFC has so many cases that these two may take a while to get sorted out. Then again, the AG may have suggested they get pushed to the back burner for a bit....

I wouldn't know about the social security system in the US, but will these kids collect money from the state, and if so, how much? Would they have some kind of legal protection, or a guardian, to make sure they're not being taken advantage of in the future?

They will collect their deceased parent's checks. Whichever parent's will be the most. It will be based on how much the parents worked and paid in.

Source, please? If this comes from a testing facility that does private testing, that may explain it. This testing is being done by the state, and quite frankly, they have no reason to expedite anything when it comes to custody of these children. The custody issues and criminal investigation are two separate entities. OFC has so many cases that these two may take a while to get sorted out. Then again, the AG may have suggested they get pushed to the back burner for a bit....

Good points. I looked at several private/commercial sources, including Labcorp, and in general, it seems like paternity tests aren't particularly time-consuming. I don't know whether the custody issues and criminal investigation are independent, and would assume that placing children with biological relatives who are able to adequately care for them is usually a priority. Especially with children this young who may have a surviving father.

I keep wondering if CR1 was wounded in the living room and dragged himself to the bedroom, it really doesn't make any sense for the killers to drag him to the bedroom, nothing to hide him from if your going to kill the rest of the family. When I think of CR1 being shot the most times, it makes me think he was being questioned and when his answer was wrong or he refused he was shot,

GR being across CR1 makes me wonder if he was taken alive by killers then brought back to CR1 place, he may have been how the killers got past KR dog, or did he just happen to show up while his family was being murdered

That sounds like one of the "personal" paternity tests. If so, those are not admissible in court.

I think it says alot that the family can not even visit...that and the statement the family remains under suspicion. That we can discuss.

It does show how very close their family bond is/was. Outside of maybe a couple folks maybe visiting on memorial day, there is not one family member, that I can think of , especially my sibling, that I feel would even visit my grave if I died, let alone spend hours there. So, with the family being that close, it has to be something that specific segment of this family did to someone that was so egregious to them (at least in the killer's eyes) that they could not let it slide. If not, other family members would be dead too b/c of their close bond and most likely sharing of information (or so, if I were the killer, I would think). Hope that makes sense. (Note: There was a mother here, who put a rocking chair at her teen daughter's grave site, many years ago, and she'd sit and rock there all day long. She finally had a breakdown. I think partially from a sense of blaming herself.)

I thought the same thing. I don't know a lot about the foster system in Ohio, but I think this is highly unusual, especially given the ages of the kids. Maybe not all who are petitioning for custody are suspects, but at least one is, so there's a blanket no visitation order.

With all the lawyers involved, I can't believe one hasn't managed to push through a visit.

Off topic, and I hope this allowed based on what's in the article: both my kids were nursed exclusively and were very slow to wean. When HHG's grandmother mentioned a bottle, I got so sad. That poor little dude has been through so much, and to have to make that adjustment instantly is heartbreaking. 

Highly uncommon that there is no visitation w/ a family member. Visits can be set up as supervised at the child services location. They'd get at least :30 minutes a couple times each week. This keeps the child familiar with them, in the chance that they get to have custody, and the child sees a familiar face. You have to be a pretty awful person to not get visitation with a child. However this is grandparents. But, in some states if the parent's are deceased, or lose the child to child services, then grandparent rights come into play.

Just wanted to offer clarification by bouncing off this post

Members may discuss the info in the article. Any and all of it.

What we cannot do is sleuth those individuals who have made statements in the article. But by all means, discuss their comments, discuss the contents of the article.

Please do remember to redact minors names to initials.

Please do not suggest any of the persons who made statements in the article is involved in the murders.

Please do not attempt to determine paternity of little K. That is for the courts to determine, not us.

thanks folks,

tlcya

Your unmarried children, who are younger than age
18 (or up to age 19 if they’re attending elementary
or secondary school full time), can also get benefits.
Your children can get benefits at any age if they were
disabled before age 22 and remain disabled. Under
certain circumstances, we can also pay benefits to your
stepchildren, grandchildren, stepgrandchildren, or
adopted children.

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10084.pdf

Thanks for clarifying.

So this part is so heartwrenching:

Samantha Robinson still isn’t sure who handed RR to her on the chaotic morning of April 22.

But she cradled the 6-month-old, covered in his parents' blood, for three hours on Union Hill Road. He drifted to sleep as his older brother — who is her grandson — played in the car’s backseat, before child protective authorities took him from her.

Those poor children. It does sound as if little B wasn't really aware of what had happened, which is good.

I guess the babies are with CPS mainly because there are competing claims for custody of them, while S and B were already in shared custody. Surely if they thought the children were at risk, that would have applied to the older two as well. But I hope they can get the custody issue sorted out asap for the sake of the little ones. It must be so confusing for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper